• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
I demands a Defensive Player of the week RECOUNTARAMA!!! Strahan, BLAH!! Marcus Trufant, 4 tackles, 2 INT's 2 Pass Deflections 1 Def TD, WOOOOOOO 4 LIFE. :p

Guess it's finally time. HG vs. Lone, take 18 ;) Let me know when you want to go for game HG.

I can play today just about any time. I get off work in about an hour and Im going home to watch a game on TV then I should be good to go the rest of the afternoon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andokuky,when would you like to play our week 9 game?

I also think I need to add you to my friends list and my xbox live name is matrixadw.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Andokuky,when would you like to play our week 9 game?

I also think I need to add you to my friends list and my xbox live name is matrixadw.

Do me a faovr, knock him off of his win streak so that he has no momentum coming into my match up with him. ;)

FMT: Are you still going to switch Ram out of my schedule for MrBob, as we have previously discussed? I would rather not have to take apart my home network just for a game of Madden. And as a bonus, MrBob owns me in Madden, so it's win win.

Edit: Nevermind!

As it stands, I have a real good chance of losing my next five games. Andokuky just beat Fifty and has a really good team, Fifty has an incredible D, Azyuma also has a tough D despite the ratings of his team, Bob owns me, and then a game with DM. My prediction? I finish the season out 11-5.

DJ_Tet

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
My game with KingV will not be played until tomorrow afternoon. If that means the league advances without us I'm sure we both understand.

Doh, Jake Delhomme and his 5 TDs cry :( Tough game King, better luck next time man.

Andokuky

Banned
Do you have AIM matrix? My Live tag is machopandora. I might be able to play tonight. If not then maybe Sunday night, definitely Monday night if you're available.

Wow, gauntlet coming up on my schedule. I forsee an 0-5 stretch coming up :(

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
52-3? Ouch.....Poor Saints :( America's team has seen better days.

America's team ruined my Sunday, fuck em!

*No offense to King V, and not related to our game, that just got out of hand, I promise I didn't try to run up the score, although it did feel good just cause it was the saints lol*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
New Poll! Should we force DJ to take a 50 point loss under penalty of FORFRONTATION.

HG: Bama's going to be on TV in the next 1 1/2 hours, so I'll be tied up till 5 or so, and I might end up doing something right afterwards. Wanna plan for 8-11 PM EST or so?

KingV

newsguy:

You want to play our game sometime sunday?

Easiest way to get in touch with me is VIA AIM: name is SSNTom80

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
New Poll! Should we force DJ to take a 50 point loss under penalty of FORFRONTATION.

HG: Bama's going to be on TV in the next 1 1/2 hours, so I'll be tied up till 5 or so, and I might end up doing something right afterwards. Wanna plan for 8-11 PM EST or so?

yeah that sounds good Ill check back here later.

Slo

Correction: two 6-3 teams squaring off. :D

BTW, I'm about to leave to take the wife out for our anni. If the stars align, I might be on later tonight. Probably have to weight until Tues. like we agreed though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
9-0!

I've never played Andokuky before, but I am up to the challenge!

Edit: :lol! Adding truelize's record dropped me all the way down to second to last in opponent record. :(

Wow that doesn't say much about the strength of your schedule. Where as I'm 7th in opponent record.
There are only two teams in the top 10 in opponent record that even have a winning record. Kudos to Slo his schedule has been a beast.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
Wow that doesn't say much about the strength of your schedule. Where as I'm 7th in opponent record.
There are only two teams in the top 10 in opponent record that even have a winning record. Kudos to Slo his schedule has been a beast.

Uh... I fully expected myself to be on the low end of the strength of schedule as I've been saying all along. Not only that but you do realize that your own record determines a portion of that? Anyone I play gets a phat 9 opponent wins added to their opponent's record category. Take a look, the Skins, Vikes, Chargers, and you are benefitting from it. The Skins have the second toughest opponent record at 47-28. Pretend he never played me and it goes all the way down to 38-28, which is still a tough schedule, but not as impressive as 47-28. Slo would be at 29-27 if my game with him disappeared. The reverse is true. So in fairness, you can't just one-sidedly say that all the teams I have played against suck or the ones you have played against own, you have to take into consideration how much you suck or I own.

Fact of the matter is, though, I have told Fifty and FMT that I felt my schedule was a bit too easy.

All that said, I am interested in playing everyone who I won't get a chance to play against in league play in a ranked exhibition game. I am especially interested in playing Icedragon, Newsguy, and DJ-Tet.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cerebral Palsy said:
We need to play later Wellie. I started out my new XBL account with a close L to Fifty. I need to even up that record.

Another L will even that up? You have some funny math, friend!

BTW I wanted to say thanks to you and Jason, I learned a couple of key things on defense from both of you early after the release of the game.

MrBob...where are yooouu?? I saw you post in the madden roster topic. Not ready for the Jets huh? It's ok.
We can play Sunday morning since I have to work tonight.
Keep practicing.

Mrbob

iceDragon7 said:
MrBob...where are yooouu?? I saw you post in the madden roster topic. Not ready for the Jets huh? It's ok.
We can play Sunday morning since I have to work tonight.
Keep practicing.

Not at home for the moment.

What time do you get home?

This game is for AFC DOMINATION. You better be ready!

newsguy

KingV said:
newsguy:

You want to play our game sometime sunday?

Easiest way to get in touch with me is VIA AIM: name is SSNTom80

Sure, what time? The Dolphins game is at 4 pm, the digital Dolphins can play any time before or after.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andokuky said:
Do you have AIM matrix? My Live tag is machopandora. I might be able to play tonight. If not then maybe Sunday night, definitely Monday night if you're available.

Wow, gauntlet coming up on my schedule. I forsee an 0-5 stretch coming up :(

Yea my aim name is adoubledg.Playing either tommorow night or Monday night would be better for me,just give me some times that would be good for you at night and we will set a time.Im too tired to play our league game tonight cause ive been babysitting my baby nephew all day.

I'll hit you with a friends request later tonight.

Slo

:lol @ the people who voted to not allow the Super Bowl winner to keep their team. Right now the top teams in the league are the Giants, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Dolphins and the Ravens. Are people really hoping to steal these teams away when the season ends? :lol :lol

Slo said:
:lol @ the people who voted to not allow the Super Bowl winner to keep their team. Right now the top teams in the league are the Giants, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Dolphins and the Ravens. Are people really hoping to steal these teams away when the season ends? :lol :lol

What is wrong with change? Maybe it'll give another fan of one of those teams a chance to use them next season?

Fifty

Maybe we should have had three options. I was assuming that even if "no" won, we'd still let the winner have the option to keep his team, like we did before. FMT set this poll up, but it was my idea to give the superbowl winner a choice to switch to another team before everyone else. Ideally we'd even have 4 poll options, since one of my ideas was to let the winner pick a team, but not let him pick a top 3 team like the patriots or colts.

Rorschach

Let the superbowl winning team have his pick. It's a good reward for being champs. I trust the the superbowl champ won't pick the Pats. -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Whether I win or lose, I doubt either of the two teams I want will be taken. Hell, no one even picked one of them for this season. Especially if we have a reduction in our numbers, which seems likely judging by the posts in this topic.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im SO on for season 2. :lol im already looking forward to it considering my record. Hopefully i can get a second half comeback and push for a wildcard spot

JayFro

Banned
Ramirez said:
I can play tonight if you're up for it Jay.

AIM=CtownSkins3
Live=DaAnswer3

I can't play tonight, but I can play tomorrow night after 8pm central time. If that doesn't work for you let me know because my schedule is open Monday as that's my day off.

JayFro

We should also vote on jet packing, and manual blitzing DEs and LBs. Why stop with the spread?

first off jet packing and manual blitzing of lb's/CB's is complete and total bullshit.

secondly you are allowed to manually blitz DE's so long as you dont pull them off the line all the way (i.e. turn them basically into a LB)

and last, the spread can be stopped by stepping up into the pocket. it also combats people who like to take 99% of their runs to the outside :D

p.s. again i must reiterate that i have used the spread literally maybe 3 plays this entire season. the league voted and the majority wanted spread, i voted against it. the final count was 14-10

DJ_Tet

Banned
No lol I was on the list, I just don't like my aim name being that public and Wellie has already contacted me. I'd tell you my aim name, but you already know it ;) Hope you liked my writeup of our game, hopefully we'll play again soon.

newsguy

Yeah, the writeup was nice, I saw you did both weeks. I forgot about that fumble on the punt. I've been slacking with the news stories, I didn't do it for our game or my last game with hg. Too much real work, so when I get home the last thing I want to do is anything related to news :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
great, WONDERFUL. Lose by 3. That INT that Ware caught on his knees, and he had time to get up, brush himself off, make some waffles with chocolate chips on them, and scamper 57 yards for a TD. I lost by 3.

Had numerous big time drops, my running game was ineffectual (how are there guys in the backfield all the time?) And I gave up a 20 yard sack. WTFAID?

Rorschach

3 INTs in a row (yes, in a row) that resulted in 3 TDs means my prediction comes true. I suck, but oh man, I'm gonna have my pick of the litter next season. :|

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
great, WONDERFUL. Lose by 3. That INT that Ware caught on his knees, and he had time to get up, brush himself off, make some waffles with chocolate chips on them, and scamper 57 yards for a TD. I lost by 3.

Had numerous big time drops, my running game was ineffectual (how are there guys in the backfield all the time?) And I gave up a 20 yard sack. WTFAID?

we must have been watching different games? to me it looked like it was your run game was gaining at least 2 yards on 90% of your runs? my D only had 5 tackles for loss. I wish I had the stats for yards gained on 1st down for you. it felt like my D line was getting raped.

I got extremely lucky with that INT but I also lost a fumble in the red zone and Jones almost never fumbles.

gg and see you in a couple weeks

Fifty

Mrbob said:
I see the bias on the person who creates the upcoming matchup of the week. Didn't even pick the best game. ;)

Actually there shouldn't be any bias. FMT did all the stuff this week.

Top Bottom