• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Miguel

I'll play one more game as the Saints if you get the Rams. Because, Rams play the Saints week 3 I think...and I never was able to get that game in with Zep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
I'll play one more game as the Saints if you get the Rams. Because, Rams play the Saints week 3 I think...and I never was able to get that game in with Zep.

I'm not getting the Rams.I'll do straight up Texans for Saints,both of our records suck so I don't think it should matter to anyone.

sorry MWS, for some reason my wireless stopped working even though my PC was still online :(

anyhow, i was likely going to lose that game (even though i just scored), but mws wtf you didn't pass 1 time the entire game! NOT ONCE! sim ball my friend! you can run a majority of the time but at least TRY to throw a pass in once in a while. not sure if its b/c you were using the rams or not but still!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry MWS, for some reason my wireless stopped working even though my PC was still online :(

anyhow, i was likely going to lose that game (even though i just scored), but mws wtf you didn't pass 1 time the entire game! NOT ONCE! sim ball my friend! you can run a majority of the time but at least TRY to throw a pass in once in a while. not sure if its b/c you were using the rams or not but still!

I have the stats, you don't want to finish it out? There was a good amount of time left.. Eh it was a substitute game so I was just having a little fun.

Somnia

Ramirez said:
Tuesday works for me...we still on for tomorrow True?

That works...I'll be on AIM all day just shoot me an IM when you want to play. I'll need to direct connect more than likely again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FMT make the switch,Mig has had some bad times and deserves to finish with the Texans.

Cloudy

Banned
I blew the game. Forcing passes instead of taking the FG. Not running out the clock at half. Botching a 2pt conversion. :(

yeah that was a good game conex. well i kind of blew it at the end too. i had that sure FG to make it an 8 pt game then i try that stupid fucking screen pass and miss the 54 yard FG.

i was surprised how well i did against the jags great secondary and line. howcome against the rams i have absolutely no time to throw, but against the Jags i had a decent amount of time a good deal of the time (still shitty pass protection but not god awful). AND i was able to get some yards running.

anyhow gg, you could have won if you didn't kick out of bounds on that final kickoff!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i tripled his time of possession and not once did the gameclock ever get below 30 seconds, even in the 4th!

i dont milk the clock punks!
When I get to the fourth and I have a big lead, I feel bad about calling plays quickly. :(

What was decided in the whole team switching thing?

If MiG takes the Texans, I'll lose that game. I just know it. :(

i am fine with switching teams if they both agree! so long as it doesn't interrupt the flow!

also, i hate when im down in the 4th and people are just running the clock down to 0. down to 20 ok, but to 0? it pisses me the F off. we're already working on a short quarters! if the game is absolutely out of reach of course. but in a close game? im a friend to all!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am fine with switching teams if they both agree! so long as it doesn't interrupt the flow!

also, i hate when im down in the 4th and people are just running the clock down to 0. down to 20 ok, but to 0? it pisses me the F off. we're already working on a short quarters! if the game is absolutely out of reach of course. but in a close game? im a friend to all!
Well, I don't run it to zero, but I don't call as quickly as I do the first three quarters. I've been up by a lot this season by the 4th. I feel like if I do, the other guy thinks I'm trying to run up the score or prolong the agony.

definitely if you are up double digits. i was only up by 5 on conex and running the plays pretty quickly.

i've had some recent success with rollout plays, but if i call a pocket pass play i basically have to get the ball out almost immediately. its not that my line lets the 3 or 4 man rush through instantly every play, but they do it a lot and i never know when its going to happen!

another thing that has bugged me, and maybe its just me, but doesn't it always seem like you end up INCHES short of a first down. its like im headed for the first down, my momentum should dictate i lean over it, but somehow no.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
definitely if you are up double digits. i was only up by 5 on conex and running the plays pretty quickly.

i've had some recent success with rollout plays, but if i call a pocket pass play i basically have to get the ball out almost immediately. its not that my line lets the 3 or 4 man rush through instantly every play, but they do it a lot and i never know when its going to happen!
Welcome to may world. :p It'll make you a better passer -- especially if your line ever gets upgraded.

another thing that has bugged me, and maybe its just me, but doesn't it always seem like you end up INCHES short of a first down. its like im headed for the first down, my momentum should dictate i lean over it, but somehow no.
I've noticed if I cover ball, my TEs fall forward more often than if I don't. I don't know if it's the same with WRs since I'm always trying to gain extra yards through elusiveness with them.

DCX

DCX
I'm at an end with Madden and my Falcons. I really have lost my touch, or i'm just this horrible of a player. I know i'm not a top tier player, but i never considered myself a bottom feeder. I need some help. Guys, feed me some input, especially those who have beaten me this year, which is all of yous! :lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Frankman said:
lol I was just coming to post this. 10PM good for you?
That's too late for me tonight. Would you be around at any time before 10 PM?

(Been a LONG weekend of drinking and not sleeping. I have to be at work at 6:30 AM tomorrow, so I'd like to get a good 7+ hours)

Wellington said:
That's too late for me tonight. Would you be around at any time before 10 PM?

(Been a LONG weekend of drinking and not sleeping. I have to be at work at 6:30 AM tomorrow, so I'd like to get a good 7+ hours)
8:30? I need time to eat and get a practice game. If the game vs. Cloudy taught me anything, play a game before a league game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Frankman said:
I'm re-reading the rules. I've ben so afraid of breaking a rule I think I gimped myself.
I am ready to roll when you are Frank the Tank.

What is your PSN name? Mine is Wellster.

Somnia

Truelize said:
Well after trying for a half an hour Ramirez and I could not connect.

Give the win to Ram for this one.

You'll need to direct connect against Ramirez more than likely. It's what I have to do.

gg Welli. The INT I threw at the goaline after I picked you in the 1st qtr I wanted to break my controller. I'm just surprised knowing what you know about the Pats you didn't come out throwing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Frankman said:
gg Welli. The INT I threw at the goaline after I picked you in the 1st qtr I wanted to break my controller. I'm just surprised knowing what you know about the Pats you didn't come out throwing.
Did we play the same game?

GG, another game another loss.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Somnia said:
You'll need to direct connect against Ramirez more than likely. It's what I have to do.

Ram and I have no problem being in the same Halo match together or when we used to play NBA2k against each other. It's not a router issue. And I can't connect without my router anyways. My router is my wireless connection.

Wellington said:
Did we play the same game?

GG, another game another loss.
I thought you came out running with Jacobs the first 2-3 plays then started passing. I just was expect Manning-to-Plax right from the start. When you got behind then you had to throw.

I was surprised I was getting pressure since I only called maybe 10 blitzes the whole game. From the 2nd to 4th quarter I was either a lineman or a LB trying to shadow Kevin Boss (unsuccessfully).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Frankman said:
I thought you came out running with Jacobs the first 2-3 plays then started passing. I just was expect Manning-to-Plax right from the start. When you got behind then you had to throw.

I was surprised I was getting pressure since I only called maybe 10 blitzes the whole game. From the 2nd to 4th quarter I was either a lineman or a LB trying to shadow Kevin Boss (unsuccessfully).
With a team like the Pats I would just leave the coverage to the AI unless it's a player like Westbrook or LDT running out into the flats.

Rorschach

Week advanced; awards up. The GB/TB game will be played tomorrow. Indy game can't be played 'till Luke gets back. Don't know if the other games will be played, so on we go!

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Week advanced; awards up. The GB/TB game will be played tomorrow. Indy game can't be played 'till Luke gets back. Don't know if the other games will be played, so on we go!

I wish I could play my week 6 but ya....Ram and I are playing our week 7 game on Tuesday.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
I wish I could play my week 6 but ya....Ram and I are playing our week 7 game on Tuesday.
Ya. :\ That's cool. Week advances on Friday the 10th.

By the way, if anyone needs fill-in games, I'm willing to fill in for absent players.

Top Bottom