• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Yea I can play now.

:lol @ rusty,you are the new Ck :p

I'm home,I'll send you the challenge.
haha No, I'm actually rusty. But I'm not being all Eeyore. I'll give it my best, of course.

Heading on.

LJ11

So when is EA going to fix glitches from last years version?

If you fumble and get hurt you can't challenge the play, but at least last year you were able to call timeout and then challenge. Fumbled inside my 20 and it ended up costing me 7.

Good game Frank, I made a really dumb read on that pass in the flats. I had Hardy deep but went to the checkdown.

Good game LJ. When your guy broke Matt Cassell hand on a sack I was like, "Good one, God".

After the 4th quarter INT when you did the goaline stand (WHY DIDN'T I HURDLE THE LAST GUY???) I almost went for it but I was just desperate for the win since my D was doing OK. I was getting pissed because you were breaking off up huge runs when I was in pass coverages in the 2nd half though. I was waiting for my blitz and you (of course) throw a deep ball/pass to an outside guy with one guy to beat. I think that happened in the 4th but your receiver dropped that pass in the flat.

EDIT: Sorry about the glitch LJ11, but if it makes you feel better I did the Highlights and checked the fumble from 3 angles, that ball was loose way before Lynch's knees were down.

LJ11

Yeah, I was calling runs at the right time, at least it seemed that way, but some of your run blitzes hit the spot as well. I should have eaten the ball in the redzone but forced it, I kept thinking about how it would come back to bite me and it did.

My receivers drop a lot of balls, but at least that drop was in coverage (he wasn't blanketed but at least he was hit). Really killed my moment, I just wanted to get half the yards back from the first down sack.

You ran the ball much tougher the first game, so I'm glad I slowed that down.

Edit: The two sacks you caused also came at very opportune times. I had deep posts to Evans called each time, and you were in a Cover 2, one more second and I might have had a big completion.

Rorschach

GG Matrix. I got lucky on that one.

Damn the roster update...had to dl it and learn the new players on the fly. Madsen, I'll miss you!!!

What's the update on Cloudy, is he still having PS3 problems? He hasn't accepted my invite and I've love to face him this week so Wellington and I can have our rivalry game Sunday.

EDIT: I'll just AIM him later this week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Rors,like usual I can't stop the good backs :( I swear it took like two to three guys just to bring down Mcfadden every play.One stiff arm and my first guy was always eating turf.

And another game where I miss a 20 something fg and make a longer one :lol

Also thanks for giving me the ball back after that 2nd face mask penalty in a row.I decided just to run 3 straight downs and punt cause it was only fair.

edit- and AJ has no break away speed in this game,in fact,none of my WR's do :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
GG Rors,like usual I can't stop the good backs :( I swear it took like two to three guys just to bring down Mcfadden every play.One stiff arm and my first guy was always eating turf.
He was contained on the outside pretty much all day 'cept for 2 runs. My OL is just too slow. :( I have one guy in the backfield on every other play heh.

And another game where I miss a 20 something fg and make a longer one :lol
Yeah, that's where I got lucky. It would have been a different situation if it was only 1 score.

Also thanks for giving me the ball back after that 2nd face mask penalty in a row.I decided just to run 3 straight downs and punt cause it was only fair.
I felt bad for the first one...I could have sworn I pushed down, but it didn't register, so I just chalked it up to karma and declined the second.

edit- and AJ has no break away speed in this game,in fact,none of my WR's do :(
He is a scary friggin' beast. I only left him 1 on 1 a couple of times and I was sure I'd get burned for it, but Asomugha made some amazing plays. Most PDs I've seen in a game. o_O

lol @ the TD pass. Can't believe Daniels held on. Johnson held on to a huge simultaneous hit from Huff and Asomugha too.

Ramirez

dskillzhtown said:
Ramirez, can you play tonight?

Yes, I can. I'd like to do it while my G/F is at work so I don't have to be bitched at for playing videogames instead of homework, sooooo anytime from 7-11 EST is good.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
Yes, I can. I'd like to do it while my G/F is at work so I don't have to be bitched at for playing videogames instead of homework, sooooo anytime from 7-11 EST is good.

Let's shoot for 9 EST.

Fifty

Gqman, this is a reminder that our w6 game is scheduled for 7 eastern. I will be on then. If you aren't there, and don't reply in this thread, I'll wait 10 mins and then call it a day.

So yeah, if someone hasn't done it already, I'll unlock week 6 @ 7

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Gqman, this is a reminder that our w6 game is scheduled for 7 eastern. I will be on then. If you aren't there, and don't reply in this thread, I'll wait 10 mins and then call it a day.

So yeah, if someone hasn't done it already, I'll unlock week 6 @ 7

why are we unlocking these weeks? didnt week 6 just open. why 7?

Fifty

I don't like ratting out a fellow Ravens fan..but when Vince Young rushes and is short..on 4th down, calling no huddle and then breaking a league rule is kind of frustrating because of this:

*NEW RULE!* QB sneak is banned forever! Why? It's nearly unstoppable. I say nearly because of course you can stop it maybe once in a GREAT while ("r u saying like one out of a hundred??" more like one out of a million!) it's just not fair. FB Dive is ok, and even though i feel it is overpowered it is more defendable.

So, please, resist the temptation to use QB sneak. just resist it dudes!

edit: I don't mean to be an ass by posting the above. But you'd be better off knowing the rules. You played an outstanding game. So much better with Collins.

I got insanely lucky on the last two plays. Insanely lucky. You played so much better than an 0-5 team. If I was unbiased, I'd say I'm really sorry for that dropped pass in the endzone.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
You still up for a game, LJ? I'll play. I have only been playing the weekly games and it's hurt me. :(

I can play in 10 minutes, have to finish something I started, that okay with you?

GQman2121

Banned
Fifty said:
I don't like ratting out a fellow Ravens fan..but when Vince Young rushes and is short..on 4th down, calling no huddle and then breaking a league rule is kind of frustrating because of this:

edit: I don't mean to be an ass by posting the above. But you'd be better off knowing the rules. You played an outstanding game. So much better with Collins.

I got insanely lucky on the last two plays. Insanely lucky. You played so much better than an 0-5 team. If I was unbiased, I'd say I'm really sorry for that dropped pass in the endzone.

I had no idea about the qb sneak. Sorry - I guess I should start reading the league rules before every game, as it looks like they're updated frequently.

I can't believe that INT I threw. It's so damn unpredictable when you try to lead a receiver sometimes. I wanted the ball to go out towards the sideline, away from the pack; he throws the damn thing behind the receiver right into your LB's!?!?!?

Playing in this league has really shown me just how much I really hate the Madden formula. We all know Tiburon is a shit developer (or is it EA who's a shit publisher for not giving them the time or money to make a new game?), but so many of the other EA sports titles have really taken off this generation, it just feels like Madden is spinning it's tires.

Anyway, another week, another loss. Good game Fifty.

Mrbob

Yeah I was excited when I thought I read in the gaming forum EA had decided to axe Tiburon...but it was only the stupid C & C tiberium game. :(

LJ11

Game locked, looping at the replay screen (do these patches fix anything?), so I have no stats. Asked Livewire if he could post a few of my player stats on here, I'll just enter them later.

I'm fucking brutal right now. Went from no Ints to 5 in two games.

Edit: Game locked up on him too. What should we do?

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
Game locked, looping at the replay screen (do these patches fix anything?), so I have no stats. Asked Livewire if he could post a few of my player stats on here, I'll just enter them later.

I'm fucking brutal right now. Went from no Ints to 5 in two games.

Edit: Game locked up on him too. What should we do?

I wrote down a handful of stats during the game, I'll put them here. They're not exact, but it's the best we've got. I think it happened because you messaged me during the Sprint Postgame Report and then I responded back before advancing to the stat screen. I forgot that this happened before to me, I think it's another glitch. Stupid fucking EA. From now on everyone, don't msg your opponent immediately after a game ends (or wait like 20 minutes or just post on GAF).

Final Score 24-10 Redskins win

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
3 0 0 7 Bills
10 7 0 7 Redskins

Redskins: (2 sacks, don't think I had more than that? don't remember who sacked Edwards)

Horton 2 INTs, Landry 1 INT, McIntosh 1 FF, Rogers 1 FR Springs 3 PDEF
Portis 1 rush TD, 66 rush yards, 19 att
Cooley 3 catches, 1 TD 80 yards
Moss 3 catches 1 TD 65 yards

Campbell 158 passing yards 2 TDs 0 INTs long 63 yd

Bills: Defense had 2 or 3 sacks
Edwards 3 INTs 186 passing yards
Lynch 45 rush yds, 1 rush TD
Lindell 1 FG 30+ yd
14 or 15 1st downs for Buffalo (actually, this was probably closer to 19 or 20 by the end of the game)
186 total passing yards
39 total rush yards
225 total offense

That's about all I can remember. :/

LJ11

I know I had like 60 yards rushing because it flashed the stat when you were taking a knee. Thanks, I'll enter these unless the commissioners want us to simulate the stats and enter those.

Kelsay also had at least 7 tackles 1 sack.

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
I know I had like 60 yards rushing because it flashed the stat when you were taking a knee. Thanks, I'll enter these unless the commissioners want us to simulate the stats and enter those.

Kelsay also had at least 7 tackles 1 sack.

Yea, I wrote 45 cause halftime you had 35, but I forgot you ran a few successful draws for decent yardage in the 2nd half.

Ramirez

Man oh man, it's the end of the game, 4th and 10, I get the pass off and he catches it beyond the 1st down, he does that stupid broken tackle animation where they high kick and goes backwards and the game doesn't give me forward progress. Bless you Madden.

DCX

DCX
Shady things went on in that game and i knew as soon as i seen snow in Dallas i was fucked :lol :lol Romosexual and the Dallas offense had thermal gloves on because it didn't effect them at all..the Falcons however, slipping sliding and can't get shit going. Ah well, going to make my case for your team next season. peace.

DCX

DCX said:
Shady things went on in that game and i knew as soon as i seen snow in Dallas i was fucked :lol :lol Romosexual and the Dallas offense had thermal gloves on because it didn't effect them at all..the Falcons however, slipping sliding and can't get shit going. Ah well, going to make my case for your team next season. peace.

DCX

I enjoyed our game too. Can't wait for round 2 in NCAA! :)

Rorschach

DCX said:
Winners put those in :p I entered the score and did my player stats.

DCX
When you enter the score and the scoreboard stuff, it erases the other stats. That's the point of telling the winners to do the team stats. You did it against me and it deleted the stats I input as well. Had to redo them. I don't know if Shawn caught it or not...

Guess I can enter the ones that you can get from player stats.

[edit] No defensive stats, Shawn? Come on...

Top Bottom