• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Fuu said:
Hard to have a consensus for now when so few of us have the game but it did receive praise in reviews (Dascu has been updating them on the OP) and those who already got it seem to be having a good time.

Have you ordered your copy yet Fuu?

beelzebozo said:
any specific settings i should use? if not, this method is NOT working. giving me "Error #2"

I had a similar problem with my Sonic and the Black Knight disc (I think they have the same update or something...) I found out, that there is a new IOS that came with the old 3.4 update (and since I am still on 3.2, I obviously didn't have it...)

If you are ok with using the Wadmanager (a homebrew app), you can install the new IOS (the filename is IOS55-64-v4633.wad...google it, as I don't want to link the site I found it on) as a .wad file. Also, I still had to launch the game directly from GeckoOS (not rebooting, just launching it from the program in the homebrew channel) and it seemed to work after all that. Alternatively, there maybe a "Patchmii" app in the works for this, much like the Wii shop update workaround, but I don't know how long tths usually take... =/

In the meantime, I hope that helps...if it does let me know, as I am planning to get the game after work today!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
just took the plunge and updated my wii. no issues whatsoever.

game is awesome. ten minutes of this and i have already had ten times the fun i had with the time i spent with no more heroes (was not a fan).

controls are super tight, style is incredible. recommended big time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I usually dig rap and from what I listened I'll probably like it but what are you guys playing thinking of the soundtrack by now?

TheChillyAcademic said:
Have you ordered your copy yet Fuu?
Will try to grab a copy after I leave work today.

slade said:
Can you use a classic controller for this game?

to the waggle haters/leery, it's done rather well here and is 100% playable. There have been times where it doesn't register my "slice down" motion, but I usually do it 2-3 times anyway, the same way a person would hit a button several times when you only have to hit it once (such as tapping Y repeatedly when calling someone out for not calling Uno on XBL). Sometimes as I naturally move while playing, I'll accidentally move the remote and do an uppercut or hook unintentionally. Besides these minor issues, I'd go as far and say that this is the best use of advanced waggling yet though (I say advanced to seperate from games that use it well, but very little, such as SMG)

Fuu said:
I usually dig rap and from what I listened I'll probably like it but what are you guys playing thinking of the soundtrack by now?

I don't usually listen to rap, but this soundtrack is HOT. I want the CD so bad.

markatisu

beelzebozo said:
any specific settings i should use? if not, this method is NOT working. giving me "Error #2"

Sounds like an IOS is not installed, as said above. Its super easy to fix but we cannot talk about it in much detail because IOS's are not available on Wiibrew since they are copyrighted

The same thing happened to me with Sonic and the Black Rings (also mentioned above) but after updating the IOS it worked just fine, but I will make sure when I get off work

witness

Picked mine up earlier, played through the first two bosses....AMAZING. Wow, wow, wow. Graphics are amazing on my hdtv, can't even tell its 480i (52" RP-CRT HDTV, 1080i/480p) with the art style. I really hope a lot of people are going to buy this, been in the amazon and gamestop top 10 so good signs so far.....

andymcc

Banned
just installed the new update and it didn't brick my system... didn't feel like installing the iso, homebrew shit still works. going to play now...

Having lots of fun with it...until it froze at the end of the second level :^/

I can completely see how this could get outrageous on hard mode though.

I haven't had freezing, but I have had stuttering as the next area loads, particularly Asian Town going upstairs each time the double doors open

Hurry up, UPS!
99f60z.gif

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Amir0x said:
Just received my copy in the mail.

I AM GOING TO CHAINSAW SOME MOTHERFUCKERS

Mine should be here tomorrow.

And then...

I AM GOING TO THOROUGHLY DUST OFF MY WII

And then...

I AM GOING TO CHAINSAW SOME MOTHERFCUKERS

Gino

beelzebozo said:
just took the plunge and updated my wii. no issues whatsoever.

game is awesome. ten minutes of this and i have already had ten times the fun i had with the time i spent with no more heroes (was not a fan).

controls are super tight, style is incredible. recommended big time.
Cool, if it didn't mess with the HBC i'm not worried about my mod chip.

Thanks for taking the plunge!

RobbieNick

SnakeXs said:

And then...

And then...

Looks like you missed out on House of the Dead: Overkill and Deadly Creatures.

I pity you.

Just finished the first level. Must remember to keep this one away from the niece and lock the door and keep the headphones on. This one really earns it's M rating.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SnakeXs said:

And then...

And then...

Haha, same. I love actually using my Wii, I'm stoked that there's a game that finally interests me on it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
PS I can't see, for the life of me, what Matsuno had to do with this. It's about throwing people into jet engines :lol

Y2Kev said:
PS I can't see, for the life of me, what Matsuno had to do with this. It's about throwing people into jet engines :lol

He did the story.
Anyway, just beat the second boss.
Daggers are Over Powered.
:D

darkvir

Fuck yeah! Just picked it up downtown Vancouver! But it sold out in 10 minutes!

Played the first tutorial, after I got used to the controls, I was ripping up people in no time!

BTW, played at work on a 52" HDTV, with composite... looked fantastic. Can't say that about any other Wii game thats fired on that TV.

I'm really impressed by the graphics in this game. Even on a big 61" screen it looks really sharp. It's the first Wii game I've played that doesn't obviously look like its standard-def.

anyone know if updating the firmware is safe or at least what number it is? I'm running it through gecko until I know it's fine to update.

Y2Kev

Linkzg said:
anyone know if updating the firmware is safe or at least what number it is? I'm running it through gecko until I know it's fine to update.
I updated to whatever was on the disk and I didn't break my wii. Wiiz. Gecko wouldn't boot it for me.

The game is too easy on the standard difficulty.

Y2Kev said:
I updated to whatever was on the disk and I didn't break my wii. Wiiz. Gecko wouldn't boot it for me.

The game is too easy on the standard difficulty.

yeah, I just tried Gecko and it had an error. Here's hoping everything is fine.

Dascu said:

GeckoOS is an app used to play import games on the Wii

for those curious it updates your wii to 3.3u

Dascu

Linkzg said:

Yes, I have Gecko. I'll need it to play my import MadWorld copy. But if it doesn't work...

Gino

Linkzg said:

for those curious it updates your wii to 3.3u
but my Wii is already on 3.4...

Gary Whitta said:
I'm really impressed by the graphics in this game. Even on a big 61" screen it looks really sharp. It's the first Wii game I've played that doesn't obviously look like its standard-def.

The game really does look amazing, much better then it does in any of the videos online.

whatdidyousay said:
I picked up a copy at lunch.

I SWEAR TO GOD GAF, I WILL BE PISSED IF THIS IS OVERRATED STYLIZED CRAP LIKE NO MORE HEROES.

Interesting situation eh?

I was looking forward to No More Heroes (Killer 7 is god's gift to gaming) and was violently disappointed with it. I was NOT looking forward to Madworld and bought it on the hopes of plot and narrative individuality. So far? Well, I'm surprised.

Jesus, and if you thought No More Heroes was brutal, Madworld is like an acid washed orgy of blood, guts and gore.

Y2Kev

No More Heroes sucks, this game rocks. The Wiimote finishers aren't so constant and annoying like they are in that game. This game has much more variety.

Top Bottom