• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

Somnia said:
I don't have anyone sadly =( Was mainly wondering because I'm scheduled up against the Panthers later in my season and thought they were one of the placeholders is all :D
Yeah, you also have Cleveland, but they are (hopefully) being taken by someone.

bluemax

Banned
So not going with actual NFL alignment this year eh. Are we going with at least same or close to same time zones?

Also I can't escape Rollex! At least Matrix is someone I haven't played 100 times before. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
miguel is hereby banned from all future leagues! HEREBY!

I cant defend my fellow Houston fan,he ruined the first two Show leagues this year.Miguel is the cornflake of the year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I bet that I get someone like FMT or Rors to be the Saints for me week 1, they proceed to whoop me, and then an actual owner shows up who goes 0-15 for the rest of the season. That's the way it usually works!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When will knee join the league? I will have limited time/energy this week with softball, 5K training, and my daughter's soccer league in addition to my normal work and parental duties. In addition, I think it would be very helpful if we posted everyone's time zones so we can all better schedule play times.

knee

DenogginizerOS said:
When will knee join the league? I will have limited time/energy this week with softball, 5K training, and my daughter's soccer league in addition to my normal work and parental duties. In addition, I think it would be very helpful if we posted everyone's time zones so we can all better schedule play times.

Okay, signed up.

I'm available today-- AIM: kneedrawp

I am drawp on PSN

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez you around today or tomorrow to play?

Also WTF at Konex picking off 9 passes :\

i threw 7 picks to dm in our failed game. looking back on it i made some absolutely bone headed throws. a couple my guy ran the wrong route, and one was a superhuman LB pick.

picks usually happen when you lock onto one guy and don't go through your reads, but that's not always why they happen.

plus dcx is playing with the worst team in the game. how far they have fallen from being a powerhouse as the atlanta vicks!

ok, got the panthers owner. he is going to be registering here at gaf shortly, his PSN name is bobalynxamount.

now we just have 1 more to go and for bryan to sign in!

Miguel

Sorry guys, been really busy.

Looks like I missed something.

Work going to go back to 40 hours starting this week, so I will be available from now on.

(and a little lighter in the wallet after trying to catch up with all my credit cards and stuff :|)

I'm not sure if there are spots available or not. If there are, assign me a team, I don't care which. I deserve getting stuck with an NFL Europe team for not being around to keep up.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
There were 5 defensive touchdowns in the Dolphins/Jets game? That isn't possible!
Especially since there weren't even 5 touchdowns scored... There weren't even that many turnovers.

[edit] Oh snap! I play Mig week 5.

Matrix

Someone needs to fix the stats :lol

Miguel

Mr. "72 KR touchdowns" is complaining about someone not fixing stats?

* Mig slaps Mrbob around a bit with a Mathis'd

knee

Sorry about incomplete stats on mine, Fins roster is ever changing and apparently LeagueDaddy doesn't have some of my players :-\

I don't see the 5 Defensive Touchdowns thing?

knee it's not leaguedaddy that has the rosters wrong (they are infact directly from nfl.com), it is that madden has yet to update its rosters properly.

if you need to add someone to your roster, go to "More" at the top, then "Rosters", and at the bottom you can add players as needed.

if you need assistance with this let myself or one of the other commishes know! the commishes are:

myself
rors
lonestar
fifty
coldblooded
dmczaf
zep

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
Opening the season against CK. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am not back home until tomorrow night buddy. Then you can proceed to have Reggie Bush tap dance all over Osi's carcass!

Rorschach

knee said:
Sorry about incomplete stats on mine, Fins roster is ever changing and apparently LeagueDaddy doesn't have some of my players :-\

I don't see the 5 Defensive Touchdowns thing?
I fixed the stats, that's why.

Let me know who is missing and I'll put them in for your next game.

Miguel

Wellington said:
I am not back home until tomorrow night buddy. Then you can proceed to have Reggie Bush tap dance all over Osi's carcass!
Alright, we can try for a game tomorrow night, if not, Tuesday evening.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
It's 9AM Eastern now. If you're free within the next hour and a half let's play, otherwise I'm not free until after 10PM tonight.

Are you free tomorrow? That would work better for me.

bluemax

Banned
Man its hard to stop the pass when your best cover corner goes out for the game on the first play good game LJ.

I'm upset that twice it looked like I got first downs only for me to come up fourth and inches. The first time I was at like that 11 or so at the start of the game. In retrospect had I gone for it like a real coach would've this game might've gone differently.

that is a good point bluemax. even on the first drive, i think it is realistic to go for it on 4th and inches inside the opponents 20. what do you guys think about adjusting 4th down for that instance?

also, how do you guys feel about banning QB sneak? i have yet to see it stopped on an inches to go situation.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is a good point bluemax. even on the first drive, i think it is realistic to go for it on 4th and inches inside the opponents 20. what do you guys think about adjusting 4th down for that instance?

also, how do you guys feel about banning QB sneak? i have yet to see it stopped on an inches to go situation.

It's almost 100% impossible to stop the QB sneak on an inches situation so I say ban it. Going for it on 4th and inches within the 20 is acceptable at any time I think. It's risky, but a lot of coaches have and do do it in the NFL.

edit: I thought you can go for it on 4th in the opponents territory anyways? Rules make it sound like you can.

depending on the situation. for instance, on 4th and 1 at your opponents 49 yard line in the 1st quarter, that's not acceptable.

also guys don't forget to save at least a couple replays from your games for candidates of Play of the Week (one for each conference! doesn't have to be from a game you won!)

LJ11

I've got absolutely no problem with it if isn't a QB sneak or FB dive, those are way too easy to get even when you're a yard shy. There needs to be some risk in going for it.

i was stopped on fb dive by dm 3 times :(

but i agree, it's just too easy most of the time. i'll post a poll on the league page.

also, for your videos since EA only allows 5, you can always upload them to www.maddentube.com.

EA will allow you to save your madden replays from EAsportsworld.com onto your computer. then you can upload them to maddentube!

Top Bottom