• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
he won't beat me in week 16 matrix, whether he is undefeated or not :D

:lol

Fifty

What ridiculous luck I had. The biggest play of the game was a fumble by Jamal, that was missed by derrick FUCKING DIRTBAG DOUCHEWHORE mason who actually kicked it to strahan. How much are they paying you faggot? Todd heap also got injured on the final drive of the game! Brilliant. Oh, and my QBs can't hit open targets because they belong in the CFL...on the bench. These pieces of shit wouldn't even start in the CFL they're so bad. I also love how my D always has one crucial drive where they decide to give up 8 yards a carry, no matter what I call. It's great knowing this D is not there for me when it counts

But I also made some dumbass throws and I guess....I GUESS.....he deserved to win since he made less mistakes. although with these bitch armed fools every throw is a mistake

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
What ridiculous luck I had. The biggest play of the game was a fumble by Jamal, that was missed by derrick FUCKING DIRTBAG DOUCHEWHORE mason who actually kicked it to strahan. How much are they paying you faggot? Todd heap also got injured on the final drive of the game! Brilliant. Oh, and my QBs can't hit open targets because they belong in the CFL...on the bench. These pieces of shit wouldn't even start in the CFL they're so bad. I also love how my D always has one crucial drive where they decide to give up 8 yards a carry, no matter what I call. It's great knowing this D is not there for me when it counts

But I also made some dumbass throws and I guess....I GUESS.....he deserved to win since he made less mistakes. although with these bitch armed fools every throw is a mistake

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL :(

Fifty

That's true! I asked for it and I got it. Reality is here. Heap getting injured? Check. D not playing as well as they're rated? check! awful QB? check! Maybe that's why I haven't hung myself yet. It is more realistic! And now with you winning with the steelers...I fear reality has set in :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:

That was the one turnover that was all me since I finally nailed a hitstick hit dead on with my linebacker on Lewis. The ints were kinda BS I guess, that int in the endzone was huge.

This game made me so mad for not using a better team. I needed all four fucking turnovers to win this one, jesus christ. GG Fifty, I think you were the better man.

PS: FUCK Kordell Stewart's first play being a 71 yard TD bomb to Mason. I mean seriously... :lol :lol :lol

Edit: I thought your D was ridiculously suffocating in the first half.

Matrix

Fifty said:
That's true! I asked for it and I got it. Reality is here. Heap getting injured? Check. D not playing as well as they're rated? check! awful QB? check! Maybe that's why I haven't hung myself yet. It is more realistic! And now with you winning with the steelers...I fear reality has set in :(

Well then I should expect to start getting my ass kicked,no o-line,shit D,confused QB,shitty running back the list goes on and on :(

Fifty

Wellington said:
That was the one turnover that was all me since I finally nailed a hitstick hit dead on with my linebacker on Lewis. The ints were kinda BS I guess, that int in the endzone was huge.

The INTs weren't BS because I made mistakes throwing all of them. Sure your guys played really really great, more so than usual, but I still shouldn't have made the throws. The FUMBLE was all you, since you hit him and he crumpled like a bitch, but when Mason ran past the ball (you might not remember, but the play is still going in slow-motion in my head) and actually tapped it with his feet right to strahan, my mind was blown. That guy's a bitch.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Yeah, its a miracle I didnt break my controller after Shaun Alexander broke 2398293 tackles.

DM AM CRYING TEARS OF PAIN.

I will later tonight after Jayfro beats my downgraded Texans.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
DM AM CRYING TEARS OF PAIN.

I will later tonight after Jayfro beats my downgraded Texans.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...........but in case you haven't noticed...........I'm 2-8. :lol See you in about 40 minutes on Live.

JayFro

Matrix

JayFro said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence...........but in case you haven't noticed...........I'm 2-8. :lol See you in about 40 minutes on Live.

JayFro

Hey you gave me a great game last time except you were cursed with fumbles...see ya on soon.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
OMG, DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? 28-6 28-6!
BOOOOH!

I mean...congratulations!

NFCLeast represent!

Wellington said:
And thanks to Lone, I just clinched the division. :)
:\

Drey1082 said:
That it was, we played our week 12 game early
Wow. Grats. :D

JayFro said:

JayFro
BLIEVE! It's the week of the underdogs. Even I won!

[edit]I think chicago got their FGA mixed with their FGM

hgplayer1

just wanted to let everyone know that I think this has been one hell of a league to this point. I think the commissioners have done a great job setting it up and the players have been great about getting their games played.

I dont care what anyone says about the NFC Least, look how many of us are in position for maybe 2 of the final playoff spots.

Im glad everyone has been able to taste victory at least once this season. I really hope we get the majority of the players back. if EA ever gets leagues up I doubt they will be as good as what league daddy has allowed us to do but I know most of us will want to get out of doing manual labor.

good luck to everyone the rest of the way! :D

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
just wanted to let everyone know that I think this has been one hell of a league to this point. I think the commissioners have done a great job setting it up and the players have been great about getting their games played.

I dont care what anyone says about the NFC Least, look how many of us are in position for maybe 2 of the final playoff spots.

Im glad everyone has been able to taste victory at least once this season. I really hope we get the majority of the players back. if EA ever gets leagues up I doubt they will be as good as what league daddy has allowed us to do but I know most of us will want to get out of doing manual labor.

good luck to everyone the rest of the way! :D
I think it's been great as well. Win or Lose, I've enjoyed it. I think Fifty and FMT have done a hell of a job and so have the players getting their games in, getting their stats in, and overall participation.

That's why I feel down about seeing it end. A few people are dropping out of Madden altogether and the rest are moving on to the 360. I haven't decided on whether I'll get that at launch, but this league has been fun as hell. I don't even care that I'm not going to make the playoffs. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id like to know who's genious idea it was to not be able to audible out when you accidently audible into a punt with the R trigger, or even call a TO. Such BS

Matrix

GG Jay,I just want you to know you truly have amazing pass D,you lock down AJ like no one else can.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
GG Jay,I just want you to know you truly have amazing pass D,you lock down AJ like no else can.

I'm going to write a book, how to dominate someone for 4 quarters and still lose by 10. Ok, that's just the extreme anger inside me talking and kicking myself in the ass for playing so conservatively in the second half when I was up 13-6 going into the 4th quarter.

Rudi Johnson had a great game but he also coughed up a fumble that put 3 points on the board for you. That post route you ran where my DB tipped it right to your wideout almost made me jump off my couch, and of course that last pick I threw in hurry up offense as it was 13-16 was about the worst idea I've ever had. I really felt like I deserved to win that game, I really felt like I played a better game but I just can't seem to win games in Madden.

You played a mistake free game, but I get frustrated when my DB's drop passes right in the bread basket, I had 7 pass deflections and not a single pick................argghhhhh.

Well done, and good luck in the playoffs.

Matrix

JayFro said:
I'm going to write a book, how to dominate someone for 4 quarters and still lose by 10.

Yea you really had me on my heels all game,I couldnt stop the run except for the one hitstick fumble,besides that you had your way.I guess your downfall was turnovers,I really thought you had me that game.

the league has been an awesome success, despite the naysayers (miguel and wasabi who predicted a good deal of the players in our league would drop out by week 4) we have all showed up and it has been fun.

but, speaking of the league, im pretty worried not just about winning my division (as CP wont leave me alone) but also making the playoffs. my next 4 games are against ramirez, gunstar, truelize and ck.... all of those guys have beaten me, and in the case of truelize he thrashed me in exhibition when i was using a superior defense. i'm also worried about ramirez cause it seems like he is waking up. and of course gunstar and ck always give me problems...

Slo

The roster update has completely fucked my gameplan.

Good game Andokuky, you beat me fair and square. I have no idea why your guys seemed to come up with the ball even when double covered, but I know better than to question the wisdom of John Madden. :-|

Only 5 games left....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league has been an awesome success, despite the naysayers (miguel and wasabi who predicted a good deal of the players in our league would drop out by week 4) we have all showed up and it has been fun.

but, speaking of the league, im pretty worried not just about winning my division (as CP wont leave me alone) but also making the playoffs. my next 4 games are against ramirez, gunstar, truelize and ck.... all of those guys have beaten me, and in the case of truelize he thrashed me in exhibition when i was using a superior defense. i'm also worried about ramirez cause it seems like he is waking up. and of course gunstar and ck always give me problems...

Remember the best offense you have ever seen in a Madden?

Remember the best defense you have ever seen in a Madden?

I'm better than both. Chalk up another L, friend!

i maybe out of the running for the #1 seed, but i vow to beat you in week 16 if you are infact undefeated. if you are 14-1 or something i may not be as motivated, but to prevent you from a perfect regular season would be delicious

Andokuky

Banned
Slo said:
The roster update has completely fucked my gameplan.

Good game Andokuky, you beat me fair and square. I have no idea why your guys seemed to come up with the ball even when double covered, but I know better than to question the wisdom of John Madden. :-|

Only 5 games left....

Bad breaks for you early in the game with those drops. You shut down my run game better than anyone else I've played so far. You control that safety really well. Almost too good, I tried going deep on that side a lot since you were usually out of position but of course Bell can get no seperation from Smoot for some reason :\ I couldn't believe Wilson picked that pass off, he usually drops all the easy ones and makes the amazing ones like that. Van Pelt had a 100% completion percentage and a rushing TD. QB contraversy in Denver? Oh noes.

Cya after week 11. Go easy on me.

Slo

Holy shit, I just played two random people. The first guy started milking the clock from the first fucking play. He milked the whole first quarter and had moved the ball about 40 yards. The next guy quit on me when I went up by 28. Fuck this game.

Fifty

Slo said:
Holy shit, I just played two random people. The first guy started milking the clock from the first fucking play. He milked the whole first quarter and had moved the ball about 40 yards. The next guy quit on me when I went up by 28. Fuck the people who play this game.

indeed

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
ZING {Posted from work... :( }

So I'm not the only one with a six day work week here? ;)

I was lookin over my stats and this is from my last three games. For those of you that think you can just double cover Shockey and own me (Cumulative stats):

Code:
	                                          RCP	YD	RAVG	TD	YAC	Drops	Long
Plaxico	7	65	9.3	0	6	1	14
Shockey	9	118	13.1	2	34	1	27
Toomer	8	99	12.4	0	10	0	19
Barber	7	97	13.9	1	45	0	23
Carter	5	50	10.0	1	9	2	20
Finn	2	11	5.5	1	2	0	7

Man when Jim Finn came out of the backfield and caught a TD pass in my game last night, I went nuts. He fucking sucks ass. :lol Of course, Shockey has more yardage because of the YAC truck stick factor.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My Last 2 games of WarrickBall. Can't say I abuse the TE too much, my top 4 Recievers for the year are 2 WR, a HB and a FB.

Code:
_______________RCP        YDG        YPC    TD        YAC     DRP      long
Warrick, Peter  	7	122	17.4	1	7	1	42
Stevens, Jerramy 	3	60	20.0	2	30	3	25
Alexander, Shaun 	1	10	10.0	1	0	0	10
Engram, Bobby   	3	53	17.6	0	17	1	20
Jackson, Darrell 	2	89	44.5	1	59	0	79

Slo

I've had Koren Robinson for exactly 2 games, and I tried to use him as my #2 receiver. First game he had a game changing fumble deep in my own territory on the first pass I threw to him, and the second game he dropped two third down conversions on my first two drives.

Fuck you Koren Robinson.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Slo said:
I've had Koren Robinson for exactly 2 games, and I tried to use him as my #2 receiver. First game he had a game changing fumble deep in my own territory on the first pass I threw to him, and the second game he dropped two third down conversions on my first two drives.

Fuck you Koren Robinson.

Hahahaha Peter Warrick > Koren Robinson. Thanks for letting him be on your team and not on mine!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Slo said:

Fuck you Koren Robinson.

Is he in any way related to Peerless Price? :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerebral Palsy said:
True, I can play our game within the next 2 or so hours, and then I'm headed out for the night. If you want to play IM me.

Can you play tomorrow (Sunday?). I'll have AIM on and I'll be around more tomorrow. Let me know.

Top Bottom