• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

DMczaf

My SS, Jermaine Philips.

It sucks that Greatness Score doesn't reward defensive plays as much. That was a huge 3rd and 1 stop, and it got me a 37 :lol

Mrbob

Yeah I say ban the qb sneak. It is damn cheese in this game. I've stacked a 46 defense up against the qb sneak, all out blitz up the middle and the qb still gets 4 to 5 yards.

Mrbob

That poll sucks.

I don't want FB dive banned, just QB sneak! I've seen FB dive stopped.

But that's fine. I have seen cases of FB dive being too easy too. FB dive is pretty damn cheesy in Madden on short yardage anyway. Too easy to rip off 3 to 4 yards.

Rorschach

I was stopped 3 times on fb dive by the friggin' Rams. :lol

I also stopped it today when playing against the Pack and the Texans. QB sneak is cheese though. I used it a few times, but decided it was too cheesy and haven't used it since then.

The new Textbook.

Trasher

Matrix said:
Ramirez you around today or tomorrow to play?

Also WTF at Konex picking off 9 passes :\

I'm in Seattle for PAX brah, be back on Tuesday.

Also just realized Im posting from Trasher's account. :lol

Miguel

Rorschach said:
So I was playing MiG and Stanford Routt had just picked off his second interception. Shaub decides 2 is enough:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/373449

He was out for the game after that.

schaub_matt_getty050806.jpg

Want some more?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Yeah I say ban the qb sneak. It is damn cheese in this game. I've stacked a 46 defense up against the qb sneak, all out blitz up the middle and the qb still gets 4 to 5 yards.
I was unable to score with it against the Dolphins. Banning QB sneak or FB dive is stupid. I have been stuffed on both and have had some success as well. If it is short yardage and you are on D, try putting in your Jumbo goalline defense and take the gamble they won't audible out of it. That is football.

Fifty

If Fantasysportsguy's GAF account isn't approved today (or even if it is) FMT, could you ask him to update his contact info on the LD site? I currently have no way to reach him, and I'd like to play today.

Mrbob

That is well and fine if you are inside the 10, but there is no way i'm pulling out a goal line package at the 45 yard line on 4th and 1 to attempt to stop a qb sneak. I'm not really against the FB dive as much as I am with the qb sneak as I have never stopped a qb sneak on any short yard play.

I have been burned on qb sneak on goal line formations too. Not 1 yard gains either which they should be. I get ripped for 4 to 5 yard gains, which is ridiculous.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Highlights from Jets/Dolphins Week One:

1st Quarter: Favre throws his first TD as a Jet - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/376525

1st Quarter: Favre throws his firs pick-6 as a Jet (go ahead and fap away FMT) - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/376577

McCown takes full advantage of Madden 09's weak deep zone coverage glitch that is being addressed in Patch #2 - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/376178

Favre is interrupted while trying to throw a TD by a warping lineman - http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/376221

good times.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Trasher said:
I'm in Seattle for PAX brah, be back on Tuesday.

Also just realized Im posting from Trasher's account. :lol

Ok,so I guess it's Tuesday night if you can.

Fmt, how long do we have to complete this first week?

at least until next friday. i want to make sure everyone knows the league is started and has a chance to play. a lot of people aren't around this weekend, so for this week lets wait until we get everyone settled.

following weeks will have definite advancement dates!

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Why ban FB dive along with QB sneak? I've stuffed and been stuffed with FB dive plenty of times.

WTF, I didn't notice FB Dive was in the poll too. I thought it was just for QB Sneak

Keep FB Dive, get rid of QB Sneak!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm all for banning QB sneak,don't ban FB dive!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i threw 7 picks to dm in our failed game. looking back on it i made some absolutely bone headed throws. a couple my guy ran the wrong route, and one was a superhuman LB pick.

picks usually happen when you lock onto one guy and don't go through your reads, but that's not always why they happen.

plus dcx is playing with the worst team in the game. how far they have fallen from being a powerhouse as the atlanta vicks!

You aint kidding...if i went more than 4 it would be a miracle and i just lost one that was winnable :/

DCX

well, you handled me pretty easily in that game we played...

p.s. as long as wellie beats miguel, im all alone in first already. althought i feel bad for taking the win against dm :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
not that I ever plan on having a goaline situation (all my TD's will be from 80 yards out), but no QB Sneak on the goalline?

DMczaf

QB Sneak is pretty much a guaranteed 2-3 yards. At least with FB Dive, theres a chance of stopping it if you setup your defense correctly.

Yeah it sucks, but if something is successful 99.9999% of the time, what can you do?!

i would have done the same thing! stats are the most important thing in the league, otherwise we may just keep wins-losses here!

you just say the word and we'll play a 3rd game and count it as the league game ;)

DMczaf

I'll take my loss with pride! I don't need your pity!

....but if I'm a game out of the playoffs or division title, you better get ready for Game 3!!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. as long as wellie beats miguel, im all alone in first already. althought i feel bad for taking the win against dm :(
Don't feel bad. That loss put him atop his division too!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you look down the sideline my WR has like 3 yards on the QB. alex was about to unleash the dragon!
I was gonna say...it's probably better that he got sacked. No way Alex could have made that throw. ;b

[edit] Holy shit at your offense, MiG.

It's offensive!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like wellington found his running game. 150+ yards!

CK's List of Complaints

-Passing game is overrated.

-Running game is broken.

-Defense is overrated.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You guys seriously expected me to pass with Carr? He's in Mig's pocket.

Eli got hurt on a handoff btw. If it's in the game it's in the game!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
CK's List of Complaints

-Passing game is overrated.

-Running game is broken.

-Defense is overrated.

He was playing Mig,Mig makes me look good.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
MiG's actually pretty good if he remembers to be patient. :\

You only say that cause he beat you!

I'm only messing around,he almost beat me with a miracle comeback.

DCX

DCX
I just want to get this week over with so i can move on from the debacle against Konex. It may seem weird wanting to face Wellie, but i need to play someone like him to judge my season against, 9 shit ints and glitches don't do well for my mental status.

DCX

Top Bottom