• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wonder if they can somehow both lose...

"OH MY GOD THE GIANTS ARE STORMING THE FIELD!! STRAHAN JUST HIT MOOSE AND CHAD WITH A STEEL CHAIR, MY GOD!!" </Jim Ross>

Andokuky

Banned
Defense? :lol I have no defense.

I can play tonight. Be gentle, I think my team is even worse with the roster update :(

Ron Dayne is now my backup RB with Anderson at FB, dear Lord :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think the Seahawks got Peter Warrick. Wonder what he's capable of. Wonder who else I've lost/gained.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Defense? :lol I have no defense.

I can play tonight. Be gentle, I think my team is even worse with the roster update :(

Ron Dayne is now my backup RB with Anderson at FB, dear Lord :lol

Listen buddy, that's MY schtick. Now I'm hoppin' mad!!! >:|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So i fall to FMT.... But i RUN on that D for over 100 yards, most of you held me to 75 MAX. WOO!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Newsguy,you still down to play at midnight? In about 30 mins? If so let me know here and ill be on live.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Newsguy its 12:30 and you didnt show,Ill be online playing some games against fifty and some other people,if you still want to play,I think Ill be on aim for a couple of hours before I go to sleep.

Aim is adoubledg.

DCX

DCX
Good Game Fifty, we'd still be playing if i converted that 2 point conversion :D Good luck on your run to the Super Bowl.

DCX

true, gunstar said you've both been on a few nights in a row and each night you decline to play. i know its your business what you do and im not running your life but why not just play him if you're going to play halo 2 anyways (of course it could be a friend playing halo 2 on your sn or whatever). do me a favor and try to get the game in tomorrow because i dont think gunstar is available on thursday.

Fifty

DCX said:
Good Game Fifty, we'd still be playing if i converted that 2 point conversion :D Good luck on your run to the Super Bowl.

DCX

Yeah, you played great and scared the shit out of me. You really deserved to win that game, I made some dumb passes that should have been picked off, and I ran for 39 yards! 39! I few games ago I was expecting 10x that amount a game :lol I wanted the Ravens to play more realistically after this update, and even though their ratings haven't gone down, I was on course to play like the real-life Ravens that game offensively :D

P.S: DCX made the best punt ever during that game. He was punting it from around midfield and it was a perfectly executed punt out of bounds at my one yard line. His run D was so good that when I ran a goalline dive, I was stuck in mario mode (not to take anything away) and was tackled for my first ever safety. incredible

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Yeah, you played great and scared the shit out of me. You really deserved to win that game, I made some dumb passes that should have been picked off, and I ran for 39 yards! 39! I few games ago I was expecting 10x that amount a game :lol I wanted the Ravens to play more realistically after this update, and even though their ratings haven't gone down, I was on course to play like the real-life Ravens that game offensively :D

P.S: DCX made the best punt ever during that game. He was punting it from around midfield and it was a perfectly executed punt out of bounds at my one yard line. His run D was so good that when I ran a goalline dive, I was stuck in mario mode (not to take anything away) and was tackled for my first ever safety. incredible
Thx I knew i was going to have a hard stretch of games, i needed to come out of it with a few big wins against the league elite, i played icedragon7 good and was maybe a play or two away from upsetting him and i dropped an egg against Drey and against you i must have played the defensive game of my life ( outside of my game with Truelize where i score 80% of my points off my D) I just need more out of my O...i need better field position...i need something to put me in position to win...

DCX

hgplayer1

I am 0-5 at home, worst in the league with a 9.2 pts for/game avg.

one thing i still havent figured out is how to put pts on the board consistently. am i too conservative? do i just not execute? if i ever figure out the offense in this game, watch out!

this message brought to you by the national association of brain dead insomniacs of america.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
I am 0-5 at home, worst in the league with a 9.2 pts for/game avg.

one thing i still havent figured out is how to put pts on the board consistently. am i too conservative? do i just not execute? if i ever figure out the offense in this game, watch out!

this message brought to you by the national association of brain dead insomniacs of america.

I'm in the same boat as you, I haven't really figured out the offensive side of the ball yet. If I ever do that I might be able to break .500 in this league. I think my biggest problems are that I'm leading the league in fumbles (10), and my third down conversion percentage is at 28% which ranks me currently 26th in the league. If I learn how to protect the ball like Malley and FMT said that will help right off the bat, now I just have to figure out how to convert on 3rd down. Those two things alone would probably make a big difference for me. On top of that I've given up 25 sacks which puts me at 24th in the league in that category, I got some work to do boys!

JayFro

hg i actually thought you played a solid offensive game. 14/25 for nearly 200 yards is pretty decent production. you had the 1 mistake with the interception, but truthfully if it weren't for a couple big plays on my part our game was going to be a lot closer.

one thing i did notice is your scanning of the field could use improvement. seems like you are locked into "safe" throws all the time. you would complete passes to whitten and i would look downfield and see glenn open by 5 yards 40 yards downfield. i saw this happen more than a few times actually. kind of shocked me after about the 3rd time it happened, i was biting on those short slot crossing routes, and your outside receiver was getting deep without issue. look into improving on this. also, with your running game, use the pressure sensitive juking and more counter plays. seems like you were just running straight up the middle most of the time

Rorschach

My problem is turnovers :(

Why haven't I cut Collins!?

1.jpg

...oh yeah....

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
My problem is turnovers :(

Why haven't I cut Collins!?

1.jpg

...oh yeah....

I kinda liked Collins throwing those 2 int's last night early in the game, I couldn't get you to make any mistakes after that though.

Rorschach

JayFro said:
I kinda liked Collins throwing those 2 int's last night early in the game, I couldn't get you to make any mistakes after that though.
Heh yeah...you should have seen my game against konex. 3 Ints in a ROW (first play of each drive after getting the ball back from the KR) returned for TDs or to the red zone for easy TDs.

Sometimes the ball just escapes him and goes no where NEAR the target or even where the cone is. Other times, I'm just stupid :p

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
Heh yeah...you should have seen my game against konex. 3 Ints in a ROW (first play of each drive after getting the ball back from the KR) returned for TDs or to the red zone for easy TDs.

Sometimes the ball just escapes him and goes no where NEAR the target or even where the cone is. Other times, I'm just stupid :p

I'm going on right now, I need some reps on offense.

Andokuky

Banned
Slo said:
Code:
	QTR             1	2	3	4
Denver Broncos	14	14	0	14
New York Giants	0	7	7	0

Somebody makeded a mistaker.

I gave up in this game midway through the second quarter and just started running. Got two TD's out of it. Just when I thought I'd closed the first half decent, my safety dives a milimeter to the side of Barber and he runs for an 82 yard TD. Then just when I thought I'd run the ball to close the game, Bailey fumbles a kickoff and another TD is added, just in case the game didn't think I'd had enough bad luck already for one game.

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hg i actually thought you played a solid offensive game. 14/25 for nearly 200 yards is pretty decent production. you had the 1 mistake with the interception, but truthfully if it weren't for a couple big plays on my part our game was going to be a lot closer.

one thing i did notice is your scanning of the field could use improvement. seems like you are locked into "safe" throws all the time. you would complete passes to whitten and i would look downfield and see glenn open by 5 yards 40 yards downfield. i saw this happen more than a few times actually. kind of shocked me after about the 3rd time it happened, i was biting on those short slot crossing routes, and your outside receiver was getting deep without issue. look into improving on this. also, with your running game, use the pressure sensitive juking and more counter plays. seems like you were just running straight up the middle most of the time

I threw to Whitten? :O

i doubt i ever had any wide open play deep. glenn open by 5 yards? pfft! yeah right and i got some ocean front property in hawaii or something.

maybe I do miss a lot of open people but how am I supposed to have the confidence to throw to them when everything else is gettin dropped or tipped. I swear if you see someone open deep and I throw it a defender will be all over the pass. Ive seen it before and its one of the things I cant figure out. that one play to Keyshawn near the end of the game was like the first post route Ive ever completed in this game.

anyway thanks for the tips :D

newsguy

Matrix, if you can input my stats that would be great. I kicked my Xbox after that TD and the impact pulled my video and power out of the wall. If not cool, that game shouldn't even be counted. I will not play another game with lag like that again, if you guys want to play games early or what not, that's fine, but I'm not sacrificing my kick timing and pass timing again. I threw 2 picks and kicked a ball out of bounds, and 1 of the picks was 100% lag. It was a fucking slideshow and not exaggerating the single worst lag in any football game I've ever played. the stutter caused both of us to kick out of bounds, and both of us had game winning bull shit touchdowns with seconds left. Fuck that shit, never again.

hgplayer1

newsguy said:
Matrix, if you can input my stats that would be great. I kicked my Xbox after that TD and the impact pulled my video and power out of the wall. If not cool, that game shouldn't even be counted. I will not play another game with lag like that again, if you guys want to play games early or what not, that's fine, but I'm not sacrificing my kick timing and pass timing again. I threw 2 picks and kicked a ball out of bounds, and 1 of the picks was 100% lag. It was a fucking slideshow and not exaggerating the single worst lag in any football game I've ever played. the stutter caused both of us to kick out of bounds, and both of us had game winning bull shit touchdowns with seconds left. Fuck that shit, never again.

:lol

no but seriously, is your foot ok?

Fifty

Wtf, I think something was wrong with the servers tonight. Maybe the roster update caused it. I played DCX and we had a very strange amount of lag (we're used to none). Luckily it was 95% before the snap and usually only on special teams plays, so it didn't affect the game really, but it was very weird.

Sorry to hear lag was the cause of that crazy finish...I was glancing at my TV and the game updates made it look like the craziest game ever, I hoped it was legit.

newsguy

My foot is fine, I hope the Xbox is too, but I won't be playing anytime soon because I will have a seizure. Matrix, you're a stand up guy, and not only do you deserve to be at the top of the division, but you deserve credit for inputting the stats. I thought you wouldn't see my post until later and the stats would be lost. I really appreciate it and I don't want you to think I screwed you, as I've lost twice to tet and inputted all my stuff. You saw throughout the game I wrote you about the lag, that shit was killing me, but not to take anything from you cause you had to play through it too.

EDIT: Fifty, it was totally legit, Matrix had more than one long TD pass on me tonight. I'm venting cause of the lag, but he deserved the win and it was an awesome game depite the lag. Like I said, none of this is to take away from what Matrix did to my secondary :(

Matrix

newsguy said:

Yea that lag was fucking bs,one of us had to lose cause of lag and it happened to bite you at the end,right after it had hurt me.We both booted the ball out of bounce that game,honestly who knows how that game would have played out if we didnt have the lag.Hopefully the 2nd time we meet its not like that,cause I wont play again either.Im suprised we were even able to hit our fgs....WTF EA GET YOUR SHIT FIXED NOW!

I'll input your stats,cause I know you would have done the same for me if I had kicked my xbox :eek:

Matrix

You played great too Newsguy,take away that lag and it was one of the best damn games this season that I had the joy of playing,back and forth battle.Man,but Brown is a bitch to contain Ill tell you that,14 attempts and a average of 7.8 a carry :(

newsguy

Matrix said:
You played great too Newsguy,take away that lag and it was one of the best damn games this season that I had the joy of playing,back and forth battle.Man,but Brown is a bitch to contain Ill tell you that,14 attempts and a average of 7.8 a carry :(

Thanks, BTW when we play again I'll input your stats cause it's only fair.

Rorschach

GG Jayfro.

You might not want to pass in between defenders like that too much. Nothing happened in our game because I have a noob backfield, but against some other teams it's risky. Also, try not to truck stick in between 4 guys much because that will result in fumbles. Shame on that last fumble...did fair catch lock up or something?

Of course, I fulfill my average 2 ints per game and Moss with his damn drops. -_-

I couldn't do anything towards the end on the offensive side. Good D.

Yeah, gg Ror. I got lucky on that punt return. It's amazing when your blockers actually block on a punt return. Doesn't happen too often. If it wasn't for it I would have probably lost 14-10. gg again

Btw, there should be a rule that a game is postponed if there is really bad lag. I played DCX earlier and it was horrible the first half of the game. And when the lag finally let up I still continued to play horrible :( Good thing it wasn't ranked cause I got murdered. gg DCX

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
GG Jayfro.

You might not want to pass in between defenders like that too much. Nothing happened in our game because I have a noob backfield, but against some other teams it's risky. Also, try not to truck stick in between 4 guys much because that will result in fumbles. Shame on that last fumble...did fair catch lock up or something?

Of course, I fulfill my average 2 ints per game and Moss with his damn drops. -_-

I couldn't do anything towards the end on the offensive side. Good D.

Yeah, the faircatch did lock up on me otherwise I was starting to feel pretty good passing the ball, I actually felt like I moved the ball pretty well in the second half and my D was just in the zone. That's the most yards I've ever passed for in a game and that's my second game in a row without an INT so maybe it's starting to come around a bit. The only thing that pissed me off was the 4 drops and multiple times guys were open and Palmer just flat out overthrew the receiver.

I wanted to try out the truck stick a bit more because I've rarely used it up to this point that's why I was doing that even though it probably wasn't the right time. I figured hell, it's just a scrimmage right? :D I'm trying to figure out ways to get Chad Johnson the ball more but it almost seems like I'm better off just passing to other guys. Thanks for the game. Now if I could have that punt return fumble back that you ran in for a TD.......... :lol

JayFro

Slo

Andokuky said:
I gave up in this game midway through the second quarter and just started running. Got two TD's out of it. Just when I thought I'd closed the first half decent, my safety dives a milimeter to the side of Barber and he runs for an 82 yard TD. Then just when I thought I'd run the ball to close the game, Bailey fumbles a kickoff and another TD is added, just in case the game didn't think I'd had enough bad luck already for one game.

Wasn't commenting on the outcome of the game, just that there was an error in the scoring table. According to it, you won big. :)

Top Bottom