• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

VegaShinra

Do any stores have it in today? My GameStop says tomorrow and Best Buy is tomorrow. I'm not sure if Walmart will have it in today or Toys R'Us.

Eteric Rice

VegaShinra said:
Do any stores have it in today? My GameStop says tomorrow and Best Buy is tomorrow. I'm not sure if Walmart will have it in today or Toys R'Us.

Check Wal-Mart. If they don't have it, knock over a magazine rack.

markatisu

Dascu said:

I like how that review starts

The Wii has earned itself a reputation as being a "kiddie console" thanks to its cutesy design and its library of family friendly titles. Gamers have lamented the lack of "hardcore" titles ever since the console debuted--well, their prayers have been answered with the release of MadWorld. But don't think for a moment that it's just a mindless gore-fest: MadWorld has the brains to go with the brawn. So read on for our review of this amazing title and take note because today is the day that the Wii stops being just a "kiddie console" and becomes a legitimate player in the "hardcore" gaming market.

markatisu

This one is neat (its Spanish but they are on meta critic though)

http://www.vandal.net/analisis/wii/madworld/8888

Gráficos 8.5
Sonido 8
Jugabilidad 8
Diversión 9

Total: 8.3

Madworld has made a lot of noise before its launch and, after playing it, we can say it deserves it, although the result could have been even better. The game brings very special aesthetics which are undoubtedly a good decision, and totally fits the gameplay experience Platinum Games wanted to offer.

oh god is my amazon order shipping yet, it's not saying when it'll ship, okay is it shipping NOW
imm4w3.gif

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment
Delivery estimate:March 12, 2009

t8sx9x.gif

I'm on the East Coast, close to Philly and found a Walmart that is selling it!!! To be exact, it's the one in Norristown on Trooper Road, they had 2-3 copies left.

I'm about to fire it up OHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIII

big_z

ThePeacemaker02 said:
Amazon says my order is shipping soon. Hopefully that's today.

just checked mine it says march 13th for shipping in my account. on the page it says
"Usually ships within 3 to 6 weeks".

seems like sega is behind in shipping stock.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
big_z said:
just checked mine it says march 13th for shipping in my account. on the page it says

Hopefully this means demand is much much higher than expected.

Redd

big_z said:

Ships freaking March 16th for me. Was this close to canceling my order and just going to Gamestop but figure Resident Evil 5 will tide me over until Madworld shows up in the mail.=(

kaskade

Mine says delivery estimate for the 17th. I knew I should've just waited to buy it in the store and wasted the 5 bucks.

Gryphter said:
I'm on the East Coast, close to Philly and found a Walmart that is selling it!!! To be exact, it's the one in Norristown on Trooper Road, they had 2-3 copies left.

I'm about to fire it up OHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIII
You little samurai fucker! :D

kaskade

Maybe I'll just pick up the game at walmart, then return the one I get from amazon unopened at walmart if it doesn't ship out today.

Not a SINGLE store had the game today.
Ugh.
Oh well, I have tomorrow off, so I'll check some places early and hopefully get to spend some time with MadWorld.

Teknoman

Guess i'll be saving Varrigan city tomorrow evening. Going to make sure to set aside my reserve at work, just so no one gets the lame idea to sell it.

yeah, does this have a new firmware on it?

and I got a call that it's in tomorrow. I will loiter around Gamestop until they get the shipment in.

http://platinumgames.com/2009/03/10/madworld-north-american-release-yeah/

Finally! Finally! Today, users in North America can get their hands on their own copies of MADWORLD! We worked ourselves to the bone everyday, putting our blood, sweat and tears into the game so that this day would come, and we will never forget it now that it is here!

But this day also means that I’m incredibly nervous! I have no idea what I will do if people pick up and play MADWORLD and think, “This isn’t as fun as I thought it would be…”
don't worry nishikawa
r2vjtg.png

So everyone in North America who is playing MADWORLD, let us know what you think! Even just a simple one word comment to this post is fine. (Just make sure you don’t post spoilers!)

http://platinumgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/img_0822.jpg
(Hideki Kamiya playing some MADWORLD.)

Also, a video blog of Inaba and Nishikawa talking about what they like most (they're standing in front of the whiteboard with GAF's ads and the Jack doodle!)

Volcynika

Linkzg said:

and I got a call that it's in tomorrow. I will loiter around Gamestop until they get the shipment in.

Just got the call myself, too. But I don't get off work tomorrow until 5:30PM.

HNGHHHHHHH!

TreIII

D'OH! My usual 'spot haunt (where my peeps be workin) don't have the game until tomorrow.

Ah well...it's good to hear all the good stuff rolling in. #2 on Gamefly though...? I dunno if that's a good thing or bad...

abstract alien said:
You little samurai fucker! :D

this game, is AWESOME.

quick comments
- extreme violence
- first stage had a 30 min time limit, and the map was basically an open arena... not many hallways or rooms to walk in
- you trigger the boss area by scoring points, but you don't have to fight him right away. doing so and beating him will end the stage, which limits your chances of getting more points. the strategy seems to be score as much as you can, and when you have just a little time left, then go for the boss for the big points.
- during the stage, you can unlock special bonus rounds, which are minigames
- waggle is done well. similar to NMH, they make you do a motion for finishers
- often times shit gets so crazy on screen that you stop reading the navigation text or even your health meter.
- commentators are HILARIOUS, but their audio takes a backseat to the sounds of the fight and the music

I'll be back to post more... either that, or I won't be back since I'm playing :D

edit:
Linkzg said:
yes it does, though I have no idea what it did. probably made it so that my Wii won't explode due to extreme graphic violence and death

Teknoman said:
Quick, someone switch the game into hard mode and see if its GOD HAND hard.
I think you gotta beat the game in order to unlock hard mode.

edit: I forgot it was a bit short, so im sure someone has unlocked it already :lol

Top Bottom