• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ahh today is torture already. I really hope EA has Wii U stuff. Cannot wait for Ubi

I'm still confused whether we're gonna have analog triggers or not.
I think most of us are.

I'm kind of hoping we do, at least one set. I do like that we have SOME digital triggers, though. I just tried F-Zero GX for the first time this weekend, and the mushy GC triggers combined with the fast-paced action... not sure they mesh as well as one'd like.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
sO9zn.png

hk8dN.png

Best pic of Evilore I could find.

I see that the Off-Topic forums are still up. Interesting.

Anyway, anybody here excited for the Microsoft conference? It starts in ten minutes!

About five hours until we see whether or not Ubisoft made an actual, concerted effort on the Wii U (that Rayman Origins trailer makes me optimistic), too!

Eradicate

It sure looks like a placeholder. From the horrible textures, to the low poly models, this would be absolutely embarassing as a current gen game.

It's just meant to portray a popular genre. If anything this would be part of Killerfreaks (with the london theme) but for that it would have to look worse than the version of last year.

Yeah, I agree with you entirely.

I don't think that this is a "real" game. That whole little story with the nerd was about comedy and showing off, conceptually, what playing with the Wii U would be like. Nerds like action figures and zombies, right?!

I do think they may have programmed it as a game, because it seems a little different than just animated out, but all they would have needed to do for this would make two rooms, a camera that can move around, some enemy models, and some effects. I'm not downplaying the effort, because it might be a "game," but it's probably just a really quick thing they made up just to demonstrate the type of game a hardcore gamer might play.

Donnie

Yes you can. The textures on the zombies faces are awfull. Even with the artifacts you can clearly see that they are low quality.

If this is what Killer Freaks turned into... then holy shit... cyberheater might just get to keep his avatar and be right about it.

I can see that the close up zombies face has very little detail obviously, the images aren't clear enough to judge all of the texture work is all I'm saying.

By the way, what would that have to do with Cyberheaters avatar? Doesn't he just have some silly "WiiU on par with 360" thing?

Effect

I'm surprised avatar's haven't been deactivated yet.

I figured this was why the site was down.

After last night's Nintendo Direct and the Miiverse I'm officially hyped for the Wii U. Was looking forward to it and interested but not hyped as I tried not to be. That pushed me over the edge. I'm a sucker for OS and user interface design.

Okay. I've done my part. Avatar is disabled until after N-Conf.

Who's with me!

*bro fist*

Anyways, after the ND stream I am excited to see what tomorrow brings. Obviously a more comprehensive look at NSMB Wii U, but I'm hoping for a new F-Zero title for the Wii U. HD racing with online competitive racing. You can use the gyro sensor in the Gamepad to move the controller side-to-side to ram into other vehicles or simply move your racer. These gyroscopic controls are in addition to standard analog controls. The Gamepad screen can be used to let you see the racers behind you.

Ala Alba

While I'm not able to watch Microsoft's conference, all the sentiment seems to be that Halo 4 is giving off a lot of Metroid Prime vibes.

Kinda makes me hope that Nintendo isn't also planning on showing Metroid Prime 4, but it also kinda makes me hope that they are, just for the competition.

While I'm not able to watch Microsoft's conference, all the sentiment seems to be that Halo 4 is giving off a lot of Metroid Prime vibes.

Kinda makes me hope that Nintendo isn't also planning on showing Metroid Prime 4, but it also kinda makes me hope that they are, just for the competition.

I don't see it.

It does look like Metroid Prime, but it still has no atmosphere in comparison.

Nintendo will automatically beat the Microsoft presser if they just show up and manage to talk about games for more than five minutes.

So the conferences have nowhere to go but up after this first one :/

Hope Nintendo doesn't do what MS is doing and focus way too much time on features that aren't games. I don't think they will but you never know.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So I'm going to miss the very end but so far CoD is a no show at MS conference.

Do you think it's possible it will be at Nintendo's and Microsoft lost it? That Splinter Cell looked an awful lot like CoD... I think on purpose.

Effect

The Xbox Smart Glass does seem interesting but those saying it steals the Wii U thunder are forgetting something. The Wii U Game Pad comes with the system. Xbox's tablet is bought separately. That will play a big part until their new system. Even then not unless they bundle it with the system. On top of Kinect that might be a bit much. I will admit it looks pretty good.

A positive will be if 3rd parties support it. If they do then that benefits the Wii U because it can do the same thing in addition to Nintendo's Miiverse system.

Guys just a heads up for tomorrow in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the IGN stream is DEFINITELY the best. They have HD and it hasn't stuttered a single second.

Do you think it's possible it will be at Nintendo's and Microsoft lost it? That Splinter Cell looked an awful lot like CoD... I think on purpose.
if it doesn't show up at MS conference it would be VERY interesting to see where it ends up exactly (sony or nintendo). Would be a huge shift. Should still show up me thinks.

That Tomb Raider game looks legit fun, though it gets a bit too cutsceney for my tastes towards the end.

Is it exclusive to the 360? edit: ah, only the DLC is exclusive. So PS3/360 as far as we know, yes?

edit:

Guys just a heads up for tomorrow in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the IGN stream is DEFINITELY the best. They have HD and it hasn't stuttered a single second.

if it doesn't show up at MS conference it would be VERY interesting to see where it ends up exactly (sony or nintendo). Would be a huge shift. Should still show up me thinks.

I haven't had any problems with Gamespot whatsoever.

Djamb3

So Microsoft just show us how Madden will work in WiiU.

Oh and smartglass will fail in gaming, as long as the tablet isn't the controller as well

Effect

I didn't expect it to show. I recall hearing that Microsoft's contract with Activision ended with Modern Warfare 3. I'm expecting it to be at Nintendo's to be honest. Nintendo I bet had to want to spend the money to show off the systems new graphics and interface. If it was going to be at Microsoft's it would have been shown already. However it wouldn't have been as it would have stolen the thunder from Halo 4, Gears, and Blacklist.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So Microsoft just show us how Madden will work in WiiU.

Oh and smartglass will fail in gaming, as long as the tablet isn't the controller as well

You'll have to keep switching between controllers, plus there are no buttons.

It's an okay feature, but it isn't anywhere near the same thing as Wii U.

Jindujun

Neo Member

Awful lot like CoD? Granted I've not played any CoD in a while and no Splinter Cell for years but if you ask me that whole gameplay session felt like Assassin's Creed to me, with a touch of V.A.T.S in the form of assigning shots to be carried out in session.

Indie game Chasing Aurora is getting released in the Nintendo WiiU eShop. Gameplay videos here and here.
"VIENNA, Austria – May 31, 2012 – Broken Rules announced the Nintendo Wii U™ eShop as the official launch platform of their game Chasing Aurora today. This highly anticipated indie game is scheduled to be released in late 2012. Chasing Aurora is an aerial action game that is set in the thin air of the Alps. It is a 2D open world action game featuring physics-based flight and air combat. The game has been nominated at the A MAZE Indie Games Award 2012 and was first shown to the public at LunarCade Shanghai.

Confirmed key features of the game include:
- Unique physics-based flight inspired by the age-old dream of human aviation.
- A fresh and mysterious world to explore.
- Outstanding 2D vector- and pixel-based art style right in the middle between origami and pop-up book.
- Challenging creature AI and spectacular physics- and frame-based animation.
- Original soundtrack performed on Alpine instruments andcomposed by Christof Dienz.
- A story-based single player campaign told without words.
- At least 4 different multiplayer game modes, some f them asymmetricand specifically built around the unique features of the Wii U™ GamePad."

I guess it's nice to see indie and small devs developing for the WiiU shop? Let's see how this turns out.

RE6 just looks like something that I don't really have a desire to play that bad. I'll end up playing it when it's cheap, but it doesn't seem like the series I loved. Not that I'm surprised. I'm sure the action oriented fans will be into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom