• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

KingV

newsguy said:
Sure, what time? The Dolphins game is at 4 pm, the digital Dolphins can play any time before or after.

how about 11AM PST? that'd be, say, 2 PM EST? Still plenty of time for me to lick my wounds and feel vindicated by the loss of the real life Dolphins.

newsguy

KingV said:
how about 11AM PST? that'd be, say, 2 PM EST? Still plenty of time for me to lick my wounds and feel vindicated by the loss of the real life Dolphins.

:lol :lol Sure, that's a good time. Fins will beat the Jets though, especially if Fielder plays, we know how bad he is down here.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Nice win CP, you called a great game against me. The way you shut down Westbrook was a nice game plan. I hope we play again because I think I can make some adjustment to offset what you were doing to Westbrook. Also, you called a nice mix of runs which I caught me off guard because I kept looking for the outside run. So far you are in the lead for most improved player this year.

Fifty

Well Madden has always been about the player controlling the team first and foremost (explaining why CK and FMT are doing so well) but as far as the Vikings and Ravens go, it is sad. It's not EA's fault...most people picked them to do well so that explains the ratings, but right now I actually want them to lower all of our ratings to reflect how poorly they are playing in real life.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Well Madden has always been about the player controlling the team first and foremost (explaining why CK and FMT are doing so well) but as far as the Vikings and Ravens go, it is sad. It's not EA's fault...most people picked them to do well so that explains the ratings, but right now I actually want them to lower all of our ratings to reflect how poorly they are playing in real life.

Id never complete a pass,Id be sacked every play! for the love of god dont think that way :( :(

newsguy

Ramirez said:
Anyone esle find it funny that alot of the top teams in this league are absolutely laughable teams in real life? :p

Middle%20Generation%20-%20Middle%20Finger%20Gathering.jpg

*as the Dolphins trail the shitty, shitty Jets :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
:lol Well by "All of our" I meant all of the Ravens. but yeah

Yea but we know my team is overrated in the game,I mean how I even have time to get the ball off is shocking and Carr has only been sacked 9 times thru 8 games,real life 13 times in 2 games :lol :(

DCX

DCX
I am back from my trip, hey Drey if you want to get our game in tonight, it's all good. Let me know when a good time would be.

DCX

Gunstar77 said:
Nice win CP, you called a great game against me. The way you shut down Westbrook was a nice game plan. I hope we play again because I think I can make some adjustment to offset what you were doing to Westbrook. Also, you called a nice mix of runs which I caught me off guard because I kept looking for the outside run. So far you are in the lead for most improved player this year.

Yeah, awesome game win or lose. I almost had a heart attack when you ran with McNabb for the TD with no time left in the first half! Had your guys covered like flies on shit, but you pulled out a very nice scramble. I thought I was going to just stop your short, but no luck. Think my whole neighborhood heard me scream at that point. Lots of good moments like that in the game. Definitely the best matchup of the season so far for me. Really fun game.

JayFro

Banned
Ramirez,

Can we move our game back to 9pm tonight? I have a work thing I have to stay 1 hour later than I thought.

JayFro

Matrix

Andokuky,can you play tonight? You never replied to my last post.

Ramirez

Hey Jay,something came up that I have to do right now...I'll check AIM when Im done,but don't wait on me or anything,we can always get it in tomorrow.

Andokuky

Banned
Well idk wtf just happened but I have the ball on the 2 with less than 15 seconds left, Bell gets stuffed so I hit the TO button and it doesn't work so I think I am out so I wait for the play select screen to come back up but it calls a formation for me to kneel the damn ball so I audible to whatever A is and of course with Houston in goalline it turns out to be a counter right up the middle, Bell gets hit for a 5 yard loss end of game then it shows I still have one time out. W T F.

I turned my Xbox off without getting stats. Sorry but there's only so much bullshit I can take. This is the first time I've actually been pissed at this game just because it's so fucking stupid. 2 yards away and suddenly my TO is gone and it wants me to kneel the ball without me even calling no huddle. Fantastic.

as we all know d-line spreading is allowed. what is no allowed is manually taking control of your DE and moving him even more off the line, and then manually blitzing in. this is essentially a manual lb blitz, and it isn't allowed in league play

ando, you can also hit the start button and manually select timeout from the menu.

game stats are mandatory, thankfully matrix still has the stats up but please don't turn the xbox off without stats again. we have all had bullcrap losses for various reasons, doesn't mean you shouldn't have to enter the stats. i know you are pissed about the loss but still

JayFro

Banned
Ramirez said:
Hey Jay,something came up that I have to do right now...I'll check AIM when Im done,but don't wait on me or anything,we can always get it in tomorrow.

I'll be on the rest of the night, if you can get it in great. Later.

JayFro

Matrix

GG,I could say some things about this last game that pissed me off too,but I promised I wasnt going to let this game get to me like last year,win or lose.

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
as we all know d-line spreading is allowed. what is no allowed is manually taking control of your DE and moving him even more off the line, and then manually blitzing in. this is essentially a manual lb blitz, and it isn't allowed in league play

Don't know if that was directed at me but this was the first game I've used the DE and I didn't move him off the line.

i was checking out some of the stats and noticed some 3rd down conversion %'s were extremely high. sure enough when i looked back some stats were entered in the wrong spaces (i.e. you entered "3rd downs converted" in the "3rd downs attempted" box, and vice versa, thus leaving some teams 3rd down numbers extremely high). i've fixed them myself. be sure to watch for it in the future cause i myself have accidentally typed the converted in the attempted box.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Good call FMT. I did that in my second game and was like "hell yeah, I'm 2nd in the league in 3rd down conversions!"

I fixed it :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ando: I am going to the Giants game tomorrow, and then on Tuesday I got tickets to the Yankee game, as well as Thursday. :lol

Hopefully you are available Wednesday. I may not even go on Tuesday though.

Enjoy matching up with the #1 D in the league for both yardage and points.

Code:
Teams		RYA	PYA	Total

Giants		660	1055	1715
[b]Bears		827	960	1787[/b]
Vikings		892	932	1824
Cowboys		883	956	1839
Niners		618	1222	1840
Bengals		777	1147	1924
Ravens		652	1285	1937
[b]Jets		694	1286	1980[/b]
Panther		643	1349	1992
Raider		1171	834	2005
Seahawk		867	1148	2015
[b]Patriots	           827	1229	2056[/b]
Texans		741	1323	2064
Chiefs		886	1185	2071
Pack		953	1128	2081
Dolphin		811	1272	2083
Broncos		971	1116	2087
Falcons		839	1274	2113
[b]Charger		1072	1124	2196[/b]
Eagles		997	1237	2234
Lions		1114	1172	2286
[b]Bills		938	1377	2315[/b]
Skins		768	1612	2380
Bucs		851	1543	2394
Cards		1036	1420	2456
[b]Colts		760	1847	2607[/b]
Saints		1381	1492	2873
Steeler		1349	1634	2983

Bold teams have not played week 9 yet.

Ramirez

LoL,man I can't even take this game seriously anymore...21-21 with like 2 minutes left,he kicks off,I get to almost the 45 yard line I guess,and I fumble,no hit stick,no juking or spinning,just a plain ole hit,took me completely out of the game,I knew something stupid would happen,it always does.

Also,my fucking DBs CANNOT cover any type of route that goes to the outside,Jay was laying them over the shoulder all night,Tiburon can blow me.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
LoL,man I can't even take this game seriously anymore...21-21 with like 2 minutes left,he kicks off,I get to almost the 45 yard line I guess,and I fumble,no hit stick,no juking or spinning,just a plain ole hit,took me completely out of the game,I knew something stupid would happen,it always does.

Also,my fucking DBs CANNOT cover any type of route that goes to the outside,Jay was laying them over the shoulder all night,Tiburon can blow me.

I will admit that some of the fumbles this year will have you scratching your head and going wtf and even cost you some games,but I still think you're not taking the time out to learn this years version.I betcha you only play when its time for your league game,am I right? I know the Steelers are not the same as they were in last years version and that makes no sense,but some of us are playing with shitty teams and winning.Ram we all know you know how to play football and videogames,I still think it boils down to you really not giving a shit to master this years version like you did last years.

Or the Colts curse has been passed on to your team,have you tried playing with another team for fun and to see if you play better?

1. the colts curse is alive and well

2. the steelers pass defense is a fucking JOKE in this game

3. ramirez lost the fire for madden. don't blame the game buddy! you make your own luck!

JayFro

Banned
Ramirez said:

I was just about to post about "the fumble", I said to you over the mic "you got screwed on that" but my stupid ass couldn't even capitalize on it. I take a 27 yard chipshot and spray the thing wide right because that damn heart thing kept pumping and pumping and pumping. That view is soooo screwed up. So I'm thinking were going to overtime, lucky for me you turned it over on downs and I was able to hit a few passes to get back in fieldgoal range as time ran out for the win.

One of us had to win, it couldn't have been uglier or more screwy and I got lucky to complete those passes in the end. Like I said before though, for me now it's purely about the stats and not about the W's. I'm just trying to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 2,000, if I do that I'll be happy.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. the colts curse is alive and well

2. the steelers pass defense is a fucking JOKE in this game

3. ramirez lost the fire for madden. don't blame the game buddy! you make your own luck!

So was their run D when you had control of them :p

Also the Texans pass D is pure shit in the game,I do know how it feels to play with a team with shitty pass D and ive been playing with shit D for a few years now,as have you.

Ramirez

No,I don't play the game but for my league's,I'm not mad that I lost at all,hehe...I'm just saying something absolutely insane happens to me every game that just totally takes me out of the game :'(

And yes,the Steelers as a whole are a joke in this year's version which makes no sense,the 3-4 defense in the game really needs some tuning,IMO,it's fairly obvious it doesn't work as good as some of the other formations in the game.Not to mention they fuckin took out my regular Nickel package and put in a 2 linemen 4 LB Nickel,totally shitty formation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cerebral Palsy said:
3-4 is trash in this game. Use a different playbook.

No, it depends on the personnel on the team. The Chargers really benefit from going with the 3-4 as opposed to the 4-3 because of the addition of Godfrey in that formation. Problem is the running up the middle, right? C'mon, not that tough to figure out what to do to stop inside runs in that case, problem is you have to do it on every play. ;( Outside runs should easily be taken care of by the fanned out LBs.

I do agree that the 2 linemen Nickel D is garbage. There's no fuckin point to it and it kills your pass rush.

Slo

I should have freakin' won that game last night. Not to take anything away from Fifty, but damnit I had my chances and I completely fucking blew them. It's the same story every game I lose. I move the ball fine, I had 18 freakin' first downs, but I don't score. I either turn it over or just get the limp dick disease in the redzone. Same shit on defense, I play pretty well most of the game and then give up 80 yard touchdown plays. Last night I had Fifty in 3rd and long. Everybody in the building knew it was going to Heap. Commentators, fans, owners, even fucking Mike Tice. So I take controll of the safety over the top of Heap, and if you would have seen the play, you would have thought it was the first time I'd ever played the game. I actually make the coverage on Heap 10x worse, Chaveous is running in circles in the secondary like a daisy picking 9 year old right-fielder in a little league game, and Heap goes for like 70 yards and a TD.

Bennett fucked me on a fumble after picking up a first down. I threw a stupid interception to end the first half instead of trying a field goal. I had one or five other dumbass moments where I hit the wrong button and took a sack, or I did a hit stick 5 yards too early and ate field turf, or just had some other bonehead play where I'd just have been better off letting the AI play for me. GAAAAAAAAAAH!

Good game Fifty. You've pretty much got the division locked up.

Andokuky

Banned
Wellington said:
Ando: I am going to the Giants game tomorrow, and then on Tuesday I got tickets to the Yankee game, as well as Thursday. :lol

Hopefully you are available Wednesday. I may not even go on Tuesday though.

Enjoy matching up with the #1 D in the league for both yardage and points.

Code:
Teams		RYA	PYA	Total

Giants		660	1055	1715
[b]Bears		827	960	1787[/b]
Vikings		892	932	1824
Cowboys		883	956	1839
Niners		618	1222	1840
Bengals		777	1147	1924
Ravens		652	1285	1937
[b]Jets		694	1286	1980[/b]
Panther		643	1349	1992
Raider		1171	834	2005
Seahawk		867	1148	2015
[b]Patriots	827	1229	2056[/b]
Texans		741	1323	2064
Chiefs		886	1185	2071
Pack		953	1128	2081
Dolphin		811	1272	2083
Broncos		971	1116	2087
Falcons		839	1274	2113
[b]Charger		1072	1124	2196[/b]
Eagles		997	1237	2234
Lions		1114	1172	2286
[b]Bills		938	1377	2315[/b]
Skins		768	1612	2380
Bucs		851	1543	2394
Cards		1036	1420	2456
[b]Colts		760	1847	2607[/b]
Saints		1381	1492	2873
Steeler		1349	1634	2983

Bold teams have not played week 9 yet.

Well I knew this would be the breaking point of my schedule where all playoff hopes were obliterated but if I have the same bad luck as I did against the Texans I think you could have the 28th defense and still beat me. I work until 7pm tonight, 4pm Tuesday and I should be out of town Wednesday. Work till 6pm Thursday. 4pm Friday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Well I knew this would be the breaking point of my schedule where all playoff hopes were obliterated but if I have the same bad luck as I did against the Texans I think you could have the 28th defense and still beat me. I work until 7pm tonight, 4pm Tuesday and I should be out of town Wednesday. Work till 6pm Thursday. 4pm Friday.

Alright, I really don't feel like watching the Yanks beat down the O's twice, so I won't go Tuesday night, we can play then. If the league isn't advanced we'll just play ahead and save our stats at that point I guess since Wednesday you are gone, Thursday I am gone, and Friday is a night to party-hearty and not be in front of the ol' Xbox!

DCX

DCX
Drey1082 said:
I can play tonight. Just send me an IM. I should be around about 7 central.
I'm on the east coast and i will be home around 11:20pm tonight, which is i'm guessing about 10 for you, hopefully it isn't to late.

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
Cloudy, I know our week isn't unlocked yet, but I need to either play tonight or sometime tomorrow as I am going out for a long weekend on Wednesday.

Drey, I will return Sunday afternoon so let me know if you can wait that long.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dskillzhtown, i think ill be able to play tonight. Doesnt look like your around right now, but later on tonight we can play after the monday night game, or depending on how its going play during it. Let me know

AIM: TheColdOne33

newsguy

DJ_Tet said:
Cloudy, I know our week isn't unlocked yet, but I need to either play tonight or sometime tomorrow as I am going out for a long weekend on Wednesday.

Drey, I will return Sunday afternoon so let me know if you can wait that long.

DJ_Tet
You guys f*ck fat hoes!
Not me, though....nope.

:lol What's up with this new tag?

Top Bottom