• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this? .. hard drive? It's about 10 pixels off-center so it can't be part of the TV stand.

7Odef.jpg
stand, as above said, but anyway, closer look:
uUX8d.jpg

Dr.Hadji

Nice that the Wii U Pro controller looks like it has a slot on the top for a USB connection. Was more worried about wireless interference in tourneys over whether or not the controller would be functional enough for high level play.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Does anyone have a screen of the dashboard with the menu in the left corner?
They said that the "Miiverse" or "Miiplaza" will be the first thing we'll see when we'll turn on the pad or the console, but I saw in the video also a parte where they were showing this manu bar on the left part of the screen...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The console itself here looks a bit different than what we saw at E3 2011. Though I didn't see any large differences when the white version was shown. It looks almost as some kind of expansion (like the 64DD) is attached to the console, or it has some kind of line that continues from the disc loader.

Does anyone have a screen of the dashboard with the menu in the left corner?
They said that the "Miiverse" or "Miiplaza" will be the first thing we'll see when we'll turn on the pad or the console, but I saw in the video also a parte where they were showing this manu bar on the left part of the screen...
you mean right corner?

Nice that the Wii U Pro controller looks like it has a slot on the top for a USB connection. Was more worried about wireless interference in tourneys over whether or not the controller would be functional enough for high level play.

It is possible, however unlikely, that the port is for charging only.

It's good to hear that the mods are aware of the trash invading all WiiU related threads. I hope they start cleaning it up soon because I'm sick of seing it. Reading this thread is a godsend compared to reading anything posted in the main forum.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9696

Oh.

I bet they will try to bring Sadness back to life, is NeoGAF ready though?
stump made a thread about it actually; guess he wasn't ready to say the least lol

and it's 'bloober' team now, btw

It's good to hear that the mods are aware of the trash invading all WiiU related threads. I hope they start cleaning it up soon, because I'm sick of seing it. Reading this thread is a godsend compared to reading anything posted in the main forum.
god bless who-ever decided to move this thread to community;
at first I wasn't happy about becoming idjits, but I now am happy that we become idjits
The only sidedown is that we won't see OT VII before the show, lol

After seeing this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38486098&postcount=3025

That zombie thing has got to be something more than just a mock up for a cheesy ad, right? Even if it's not a game, it surely wasn't made just for this, right?

It sure looks like a placeholder. From the horrible textures, to the low poly models, this would be absolutely embarassing as a current gen game.

It's just meant to portray a popular genre. If anything this would be part of Killerfreaks (with the london theme) but for that it would have to look worse than the version of last year.

The only thing strange about it is that it's clearly from a game engine instead of being CG. So, team took the time to at least code that on some engine.
It could be a internal demo Nintendo uses for testing.Like others have said if it's real we'll see it tomorrow,or Geoff Keighley would ask Reggie about it.

It's good to hear that the mods are aware of the trash invading all WiiU related threads. I hope they start cleaning it up soon because I'm sick of seing it. Reading this thread is a godsend compared to reading anything posted in the main forum.

I will put forward that some of the time, what is seen as trolling here is simply somebody posting a contrary opinion, such as "that 5x IGN rumour is exaggerated" or "many gamers want controllers they're used to". These people are often attacked right off the bat or are answered with "lol junior" instead of reasonable attempts to debate their points, so they lock down their positions into stubborn mode and become incredibly defensive.

NB: my phone originally tried to correct "they're used to" with "they're hard to".

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The horrible textures about match the amount of effort I expect Ubisoft to put into an exclusive Wii U game.

We'll see, though. One more day! :D

The horrible textures about match the amount of effort I expect Ubisoft to put into an exclusive Wii U game.

We'll see... though. On more day! :D
I doubt they want to make a game to compete with their killer freak one

---
btw, does those messages have dislike button?
Nintendo does what Facebook doesn't?

aeroslash

IF the zombie game is really what we can expect....

I really don't understand why Nintendo can use a spectacular game (graphically) to show the same thing..

I'm implying the Killer Freaks game may have turned into this. Something a bit more generic.
why should they stop using a very famous icon and instead opt for a generic shooter?

I think it's extremely unlikely; and plus, I believe even killer freak we saw last year looked better than this. It looks like HoD for wii.

maybe it's just a mod for it or something.

Donnie

It sure looks like a placeholder. From the horrible textures, to the low poly models, this would be absolutely embarassing as a current gen game.

It's just meant to portray a popular genre. If anything this would be part of Killerfreaks (with the london theme) but for that it would have to look worse than the version of last year.

Not sure how you can decide on the quality of textures there, the images are clearly low quality with lots of artifacts. Polys are certainly low in places though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
You guys sure that the zombie game is real? Seems like a mockup to me, I'm an expert

I don't know if it's real, but it's more likely than I originally thought when I saw the video. It was so quick I assumed it was just some CG bullshit.

As I said, we'll see tomorrow (or today if it's Ubisoft!)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just the idea that the zombie game was real and representative of the type of graphics the system can do makes me shudder. That would have been a horrible decision by Nintendo to use a real game that looked like that in their trailer.

BlackJace

Aw man, does this mean I have to get rid of my dream of custom wallpapers for the OS? What I've seen so far is nice, but I think were still stuck with white...

Not sure how you can decide on the quality of textures there, the images are clearly low quality with lots of artifacts. Polys are certainly low-ish in places though.

The hands are stiff for crying out loud. They stick off like a piece of wood.

This is a placeholder, through and through meant to show how Miiverse will be integrated into single player stuff other than Nintendos own games.

aeroslash

Not sure how you can decide on the quality of textures there, the images are clearly low quality with lots of artifacts. Polys are certainly low-ish in places though.

Even though you are right with the artifacts, it's clearly that the textures are nothing splendid..

You only have to look at the police zombies and at the zombie "boss". It's disappointing at least if this is a game.

Just the idea that the zombie game was real and representative of the type of graphics the system can do makes me shudder. That would have been a horrible decision by Nintendo to use a real game that looked like that in their trailer.
I am pretty sure there's no way that game being a 3rd party one; so maybe an internal download game or someshit; hopefully, no game at all

Rösti;38486901 said:
The console itself here looks a bit different than what we saw at E3 2011. Though I didn't see any large differences when the white version was shown. It looks almost as some kind of expansion (like the 64DD) is attached to the console, or it has some kind of line that continues from the disc loader.

This is the first thing I noticed when the console was shown in that video. Still looks different looking at it now in the stills.

Have we always been able to create winking Miis?
That's a Mii with an emoticon applied basically.

Donnie

The hands are stiff for crying out loud. They stick off like a piece of wood.

This is a placeholder, through and through meant to show how Miiverse will be integrated into single player stuff other than Nintendos own games.

Stiff?

Maybe it isn't a real game, I have no opinion on that, just saying you can't evaluate textures from low quality artefact ridden images.

effzee

Have to disagree there mate. Tiger Woods and Pro Evo were a million miles better on the Wii, and I'm still bloody annoyed that EA Sports didn't 'borrow' the pointer control scheme for FIFA.

Well I should have been more clear. I only play Madden and their NBA offering so I don't know how well the golf, FIFA, and other games translated.

But for Madden they did try, but to me it became more of a pain than intuitive or fun.

I do see plenty of potential for sports games in general with the tablet gamepad though. Especially for local multiplayer.

Anth0ny

This one?

WYbzB.jpg

You know, I'm starting to think more and more that we won't be able to transfer over virtual console games from Wii. Instead, they'll try to sell us on achievements and this "Dark Souls" style hint system for all the old games.

I'd probably buy a rebuy a bunch of old favorites for achievements alone.

Stiff?

Maybe it isn't a real game, I have no opinion on that, just saying you can't evaluate textures from low quality artefact ridden images.

Yes you can. The textures on the zombies faces are awfull. Even with the artifacts you can clearly see that they are low quality.

If this is what Killer Freaks turned into... then holy shit... cyberheater might just get to keep his avatar and be right about it.

DrSnaz

Neo Member
just got some exclusive infos about a Wii U download game developed by Shin'en (Jett Rocket, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! & Art of Balance TOUCH!)

- planned release date near at launch
- exclusive Wii U download game
- will be fully playable on the Wii U Gamepad
- option to switch between tv and Gamepad at every moment in the game
- multiplayer-mode
- player one uses wiimote on tv-screen, while player two plays on the Gamepad
- details about the game in Q3/2012

http://wiiu.nintendo-online.de/news...n-exklusivem-wii-u-titel-erste-informationen/

thefro

just got some exclusive infos about a Wii U download game developed by Shin'en (Jett Rocket, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! & Art of Balance TOUCH!)

- planned release date near at launch
- exclusive Wii U download game
- will be fully playable on the Wii U Gamepad
- option to switch between tv and Gamepad at every moment in the game
- multiplayer-mode
- player one uses wiimote on tv-screen, while player two plays on the Gamepad
- details about the game in Q3/2012

http://wiiu.nintendo-online.de/news...n-exklusivem-wii-u-titel-erste-informationen/

Knowing Shin'en's programming abilities, this game will probably look like Unreal Engine 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom