• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Marathon |OT| - Sunday, October 26th @ 12pm on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyoung

Banned
Fun fact: Donuthead Homer is an unlockable costume in the game Simpsons: Hit & Run.

donut--screenshot_large.jpg

this is great

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, this was the last THoH that had something to tie the stories together between the segments.

Also, next one will be the last time we see the amusing tombstones.

"We have to kill the boy!"

"How'd you know he was a vampire?"

"HE'S A VAMPIRE? AAAHHHHHH"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"We have to kill the boy!"
"How did you know he's a vampire?"
"He's a vampire? AAAAH!"

"Uh dad, that's his crotch"

Treehouse V! The best!

BatDan

"Usually the blood gets off at the second floor" See that Zambie Simpsons writers? That's how you parody the movie!

"You mean Shining?"
"Shh! You wanna get sued?!"

"No TV and no beer make Homer something something..."
"Go crazy?"
"DON'T MIND IF I DO!"

BatDan

"The first non-Brazilian person to travel backwards through time"

"Stupid bug, you go squish now!"

"That can't change the future, right?"
*animal shrugs*

*achoo* "This is gonna cost me..."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*turns sound off & looks away* NOPE NOPE NOPE. Very few things creep me out, but this is one of them.

DarkKyo

It always bugged me as a kid how the flat two-dimensional billboard featuring a giant Kent Brockman somehow becomes a fully three-dimensional monster.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep forgetting about this song, no matter how many times I see this....yet it's still so catchy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fun fact: The company that did the CGI for this segment would eventually do the animation for Shrek. It was by Pacific Data Images, who would later get bought by Dreamworks.

BatDan

Man, imagine being around in 1995 and seeing this on TV. Mind-blowing stuff.
I was only 5 so I didn't see it...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I saw Tron.......I mean, not when it was in theaters since I wasn't born yet, but still....

Also, kind of sad that this CGI looks better than the one used in Simpsons: Road Rage....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fun fact: The location that Homer was sent to was Venture Boulevard in Studio City, CA.

....no idea if it looks the same, considering it's been almost 20 years.

Blader

Man, imagine being around in 1995 and seeing this on TV. Mind-blowing stuff.
I was only 5 so I didn't see it...

I do remember seeing it when I was really young and thought Homer being in the real world was the coolest sight. I also had no idea what an erotic cake was.

UberTag

"I don't know, Bart. Something tells me Willie's still out there and that he could come back any time in any form and KILL us in ways we can't even imagine."

<flash forward 19 years to this season's THOH>

WilliesRevenge_zps62bc4526.png

BatDan

"I don't know Bart. Something tells me Willie's still out there and that he could come back any time in any form and KILL us in ways we can't even imagine."

<flash forward 19 years to this season's THOH>

WilliesRevenge_zps62bc4526.png

... Fuuuuuuck.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, don't know if that was intentional or not, but didn't notice that connection that when watching THoH 25.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH NO, THE THING IN THE ATTIC WAS ARTIE ZIFF!!!

.....wait, wrong episode.

Took me years to get that "bottlefeed" joke.

This mirror joke has to be one of my THoH jokes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Never got into this segment. I don't hate it by any means, but just not as good as the other two from this episode.

totoro'd

Wonder if Groening used this segment as inspiration for making Godfellas in Futurama later, which i guess was initially a Twilight Zone episode as well

UberTag

Abortions for all!
Boo!
Very well. No abortions for anyone!
Boo!
Abortions for some. Miniature American flags for others!
Yay!

BatDan

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."

I think this was the year that introduced the TV ratings, hence the joke.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fun fact: They actually had trouble with the censors getting that censors joke on the air. From the Simpsons Wiki:

The producers had trouble with the censors over several segments in this episode. The opening segment of the episode, which features Fox Censor the censor being stabbed to death and was pitched by David Mirkin, had a difficult time getting through the real life censors. They had issues with the size of the knife and the sound effects used. Originally Fox was stabbed with a dagger, but the censors found it too gruesome, but found the use of a sword acceptable, so it was used instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Another fact with the censors: They also had issues with Homer dancing naked on the altar in the church, so it was changed so that he was just dancing on the floor.

UberTag

Fun fact: They actually had trouble with the censors getting that censors joke on the air. From the Simpsons Wiki:
'Cause you mentioned David Mirkin... just a heads up that he came back to the show to write The Man Who Came to Be Dinner with Al Jean which airs right after New Year's.
Mirkin's only other writing credit in the show's history was Deep Space Homer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Troy McClure was suppose to host the execution, but sadly, Phil Hartman passed away, so they had to use Ed McMahon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom