• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I would loooove that. Especially if shadyspace's idea of a group of space stages was implemented. Mario could have his own chalet that would change as you complete more and more levels. That'd be fantastic. Release it in winter right around the holidays.. it'd be perfect.

Thanks, but unfortunately whenever a customer thinks of an idea on their own, its guaranteed to never come true. :lol :(

Anth0ny

Nintendo should copy sony a bit with E3. Sony is opening the doors to the first 200 random people for attending the conference. Good way to get some enthusiastic clapping etc

I'd fly to LA and camp out for a week to get in if they did it for Nintendo's conference.

I would loooove that. Especially if shadyspace's idea of a group of space stages was implemented. Mario could have his own chalet that would change as you complete more and more levels. That'd be fantastic. Release it in winter right around the holidays.. it'd be perfect.

....What was my idea?

HylianTom

Banned
....What was my idea?

That instead of having an entire game in space, we have just a section of space stages..
(that was your idea.. right?)(I hope my memory is working..)(d'oh!)

shadyspace said:
Did I say that?
I think so, but now I have to go back and look for the conversation..

edit: my memory was wrong, wrong, wrong.. It was the Congressman's idea. Sorry about that!
(very embarrassing... *blush*)

I'm still all for Super Mario Universe. This doesn't mean space, it could be different themed worlds like someone else said. Mushroom Kingdom, Subcon, Tanooki Land, Dinosaur Island, Delfino Isle, Space, Mario 64 paintings, Bowser's Lair in Hell, Star Road, all could be turned into their own planets that you explore.

Just open your mind up as much as Nintendo does!

I think so, but now I have to go back and look for the conversation..

edit: my memory was wrong, wrong, wrong.. It was the Congressman's idea. Sorry about that!
(very embarrassing... *blush*)

Haha, I was wondering about that. I thought, "well, I just said that, but maybe he also said it earlier."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yup.. this is the one..
NintendoE3ReminderEmail.jpg

Hmm wait? Nintendo occupies two days?

AntMurda

No.

A Nintendo rep said it would be, but PR people aren't necessarily kept up to date on these things. Plus, they're showing off NSMB2 for the 3DS for the first time at E3, and it just wouldn't make sense for them to unveil one 2D Mario game, and then 15 minutes later unveil another 2D Mario game. That's even ignoring the fact that they only have one team dedicated to the 2D Marios.

I'd put my money on it being a new 3D Mario, personally.

No way it is a 3D Mario game. It is absolutely going to be NSMB for both 3DS and Wii U. Two different games, with some compatibility features perhaps?

Nintendo already introduced the idea with Smash Bros. And may do it again with Animal Crossing. Who knows.

Neiteio

SUPER MARIO UTOPIA.

Or as Mario would say, "Su-pah Ma-ri-o, U-TO-PIA!"

The ultimate vacation, everything from a dinosaur-filled jungle safari to a snow-blanketed ski resort!

That is, until Bowser and the Koopalings show up to spoil the fun!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Fuck compatibility features. What a waste of time and brainpower. It doesn't work for the all of the userbase, and as such robs those who don't want to buy two of what will likely be similar games.

I'll reserve judgment for Smash but if this becomes a Nintendo trend... Grrr.

What are you guys gonna do if they show a Zelda teaser.

Depends. At this point I'm not entirely trusting of Aunoma's team. But that's just me.

Now if Koizumi was directing it... Yowzers!

No, I think it suggests that they feel sinking dev resources into a port to a new platform is too much of a risk for them at the moment. It may be a "simple port", but it's still time, money and personnel tied up.

I think they're mistaken, for what it's worth - the shooter market on the PS3/360 is saturated, and I don't see Metro performing well there, whereas it may have a chance to be a modest success on a new platform - but THQ are circling the drain, so they're going to go with what they see as "sure things" and avoid risk wherever possible.

Agreed. It's imo a mistake they will end up regretting unfortunately.

Whilst the U isn't going to be the ridiculous sales phenomenon that the Wii was (I personally don't think we'll see a console continually out of stock two years after release again) I think it would be a safe bet for it to have an installed userbase of 10-15m by the time the PS4 and 720 are released, and it's going to sell around half of that if Last Light is released in Q2 2013.

Any publishers with any sense would know that supporting a Nintendo console at launch with a quality title is a licence to print money. But then again, this is THQ we're talking about lol.

There's way too much overreaction in these threads lol, after E3 I think that some of us will probably be picking our jaws up off the floor. We don't need to worry about the power of the thing, we don't need to worry if it will run X, Y and Z engines and we don't need to worry about third party support. Relax, people, relax.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
SUPER MARIO UTOPIA.

Or as Mario would say, "Su-pah Ma-ri-o, U-TO-PIA!"

The ultimate vacation, everything from a dinosaur-filled jungle safari to a snow-blanketed ski resort!

That is, until Bowser and the Koopalings show up to spoil the fun!

Super Mario Circus™

Browser is the ringleader of a traveling circus. He and his band of Goomba Carnies kidnap the Princess and make her play a part in one of their acts. Mario has to rescue her, but first he needs to grow an even larger handlebar mustache in order to disguise himself and infiltrate their troupe as a new performer, Super Larrio.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nintendo should copy sony a bit with E3. Sony is opening the doors to the first 200 random people for attending the conference. Good way to get some enthusiastic clapping etc

You mean they no longer need the plants?

Super Mario Circus™

Browser is the ringleader of a traveling circus. He and his band of Goomba Carnies kidnap the Princess and make her play a part in one of their acts. Mario has to rescue her, but first he needs to grow an even larger handlebar mustache in order to disguise himself and infiltrate their troupe as a new performer, Super Larrio.

He's gonna have to grow an even bigger mullet if he's gonna stand a chance against those Goomba carnies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Can someone explain the finances behind releasing games on a new platform? And why it's such an apparent risk? Like, what goes into getting it on shelves?

Honest question.

People in the audience who make a good fuss over every announcement. Generate real-time buzz.

Gahiggidy

Since the Zelda orchestra will be back at E3, I think a big Zelda announcement is plausible. Zelda 3DS?

Oh, but I hope they aren't at the press conference. Too much time to take away from new games. Last year's Zelda intro was largely filler.

So between Castelvania, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Monster Hunter, Heroes of Ruin, King of Pirates and a few others I can't think of appearing on Nintendo platforms exclusively bodes well for 3rd party Japanese Wii U support?

Also, nearly 6.5 days. This time next week - we'll. know. everything.

Just read the past 20 pages that started with the report that Wii U won't be powerful enough to run UE4...

Anyone else feel sorry for BG and Eat lol, questions being thrown at them left and right today !, bet their fingers got a good workout ;).

As we are so close to E3 i would just like to thank both of them and Ideaman (wasn't around when Ihere posted myself) for taking the time to answer everyones questions multiple times and explain things to those of us that aren't very tech savvy.

The best thing for every Nintendo fan to do for this years E3 is not compare the Wii U to the *rumored* PS4 / 720 specs (how anyone could possibly know PS4 / 720 specs when they are over 18 months from release is beyond me, i doubt even Sony and MS are sure yet).

Don't even compare Wii U to the PS3 or 360.

This is Nintendo's first crack at the HD generation so compare the Wii U to the original Wii.

We will see graphics that astound us, an online network at least on the level of PSN and prob some sort of Achievement like system.

Then we have all the innovation that the tablet controller brings.

It's easy to feel down when news like this breaks but look on the bright side, we are less than a week away from seeing all our beloved IP's in glorious HD, running on a system that is at worst case scenario 40 times more powerful than the original Wii graphically and has 17 times more Ram.

If you thought Skyward Sword, Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were good, wait and see what they do on hardware 10 years more advanced.

Don't give up hope guys... Believe :).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anyone else feel sorry for BG and Eat lol, questions being thrown at them left and right today !, bet their fingers got a good workout ;).

If somebody asked me a question, I didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom