• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

DCX said:
I just want to get this week over with so i can move on from the debacle against Konex. It may seem weird wanting to face Wellie, but i need to play someone like him to judge my season against, 9 shit ints and glitches don't do well for my mental status.

DCX
Considering what he did to MiG and his DLine vs your Oline...it ain't gonna be purty! Just skip to week 3 where you face a shitty team!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I just want to get this week over with so i can move on from the debacle against Konex. It may seem weird wanting to face Wellie, but i need to play someone like him to judge my season against, 9 shit ints and glitches don't do well for my mental status.

DCX
Don't worry, I will make you forget all about Konex.

DCX

DCX
I was beating FMT 14-3 on my way to score again before a d/c i'm not a shitty player, i had the ultimate NBA Jam moment against Konex. I will win more than 5-6 games with this shit team, mark my words.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I was beating FMT 14-3 on my way to score again before a d/c i'm not a shitty player, i had the ultimate NBA Jam moment against Konex. I will win more than 5-6 games with this shit team, mark my words.

DCX
To be clear, I wasn't saying you're a shitty player. I'm just saying...you have a low tier team with a crappy Oline and Wellie has a great team with a monster dline. It's basic math!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
To be clear, I wasn't saying you're a shitty player. I'm just saying...you have a low tier team with a crappy Oline and Wellie has a great team with a monster dline. It's basic math!
So i have no chance? I see. Rors on my sched? yes. Ok. :D

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
So i have no chance? I see. Rors on my sched? yes. Ok. :D

DCX
That's what I said. Wait for week 3 when you play a shitty team!

Rorschach said:
Considering what he did to MiG and his DLine vs your Oline...it ain't gonna be purty! Just skip to week 3 where you face a shitty team!

Then, you can make a fair assessment.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
I'll be ready tonight Matrix, get off work round 10 or 11 EST.

Ok cool,I'll be free to play around 11 est or after.

Just pm me here or post in the thread.

You're home,so not sure if you are up with whats going on,but the quarters are 6 mins/all-pro.Also the winner has to put in the final game stats for each team.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ok cool,I'll be free to play around 11 est or after.

Just pm me here or post in the thread.

You're home,so not sure if you are up with whats going on,but the quarters are 6 mins/all-pro.Also the winner has to put in the final game stats for each team.
Team stats! ;b

And don't forget your cameras!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ooops I meant team stats.

Yea also make sure your camera is set to CLASSIC! ughhhh

crap i messaged luke yesterday and then forgot why i messaged him. i'll give him a heads up that the league is going (i dont even know if he is home actually)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

DCX
Oh I am not saying you are. I am still rubbing my cheeks from the ass beating you gave me in Madden 07. One way or another you will forget about Konex, either you beat me or I beat you.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Oh I am not saying you are. I am still rubbing my cheeks from the ass beating you gave me in Madden 07. One way or another you will forget about Konex, either you beat me or I beat you.
Not many could beat me in 07. Didn't mean to beat you bad, but years of my own beating i just had to. :lol

DCX

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
crap i messaged luke yesterday and then forgot why i messaged him. i'll give him a heads up that the league is going (i dont even know if he is home actually)
I sent him an aim message yesterday letting him know the league is up and to get the Browns to sign up. I'm not sure if either of them are home, though.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
When do u get home? I wanna get our game in!

DCX

knee

Please update the OP w/ various 'allowed' and 'not allowed' things :)

I've never seen an official set of rules and this is my first time in. Thanks!

Miguel

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second....

..............you threw 9INTs against KONEX?

Did I miss something the past few months?

DCX

DCX
Miguel said:

I threw 3, and the rest i just didn't give a shit anymore. :lol :lol Yes Ryan had a 1.0 QB rating :lol :lol Against Wellie in a tuneup Ryan went 8-9, 98yds and a TD with 0 ints.

DCX

Rorschach

knee said:
Please update the OP w/ various 'allowed' and 'not allowed' things :)

I've never seen an official set of rules and this is my first time in. Thanks!

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

There is also and important announcement about cameras in the front page.

If you have any questions, let us know. Also, what where the Dolphins you said were missing from the roster? I could add them right now.

Miguel said:

Jaguars + Set It and Forget It™ technology = INTsgalore™

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
He presses Y!

ron%20popeil.jpg

AS A DT...50 miles from the play!

lol konex was good with the jags last year! infact he only missed the playoffs in season 10 due to the tiebreaker with rors. i remember that crazy afternoon scoreboard watching when the entire madden world was turned upside down by an untimely win from a team with nothing to lose!

Mrbob said:
5PM central time. Bike racks. Be there!
What, nothing on the food network?

It's in my phone, and my Thunderbird calendar with reminders!

EDIT: Ooh note for all future opponents, my schedule of availability is like this:

MWFSS - all day unless I have a crazy deadline or scheduled meeting.

Mrbob said:
Better take the next 20 + hours to practice! You'll need it!
I don't think there will be anything funnier if I just happen to beat you. Your entire league cred will go to shit if it happens.

Matrix

WasabiKing said:
Your entire league cred will go to shit if it happens.

What's worse than being the league cornflake?

Mrbob

Hahaha, bitter tears over that 37-0 playoff beating matrix! :lol

BTW I haven't played this pos in about a week so maybe you'll have a chance. Maybe...!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Hahaha, bitter tears over that 37-0 playoff beating matrix! :lol

Ssssssssshhhhhh!

I went into that game intoxicated.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
10-17 4th quarter, 1:54 left in the game. Cards are losing.

Been an okay game so far. Cards lines are terrible, yes both of them.

I see why I stopped playing in these leagues though.

Matrix

dskillzhtown said:
I see why I stopped playing in these leagues though.

?

I hope it's not cause I'm using the Texans :( Not using your home team takes some fun out of the game imo.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I threw 3, and the rest i just didn't give a shit anymore. :lol :lol Yes Ryan had a 1.0 QB rating :lol :lol Against Wellie in a tuneup Ryan went 8-9, 98yds and a TD with 0 ints.

DCX
Yes, that was a bit disturbing. Never been too lucky stopping the pass.

somnia do you have AIM?

your opponent (truelize) has AIM (sn... truelize). i think he said he'd be back today. not sure if you guys got into contact with one another or not.

CB/Shawn what is the status of your game??

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Did you guys see this review of Madden 09?

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=425807&tstart=0

Some highlights:

LOS LIMIT
The line of scrimmage (LOS) limit is useless during gameplay. The quarterback can scramble from the backfield while being pressured, pass the line of scrimmage and complete a pass to his receiver without any penalty. More devastating to the defense is this: the defensive back (DB) breaks coverage and leave the receiver wide open, causing the QB to complete a deep pass.

To combat this glitch, Senior Designer Cummings states: “We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.”

This means that the QB crossing the line of scrimmage (even though it is a violation/penalty) will remain in the gameplay, while the defensive back stay with his man and not break coverage.
^^^ Anyone that does this in our league should be drawn and quartered.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE?
By definition, artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability of a computer to execute functions that usually require human intelligence. No one expects the AI to be perfect, because humans are not perfect. However, people don’t expect AI to lack the intelligence of common sense, and that’s what they lack in this latest installment. They don’t block nor do they care to block; they stand around and investigate the scene as if they are FBI agents; they miss easy interceptions by not putting up their hands, and more. These unresponsive issues are a headache. The user can only control one player at a time instead of his entire team, so he expects computer backup. Sometimes they act on impulse, and most of the time they don’t. When the latter occurs, it is simply a mess.

For example, when a RB play is called, an offensive lineman (OL) could be directly in front of him as he runs and for some strange reason, the OL moves out the way and just stands there, leaving his own teammate defenseless while defenders are converging. Why would an OL abandon a block and simply stand there or aid another OL hold off a defender that is irrelevant to the play, allowing his RB to be tackled? This lack of common sense is mind-boggling, and would never happen in a real life football game. This is not AI; this is what I call PD, Pure Dumbness.

In Madden NFL 04 and 05, EA added a great feature that allowed anyone running with the ball to facilitate a lead block by pointing his hand, which was great for RBs (unlike the pointless OL Lead Blocking feature). Strangely, this feature was gone in the later installment. This is what EA is known for; developers put a feature in one year and it vanishes the following year.

The AI flaws occur in every aspect of the game. For example, on offense, a WR could be the intended target and when the ball is in the air, he doesn’t even try to catch it. He doesn’t even react to the ball. Many times, the ball hits him directly in the back. Every WR knows that when the ball is in the air, he needs to react and attempt to catch it, or knock it down if the defender is in position for an interception. Therefore, why is this realism not in the game?

Another case in point occurs on defense when the DB has a clear-cut interception and doesn’t even put his hands up to catch the ball. Because of such stupidity and lack of common sense, the ball hits him directly in the face or chest. This is what gets one’s veins boiling. At least attempt to catch the ball. If things like these occurred in the NFL with a WR or DB, he would get a tongue- lashing from his coaches and probably released the following week.

EA claims to have enhanced the AI yearly, but it is slim at best because there’s really no headway. In truth, the AI in Madden has been stuck on pure dumbness for years (even when the AI slider is at its max) and it continues in the latest installment – and developers at EA haven’t done anything to address the problem which is sad.

OUT-OF- BOUNDS COMPLETION
Having one foot inbounds or out- of-bounds in the game is irrelevant. A QB can throw a pass to a WR and rather it being an incomplete pass, it is considered a completed catch. One foot in and one foot out is an incomplete catch, but the game does not recognize that concept. (The same nonsense occurs in Madden NFL 08.) At times, a WR can be completely out-of-bounds, come inbounds and catch the ball, and it’s completed.

One would think the Challenge Play feature would aid this problem by reversing the call, but it too seems to be broken. When an out-of-bounds catch is challenged, it fails to catch that the play was indeed incomplete and does not change the bad call. It happens all the time and nothing can be done about this glitch. What's the point of the Challenge Play feature when such fundamental concept is not recognized?

DMczaf

In Madden NFL 04 and 05, EA added a great feature that allowed anyone running with the ball to facilitate a lead block by pointing his hand, which was great for RBs (unlike the pointless OL Lead Blocking feature). Strangely, this feature was gone in the later installment. This is what EA is known for; developers put a feature in one year and it vanishes the following year.

So he wants EA to add a 2nd right stick to PS3 and 360?

Top Bottom