• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Plasma

Banned
I played through the first episode yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, just finished the second and while it was good it was a little short. Lets hope they're back on track now schedule wise and the third one won't take as long to release, I don't think I could stand waiting 3-4 months for another one.

Very short, but I imagine they added a bit of weight to the first episode so people didn't feel ripped off.

A much weaker episode overall to be honest.
Oh hey Snow White isn't dead! That felt kind of cheap. The murderer also isn't Crane. The episode sets up the plot device of cheap glamors (glamours?), he'd have no personal reason to leave the heads at the Woodlands as he'd be leading Bigby onto his trail, and he both couldn't and wouldn't have taken the photographs in such a compromising position. Although by smashing the mirror he did kinda murder a fable?

Sober

Very short, but I imagine they added a bit of weight to the first episode so people didn't feel ripped off.

A much weaker episode overall to be honest.
Oh hey Snow White isn't dead! That felt kind of cheap. The murderer also isn't Crane. The episode sets up the plot device of cheap glamors (glamours?), he'd have no personal reason to leave the heads at the Woodlands as he'd be leading Bigby onto his trail, and he both couldn't and wouldn't have taken the photographs in such a compromising position. Although by smashing the mirror he did kinda murder a fable?

Well it's pretty obvious Crane didn't commit the murder, but it looks bad for him; guess he was spying on Bigby. He definitely has the Snow fetish, but the real question is who is trying to frame Crane since it's obvious from what TJ said there were at least two people involved.

Really enjoyed the episode, had to take a break for half an hour in the middle so I didn't notice how short it was. Can't wait for the next episode

jakomocha

Any reason for why this is coming out a day late on the 360? Same thing happened with episode 1 I believe.

Also, how long is episode 2? It better be at least 2 hours considering how long it took them to deliver it.

Tacitus_

Any reason for why this is coming out a day late on the 360? Same thing happened with episode 1 I believe.

Also, how long is episode 2? It better be at least 2 hours considering how long it took them to deliver it.

I clocked in just shy of 1:30 for completion.

XBL digital/arcade releases have always been on Wednesdays, and on rare occasions on Fridays. PSN releases were originally on Thursdays but ended up switching to Tuesdays.

Cheska

How funny, I was just catching up on some Fables reading and thought I'd check when Episode 2 comes out. How ironic that it's today! :D

Roto13

Spoilers for the comics and the episode:

Just like how Snow White wasn't dead because she's alive in the comics, Crane isn't the murderer because he likely would have been tossed down the Witching Well if he was found guilty.

RPGCrazied

Loved it, but the PS3 performance seems worse than the first episode. Why can't it run like WD season 2? Much more smoother than this.

Pretty good episode. Kind of wish more happened in terms of uncovering more about the case. More substantial findings anyway. Had some odd stuttering and one conversation with Georgie where he was invisible, kind of like what happened with Duck in TWD once. And had a blue screen. Kind of disappointing since Episode 1 seemed pretty technically polished.

And yes, this episode seemed really short. I don't know if it was just cause it felt like a lot of it was retreading similar locations like the business office or just not many areas to explore but it felt a good deal shorter than Episode 1. I just hope Episode 3 doesn't take near 4 months to release.

Spoilers for the comics and the episode:

Just like how Snow White wasn't dead because she's alive in the comics, Crane isn't the murderer because he likely would have been tossed down the Witching Well if he was found guilty.

Comic and episode 2 spoilers
I'm guessing this whole thing could account for him not being deputy mayor though by the time the comics role around. They never went into detail with that in the comics did they? So maybe he's not the murderer but he's still a bit of a pervert and scumbag.

Yeah, me neither...

Wondering if that just takes some time for them to compile.

Is anyone running deals on season passes again for the release of the new episode? Haven't seen any but figured I may have missed one somewhere.

Ultimadrago

Wondering if that just takes some time for them to compile.

Yeah, perhaps that's it.

He did murder that mirror...

Are we sure it's "dead", so to speak? Sure, the mirror didn't appreciate Bigby threatening that same action in Episode 1. However, in a world of magic, does simply breaking the "All-seeing" mirror's glass kill it? Perhaps it simply bought him time to run tail without worrying about the mirror tattling.

Roto13

Yeah, perhaps that's it.

Are we sure it's "dead", so to speak? Sure, the mirror didn't appreciate Bigby threatening that same action in Episode 1. However, in a world of magic, does simply breaking the "All-seeing" mirror's glass kill it? Perhaps it simply bought him time to run tail without worrying about the mirror tattling.

The mirror is another character that's still alive in the comics. :p I guess it gets fixed. Or replaced.

Voror

Man, that rewind function is messed up. I'm trying to do a quick replay of the last chapter of episode 1 so I can have two save files with differences, but it simply doesn't seem to be working. It just stays there with that spinning wheel for about an hour now.

Ultimadrago

Minor comic info

The mirror is another character that's still alive in the comics. :p I guess it gets fixed. Or replaced.

I thought so. Thanks for the clarification.

Man, that rewind function is messed up. I'm trying to do a quick replay of the last chapter of episode 1 so I can have two save files with differences, but it simply doesn't seem to be working. It just stays there with that spinning wheel for about an hour now.

About an hour? Yikes. This is not your first time trying to load that file? I'd try the chapter before last in that case.

Voror

About an hour? Yikes. This is not your first time trying to load that file? I'd try the chapter before last in that case.

No, it's my finished file. I went to do a rewind of the last part, but selected another save slot to have two different ones. I thought it was taking long because of the size of the save perhaps, but an hour is a bit much.

grimmiq

Same issue with no choice screen, was a bit disappointing 1 hour after waiting 4 months, not going to play again until I can see my choices.

No regretful decisions made so far, but would probably change a few things in future playthroughs based on new info

Little Mermaid was nice to be so helpful despite the lips are sealed spell, would prefer to pay her myself than to have her spend $150 of her own limited cash.

Liked the episode, felt kind of short though.

After I got the key to room 204 I went straight to 207 and thats when the shit with Beast happened. What happens if you open 204 first?

Gbraga

After I got the key to room 204 I went straight to 207 and thats when the shit with Beast happened. What happens if you open 204 first?

Nothing. It's the same.

EDIT: The "investigation" was kinda offensive. It reminded me of an art teacher I had where every single question in her tests would have an answer that was clearly more elaborate than the others, and it was ALWAYS the right one.

The game was even giving me a pat on the back, YOU CONNECTED THE EVIDENCE!

Well, no shit, the other options made me look like a fucking moron.

Mononoke

Banned

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You walk into the room, you can only look at two things that don't add to the plot. Then you tell Beauty that you aren't here for this room, that you were given the key to know which hotel to go to. Pointless really.

Man oh man, I continue to really love this game. But it's more so the world/characters. Maybe I should just read the comics. The episode felt too short.
And the investigation part in the hotel was so easy, that I felt like the game was pandering to me. OMG you are right, you are connecting the dots. lol
All in all, I enjoyed it. But this wait between episodes is too much.

daydream

Banned
Played through episode 1 to prepare for ep. 2 hitting XBLA tomorrow/later today. Fantastic stuff. Artstyle, soundtrack, voice acting, characters - everything is top notch. Knew nothing about the universe, so I was overjoyed when I found out it's basically a detective game. I need more of those.

Only two things that bugged me: 1. missable achievements (TWD S01 didn't have them except for 400 Days; they're a terrible idea) 2. spotty performance (hate it when I miss the QTEs due to lag)

I have to say, I saw
the deaths of Faith and Snow coming, but they were still well done.
Can't wait for the rest of the season. First episode was quite long, too, so I don't mind if the second one is a bit shorter.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Episode 2 Discussion:

The length didn't bother me, I knew i'd be looking at around 2 hours an episode (same as it was for the last episode and every episode of The Walking Dead). Content-wise, I will agree I was a little disappointed; the first episode really introduced this concept of moral grey choices in your investigation, wherein picking one crime scene over another may have certain consequences, or tailing one suspect over another. This time around, the moral "greys" felt a little dull, rarely going beyond a Good Cop/Bad Cop thing. I was also hoping for at least a little bit of pay-off for choices i've made over the course of the last two episodes, which didn't end up really happening.

I still really enjoyed it, as I did with the last episode, but it's a shame that this is a notable step-down from the promising first episode. Always next time!

Oh and yeah, this game still has absolutely beautiful visuals. I don't usually care about graphics in games but god, the lighting and use of colour is breathtaking.

Lunzio

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You walk into the room, you can only look at two things that don't add to the plot. Then you tell Beauty that you aren't here for this room, that you were given the key to know which hotel to go to. Pointless really.

Man oh man, I continue to really love this game. But it's more so the world/characters. Maybe I should just read the comics. The episode felt too short.
And the investigation part in the hotel was so easy, that I felt like the game was pandering to me. OMG you are right, you are connecting the dots. lol
All in all, I enjoyed it. But this wait between episodes is too much.

Definitely read the comics! After I played Episode 1 I dug into 80 issues!

Nucl3arSnake

Neo Member
Damn this game, i cant get it out of my head. Same goes for music.
Waiting really payed off, i hope Episode 3 will come by a little quicker.

BearPawB

Banned
EP 2 was weaker than 1, but still definitely had its moments.

I really enjoyed the strip club scene. Although i played this entire episode pretty cool. Didn't smash anything really. Curious to see how everything goes if you play a destructive Bigby.

Jomjom

Banned
Somewhere I think in this thread, someone posted a link to a guide for reading all the Fable and Fable related works and in what order. Does anyone have that? I can't find it.

Purchased a bunch of the hardcover Deluxe editions because of this game.

Roto13

Guys, Georgie Porgie is my everything.
Somewhere I think in this thread, someone posted a link to a guide for reading all the Fable and Fable related works and in what order. Does anyone have that? I can't find it.

Purchased a bunch of the hardcover Deluxe editions because of this game.

I think it was this one.

Roto13

TJ was really well acted and written in that one scene. I guess that's to be expected from Clementine's voice actress.

kurahador

For some reason I didn't get a player choice screen...

Same here. There's also one annoying glitch where after I pick-up the money, it'll clip into Bigby's hand even in cutscenes.

Pretty good episode, though I'm surprised how different this episode turns out to be compared to the preview. Maybe Telltale really did changed the script.
Makes sense for this eps to be late and short...kinda.

AppleMIX

I think the whole point of the Crane thing was basically to compromise his position of power. No way he'll be able to keep his job after he hired a prostitute to dress up as one of his co-workers.

Enjoyed it overall, a little weaker than the first episode but still enjoyable.

Top Bottom