• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Jammy

Banned
^Best Buy's ad this week says they'll have it in Wednesday at 2 p.m.

The IGN video review just sold me on this game. I can't wait for the GameTrailers review now. :)

BrodiemanTTR said:
It's been a loooong time since I bought a game day one. What are the odds of Best Buy having this tomorrow instead of Wednesday?

Your best bet, and I hate to say this, would be to try Walmart tomorrow.
They might be the only store to have it in on time.

Jammy said:
^Best Buy's ad this week says they'll have it in Wednesday at 2 p.m.

TOO. LONG.

AceBandage said:
Your best bet, and I hate to say this, would be to try Walmart tomorrow.
They might be the only store to have it in on time.

$20 Best Buy gift card is the only reason I can even afford to buy it. =/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It hurts that the release date isn't the same in Australia as it is in the US.

On the plus side, it will give it some breathing room from RE5, on the negative side, I WANT TO FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME NOW.

darkvir

The high IGN scores are a good bonus, honestly I didnt need to see a score from any publication, the people of Platinum Games are of the highest pedigree!

TreIII

Frencherman said:
Yeah, the negative point bothers me a bit. 5-6 hour and repetitive quickly? Not a good combination if you ask me :/

In the end, it's a Brawler. You're either going to love this type of game, and give it more play/replays, or not. That's all there is to it.

Me? I'm looking forward to Hard Mode, to give me that zing that God Hand gave me once more! :D

Teknoman

Dascu said:
The enemies are quite literally on the fence.

Wallach said:
2j3r637.jpg

Serious fox strikes again :lol
...had soda in my mouth.

EDIT: Guess it would be idea to beat the game on normal, unlock all the extra weapons, then tackle it on hard.

jrricky

Banned
HOLY SHIT. I just saw the video review.:lol

The ending of that vid was CRAAAZY. I was wonderin when this guy was gonna stop. DAMN.:lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I cannot wait for the mainstream idiot media jump all over this game and give it free advertisement like they did with GTA.

I can see it now " Wii's dark secret" "Images might be disturbing for minors" "Jack Thompson is being interviewed about a game he knows nothing about from reporters who know nothing about the game, news at 11"

:lol

markatisu

neojubei said:
I cannot wait for the mainstream idiot media jump all over this game and give it free advertisement like they did with GTA.

I can see it now " Wii's dark secret" "Images might be disturbing for minors" "Jack Thompson is being interviewed about a game he knows nothing about from reporters who know nothing about the game, news at 11"

:lol

I can't either because that means MadWorld would get amazing sales

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
yoopoo said:
Just saw this commercial during RAW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJzYeZ8x7M

Pretty decent.

Was hoping they'd do something like the "censored" version of the holiday trailer. Selling the game is much easier when you showcase the violence.

And there's the GameStop tie-in. I'm sort of curious how that relationship works. MadWorld's been promoted like crazy at GameStop, I wonder if putting the GameStop name in their commercial helped lower their marketing costs.

Teknoman

Actually I kinda wish everything wasnt so multiplatform. I think it would force people to use a console's strengths alot better. But thats just me.

EDIT: Why is SEGA the big dummy? :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Teknoman said:
Actually I kinda wish everything wasnt so multiplatform. I think it would force people to use a console's strengths alot better. But thats just me.

EDIT: Why is SEGA the big dummy? :lol

Same here. I'm glad madworld is only on the wii.

witness

This peak in difficulty later on in the game with unfair bosses on the normal difficulty has me worried (from the eurogamer review). Day 1 still, but this and the game's length have me worried about a possible let down.

hitoshi

I think I can talk now :)

My first playthrough lasted for 3 hours and 22 minutes. To be honest i was really surprised by the numbers because it felt waaay longer than that, there were two stages where i was very close to burst into tears. It could have been longer but to be honest there are too few choices in attack forms for it to last more than the stages they have presented. There are several difficulty spikes but considering everything it's way easier than God Hand was. I really liked the story, It's interesting, it has little twists, it's like a manga, it reminded me to the first half of death note. But nothing more than that, just enough content to support the awesome action. Which, indeed is awesome, the first hour is one of the most amazing parts of this generation, but after that it get's a little old. I gave it 8 points out of 10.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you guys and your playing of Madworld before me. The 26th of March is oh so far away.

hitoshi said:
I think I can talk now :)

My first playthrough lasted for 3 hours and 22 minutes. To be honest i was really surprised by the numbers because it felt waaay longer than that, there were two stages where i was very close to burst into tears. It could have been longer but to be honest there are too few choices in attack forms for it to last more than the stages they have presented. There are several difficulty spikes but considering everything it's way easier than God Hand was. I really liked the story, It's interesting, it has little twists, it's like a manga, it reminded me to the first half of death note. But nothing more than that, just enough content to support the awesome action. Which, indeed is awesome, the first hour is one of the most amazing parts of this generation, but after that it get's a little old. I gave it 8 points out of 10.
Do you gain new core attacks/moves as you play, or you got what you start with the whole way through?

hitoshi

abstract alien said:
Do you gain new core attacks/moves as you play, or you got what you start with the whole way through?

The first three stages (If i remember correctly) are the tutorials, after that you have to use what you have learned, so no new moves.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Rash said:
RE5 - IGN 9.0, Eurogamer 7/10.

Madworld - IGN 9.0, Eurogamer 7/10.

Interesting....

I think Eurogamer is adopting the EDGE full scale, but has neglected to tell anyone.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
McBacon said:
I think Eurogamer is adopting the EDGE full scale, but has neglected to tell anyone.
Haven't Eurogamer and EDGE always scored games very similarly?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Anyone find this today?

Would love to pick it up from a best buy so I can grab some other stuff, but not sure if this is one of those 'comes in on Wednesday' titles. Can't tell from the website, since it says its available everywhere :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
neojubei said:
Love your new avatar.

Oh and I just bought a Wii.
Glad you like it. ;D

Congrats on the Wii, hope you have fun times with it (besides MadWorld).

RobbieNick

Rash said:
RE5 - IGN 9.0, Eurogamer 7/10.

Madworld - IGN 9.0, Eurogamer 7/10.

Interesting....

This is partially why I don't trust IGN reviews. Any game that they get to review early always gets a 9.0 or higher. I'm still picking up the game tomorrow regardless, but if you're planning to buy and are unsure, I always recommend waiting for the general concensous, or seeing what the average gamer gamer thinks on the forums.

Top Bottom