• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Salazar

pieatorium said:
It's Adelaide so it doesn't reall matter who they pick it will be a draw anyway.

Is this a suggestion based on the wicket or on the improbability of something exciting happening in Adelaide ?

Pick Bollinger, you nongs.

Grug

Glad Mitch got dropped. Not writing him off altogether but does not deserve his place in the side on current form.

legend166

Second test about to get underway.

Sides:

Australia: 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Marcus North, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Xavier Doherty, 9 Peter Siddle, 10 Ryan Harris, 11 Doug Bollinger.

England: 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Stuart Broad, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 James Anderson, 11 Steven Finn.

Australia are batting first on what looks like another flat Adelaide pitch.

I hope Perth is lively, because we desperately need something.

Salazar

I have steaks, I have beer, I have iced water to rest my feet in, I have ABC radio commentary on.

I am ready, bitches. England to win.

Empty

aww goddammit.

anderson is bowling great though, he's getting some very nice movement off the surface and a touch of swing. broad keeping it tight too.

Papa

Banned
Clarke really should be dropped. I can't see him making double figures any time soon. He never bats well when the team needs him to, only when he's having personal issues.

The English attack is a funny one. They have one of the best opening bowlers in the world right now (Anderson) paired with the worst (Broad). Having said that, Broad will now probably knock over Hussey and Watto.

Salazar

Well, I shrieked with joy.

It is a curious thing to once again happily expect - to seriously anticipate - England taking wickets.

scotcheggz

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Right, Bumble's well and truly losing the plot on Sky Sports. Shit's hilarious :lol

Guy is comedy gold, the only thing keeping me from putting the radio commentary on over the top of sky sports.

Also: holy shit at this session. Loving it.

Ashes

Banned
It feels like it's calmed down a bit, but Australia are actually motoring through with the run rate. Excellent start by England. Couldn't wish for a better start. Especially with Austrailia's longer tail.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
matt404au said:
Clarke really should be dropped. I can't see him making double figures any time soon. He never bats well when the team needs him to, only when he's having personal issues.

He wont get dropped, future captain and all that shit.

Papa

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

Yeah, sucks that we have no one else who could take on that role after Ponting. I guess Katich would be the next logical choice but I don't think he's quite right for it either.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
matt404au said:
Yeah, sucks that we have no one else who could take on that role after Ponting. I guess Katich would be the next logical choice but I don't think he's quite right for it either.

Katich is getting on as well i think. Watson would be good if he had the head for it, never seems to out of form and hasn't been injured in a while. Clarke's got niggling things that will keep reoccurring

Papa

Banned
Broad spotlight on the Cricket Show. He's always seemed like an arrogant brat to me, will be interesting to see how he actually is.

Yagharek

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

Unfortunately true. Players who have the right attitude for captaincy are probably too old for this shit (Hussey, Katich, Haddin). The young players who should be getting more test time (Hughes, Paine) get dropped after 2 bad tests while clowns like clarke get 74 chances because they score a ton when they have problems with their model gf.

newelly87

Banned
RandomVince said:
Unfortunately true. Players who have the right attitude for captaincy are probably too old for this shit (Hussey, Katich, Haddin). The young players who should be getting more test time (Hughes, Paine) get dropped after 2 bad tests while clowns like clarke get 74 chances because they score a ton when they have problems with their model gf.
You make it seem like Clarke has a bad record, when he is in the top 10 Australians ever in batting average.

Papa

Banned
I see T-Paine having future captain potential. Always seemed like he has a good head on his shoulders and I'm a big fan of his batting at the domestic level. Haven't seen enough of him in internationals but he definitely has the talent.

legend166

Clarke was our best batsman in 2008 and 2009. He's had a pretty crappy year though. He shouldn't be batting at number four. Problem is Hussey was going so rubbish they had to drop him down the order and bring up Clarke.

Top Bottom