• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

GaryD

Great finish to the day. That's my 2nd ashes hat trick I've seen live - first Aussie one though. Amazing in swinger from siddle on the money for the 3rd. Poms were quiet all day :)

Grug

Siddle > Everything else.

Off to the Gabba tomorrow, hopefully our batsmen deliver. Pessimist in me is expecting a collapse.

what a day of play!

cricket at its best!

well done to Siddle.

Dunno what this means for Bollinger unless they want to drop Johnson for the next test.
Too bad Bollinger cant bat...

DeSo

Banned
chicko1983 said:
unless they want to drop Johnson for the next test.
This has got to be the way to go. And honestly apart from the Shield hundred he got days ago Johnson hasn't been batting well for a long time. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well he bats in this test.

bumping this thread for todays day of play.

DeSo said:
This has got to be the way to go. And honestly apart from the Shield hundred he got days ago Johnson hasn't been batting well for a long time. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well he bats in this test.

yeah I reckon this would be the best move for Australia.

Too many bad deliveries from Johnson, apart from that Sth Africa series a couple of years ago, I dont think I have seen him bowl a complete 6-ball over without any trash in it. Thats not good enough from a test bowler.

And Bollinger is in the top 10 bowlers of the world, so it is not as though you would be dropping Johnson for a nobody.

legend166

Johnson sucks.

I'm much more confident in saying that than I was in saying Siddle sucks :lol We've been carrying Johnson for almost two years now since the series against South Africa, where it finally looked like he might come good. Since then he's ranged from servicable to rubbish. He's averaged 36 will the ball this year. We can't rely on Siddle taking 6 wickets every innings.

By the way, I'm very pleased to be proven wrong about Siddle. If only he wasn't a Victorian

master15

Watched last half of it,great seeing Siddle's hatrick live. Warney called it :D

Now time for Australian bastmen to step up. Here we go...

artist

Banned
Dead Man said:
So the thread looks pretty roadblock free today. :D
Dingo pack mentality, add another Aussie in that category ...

Katich survives through the referral, this should be interesting .. this is Australia's match to lose from here on - if they dont win.

feezel

Looking pretty good for Australia at this stage. I wish I wasn't at work so I could watch some of it, bring on the weekend!

Salazar

Looking slightly less gloomy for England, which is terrific news. Moar wickets.

It ached to stand at the bus stop this morning and let the Gabba buses go by before boarding one to uni. Really fucking ached :lol

Dead Man

irfan said:
Dingo pack mentality, add another Aussie in that category ...

Katich survives through the referral, this should be interesting .. this is Australia's match to lose from here on - if they dont win.
Stay classy irfan. Anyway, I won't be catching most of today, sounds a pretty even match so far.

Salazar said:
Looking slightly less gloomy for England, which is terrific news. Moar wickets.

It ached to stand at the bus stop this morning and let the Gabba buses go by before boarding one to uni. Really fucking ached :lol
That would take more discipline than I possess.

DeSo

Banned
Good bowling by the Poms that session. Clarke looked woeful, North no surprise. I think if Huss hangs around we can reach 260 and perhaps surpass it by a bit. He's playing amazingly.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
chicko1983 said:
fark!

north can be dropped for kawaja now!

Kawaja got nothin in the Australia A game though either. Theres gotta be some others out there somewhere :D

Game cut short by an hour......... guess at least we got to see the end of it now instead of Antiques Roadshow.

Rezbit

Hussey batting really well. Apart from the edge to slips (which was a great delivery), he has looked incredibly comfortable at the crease...I guess you could say almost vintage Hussey! Looking forward to a massive day of Samboys, beer, snags, and more beer in front of my mates massive telly tomorrow!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Rezbit said:
Hussey batting really well. Apart from the edge to slips (which was a great delivery), he has looked incredibly comfortable at the crease...I guess you could say almost vintage Hussey! Looking forward to a massive day of Samboys, beer, snags, and more beer in front of my mates massive telly tomorrow!

woah blast from the past.

Salazar

Omi said:
BBQ with added chilli sachet. :D

Anyway, Australia just on top I think, need to do some quick scoring in the first session this morning.

Feels like a bloody hot day down on the Gold Coast. I assume the same is true in Brisbane.

Salazar

Holy shit, Healy.

"With these headphones, you can tune into Channel 9 commentary. Or ABC radio commentary. But when you're at the ground, the action you're watching suits television commentary - doesn't it"

Hope they have a large bucket in the box to catch this fuck-up's drool.

Omikron

Salazar said:
Holy shit, Healy.

"With these headphones, you can tune into Channel 9 commentary. Or ABC radio commentary. But when you're at the ground, the action you're watching suits television commentary - doesn't it"

Hope they have a large bucket in the box to catch this fuck-up's drool.
And then product placement during the break of innings with Haydens 'new book'. ffs.

Ashes

Banned
Good last session. The last five wickets in 35 runs or so in that session... And England get to safety at the end of play.

Top Bottom