• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Linkzg said:
15 minutes of gameplay (?) from IGN

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14253678/madworld/videos/madworld_com_030609.html

I won't watch it, just posting it for those who will.
It's 15 mins of gameplay, with Bozon and Matt narrating. My hype has skyrocketed, can't fucking wait.

The vid was actually pretty cool, and has got me more hyped for the game than I was before. If you aren't totally sold on the game, watch it.

RE5 and Madworld in the same month, I am not worthy.

Volcynika

Rez said:
It's 15 mins of gameplay, with Bozon and Matt narrating. My hype has skyrocketed, can't fucking wait.

The vid was actually pretty cool, and has got me more hyped for the game than I was before. If you aren't totally sold on the game, watch it.

They're in the same week for me, I'll melt from the awesome.

Rez said:

Same month? 3 days difference between them for me. I'll probably push RE5 back for MadWorld; few games would make me do that.

Linkzg said:
15 minutes of gameplay (?) from IGN

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14253678/madworld/videos/madworld_com_030609.html

I won't watch it, just posting it for those who will.

Damn, was about to post that. I watched a lot of it before the video suddenly stopped at about 11:30 (upload issues I guess), and I'm feeling really good about my preorder today. :D

In case you're wondering what's in the video, without spoiling anything:

-It's played without commentary so Bozon and Matt can talk
-New weapons and items (some of which have unique mechanics beyond just being melee swings)
-New BloodWatch Challenge minigame
-Several enemies not shown before; they're much more aggressive and faster than the standard stage enemies, and can do tons of damage (one can apparently do an instakill move if you're not paying attention, and nearly half your bar with a normal attack). Matt/Bozon do die once in the video.
-At least one of the enemies has a unique finisher where its own weapon is turned against it

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Volcynika said:
They're in the same week for me, I'll melt from the awesome.
Linkzg said:
Same month? 3 days difference between them for me. I'll probably push RE5 back for MadWorld; few games would make me do that.

Not in Australia. :(

EmCeeGramr said:
Damn, was about to post that. I watched a lot of it before the video suddenly stopped at about 11:30 (upload issues I guess), and I'm feeling really good about my preorder today. :D

In case you're wondering what's in the video, without spoiling anything:

-It's played without commentary so Bozon and Matt can talk
-New weapons and items (some of which have unique mechanics beyond just being melee swings)
-New BloodWatch Challenge minigame
-Several enemies not shown before; they're much more aggressive and faster than the standard stage enemies, and can do tons of damage (one can apparently do an instakill move if you're not paying attention, and nearly half your bar with a normal attack). Matt/Bozon do die once in the video.
-At least one of the enemies has a unique finisher where its own weapon is turned against it

awesome

The_Dude

EatChildren said:
I'd import and use GeckoOS, but I had to pre-order for the soundtrack. A bonus, but the wait hnnnnggggggggg
Price-wise, I don't think importing is really worth at the moment - but I don't really have a choice. Of course, when the dollar was almost equal to the US dollar, there was nothing I wanted! I really need the dollar to go back up - preferably in the next few days!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's so tempting to watch that video, but I will not watch it. I want to experience that baby myself and let it be a surprise.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I watched that entire video.

I guess that just validated my purchase even more. It also put a rest to my worries about the difficulty.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Regulus Tera said:
I watched that entire video.

I guess that just validated my purchase even more. It also put a rest to my worries about the difficulty.

Pretty much.

Difficulty looked fine to be honest. The mooks were obviously pretty tame, but the stronger characters did a whole lot of damage. That mini-boss took off like 40% of the health bar in one hit. Matt and Bozon made sure to say this was on Normal difficulty too.

Matt said he finished the video review too and we should see it in a few days. Overall, they both seemed really positive.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone please tell me which stores in the US give you/sell the soundtrack when you reserve the game? Thanks

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Vilix said:

As far as I'm aware the soundtrack is not available in the US as a pre-order bonus.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Here's to hoping it will be avaliable after release. Unless someone knows a website that will have it for sale.

EDIT: If anyone from Down Under or the UK would be willing to sell me their copy of the soundtrack please send me a PM. Thanks

KevinCow

Banned
cautionsignproject.jpg

I was just gonna give this game a rent until I saw the 15 minute walkthrough that IGN did, and now I'm totally sold. This is gonna be so great.

EatChildren

I really like that most of the enemies are quite unresponsive and weak, but mixed in the packs are mini-bosses and stronger versions that do most of the damage. It reminds me of something like Resident Evil 4 or Left 4 Dead, where you have hoards of relatively tame enemies with some big, hard, evil shit thrown in that really fucks with you.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So hyped here. It also helps that these first two months of 2009 were pretty shitty to me and I'm feeling the need to ultra violently kill some virtual enemies to vent. :p

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
EatChildren said:
I really like that most of the enemies are quite unresponsive and weak, but mixed in the packs are mini-bosses and stronger versions that do most of the damage. It reminds me of something like Resident Evil 4 or Left 4 Dead, where you have hoards of relatively tame enemies with some big, hard, evil shit thrown in that really fucks with you.
I think it is more than that, the basic grunts are there pretty much only for you to score points and pull off cool looking kills, like movable pieces of scenery basically (at least in the normal mode shown in the vid).

Ulairi said:
will this be in stores on tue or wed?

Gamestop website lists it at shipping on the 10th so should be in stores Wednesday. If you live smack dab in the east coast of the US you should be able to get on the 10th I think(lucky jerks...).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Urban Scholar said:
Gamestop website lists it at shipping on the 10th so should be in stores Wednesday. If you live smack dab in the east coast of the US you should be able to get on the 10th I think(lucky jerks...).

I'm in NY and I just did a Best Buy in-store availability check and it says its currently in stock in a couple stores. I wonder if this is true? If anyone finds out, post asap so I can go by after work :lol

botticus

John Harker said:
I'm in NY and I just did a Best Buy in-store availability check and it says its currently in stock in a couple stores. I wonder if this is true? If anyone finds out, post asap so I can go by after work :lol
Says it's available in Cleveland too, so it's either a bug or it's streetdated. I'm stuck waiting till the 13th for my Amazon copy anyway.

botticus said:
Says it's available in Cleveland too, so it's either a bug or it's streetdated. I'm stuck waiting till the 13th for my Amazon copy anyway.

Fuck you're lucky Amazon says its not even shipping mine till the 16th.

John Harker said:

Err I meant West coast :lol

EatChildren

Anyone have any idea why there have been so few reviews?

markatisu

EatChildren said:
Anyone have any idea why there have been so few reviews?

Could be an embargo, also Sega has not released many of their games to the media more than a few days before it releases

They did that with HoTD Overkill, Sonic and the Black Knight and now MadWorld

IGN for instance has had the game for at least a week now but their review is not up yet even though they finished the game multiple times, that leads me to believe there has to be some kind of embargo up about reviews

I asked my Gamestop manager when I paid the preorder off on Friday when it would be in and he said the computer says ship date 3-10 so they would have it the afternoon of 3-11 and that seems to mesh with what others are saying as well

Top Bottom