• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Fifty

Hopefully we get enough games played tonight and tomorrow night to be able to advance late on Tuesday.

Until FMT starts posting an advancement date...I'm running this show! You can't stop me! On Tuesday, I will create a new week out of thin air. I'm playing god..and I'm loving it!

Rorschach

Someone say something? Oh, it's avatarless joe! Would have missed the post entirely if it wasn't at the top of the page!

Truelize said:
My favorite part of this video is when the safety #47 actually stops his progress towards to the ball carrier, starts running for a drink on the sideline and then remembers his job is to tackle players if they have the ball.

If it's in the game.
He obviously switched and his guess as to who he was gonna switch to was wrong.... that's a player controlled guy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
He obviously switched and his guess as to who he was gonna switch to was wrong.... that's a player controlled guy.

Bingo! I switched twice though :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've now opened all the weeks, and I'm enforcing a "play me now or you will be dropped" rule....

Untitleds.jpg

:lol :lol :lol I can't help it, I'm not really that upset. I'll take the misfortune for the chaos of the Real League.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Ugh, you view in 50 post intervals?
plebian
You're such a rebel. 50 is better if most of the GAF surfing you do is clicking links people send since most people are using the default format.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to play a game?

bluemax

Banned
Yo knee I took today off from work to attend to some personal matters. I should be able to play at some point if you're able.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Wait a second...
I thought you were FOR the Patriots!
I am! I'm bitter about not being able to use my team. If my real team can't use him, then chumps online can't either!

Besides, Brady is old news. Cassel = new hotness.

Please give me an update on your availability tonight Dskillz. If I dont hear from you within the next hour or so, I'm going to assume you can't play tonight since I haven't seen you post since early this morning.

I have a dinner invitation outstanding, and it'd be good to confirm whether or not I can attend. Depends on you...

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I am! I'm bitter about not being able to use my team. If my real team can't use him, then chumps online can't either!

Besides, Brady is old news. Cassel = new hotness.

I thought you hated former USC players?

on a somewhat related note, for those of you interested in playing, we have 2 spots open in our official gaf ps3 NCAA online dynasty league. the national title game is currently being played (DCX vs. Cold! congrats ladies!) and then we will be advancing to year 2 of dynasty.

anyhow, visit the official thread (no i dont have a link... damn! you can find it in the online portion of gaf!) and let us know if you are interested. you will be a little behind on recruting but it's not like the CPU controlled teams didn't recruit. but you wont be able to begin to form and mold your school in your image until after this season with recruiting (which is an every-week job!)

season 2 will start either tonight or tomorrow, so get over there quickly if interested (i know dskillz might be interested but im not sure if he still is)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shawnwhann said:
Please give me an update on your availability tonight Dskillz. If I dont hear from you within the next hour or so, I'm going to assume you can't play tonight since I haven't seen you post since early this morning.

I have a dinner invitation outstanding, and it'd be good to confirm whether or not I can attend. Depends on you...

I was watching MNF. I had fantasy interests in that. I guess it will have to be tomorrow evening.

FMT you can advance the week whenever. I couldn't tell you when dskillz and I game will actually get our game played. I've done my part though....

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I can't stop Moss. Lonestar is murdering me. I cannot stop this.

Sorry FMT. I cannot compete with you guys. Lonestar started bitching at me for speeding up my playcalls. I did. And promptly threw an interception to Grabel that he took back 99 yards.

I simply am not enjoying this at all. I hate this fucking classic cam. And to get a "HAHAHAHAHA" message via PSN at the end of the first half is icing on the cake.

Lonestar

Maybe i should leave the league i cant throw it deep without upseting someone so i dont know what to do

Fifty

DenogginizerOS said:
I can't stop Moss. Lonestar is murdering me. I cannot stop this.

And to get a "HAHAHAHAHA" message via PSN at the end of the first half is icing on the cake.

Lonestar sent you that message? That's pretty classless unless I'm missing something.

Lonestar

God dammit, I told you I was not laughing at you, I sent that at the end of the first half, as I'm running hurry up, and I laughed at myself for not spiking the ball and running out of time. It was 14-0, was that runnig the score? I have to log out of the game to defend myself, and not from a cell phone Internet browser. Fuck, why did I come back to this shit.

Matrix

DenogginizerOS said:
I simply am not enjoying this at all. I hate this fucking classic cam.

Right with you on that buddy.

Lonestar

Oh, and before I go on to Mercs 2 since "I can't defend myself" while in game, go ahead and consider me done with the league. I don't want to start this shit, based off miscommunication and 2 deep attempts to Moss.

Matrix

Hell if anyone should quit it should be me,I'm the only one who has been truly fucked over from playing a legit game.

I think against Fifty in week 3 I'm going to QB sneak 2 times.

FUCK RULES!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Fifty said:
MAN UP THIS IS FOOTBALL

Seriously...couples counseling tomorrow. Lonestar and Denog. Let it all out.
Having to play against the Pats, I knew I was in for a pretty long, uphill battle. I knew you guys wanted to get the week advanced, and depsite being tired, I was pretty determined to get this in tonight.

Lonestar had me beat. No doubt. Double coverage on Moss with him spotlighted did nothing to stop Brady from lobbing it up and giving Moss time to get a 5+ yard advantage on both of my defenders. That isn't impossible, but it is impossible to defend in this game. The second TD he threw was similar except I hit Brady as he threw it ( or it looked like that) and yet it still carried like a dream and again, Moss ran under it. What am I going to do? Nothing.

The whole "HAHAHAHAHA" message came at the end of a half where I had driven the ball down the field and about 1/3 way through the drive I get a message from Lonestar to "Hurryup playcall". Now, I was not milking. I was checking off at the line and trying to decipher the minuscule weakness that the Pats defense offers. I was focused. And I was feeling good. But after I got that message, I guess my emotions got the best of me and I got pissed that he was calling me out on this in the middle of the game. Fine. I throw a 99 yard INT and he goes up 7-0. Now I am not feeling so good. Play on.

He then gets the ball back after my guys stall out outside of the 50. I punt. He gets decent position. And then a few plays later, as if I knew it was coming, he bombs to Moss. Nice play. Impossible to defend, but hey, Moss is damn good and again, I am the Jets. No delusions.

Now, I fail again to move the ball (something I seemingly did better with the Action cam). Now, I am feeling a bit hopeless. And he gets the ball with less than 2 minutes and I can't stop him. He gets the ball down to the 5 yard line, with one time out left, and the clock runs out. And then the "HAHAHAHAHA" message shows up.

Now, either way, I don't find anything amusing about this. I knew I was going to get killed. I knew I couldn't stop Moss. And I knew I was not in the best shape to play. But to get that message, I just reacted to it and it frankly pissed me off to the point of not wanting to play.

But, he gets the ball, and a few plays later, Brady to Moss (with me hitting him) happens again. At this point, I pretty much feel like I am wasting my time and I am pretty angry at having engaged in this tonight. Now, I was prepared to just give this game to him. And I still am. But, whatever his reasons were, there was nothing amusing about that game at that point and I just felt like the "HAHAHAHA" message, whatever he intended, was just unsportsmanlike.

Lonestar, if you say you didn't mean for it to be a way of showing me up, then I will accept that and move on. But at the time, it just seemed shitty no matter what.

guys chill the fuck out. holy shit its like we're in a fucking soap opera.

no offense but if you don't want to play then don't play. i support anyone who is in the league and i've always said you guys could come to me with any issues and we would go over it. but if all you're going to do is play, then threaten to quit when things dont go your way or you get your feelings hurt then what's the point?

DM ran up like 24 points on me in a 4th quarter, and all i did is say dude wtf!? then DM replayed a game (TWICE!) when EA fucked him out of wins. and you guys are crying that someone laughed at you? or someone misunderstood that laugh? give me a break.

if you guys wouldn't jump to conclusions and just start posting your rants online directly after the game in front of everyone things would get resolved.

the second to the last thing i want is for people to quit. you know what the LAST thing i want is? for people to threaten to quit every week when the cookie doesn't crumble their way.

i said from the get go that this is a league in it for the long haul. that you would have bullshit penalties, bullshit plays, and bullshit games ALL go against you. and if you could deal with that, then join the league.

i don't pay $40 every 3 months so i can deal with people bitching out and complaining about shit that doesn't matter. what is funny to me is that you have a new player like somnia who has an absolute BULLSHIT play cost him a game, and he comes on the board and laughs about it.

new guy fantasysportsguy inarguably is cheesed (in my mind) by mrbob and he's not threatening to quit.

so if you want to quit then quit, we will make the league work regardless. but if you're going to pull this shit then don't expect invites to future leagues.

that is all, good night!

p.s. the ea patch is coming, classic cam will only be around for a bit longer. i honestly doubt this is costing you games but i know its annoying when that isnt how you like to play. its coming within the next week or so, just be patient!

Mrbob

Oh shitttttttttttttttttttt.

One last post on the subject:

Total Offense

Total Offense

First Downs

First Downs

I agree.

Matrix

Konex gets to play one year using the vision cone while no one else does and the Conex rules are made cause he's a special case :lol

Another year Konex scrambles to the sidelline as soon as he hikes the ball and only a few people complain,but he got a way with it for a whole season.

This year Konex barely posts in here,doesn't read the league rules and runs up a score on me.

May I ask FMT........

what the heck does Konex have on you? naked pics of you and Jgar? wtf

I swear everyone treats Konex like a special needs child when in reality he's brilliant.

Btw this is fun,keeps the league from being shit for us with crappy teams.

do you HONESTLY think konex meant to break the rules on you? konex is a good guy and he is reliable.

p.s. don't complain about shitty teams because i guarantee you mine is worse than yours... and rors is worse than mine :D

Matrix said:
Konex gets to play one year using the vision cone while no one else does and the Conex rules are made cause he's a special case :lol

Another year Konex scrambles to the sidelline as soon as he hikes the ball and only a few people complain,but he got a way with it for a whole season.

This year Konex barely posts in here,doesn't read the league rules and runs up a score on me.

May I ask FMT........

what the heck does Konex have on you? naked pics of you and Jgar? wtf

I swear everyone treats Konex like a special needs child when in reality he's brilliant.

Btw this is fun,keeps the league from being shit for us with crappy teams.
:lol

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
do you HONESTLY think konex meant to break the rules on you? konex is a good guy and he is reliable.

p.s. don't complain about shitty teams because i guarantee you mine is worse than yours... and rors is worse than mine :D

No I don't,but again RULES are rules,you always preach this stuff :p Like I told Fifty,I'm more pissed he went for more points up 20-3 with no time.No excuse for that.

Ps- did you watch the Texans/Steelers game? I wouldn't call what I play with a team.

but the madden texans are better than the madden 49ers (by the numbers!).

and yes i understand what you are saying about the rules, and i said its not going to happen again. and it shant!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but the madden texans are better than the madden 49ers (by the numbers!).!

Care to test that out?

Top Bottom