• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cloudy

Banned
DJ_Tet said:
Cloudy, I know our week isn't unlocked yet, but I need to either play tonight or sometime tomorrow as I am going out for a long weekend on Wednesday.

Drey, I will return Sunday afternoon so let me know if you can wait that long.

Hey, I can't be playing games so close together. You can't rush me! >_<

j/k I'm off today and I can go anytime :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DSkillz stopped my run this week, so ill have to catch you next week Welle. I Will pass your rushing total!

Next time Welle, Next time....

Edit: dmczaf, im sorry buddy, but im gonna have to take you out in our next game. Your standing in my way and the wildcard race. Nothing i can do about that. And FMT, you going down after that

Double Edit: Welle should just be in his own division, the NFC New York, The rest of us should combine with the NFC East. That would be a real division race!

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach,

Week 10 is up, when do you want to play our game? I can play tonight 8:30pm central or later or I can play tomorrow night 11pm central time or later. Let me know.

JayFro

week 10 up.

hg, if you want to play tonight let me know. but it will probably be too late by the time the cowboys game ends. still, if you want to play i'll be around

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Damn, the Pats got DM's offensive drought disease.

But atleast I am undefeated in Fantasy Football!!!!!

CB3

dskillzhtown said:
Damn, the Pats got DM's offensive drought disease.

But atleast I am undefeated in Fantasy Football!!!!!

Its not Offensive drought, its called playing the chargers 3-4 D :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Newsguy,when do you want to rumble?

wtf im 6-3 and newsguy is 7-2 and we are not game of the week and we are in the same division,game of the week is denver 5-4 vs giants 9-0....CK paid off Fmt :p

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
If week ten is up... then Mr Bob let me know when you want to play... I dont know if u played Ice yet... just let me know what works for you...

newsguy

Matrix said:
Newsguy,when do you want to rumble?

wtf im 6-3 and newsguy is 7-2 and we are not game of the week and we are in the same division,game of the week is denver 5-4 vs giants 9-0....CK paid off Fmt :p

Hey dude, We should be GOTW, I'm definitely looking forward to our game as Tet gave me both of my losses so I can't afford to drop from 1st. I'm stuck doing 24 hour hurricane coverage (damn it feels like each week) but it should be over by tomorrow night. I'm usually home by midnight everyday.

EDIT: Hey, I noticed my guys are both offensive and defensive players of the week, sweet!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
newsguy said:
Hey dude, We should be GOTW, I'm definitely looking forward to our game as Tet gave me both of my losses so I can't afford to drop from 1st. I'm stuck doing 24 hour hurricane coverage (damn it feels like each week) but it should be over by tomorrow night. I'm usually home by midnight everyday.

EDIT: Hey, I noticed my guys are both offensive and defensive players of the week, sweet!

K cool,I look forward to playing you and ill look for you on aim tomorrow around midnight.

I got to find some way to slow your run game down :eek:

Andokuky

Banned
Anyone else notice the new rosters are used in ranked games now? Is this old news? Anyone know if they work for unranked games as well?

Andokuky said:
Anyone else notice the new rosters are used in ranked games now? Is this old news? Anyone know if they work for unranked games as well?

Pretty sure they are. I just played a game against the cpu and it was using the new rosters. Don't see why it wouldn't for unranked games also.

JayFro

Banned
Anyone up for a scrimmage? I'll be on live playing for the next few hours, just send me an invite if you want to play.

JayFro

Andokuky

Banned
Did they change icons? Backs had L and R for icons for my opponent but mine were still white and black buttons. Is this a fix for that bug? If so sweet.

Matrix

newsguy said:
I got to find some way to slow your passing game down :eek:

From what I've heard your deep game is killer!

My deep game has been off and on lately,hopefully it will be on against you ;P The d-line spread being used now takes away my deep game some because my O-line cant protect Carr aswell....damn that vote.

newsguy

Matrix said:
The d-line spread being used now takes away my deep game some because my O-line cant protect Carr aswell....damn that vote.

srburns.jpg

Matrix

newsguy said:

:lol

You might see more of
davis.jpg
,but who knows which Texans team will show up :p I could go air or ground,last year I had no ground attack :(

CB3

Ugh, GG Dmczaf. way to much to say between those 2 games....

hum.......
FUCK YOU EA, MAKE YOUR GOD DAMN SERVERS FUCKING STABLE!

FUCKERS

GG anyway. my D showed up the first game, then decided to take a vacation on the second game.

Whoever is playing fifty, please hold him to under 60 yards rushing, i gained my title back and plan to hold it. Thank you

FMT, Revenge will be had on you. For everyone who has been screwed by EA servers.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am going to stomp you for what the eagles did to the niners. no mercy!

karate-kid14.jpg
My tour of destruction (Halted by faulty EA Servers) and wildcard road race goes through you, i have no choice but to destroy you.

0538it.jpg

Get ready to be just another victim

JayFro

Banned
Thanks for the beating Malley, I needed a little whooping tonight. I guess I should play this game outside of when I have league games huh? Anyone else want a confidence boost by killing me in Madden tonight? I'll be on for a couple more hours.

JayFro

JayFro said:
Thanks for the beating Malley, I needed a little whooping tonight. I guess I should play this game outside of when I have league games huh? Anyone else want a confidence boost by killing me in Madden tonight? I'll be on for a couple more hours.

JayFro

I can play if ya want

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
week 10 up.

hg, if you want to play tonight let me know. but it will probably be too late by the time the cowboys game ends. still, if you want to play i'll be around

tues night. you. me. in the empty lot behind whatever the hell they call 9ers field these days.

yeah im a little pissed at MNF

Rorschach

JayFro said:
Rorschach,

Week 10 is up, when do you want to play our game? I can play tonight 8:30pm central or later or I can play tomorrow night 11pm central time or later. Let me know.

JayFro
Wish I would have seen this earlier. I can play now, but if you're not up for it right now tomorrow is fine at 11pm C

[edit] sent you a message, but then you went and played CP :( If you're still up for it after that, let me know.

tues night. you. me. in the empty lot behind whatever the hell they call 9ers field these days.

mark it down friends! cowboys @ 49ers in league play, cowboys @ 49ers on sunday! and i expect the outcome of both to be the same* :D

p.s. unless i lose in the league game

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
JayFro said:

JayFro

GG man, run some more... and when u run... protect the ball!

JayFro

Banned
At least this last loss to CP wasn't a league game. I'm up 21-7 in the 4th, he completes a 3rd and long and later scores with about 2 minutes left to make it 21-14. He kicks the onside and I recover and there is only a minute 10 or so on the clock. I decide to not kneel and just run up the gut with Rudy Johnson, and after he gains 10 yards Rudy fumbles the fucking ball and CP recovers around the 50.

He drives it down and scores with about 20 seconds left to send it to OT. He wins the coin toss and proceeds to return the kickoff about 50 yards which puts him on my side of the 50. He runs the ball and ends up kicking the winning field goal in OT. That sounds like one of my regular season games. I threw no int's, but Rudy decides to cough up the ball with one minute left in the game. WOW.

JayFro

Yeah, bad luck was on your side. I took some risky passes that looked to be open for a second, and got burned. Think both of my ints were in the redzone =/ Definitely shouldn't have won that game.

If anyone else wants to play send me an invite.

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
GG Jayfro

Good game to you as well, I noticed after the game that my regular starting linebacker wasn't even in the damn game. He was sitting on the bench behind some scrub. Thanks for the roster update EA!

JayFro

Rorschach

JayFro said:
Good game to you as well, I noticed after the game that my regular starting linebacker wasn't even in the damn game. He was sitting on the bench behind some scrub. Thanks for the roster update EA!

JayFro
Yeah, I barely downloaded the updates as well and they got a few players wrong. Not only that, but the players that started my game were all switched by the second quarter for some reason...I thought it was fatigue at first, but it wasn't.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Cloudy said:
Hey, I can't be playing games so close together. You can't rush me! >_<

I told you I need time in between games. Good game, it hurt a little more knowing I almost stole it despite my 20 ints :)

edit--oh yeah, I miss Kris Jenkins and Freddie "Leading the League in Drops at the update" Jones already :(

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
Yeah, I barely downloaded the updates as well and they got a few players wrong. Not only that, but the players that started my game were all switched by the second quarter for some reason...I thought it was fatigue at first, but it wasn't.

I take that back, they benched two of my starting linebackers. My middle linebacker was rated 83 and they put in a rookie rated 75 who played the entire game, and my other linebacker David Pollack who was my leading tackler with 43 tackles didn't play a down either because he was benched for a different guy. At least with Pollack the guy they put in was rated 83 and Pollack just an 80. I guess when the next roster update is out I'll be checking that thing over right away. I also thought Deltha O'Neil was rated quite a bit higher and they have him at an 81 now, I thought he was closer to 90 before the update. Anyone remember? I was hoping my teams ratings might go up a bit after the 2-0 start, but I guess I'll have to keep hoping (I need all the help I can get).

I just couldn't stop the run to save my life, you ran the ball up and down the field the whole game on me. Well done.

FMT,

I didn't even know you could protect the ball, Malley showed me why that's important though. :)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ColdBlooded33 said:
EA SERVERS = GARBAGE!

Had to get that out...

Was your game with DM laggy? I played a randome game after we played last night and it was laggy. So I popped in Burnout, played a few games online and it was silky smooth. Not sure if it is the net code, but something isn't right in Maddenville. I mean, I would think there is alot more data being transferred in Burnout.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My game with Truelize was laggy, and others were reporting the same lag at the same time.

Ando: You down to play today? I am ready for a raping from your O-Line and defense. :| How's 8 EST?

Can someone stop LT from gaining big yardage!? Sheesh. In two games LT ran for 97 yards against me. He runs that on some of you in the first freakin quarter!

I wish I had a back with a high BTK. Then I wouldn't even have to follow my blockers like some of you schlubs. ;)

Slo

Rushing 101: Take your smallest back. Juke past the D line, slam on A to turbo past the linebackers, and Truck Stick the safety!

2ben1117.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
am I missing something, I am sure that I am, but when is the real game of last week Bears/Jets going to be played? and after that when do you want to play bob....

CB3

Malleymal said:
am I missing something, I am sure that I am, but when is the real game of last week Bears/Jets going to be played? and after that when do you want to play bob....

Ice said that they were gonna play today.

Top Bottom