• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
AZYUMA86 said:
I don't know how you have played against everyone else, but I do know how you played against me. Nobodys complained about my playstyle either. The play I think your complaining that I used to much was a play action. And at least I would use my play action the right way. There were drives when 1st 2nd and 3rd down you would use that same PA play. Then late in the game on 4 and 15 you used it.

Don't even say you only ran that play 5 times. You ran it 5 times a quarter. We would all get to see the abuse had you recorded your stats. The game was lag for me too and I got the stats. I guess you didn't want everyone to see the passing abuse. :lol

Anyways, I have no reason to make this shit up. I won the game I have nothing to be bitter about. I'm not the one who lost, didn't get the stats, and is already talking about getting tired of this game.

Honestly, you are making a complete ass of yourself, :lol. My past history speaks for itself. The responses you got to your accusation in this thread speak for themselves. Calling me out for running a play action play is crazy. There is a right way to use play action? I guess that right way is if you use it and no one else does, right? I didn't complain about your play at all. You are the one that complained about ME cheesing? Funny how no one else in 3 years has ever complained about me, but I magically turned into a cheeser now? Seriously, thanks for the good laugh. You aren't worth my time or my bandwidth. I am done with you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I gotta back up dskillz here guys. I have played him several times over the last couple of years and I would never think of him as abusing anything. I lost to him this year due to his incredible recievers and the space they got on me. But I have a weak secondary and he has one of the best recieving cores. So um.... I don't think that's cheese.

There are several players here that can pretty much never be called out for calling a money play on a consistant basis and I think dskillz is one of them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Cannnnnnn you feel the love tonighttttttttttttt"
16353-1-large.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm calling out Azyuma on some kind of Special Run Defense Juice. ARGH, me's no likies that, DAAAAAAR.

I'm calling out Dskillz, he obiviously did something that one exhibition game a few weeks back. He knew I was on my Crush Groovin drive, and we magically disconnected, GOO GOO GACHUNKE.

Truelize has mind reading abilities, and should be banished to Cleveland.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize will finish 8-8 and make the playoffs.

Edit: Truelize about your story on LD, there's a difference between running forward which Osi did for the entire play, and running backwards, which Vick did. If it weren't for your crazy angles in that one mega drop, I wouldn't have been near you.

Anyway, tonight I am going out with a lovely lady, and tomorrow during the day I will be at work, so if you want to play in the late afternoon and into the early night let me know. We'll do what we have been talking about.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
Truelize will finish 8-8 and make the playoffs.

Edit: Truelize about your story on LD, there's a difference between running forward which Osi did for the entire play, and running backwards, which Vick did. If it weren't for your crazy angles in that one mega drop, I wouldn't have been near you.

Anyway, tonight I am going out with a lovely lady, and tomorrow during the day I will be at work, so if you want to play in the late afternoon and into the early night let me know. We'll do what we have been talking about.

Actually you don't know the play I'm talking about. So don't worry about it.

Guys I don't write these comments looking for pity. I just need to say some things sometimes. I do have an opinion. And when my opinion is coming from the losing side of things more often then not it will not be all cake and ice cream sweet. Sorry.

Wellie: regardless of how fast Osi (I don't know who this LD you keep talking about is), he is not as fast as Vick. And unless you had played 70 games with Vick you would have probably not noticed these little situations where Lineman catch up to him when he has the ball tucked and is running the exact same direction as the pursueing lineman (Vick was running towards to the left side, 100% perpedicular to it, so was the lineman who was directing behind him, not upfield a couple yards of anything). Same goes for when Vick gets the ball tucked and takes off up field and is running up the sideline and a LB catches him and gets a tackle. I've looked through the strategy guide for any lineman with speed similar to Vicks, and,,,,,,, I don't see it man. Sure the LB is coming from the middle of the field trying to cut him off, but it's just funny to see open daylight collaspe so quick when a guy has 94 speed. I don't see that happen when a WR gets the ball and takes off.
It's no big deal. It's not why I lose. I'm not blaming anything. I just wanted to paint a picture of the frustration this game is giving me right now.

And please guys don't think of this as a cry for help. I don't need a ton of pm suggesting we hook up so you can teach me something. lol. It's not that I don't know how to play.
I think it's more than I like to use different plays every down. I like to move the ball around. And I am not that good with precision passing. I overthrow or miss an open receiver at least twice a game. That's two more first downs. That makes a huge impact on my ability to win.

AZ Greg

dskillzhtown said:
Honestly, you are making a complete ass of yourself, :lol. My past history speaks for itself. The responses you got to your accusation in this thread speak for themselves. Calling me out for running a play action play is crazy. There is a right way to use play action? I guess that right way is if you use it and no one else does, right? I didn't complain about your play at all. You are the one that complained about ME cheesing? Funny how no one else in 3 years has ever complained about me, but I magically turned into a cheeser now? Seriously, thanks for the good laugh. You aren't worth my time or my bandwidth. I am done with you.

Like I said before I don't know how you have played other people, but I do know how you played me. Perhaps because I'm new you thought you could play a different way and get an easy win.

I have no problem with people running play action. I've just alwyas thought if you are playing SIM you don't run a play action on 3rd and long and 4th and long when its an obvious passing situation countless times.

Why would I make up a story about you cheesing me in a game? I won. Should I be bitter about a win?

P.S. If I cheesed the hell out of somebody and STILL lost, I might "accidentaly" back out of the stats screen too! :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well, realize that Osi's speed is well above average for DLinemen.

Edit: If my team were the Pats and my RB was Corey Dillon, you better fucking believe that at least once or twice a game in long yardage situations I am going with a HB draw. Hell I do it like 3-4 times per game now. I know personally, I might bite on that PA in 3rd and long, but that's neither here nor there.

Ramirez

I think it's more than I like to use different plays every down.

This is where the problem is...most people in the league don't do this,if they did,they'd probably be in the same boat as the rest of the people that lose.I'll tell you why I was so good last year,I knew the playbook like the back of my hand,I knew what would work,when it would work,etc. I don't know the playbook this year,so I'm just picking plays on the spur of the moment,and we all see how good that is working :lol

i call bullcrap on calling "the same plays" to win. im not talking shit but if i can be 6-2 then anyone can. i have the worst offensive team in the game, but i lead the league in scoring. look at my qb, one of the lower yards per completion average in the league. i think i have one pass completion of 80 yards which was about a 5 yard pass that i ran for 80 yards, everything else has been well below 40. i barely ever go deep. my TE has about 5 catches. i rarely run slot post out. i would estimate that not only do i run at least 15-20 different pass plays per game, but i literally run 10-15 different RUN plays per game! those things aren't easy to do considering we get about 35-50 plays per game.

let me tell you when i WILL run a play a few times a game, and this has happened. i was playing DJ demon early in one game. i call a pass play with my #2 receiver running a 10 yard hook, and my rb going out into the flats on that same side. he called a cover 2 zone. if you know anything about football, you know that there was no possible way EITHER of those receivers were going to catch the ball in those circumstances. i threw anyways and it was picked off. fine, you win this round. later in the game i call the same play but audible the #2 receiver to just run a fly for about 15 yards, and break to the corner. guess what happened? touchdown cause he called the same defensive play.

you can complain all you want about overrated TE's, or whatever you want and you would have somewhat of a point. but what explains someone raping you with a TE, then he plays someone like CK and that doesn't happen? surely it's because CK is using a better defense... oh wait, a lot of the top players in the league are using the worst teams.

here is what i DONT see the majority of the people i have played EVER run:

1. timing passes (button hooks, 5 yard outs, etc)
2. outlet passes (rb in the flats incase of a blitz)
3. counters/tosses
4. motioning receivers
5. motioning rb's
6. hot routing to "go to first down marker" play and running a timing play

etc etc. ill be honest there isn't much difference between a player like myself and guys who are below me. take away 2 plays from my game with gunstar and i lose. take away a handful of plays with my games against CP and i lose. take away a few plays from whatever game, and odds are the outcome is the same. the problem with some of you guys is that you are playing a solid game for 90% of the game, but you are losing ballgames on that 10%. you don't need to learn to play madden, you need to learn to play football

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

DJ_Tet

Banned
My game with KingV will not be played until tomorrow afternoon. If that means the league advances without us I'm sure we both understand.

Slo

I don't call the same plays over and over and over again, but I do have 15-20 plays that I like and go to often. I don't use the entire playbook, I practice specific plays and master them for just about any defense they might be up against. If people have a problem with that, I don't know what to say. I just can't call a play at random and expect to sling and slang my way to victory. I'm not that good at Madden I guess.

I will say this though, for any given formation you need atleast 2-3 pass plays and 1-2 run plays that you know will work. If you don't have that, you probably shouldn't even use that formation. If you don't have a balanced set of plays you can go to out of a formation, your opponent will figure you out quickly and probably blow you up in the backfield. Hell, I've found some nice passing plays that I can't pull out more than once a game because I don't like any other plays in that formation.

You've got to be unpredictable. It's a constant battle for me, but I've done ok so far.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you don't need to learn to play madden, you need to learn to play football

That's exactly it. And that is the only reason why I can actually handle all this losing.
I don't have a clue about football. I've learned more about the sport in the last two years from playing with the GAF crew than I had in the first 28 years of my life.

FMT: no would ever suggest that you call the same plays. As far as I've seen when we've played online you've been experimenting with new plays constantly. It's quite crazy actually. You call plays I've never seen people even use. But like above your understanding of football is pretty strong.

It's kinda hard to compete cause you not only have to understand how the video game plays, but you need to really know what a team should do in a real life situation to stay safe.

I'm kinda stuck between two desires. I really would rather play the game for fun and to screw around with what is one of my favorite games. But I also have a strong competitive nature and I get rather upset when I fail at anything in my life.
So.. I want to keep playing Madden because I find it fun. But I wanna scream on a consistant basis because I continue to lose so consistantly.

I think Madden is all about playcalling, and that is where my weakness is.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol

What's the problem then, is it on offense or on defense? Playcalling is important, but adjustments at the line of scrimmage are moreso, imo.

How many of you guys see 2-1-2 and go to 4-3 2 man under, then see 3-1-1 and go to nickel 2 man under? :lol Both on O and D you gotta keep your opponent on their toes. I dunno what else to say, but if anyone wants to talk about the finer points of Madden feel free to shoot an IM over! I'm not even the best player in the league, for that you gotta talk to FMT. If you want luck talk to me. :D

hgplayer1

newsguy said:
Shit man, I just saw your post cause I didn't catch it in-between all the long posts. If you're still up we can play, if not tomorrow night is cool too.

tonight is ok for me just give me a little notice so we can meet up. Ill be on AIM as much as possible and if you see me on Live send me an invite..

newsguy

hgplayer1 said:
tonight is ok for me just give me a little notice so we can meet up. Ill be on AIM as much as possible and if you see me on Live send me an invite..

Cool, I get home around 12 eastern so I'll look for you then.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
drey my Screen name on aol is mr.black nj so look for me there.. and we can go, I want to play soo, just write me...

also the new rosters are in

Fifty

Woooooooo. Roster update!

My 2nd TE has changed....Wright is the default starter, and oh yeah, Boulware is on the team!!

Everyone check it out. It's legit.

Matrix

Finally :D No more having to fix my PR's.

Drey1082

Malleymal said:
drey my Screen name on aol is mr.black nj so look for me there.. and we can go, I want to play soo, just write me...

also the new rosters are in

Whenever you're ready. Did you type your IM name wrong? I added you to my buddy list and you aren't showing up. IM me at drey1082.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Woooooooo. Roster update!

My 2nd TE has changed....Wright is the default starter, and oh yeah, Boulware is on the team!!

Everyone check it out. It's legit.

:0!

Finally, gonna grab them right now

newsguy

hgplayer1 said:
holy crap thats kinda late but Ill be there. might have to take a nap before the game though :lol

Sorry, that's actually what time I gett off work. I work until 5pm tomorrow but I'm not sure if the league advances by then.

I've been playing football games since tecmo bowl and that oldschool cyborg football game for the arcades. I barely paid much attention on the WR, TE and RB numbers after the offense picks a play. I still won games back then but once I started playing Madden online, people would kick my ass and I was left wondering how they knew I would pass/run when they picked the best defense against it. Now I am 7-1 in the League cuz it helps a lot knowing how many WR/TE/RB are going to be on the field before picking me Defensive plays.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
iceDragon7 said:
I've been playing football games since tecmo bowl and that oldschool cyborg football game for the arcades. I barely paid much attention on the WR, TE and RB numbers after the offense picks a play. I still won games back then but once I started playing Madden online, people would kick my ass and I was left wondering how they knew I would pass/run when they picked the best defense against it. Now I am 7-1 in the League cuz it helps a lot knowing how many WR/TE/RB are going to be on the field before picking me Defensive plays.

Thanks for that.

I played a game with CB and still no roster update.
Heck, mine never even downloaded when I signed on.

:D MrBob...this is it...the game you been waiting for all week. Send me an IM whenever you feel like LOSING!
The Jets won't lose.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
9-0!

I've never played Andokuky before, but I am up to the challenge!

Edit: :lol! Adding truelize's record dropped me all the way down to second to last in opponent record. :(

Lonestar

I demands a Defensive Player of the week RECOUNTARAMA!!! Strahan, BLAH!! Marcus Trufant, 4 tackles, 2 INT's 2 Pass Deflections 1 Def TD, WOOOOOOO 4 LIFE. :p

Guess it's finally time. HG vs. Lone, take 18 ;) Let me know when you want to go for game HG.

Lonestar

Good God, my red zone offense sucks. #1 in Trips into the RZ (26 times) and...I half less than 50% success. WT....F? I'm 7 of 9 on FG, so it's not that! 4 or 5 INT's in the End Zone doesn't help...

My 4 losses are to Playoff bound opponents, and I'm #16. I SMELL THE NOFUN POLICE, WHAAAAA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy ish, from left to right Ando's LBs are rated 87, 96, 90, second only to the Bills LB corps.

How anyone gets any rushing yardage on you is beyond me. This is going to be a really tough game for the Wellster, gents.

ck you've got a tough schedule coming up. can someone with some balls please beat ck at least once so we can have the showdown of a lifetime in the final week for homefield throughout!?

p.s. on closer inspection i will likely lose to the eagles :(

Top Bottom