• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

If it helps stop people from making excuses or saying the game is all of a sudden not fun just because of the camera, I'm willing to change it to Action even though I'm a proponent for the Classic cam. There is nothing that the action cam does that is better than the classic cam, but go for it.

Konex gets to play one year using the vision cone while no one else does and the Conex rules are made cause he's a special case
That's our Konex!

Another year Konex scrambles to the sidelline as soon as he hikes the ball and only a few people complain,but he got a way with it for a whole season.
Oh, that krazy Konex...
This year Konex barely posts in here,doesn't read the league rules and runs up a score on me.
It's just Konex being Konex.

He's our Manny! :3

Ps- did you watch the Texans/Steelers game? I wouldn't call what I play with a team.
Tune in to ESPN right now.

i just said by the numbers! niners are a 72 overall. texans are an 80 (i think). it goes falcons, raiders, 49ers i think as far as the 3 lowest rated teams. maybe the lions are somewhere in there but the texans are rated a midrange team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If it's highlights Rors....hells noes :(

Oh the Raiders game :lol haha I will!

Fmt,I think the Texans are 78 and with no run game at all.All I can do is pass all game and pray I'm not picked off.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ok, I overreacted. I'm sorry if I wrote a message that was taken as a classless remark. I shouldn't have gone HAHAHA (was going with a fast message) Should have either said nothing or "damn, all that hurry up work, and I fall short of time on the 2 yard line."

Probably shouldn't have mentioned the play calling part. Coming off the rule (right?) of getting the play started with at least 20 seconds left on the play clock, because of how fat the game clock is. I'm usually getting my play's picked with 36 seconds on the clock, and really quickly dong any adjustments. I've just developed this really fast tempo of getting to the actual "play". Taking until 15-20 seconds on the clock before choosing a play, then snapping the ball with 5 seconds left on the play clock, to me, seemed in opposite to this rule as I understood it to be.

I don't know how I'll have time for the league, as I'm now adding on the 360 NCAA, Merc's 2 is getting more time, and now I realize Midnight Club LA is about to come out....

What do you want me to do, FMT? Madden has gotten a bit better to me, though it's still not as fun as I liked it (more of a "me problem against the NFL in general").

there is no rule as far as how fast you can pick your play. not sure where that came from. i call my plays within 30 seconds on every down (even in the 4th).

you do what you need to do. i said i dont want anyone to leave the league but im not going to guilt you into staying or beg you to stay. if you dont want to play then dont play. if you are going to play then i expect you to play for the entire season.

your choice friend, not mine :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is no rule as far as how fast you can pick your play.
"If there are more than 3 minutes left, you MUST get to the line and hike the ball with at least 20 seconds on the clock. Please don't break this rule I don't want to have to overrule wins for something so ridiculous."

Unless you meant there's no minimum.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
"If there are more than 3 minutes left, you MUST get to the line and hike the ball with at least 20 seconds on the clock. Please don't break this rule I don't want to have to overrule wins for something so ridiculous."

Unless you meant there's no minimum.

Fuck, I thought I was imagining things, that I've completly gone crazy, picking up random pieces of words from the net, and spouting off like Rainman....

Rorschach

FMT: you ever answer when the league advances? :\

Code:
 Minnesota Vikings	  	 at Cleveland Browns	  	[probably not happening]
 Dallas Cowboys	  		 at Arizona Cardinals	  	[dunno what's up with dskillz]
 New York Jets	  		 at New England Patriots	[:\]
 New Orleans Saints	         at St. Louis Rams	        [Zep is being flaky]

We need structure! Deadlines!

bluemax

Banned
I need to upload it here in a few minutes, but I'd like to nominate myself for defensive play of the week for week 2. Igor Olshansky with a 80+ yard fumble recovery for a TD! He even somehow outran Ricky Williams!

Somnia

btw FMT if you can put the play I posted up for Ramirez for defensive play of the week. Yes I'm nominating another team with a replay I posted...:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
What do you want me to do, FMT? Madden has gotten a bit better to me, though it's still not as fun as I liked it (more of a "me problem against the NFL in general").
Of course, you're using the best team. ;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I do not know the playbooks well enough to hike the ball every time with 20 seconds left. Some times I have to search for a play I want and it may get down to 15 seconds. But when you face the top teams, there is danger in a lot of the areas on the field. If I am playing a team like the Patriots that has 4 bullrush linemen and the backers and safeties are in a nickel and I have a pass called, I am likely to get sacked before one of my receivers gets open. So, I may have the play picked and to the line in 20 seconds, but if I see something that looks like a looming disaster, am I just supposed to hike it just so I can hurry up and screw up and give the ball back to a team like the Pats? This goes against logic to me. With reagrds to my game last night, I was mixing up my plays on my opening drive and felt good. I was not aware that I was taking that much time and to me, getting my plays right and having a successful opening drive is critical if you are the Jets especially against the Pats.

Now, I want to make this work. It isn't like I am new to losing since I am admittedly not a top tier player and I am using the Jets but I think I give people a good game. If I take a little longer to get my plays in, it has nothing to do with me milking the clock. All I am doing is trying to get the right matchups. I do not have a RB or WR that can just get open or plow over people when I absolutely get in a pickle. I have to get my opponent off stride with playcalling and depend on masking plays more than dominating.

If the rule is that I MUST hike it every time with 20 seconds or more every down, then I just may not be qualified for the league. If FMT or Rors or anyone has a problem with what I am outlining above and feels this is not good enough, then I will respectfully leave, play the computer, and learn the plays better for another year.

EDIT: As far as the Action cam goes, I know some of you think it doesn't make a difference, but I felt significantly more comfortable using it versus classic. I saw the field better and had a much better grasp on where my receivers were. Some may disagree and that is fine, but for me, I was feeling a lot better with the Action cam. I am not asking people to give up classsic; I am just stating I like Action better and not being able to use it has just added a layer of frustration on my part since I felt really good about Madden a few weeks ago.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There's no problem with two people that agree with action cam switching to action cam and playing with it. As long as you switch back to classic when you play anyone else.

Right? The problem was when two people used the two different cams...?

BTW if you want to play tonight Denog, I am in. I was heading for bed right after my game with Mig last night.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
There's no problem with two people that agree with action cam switching to action cam and playing with it. As long as you switch back to classic when you play anyone else.

Right? The problem was when two people used the two different cams...?

BTW if you want to play tonight Denog, I am in. I was heading for bed right after my game with Mig last night.
Will do. I should be around some time after 8PM EST.

Lonestar

So if one person uses action cam in the game, it makes the other person see and use it as well? I have yet to even use the Action cam.

Fifty

No. The glitch is basically that if two people are using different cameras, the game is more prone to disconnection. I think the action cam was the default this year...so it'd be odd if you've never seen it.

i honestly dont care what cam you play on as long as you both have the same cam or one of you plans on getting blown out.

if i ever play anyone and you want to use action cam just say so, cause i really dont mind much.

p.s. league should advance tomorrow at the latest. when i get home tonight ill get on AIM and see whats up with these games!

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
LJ, I think you're next on the list of people who get to steamroll me. Do you still have both console versions?

Yeah, I do. I can play later in the night as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty is going to blow me out,I'm using the action cam!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQMan, I have never played you nor do I actually know anything about you, but my goal for this game coming up between us is to unlock the Vince Young suicide animation.

LiveWire

I play Wasabi next, so whenever you're free dude. I have softball tomorrow night till about 10PM Eastern but otherwise I'm free every night this week.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shawnwhann said:
FMT you can advance the week whenever. I couldn't tell you when dskillz and I game will actually get our game played. I've done my part though....

Don't act like I have been ducking and dodging. Everytime I have suggested a time you have been busy and vice versa. You said you were going to a dinner last night right after I posted to play after the 1st game. So I figured it was done for the night. We will just play the game tonight.

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
Bob ducking DM for Fringe, confirmed.

I'm pulling for ducking for The Shield. A much better excuse for
20080515182806_Creating-Duck-Toy.jpg

Rorschach

Last 3 posts have exceeded our daily allotment for the use of the word "ducking".

Wellington said:
GQMan, I have never played you nor do I actually know anything about you, but my goal for this game coming up between us is to unlock the Vince Young suicide animation.
:lol Harsh.

guys on the clock issue:

i posted a rule that you must hike the ball before 20 seconds. this is an iffy rule. i dont want to tell you how FAST to run your offense, this isn't about that. i want somewhat realistic # of plays and stats, and if you're running the clock down inside of 10 everytime its a killer.

TRY to be quicker about your playcalling. i'm not going to give an L because you run it down inside of ten a few times in the first quarter but just be aware of why the rule (or SEMI rule as it were!) is there. i can see in specific situations how you really NEED to analyze what you want to call for 30 seconds, but not every play.

correct me if i'm wrong fellas! correct me if im wrong!

EA could resolve this by stopping the gameclock once the playclock hits 30. then you could have ALL the time you wanted to pick plays but not affect the actual game. ADD this EA!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'm guessing it's gonna be later than that. :\ How does tomorrow look for you?

I can go at 9-10 if it does advance, though.
I guess it's up to Shawn. We could just play the game and open the week up for our stats if it's just going to advance tonight anyway. Whatever you want to do man.

DCX

dskillzhtown said:
Don't act like I have been ducking and dodging. Everytime I have suggested a time you have been busy and vice versa. You said you were going to a dinner last night right after I posted to play after the 1st game. So I figured it was done for the night. We will just play the game tonight.

The bolded is inaccurate. You posted twice yesterday. Once early in the morning to talk about dogs...and the other later that night to reference fantasy football commitments....

Look, I'm not suggesting that you've been ducking and dodging. I am suggesting that I've made a noticeably better effort to try and get a game scheduled over the course of the past week. My circumstances for being unavailable were based around being at work while yours were based off of fantasy football, NCAA Football and NFL football viewing. Just saying dude...

EDIT- If you're serious about tonight, log on AIM and hit me up to confirm a time. Everyone knows I'm always on (work requires it) so I am never hard to find.

BryanI

Hey everyone,

So sorry that I've been MIA for the last few weeks--work has been increadibly nutz (we're wrapping up R2 quite soon). Anyway, I'm still down to participate if there's room.

Just lemme know what I need to do via LeagueDaddy and I'll sign up ASAP.

--Bryan (aka Fragile Eagle)

Rorschach

BryanI said:
Hey everyone,

So sorry that I've been MIA for the last few weeks--work has been increadibly nutz (we're wrapping up R2 quite soon). Anyway, I'm still down to participate if there's room.

Just lemme know what I need to do via LeagueDaddy and I'll sign up ASAP.

--Bryan (aka Fragile Eagle)
Welcome. Here's what you need to do:

The first thing your league members need to do is to register at LeagueDaddy. After they have registered and logged in to LeagueDaddy, they can join your league by going to the following link:

Link: http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/join/?lid=1307
Password: "alexsmith" (without the quotes)

I'll assign you your team and you'll be ready to go whenever you're able to schedule your games. You're a couple of games behind, so try to get those in first. Your week 2 opponent (current week) is Truelize. Week one is some guy named "Loke" or something.

Top Bottom