• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Ramirez

My NAT is Open to answer the power ranking question. :lol I used to have huge problems partying up with people in Halo, got a new router and haven't had any problems since...

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
My NAT is Open to answer the power ranking question. :lol I used to have huge problems partying up with people in Halo, got a new router and haven't had any problems since...
:lol Was just joking.

Though, the PS3 does sometimes say "NAT type 3" even if you have it open. Everyone should at least give it a glance just in case. :p

[edit]
Oh, and for the new page: Week advances Friday.

Also: if you need games filled and you don't mind playing me, I'm perfectly willing to play.

Miguel

I'll fill in some games as well if necessary.

Mig is back in it to win it now. Texans helicopter rides for everyone!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Somnia said:
I wish I could play my week 6 but ya....Ram and I are playing our week 7 game on Tuesday.
I was out of town due to my ailing grandmother and dealing with some other serious matters. I have been trying to get in touch with Knee so I can play my week 5 game. I would like to get them in but unfortunately, the last week has been pretty Hellish. Sorry.

Somnia

DenogginizerOS said:
I was out of town due to my ailing grandmother and dealing with some other serious matters. I have been trying to get in touch with Knee so I can play my week 5 game. I would like to get them in but unfortunately, the last week has been pretty Hellish. Sorry.

Understandable..espically now that I know it was family issues...sorry to hear that man hope everything is ok. Just let me know when you can play sometime. I'm gonna head onto the next set of games and we can get back to week 6 when you are ready.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Since I'm the Saints now,I'm going to need someone to fill in and play me in the week 2 game against the Rams.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
When can you play?

Matrix

WTF do I always miss FG's against DM SO F-ING ANNOYING,I always lose cause I cant make my fg's.

AHHHHH FUCK MY SCREEN IS FROZEN! >_< Now I don't have player stats.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
WTF do I always miss FG's against DM SO F-ING ANNOYING,I always lose cause I cant make my fg's.

My game crashed at the post-game (WTF?!), can you enter the Game Stats as well and get me the Rams stats?

Losing by 3 when you miss 2 FGs, poor Matrix :(

Edit: HAHA we both crashed! AWESOME! :| It's because I mash X after the game to hurry up, I need to stop doing that!

Matrix

You caused this :( Ok game doesn't COUNT now :p

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
My game crashed at the post-game (WTF?!), can you enter the Game Stats as well and get me the Rams stats?

Losing by 3 when you miss 2 FGs, poor Matrix :(

Edit: HAHA we both crashed! AWESOME! :| It's because I mash X after the game to hurry up, I need to stop doing that!
DM, sorry about last night, i'm good to go tonight on our game...just curious, has anyone ever gone 0-16?

DCX

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I think Truelize has tried during several seasons, but I believe he always managed to get an unfortunate W or two.
Oh my pal True, what's funny is that we play this season late, it might decide the o-fer season championship :D :D

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
Quiet you!! If EA didn't gimped the Falcons and make them resemble the real life Falcons i'd be ok.

DCX

Like the Bengals are any better :lol Oh wait we have a QB...who likes to get hurt every game...freaking Wasabi :D

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:
I hope I can actually get some games in tonight....

LiveWire said:
Hey knee if you're around tonight let me know, we can get our game in...
You guys might wanna try shooting a PM or AIM message at your opponents. Some guys never make first contact or watch this thread.

LiveWire

gg knee. Man just when I thought Campbell had offensive POTW locked up, a goalline play gets blown up and your CB gets a 99-yard pick 6. Pennington was Favre-like, scrambling and slinging and slanging. He gets the award for the season's first passing TD against the Skins D. Thankfully Landry came through in the clutch with an endzone INT, and then Betts filled in for an injured Portis (never checked what that injury was that put him out of the game) to get the 1st and seal the win.

Some plays for the NFC's offensive player of the week--Clinton Portis! :D

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1183138 44-yd run

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1182815 40-yd TD

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
every player on the eagles should go down 2 points overall in the next update for their absolute awful play.

Besides JAX. he can be bumped up 1 point for that punt return TD

Somnia

Good game Ramirez :D Our games always seem to go till the very end. Thought I had a good comback there till the fumble...would have made things very fun if I wouldn't have fumbled :lol oh...wait didn't our last game end because of a fumble by a Bengals player? *sigh*

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Heh...both of your videos are warping Moss for a TD. :|
Randy Moss is so talented he has the ability to warp reality. He is The One.

1230070012a.jpg

How hard is this rule enforced, FMT? Liberally?

* NO CLOCK MILKING UNTIL 3 MINUTES LEFT IN THE 4th QUARTER! If you are letting the playclock purposely run down to under 10 seconds in the first 3 quarters that is bullcrap. Have some respect for your opponent. If we were playing 15 minute quarters, fine, run the playclock down. But we aren't. We want everyone to have a chance to win, so don't pull out the milking card. In the 4th quarter, milk all you want. If there are more than 3 minutes left, you MUST get to the line and hike the ball with at least 20 seconds on the clock. Please don't break this rule I don't want to have to overrule wins for something so ridiculous.

GQman2121

Banned
Good game Frank, but there's no way was I milking the clock.

There were a few times the I didn't snap it at the 20 second mark, but that was mainly due to having to adjust to the movements you were making on defense, or to call an audible.

GQman2121 said:
Good game Frank, but there's no way was I milking the clock.

There were a few times the I didn't snap it at the 20 second mark, but that was mainly due to having to adjust to the movements you were making on defense, or to call an audible.
GG. Look, I'm not pointing fingers or anything, but I'm talking about the times you didn't even pick a play until there were :20-:22 seconds left. I counted at least 5 of them within the first half alone, which is why I wanted to know how it's enforced. Is there a set time you have to pick your play and the like? Because I try to have my play in by :28-:32 secs so I have time for my audibles.

Fifty

It's not really "enforced" a certain way, because it's very rarely an issue. I can't think of the last time.. I know whatever playbook I'm using (without spending time studying it, I just learn quickly I guess. I'm so smrt) to be able to pick within 10 seconds most of the time

I did notice that GQ took an extra long time against me. I chalked it up to getting used to the game, his playbook and didn't mind it. He wasn't 'running down the clock' to hang on to a lead as much as he was searching for the right play. I can see how it would annoy you though, and

I'll let another commish yell at GQ to HURRY THE F UP!!

fifty are you interested in the NBA 2k9 league on 360? the thread is there and the raps are there for the taking!

anyways, regarding the clock milking, i can only say dont do it. i dont know why there is any reason for the clock to ever get to 20. why does it take you 20 seconds to decide on the play? maybe its just me but im usually thinking a couple plays ahead and what im going to call if this happens or that happens.

im not going to say YOU LOSE IF YOU LET THE CLOCK TICK DOWN TO 20 SECONDS IN THE FIRST HALF! or anything like that. but just be respectful of your opponent and understand that we're already playing on an unrealistic timeset for the gameclock, so dont run the playclock down below 20 and 15 as a real NFL team does because its not parallel

LiveWire

Yea, I see people take way too long sometimes. And I can tell just by their drives that they're confused about what plays to pick. Maybe it's just the Redskins playbook, but there's really not THAT many exotic plays to choose from...I usually have my next play selected within 5-8 seconds of getting to the playcalling screen.

You should be able to have a general idea of the run/pass balance you want to call and be able to select a formation that leaves you with the ability to audible if you come out and see an unfavorable defensive formation. The addition of formation specific audibles makes it even easier to recover if you happened to choose a play that's not ideal for the situation.

The shortened quarters (even at 6 minutes) with the automatic runoff of time severely limits the number of plays all of us get to call. Look at the scores of most games. Have we had a 40+ point game yet? Not saying we need to extend the quarters or that we're not having good matchups that are tight defensive contests, but I think everyone should try to be aware of keeping the playcalling quick.

Top Bottom