• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Gino

AceBandage said:
They played the first two missions then quit. ONLY explanation.
Must have like driven around the town, done a side job and then stopped. NMHs was all about the boss fights.

the boss levels where fun too though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I really think it's not a good idea to start debating about NMH and comparing it to MadWorld in this thread.

Both games are on the Wii, that's all. And blaming GAF because you bought it is silly.

TheChillyAcademic said:
But lets not derail....

Y2Kev said:
this game rocks
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14738500&postcount=25
Y2Kev said:
uhhhh okay I'll be optimistic but this sounds like soul calibur legends with a neat art style

It's even the Dream Team™
y2kev on a distinguished gentlemen's board said:
madworld will be shit, calling it now
y2kev... annihilated...
23kzxck.jpg

Gilgamesh

Jaded Alyx said:
I love NMH and I'm NOT getting Madworld. Happy to see it's a quality game though.
Why aren't you getting it?

TheChillyAcademic said:
Its a shitty excuse for an indie game wrapped in broken repetitive gameplay. But lets not derail....
You mean awesome gameplay.

Y2Kev said:
I'll happily admit I was wrong (not on NMH, where I am right), but you shouldn't do this. tsk tsk
You can tsk tsk my behind, because my copy just arrived like three minutes ago and I'm not wasting time on a wrong person like you.

Aeana

Dragona Akehi said:
I have to say: that is the most unappealing thing I've seen in a long time. Wow.
I find it incredibly disgusting, as well. They should put "Y chromosome required" on the box or something.

This game is a lot of fun so far. Who was it that said that it's like Dead Rising? they were right. The graphics are hard to get used to at first, but over the 30 or so minutes I played they set in. So far the biggest problem is the camera, which can be a struggle at times.

The game is hilarious. I laughed out loud as I anally raped an enemy with a giant spike in the ground. The commentary is also great.

ZAK

Aeana said:
I find it incredibly disgusting, as well. They should put "Y chromosome required" on the box or something.
It has Y chromosome incarnate right on the front. What more do you want?

Dragona Akehi said:
I can't believe that Matsuno's return is this. What a waste.

His name must be attached in spirit only, this isn't his return, at least not really. The violence is getting to me after having only played it for a short time, this game really is too grotesque.

markatisu

TheChillyAcademic said:
His name must be attached in spirit only, this isn't his return, at least not really. The violence is getting to me after having only played it for a short time, this game really is too grotesque.

Do you even know anything about this game?

stuminus3

Median said:
I managed to grab a copy at the HMV in Eaton Centre, downtown Toronto. EB was sold out, I was quite shocked.
Best Buy at Yonge/Dundas had a bunch of copies this afternoon, but in the cage, not on the shelves. That EB is truly awful, they really should expand it or open another downtown location or two. No offense to anyone that works/shops there, but... ugh.

markatisu said:
Do you even know anything about this game?

I've beaten the game you silly boy lol It was a fun ride and the narrative is actually interesting but the gore is over the top. Thats sort of the point I suppose, but my opinion is what it is. I'm not coming in here and shitting all over the game so chill ^^

Haha, Chilly.

Teknoman

ZAK said:
It has Y chromosome incarnate right on the front. What more do you want?

Alright so then this, God Hand, Contra, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden = Manliest games ever?

Aeana and Dragona think its disgusting, now im wondering what Scarlet, Zoe, and Black Wind think about it.

Teknoman said:
Wow. How'd I miss Steve Blum being Jack? Awesome, he ends up voicing the best characters.

Yeah, you didn't know that?
I mean, what more could you want for voices?
You have Blum, Proops, and DiMagio...
I mean, I would have bought the game for that reason alone.

Teknoman said:
Alright so then this, God Hand, Contra, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden = Manliest games ever?

Well, let's see: good game, good game, good game, not my thing, not my thing.

Aeana and Dragona think its disgusting, now im wondering what Scarlet, Zoe, and Black Wind think about it.

Technically, I find it unappealing rather than "disgusting". It just looks stupid, and isn't very fun.

Aeana

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Are people seriously getting disturbed by this game?
Yes, I find it to be pretty disturbing. I thought so before I played it, but since my fiancé bought it, I decided to give it a shot, and it's actually worse than I ever expected. :\

I don't mean to come in and crash your guys' party, though. Have fun with your game.

Teknoman said:
But I like Contra, Devil May Cry, and especially Viewtiful Joe. :\

Disgusting vs. Disturbing

No doubt the differences are subtle. After beating the title I can say that while I understand the artistic merit this particular type of gore and violence has, it is extremely difficult to watch lol At least for me, and I'm gay, not a women.

JSnake

Volcynika said:
Because it's fuckin awesome!

Just got home with this, :D

I'm not disappointed about the F bombs per se. I'm disappointed because that video has dashed all my hopes of my conservative christian mom letting me buy this game. :(

TheChillyAcademic said:
Disgusting vs. Disturbing

No doubt the differences are subtle. After beating the title I can say that while I understand the artistic merit this particular type of gore and violence has, it is extremely difficult to watch lol At least for me, and I'm gay, not a women.

I doubt your sexual orientation has anything to do with it.
That said, "What do you want to raise a society of pussies?"

AceBandage said:
I doubt your sexual orientation has anything to do with it.
That said, "What do you want to raise a society of pussies?"

:lol

I suppose I meant it more as a crux to my understanding of why two ladies may not like an absolute blood orgy like what is presented, visually in this title.

Top Bottom