• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Looking at the pick of the week, being Giants vs. Bronco's... 42-14

Why not Patriots vs Seahawks???!? I mean, I win, it's a Tie in the Greatest Tied Division OF ALL EXISTENCE. I lose, and Cloudy has a 1 game lead on everyone else. IT'S DOWN TO THE WIRE' !!!!@!#

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Wasn't commenting on the outcome of the game, just that there was an error in the scoring table. According to it, you won big. :)

I told you he would. :(

My next matchup is my most interesting. Since my game with Tampa Bay, the teams that I have faced have been increasingly better in terms of defensive personnel. Tampa Bay, then Atlanta, then Denver, and now Baltimore. I'm kind of glad that it slowly built up to a crescendo, imagine playing the Saints and then playing Baltimore, talk about shell shock in terms of individual player awareness. :lol

One thing that I have been doing this year as opposed to last year's game is that I've refined my pre-game prep to only a few quick things. Before, my head would be swirling with things that I needed to keep track of during the game, now it's just a quick list that I jot down and stick right next to my monitor so I can be reminded mid game. The effect is that I don't put the same amount of pressure on myself that I would had I spent hours practicing.

It's a fun little practice for me without going too overboard. It's way better to just kick around a few ideas in your head than to sit and practice unrealistic game conditions until your hands go numb.

PS: This is already the most wins I've had in a regular season in GAF league history. I ernt 9-7 with the Bills last year and that was my best record. Of course, I was 7-2 with the Broncos in our shortened season 4.

Lone: If it makes you feel any better, next week's matchup of the week will likely be Ravens and Giants. :)

DCX

DCX
Cerebral Palsy said:
Yeah, gg Ror. I got lucky on that punt return. It's amazing when your blockers actually block on a punt return. Doesn't happen too often. If it wasn't for it I would have probably lost 14-10. gg again

Btw, there should be a rule that a game is postponed if there is really bad lag. I played DCX earlier and it was horrible the first half of the game. And when the lag finally let up I still continued to play horrible :( Good thing it wasn't ranked cause I got murdered. gg DCX
Good game CP, yeah i really wanted to restart the game between Fifty and I, but we played through it. There should be a rule or something because the lag is crazy especially in timing plays, kicking, even runs. I actually used the lag to my advantage a couple of play. Fifty plays Dback and the lag actually acted like a juke fr the WR on crossing patterns and i completed some passes to Moulds :)

DCX

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jp trash talk time:

ck if you lose one game before playing me in week 16, i'm going to have homefield throughout the playoffs. that much i do know!

Well, I guess you are guaranteed to have the top spot then, because CK still has to play me! And he will not beat me! :D

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Well, I guess you are guaranteed to have the top spot then, because CK still has to play me! And he will not beat me! :D

And you still need to play your big game against Icedragon. That's going down tonight, right?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
jp trash talk time:

ck if you lose one game before playing me in week 16, i'm going to have homefield throughout the playoffs. that much i do know!

Let me remind you that you have not beaten me at all in Madden 06. I believe our series stands at 2-0 in my favor.

As far as MrBob is concerned, he may be in store for a rude awakening.

When all is said and done, I hope I can finally be considered one of the Madden elite amongst us GAFfers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll never be elite :( I'm a choke artist,who's game is never consistent enough.One game I play great D,next Im crap,same with O.

I need to put both together every game on a constant basis before I can compare myself to FMT,CK and Fifty.

Bob is a fluke.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Bob is a fluke.

I dunno what the fuck it is about bob. He fuckin slings and slangs like no other, it's impossible to peg his playstyle, and all his dudes play so much better than they really should. It's sickening.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
I dunno what the fuck it is about bob. He fuckin slings and slangs like no other, it's impossible to peg his playstyle, and all his dudes play so much better than they really should. It's sickening.

Bob has to be gamesharking,that explains it all.

Wellington said:

I dunno. I put the lockdown on his passing game. 55 yards total, and 2 ints. The only way he scored was running goalline runs constantly.

Matrix

Cerebral Palsy said:
I dunno. I put the lockdown on his passing game. 55 yards total, and 2 ints. The only way he scored was running goalline runs constantly.

UGH!!!! wack :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
some one did that to me the other night, I couldnt understand what the fun with that.. same play... well i got bob tonight so we shall see

Fifty

I'm just throwing this out there....but in two other league daddy leagues I checked before the season started, they banned running goalline sets outside of the situation where they'd be used in real life (within the 10). I haven't seen them abused so I'm not complaining at all, I just wanted to mention it

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Ok so my friend is playing a game right now against the computer. Him being Dolphins vs Raiders.
First drive, he passes an interception caught by Woodson, so as Woodson runs it back for a Defensive Touchdown hes high stepping and flips into the end zone. The moment he flips and my friend dives to tackle him in the endzone anyway so in the moment that happens I guess there was a super cheesy glitch where the ball ended up in my friends hands saying User Pick. So the Raiders got 6 points and after cracking up. My friend lines up for a field goal! HE wasn't even the one who scored. So the score now is Raiders 6 and Dolphins 1. :lol
That has to be the worse glitch I've ever seen since that roster update.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
I'm just throwing this out there....but in two other league daddy leagues I checked before the season started, they banned running goalline sets outside of the situation where they'd be used in real life (within the 10). I haven't seen them abused so I'm not complaining at all, I just wanted to mention it

That's a good rule. The super cheesy FB truck out of a goaline set on 3rd and 1 is pretty much unstoppable. I do it too and I would support a ban on that :lol

Slo

Guys, I'm going to come right out and say it. If it says 3rd and Inches, I'm going with the quarterback sneak out of goal line formation. This is a sim league, and I've got a 260 pound QB and a 96 rated center. It's coming, every time. You've been warned.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
That's a good rule. The super cheesy FB truck out of a goaline set on 3rd and 1 is pretty much unstoppable. I do it too and I would support a ban on that :lol

Ive stopped that plenty of times.

Rorschach

Slo said:
Guys, I'm going to come right out and say it. If it says 3rd and Inches, I'm going with the quarterback sneak out of goal line formation.
I know that from experience. :| I was trying so hard to injure Culpepper ever 3rd and 1 play. When you ran with your HB to the right the one time, it caught me off guard.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
3rd and short should warrant a goalline formation.

Slo said:
Guys, I'm going to come right out and say it. If it says 3rd and Inches, I'm going with the quarterback sneak out of goal line formation. This is a sim league, and I've got a 260 pound QB and a 96 rated center. It's coming, every time. You've been warned.

I have a joke for this, but I don't want to hurt your feelings!

Fifty

Slo said:

No one's questioning that. Of course that's fine on inches. I enjoyed watching you run those plays because there was a good chance 8 INT Culpepper was going to fumble

Lonestar

Slo said:

Too True. QB Sneak is effective in the 3rd/4th and Inches.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Too True. QB Sneak is effective in the 3rd/4th and Inches.

I think ive stopped QB sneak an 4th and inches once in a hundred times. that always works

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
No one's questioning that. Of course that's fine on inches. I enjoyed watching you run those plays because there was a good chance 8 INT Culpepper was going to fumble

Not in Madden my friend. Not in Madden.

Mrbob

Oh crap. New EA roster update. Grossman gimped from 82 to 67. :( Had to use Orton and it WASN'T PRETTY. EA has given him 0 accuracy in this game with the roster update. WTF EA.

We could be seeing the collapse of a lifetime beginning here. I think I'm fucked! :lol

Slo

$100,000,000 bitches.

g_culpepper_vi.jpg

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Oh crap. New EA roster update. Grossman gimped from 82 to 67. :( Had to use Orton and it WASN'T PRETTY. EA has given him 0 accuracy in this game with the roster update. WTF EA.

We could be seeing the collapse of a lifetime beginning here. I think I'm fucked! :lol

CHOKE CITY IS COMING FOR JOO! :D

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well, I have been IM True on AIM since 8:15 PM EST and not getting an answer. He didn't want to play Monday night because he was watching TV. Didn't want to play Tuesday night because he was playing Halo 2. Now he is just not answering my IMs. Well, I am going to get something to eat, hopefully when I get back he will want to play?

Lonestar

I'm up for the game Dskillz, but only if we start in the next 20 minutes or so. Any later will end up ending a little later. Sleepy and Tired now as is.

Well after getting a safety on MrBob and Dj Demon I came to a dissapointment to find that there are no safetys to record in the stats. Damn it!
Also, can the owner of the Colts please stop getting so many passing TD's? thank you :D

Matrix

Whoa did the Ram from last year actually show up or did they downgrade the Vikes in the roster update.....Ive never seen Slo shutdown like that :(

Fifty

If I didn't think Slo was close to losing it now, I'd congratulate Ramirez for getting his mojo back and finally using a top D like they are one. Oh wait, I just said that out loud :(

Top Bottom