• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramirez

I do believe the update helped me some,I was getting tons of pressure,my guys were actually defending good in one on one situations,I won't say I'm back to being decent or anything...yet...my offense was still pretty shady.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I think they dropped my catch ratings across the board. In multiple games now I have a ton of wide open drops. Discouraging.

Your not the only one. I had 5 dropped passes in an Exhibition game with Mally. Yes, 5 drops.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've lost all my games since the roster update. Could this be EA nerfing the Giants yet again even after they go 2-0?

This is almost as bad as when we were rated in the low 80s the year after we made the superbowl. Fucking unbelievable. Whoever loses to me now, just know that you lost to an even worse team than originally came packaged with the game.

Rorschach

Cerebral Palsy said:
I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU :'( WHERE DID I PUT MY KLEENEX?
Next to the lotion.

Wellington said:
I think they dropped my catch ratings across the board. In multiple games now I have a ton of wide open drops. Discouraging.
As if Moss wasn't dropping enough passes :|

Funny thing is, though, after the update, I played Jayfro in an exhibition game and he did that week 1 catch where it bounces off his chest and he somehow comes up with it and runs it in for the TD. :lol

MADDEN IS SO REAL!

Rorschach said:
Next to the lotion.

I'm out of lotion! Nice try.

As if Moss wasn't dropping enough passes :|

Funny thing is, though, after the update, I played Jayfro in an exhibition game and he did that week 1 catch where it bounces off his chest and he somehow comes up with it and runs it in for the TD. :lol

MADDEN IS SO REAL!

You did that against me last night on your second TD to Moss also.

If anyone wants to play a game challenge me. I'm bored!

one thing:

there will be no ban on any running plays regardless of the situation. i have stopped people on 3rd and 4th and inches plenty of times. i have had qb sneaks on me that resulted in a first down + fumble. so it can be done... even with the "terrible" 49ers defense :D

Andokuky

Banned
I'm starting to see why some people have like 200 rushing attempts in 8-9 games, it's a bit easier and less risky than passing. Plus my offensive line seems a bit better after the update.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Andokuky said:
I'm starting to see why some people have like 200 rushing attempts in 8-9 games, it's a bit easier and less risky than passing. Plus my offensive line seems a bit better after the update.

Yup

FrenchMovieTheme said:
one thing:

there will be no ban on any running plays regardless of the situation. i have stopped people on 3rd and 4th and inches plenty of times. i have had qb sneaks on me that resulted in a first down + fumble. so it can be done... even with the "terrible" 49ers defense :D

I don't think think we should allow people to run goalline 5 times in a row when they aren't even in the redzone.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
I've lost all my games since the roster update. Could this be EA nerfing the Giants yet again even after they go 2-0?

This is almost as bad as when we were rated in the low 80s the year after we made the superbowl. Fucking unbelievable. Whoever loses to me now, just know that you lost to an even worse team than originally came packaged with the game.

I'm pretty much fucked, too. I've been gimped at my power position.

The best Madden passer in the league, reduced to nothingness due to EA. Can I get my form back?

JayFro

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'm pretty much fucked, too. I've been gimped at my power position.

The best Madden passer in the league, reduced to nothingness due to EA. Can I get my form back?

At least I'm not the only one they gimped at a position or two, Deltha O'neil became a bitch after the update. He didn't lose as many points as Rex but he still became a bitch. I'd like to see a ratings hike for Carson Palmer though, his passing cone is so damn small and it's probably not the first time he's heard that. :)

Anyone up for a scrimmage?

I'll be on in 5 minutes.

JayFro

people are too predictable in the league so far. run-run-pass. run-run-pass. run-pass-pass.

give me some sweet bill walsh first down passing and 3rd down running! THAT'S what i like ladies!

Rorschach

Roster update has fucked us all, I guess.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
people are too predictable in the league so far. run-run-pass. run-run-pass. run-pass-pass.

give me some sweet bill walsh first down passing and 3rd down running! THAT'S what i like ladies!
I throw ints on first down all the time. Go me!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I throw hailmary's for tds...HOW PREDICTABLE IS THAT!? :p

Rorschach

Argh...I shouldn't play random people, but I was bored...first, I have to turn the volume all the way down because the dude kept screaming "COCKSUCKER!" at the top of his lungs and then he quits.

"Where you going?! You ain't going nowhere, cocksucker!" *gets truckstuck* "WTF COCKSUCKER COCKSUCKER!!!"

i haven't played a random person since mid-august, but the last guy i played had a mic and he would say things like

"YEA SON THIS HOW WE DO!"

"AW NAW SON!"

"BUNK ASS BUSTA!"

and so on. i wish i had my mic on... cause it played through the speakers and everyone in or near the room was looking at me funny as if i were saying it!

Rorschach

:lol Yeah, I had the speakers on as well.

GG CP...I guess Collins was like "Oh yeah, forgot to get in my daily recommended dose of INTs today" at the end. The defender didn't even have to look at the ball. On the flipside of that, I see my CB right next to your receiver not even attempting to block the pass or grab the INT. I was going to switch to that defender, but when they are touching each other and you switch, you get a PI call.

PS: Dante Hall killed my mother and raped my father.

[edit] Wow going back to the drop thing...Moss is tied for most drops in the League :|

KingV

I can't play defense in this game to save my life. Against the colts today, it seemed that I couldn't do a damn thing against the pass or the run. The only way I stopped the run consistenly was running goal line blitzes, which is obviously kind of unrealistic. I was getting killed so much that by the end of the game I was just picking random plays hoping to find anything that works. I'll finish out this season, but it's starting to become un-fun just getting raped every single game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've gained a nice 84 reciever in Peter Warrick. But for some reason, the Saints released my #1 DT (Rated 84) leaving me with an 81 and 80. :(

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
:lol Yeah, I had the speakers on as well.

GG CP...I guess Collins was like "Oh yeah, forgot to get in my daily recommended dose of INTs today" at the end. The defender didn't even have to look at the ball. On the flipside of that, I see my CB right next to your receiver not even attempting to block the pass or grab the INT. I was going to switch to that defender, but when they are touching each other and you switch, you get a PI call.

PS: Dante Hall killed my mother and raped my father.

[edit] Wow going back to the drop thing...Moss is tied for most drops in the League :|
Yeah Moulds is looking to take that crown :/

DCX

Lonestar

DOH, Forgot you live in the area. How bad do you think it's going to get? You in Houston/Houston Area? Hope things go well in your area.

I plan to get out of work by 4:30 EST, but things often change, and it could be an hour or 2 later. No plans tonight, so I'm pretty much available until 11 PM.

Drey1082

Since I have no chance of making the playoffs whatsoever, (losing 5 games in a row will do that) my new personal goal is to be .500. I believe it's possible, although looking at my remaining schedule, not an easy task.

The thing that hurt me early, is that I would try to force the ball too often, and get away from my running game. That lead to turnovers galore. I have to have a more balanced attack. It also doesn't help that the colts defense his abysmal.

Lonestar

I'm hoping that, with Warrick to add to Jackson and Engram, will improve my possiblities at the passing game, and I'll introduce more 3 WR formations. Leading to new opportunities with Alexander. My Win vs. CK is almost proof of that. Though his newfound Droposity helped things out for my Defense, I was able to put up some decent offensive yards on him.

hgplayer1

just a heads up to everyone i live in TX and while Im not directly in Ritas path we are considered part of the area that will be affected by the storms and such. while I dont anticipate anything major happening here, theres a chance I might be without power at some point but I wouldnt think it would be for more than a few hours or a long part of the day.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the drops are crazy.. I have an increase in drops for some dumb reason, I think they did this to curb people throwing to people with out the cone on them... I cant call it though... it sucks though...

also why would ea make injured players ratings really low instead of just adusting the depth chart.. that is dumb shit to me... I mean i want it realistic, but damn, I got to be sad as hell in real life if Priest gets hurt, then go online and have to keep him on the bench and be mad as shit again... stupid ea..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I'm hoping that, with Warrick to add to Jackson and Engram, will improve my possiblities at the passing game, and I'll introduce more 3 WR formations. Leading to new opportunities with Alexander. My Win vs. CK is almost proof of that. Though his newfound Droposity helped things out for my Defense, I was able to put up some decent offensive yards on him.

Name a time and I will play you (not today), you know that game was a fluke and a half.

PS: Ando also beat me yesterday, in case you were wondering.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Lions and Seahawks: Restoring respectability to the NFC East one game at a time :)

The gimp retarded Lions.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ice let me know when you want to play .... I just got back in town from a business trip which i was supposed to be away for a couple days so i am here for the night, but I have to head Right back out tomorrow, so i dont know when i will be able to play after.. let me know how your schedule works..

Matrix

Jay,when you can play our week 11 game?

KingV

Fifty said:
It doesn't help that the Saints D REALLY stinks. You're a trooper King V.

Saints D is terrible. I'm pretty bad at offense too, and the fact that I cannot control players to save my life. I should hang up my cleats.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I did lose my game against Gunstar but I played very well.

I am really doing my best now to just build momentum and some find some comfortable play sets so I'm better prepared for the second season.

CP you and I are next. Lets talk on AIM and set up a time. Friday night early would be ok.

Top Bottom