• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Telltale. I don't care if the issue right now is with MS. This line of thinking is the culmination of the way TT have handled TWAU from the very beginning and it's been been nothing short of insulting.

Months of silence with regards to the release date of the second episode, putting the first episode up for free within two months of launch as well as discounting the season pass...which was a nice slap in the face of people who bought both on day one.

And now we're dealing with a potentially four day delay? Fuck that, TT should be issuing refunds.

Refunds, or some other form of compensation. Four days while being a pain in the ass, isn't the biggest insult. It's the four months packed on top of the points you mentioned about giving Episode One away for free while discounting the season pass.

This wouldn't be the first time they've compensated buyers either, happened back when they delayed Jurassic Park Episode One by seven months the night of release.

Refunds, or some other form of compensation. Four days while being a pain in the ass, isn't the biggest insult. It's the four months packed on top of the points you mentioned about giving Episode One away for free while discounting the season pass.

This wouldn't be the first time they've compensated buyers either, happened back when they delayed Jurassic Park Episode One by seven months the night of release.

Absolutely. Compensation, in the form of a season pass to TWD S2 would be acceptable as well and would show that they do actually care about their fanbase and people who support them from day one...

Forsythia

It really isn't clear if this is the fault of Telltale or Microsoft. Either way, I do hope it won't happen every freaking episode (or with TWD season 2).

Alright so I just finished episode 2.

I decided to be a douche and ended up hitting Dee with the bottle. I thought it was interesting how that one little decision impacted how the interview with TJ went, and how he was afraid to talk to you. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Kind of knew Snow wouldn't be dead, but I was NOT expecting Crane to be behind the twisted sex fantasy.

That brings me to my next question,
what happens if you choose to enter room 204 first? Do you miss out on all that evidence?

Other than Dee, I was a total nice guy to everyone. Holly talked to me, I didn't break anything at the Pudding & Pie, and I got the mermaid girl to help me out. I could have been nicer to her though. Does that situation change at all if you're as nice as possible to her? Does she give you any more information or is all you get the key?

FluxWaveZ

Alright so I just finished episode 2.

I thought it was interesting how that one little decision impacted how the interview with TJ went, and how he was afraid to talk to you. I wasn't expecting that at all..
[/spoiler]

I thought that
TJ was initially afraid of Bigby because of how I treated his father in episode 1? Then again, it might be different if the player decides to see the Prince instead of Toad.

I thought that
TJ was initially afraid of Bigby because of how I treated his father in episode 1? Then again, it might be different if the player decides to see the Prince instead of Toad.

I saw the Prince before Toad, but in episode 2 Toad says that he saw Dee being tortured (if you did it), and Bigby asks him why he was spying.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished playing. What an amazing episode. Granted, it's not as action packed as the first one, but damn did it develop the plot immensely. This is becoming one of my absolute favourite games, and am hoping the next episode is released sooner. What a beautiful world they've created here!

Replicant

LOVE this game. There's just something about it that I like more than TWD.

Would double-dip if TT ever release this on next-gen machines with nice Steelbook containing all of the episodes.

daydream

Banned
Telltale. I don't care if the issue right now is with MS. This line of thinking is the culmination of the way TT have handled TWAU from the very beginning and it's been been nothing short of insulting.

Months of silence with regards to the release date of the second episode, putting the first episode up for free within two months of launch as well as discounting the season pass...which was a nice slap in the face of people who bought both on day one.

And now we're dealing with a potentially four day delay? Fuck that, TT should be issuing refunds.

Yeah, the delay for season pass buyers is just.. too much. I don't mind waiting a bit longer for a quality episode. I don't mind missing out on the early sale. That was absolutely my mistake, should have seen it coming. But not getting to play this today is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be comfortable making demands, though. If they feel that their supporters deserve some compensation, that would be a classy move. Double XP, perhaps?

That brings me to my next question,
what happens if you choose to enter room 204 first? Do you miss out on all that evidence?
Nothing happens, you just take a little detour, room contains nothing of interest, Bigby tells Beauty that's actually not the room he needed to enter and you're back to business. I wonder what happens if you try and open the room opposite to 204 though, the one where people were having sex. Was about to try and burst in but I thought better of it, as drawing attention to his presence there is probably not what Bigby would have done. Even though, in the light of the following mayhem, that seems kinda irrelevant.

LOVE this game. There's just something about it that I like more than TWD.

Would double-dip if TT ever release this on next-gen machines with nice Steelbook containing all of the episodes.

Totally agree, so much more intriguing than TWD. Better style.

Really disappointed by the length, even if it was a good bit of interesting story.

Nothing happens, you just take a little detour, room contains nothing of interest, Bigby tells Beauty that's actually not the room he needed to enter and you're back to business. I wonder what happens if you try and open the room opposite to 204 though, the one where people were having sex. Was about to try and burst in but I thought better of it, as drawing attention to his presence there is probably not what Bigby would have done. Even though, in the light of the following mayhem, that seems kinda irrelevant.

Hm, interesting. I'll have to try it later.
Entering the other one that is

jakomocha

When I contact MS they gave me some Xbox credit so that I could get the second episode because the season pass wasn't working.
Still shitty that it doesn't work.

Didn't offer me any Xbox Credit when I contacted Xbox Chat Support :(.
Did you specifically ask for it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gotta love having a snowday and not being able to get the thing you paid for. Maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow when I have class for 9 hours.

Might just be me...but this episode felt...off. Rushed.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but like others, I feel that it wasn't as strong as the first episode. Animations to me looked really janky and unfinished. A lot of weird/bizarre facial expressions and just a general quality missing that the first episode had in spades. Writing too was a little weak at times too. Especially the "investigation" section of the game. It's barely that.

I knew Snow was gonna come back at some point but not that soon, Damn.
What's weird is that I was almost starting to like Crane during that car scene in the beginning, then he started hating me again. Then there's the ending. Fuck you Crane! you're now a 10 on the asshole scale!
Jack's appearance in episode 2 was kind of exactly how I pictured it. How he just shows up acts cool then leaves, considering how the only preview of Jack we saw was that one screenshot during the delay, it makes sense. Hope he comes back though.
I also noticed how they changed episode 3's screen for some reason. Makes me think of how much of the writing they probably changed, probably explains the delay
Great episode though, now we must wait another 4 months, jk

I knew Snow was gonna come back at some point but not that soon, Damn.
What's weird is that I was almost starting to like Crane during that car scene in the beginning, then he started hating me again. Then there's the ending. Fuck you Crane! you're now a 10 on the asshole scale!
Jack's appearance in episode 2 was kind of exactly how I pictured it. How he just shows up acts cool then leaves, considering how the only preview of Jack we saw was that one screenshot during the delay, it makes sense. Hope he comes back though.
I also noticed how they changed episode 3's screen for some reason. Makes me think of how much of the writing they probably changed, probably explains the delay
Great episode though, now we must wait another 4 months, jk

Pretty much agree with everything you said. The note about writing in particular. The scenes they previewed at the end of the first episode aka "Next time on The Wolf Among Us", were different to how they ended up in this episode. The
fight between Beast and Bigby looked to take place in an alley in the preview, whereas it was completely different in the episode.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. The note about writing in particular. The scenes they previewed at the end of the first episode aka "Next time on The Wolf Among Us", were different to how they ended up in this episode. The
fight between Beast and Bigby looked to take place in an alley in the preview, whereas it was completely different in the episode.

They did a re-write between episodes 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead too, but this one seemed to change a lot more (or just leave a hell of a lot of it to not have happened yet).

Though the
Beast and Bigby change is probably just a bit of a staging change, like how you are talking to Georgie in the alley as well. Probably didn't have the sets for the love hotel and strip club done way back then.

It was a good episode, albeit shorter than I was expecting. I don't think I'm cut out for episodic gaming; I blasted through all of season 1 of The Walking Dead one weekend and it was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, and I loved it so much that I bought The Wolf Among Us blindly. Waiting months in between episodes is not nearly as satisfying as my continuous experience with The Walking Dead, even if the episodes on their own are just as good, quality-wise. At least now I know not to purchase into TWD Season 2 until it has completed its run.

Montresor

I made a thread for this but it died faster than the Ouya. =p

I noticed that this season pass mess for 360 owners still isn't fixed. This might not work for everyone. It works for me all the time (I did it yesterday with Episode 2, and a couple of years ago with Max Payne 3 and Gears of War 3).

If season pass content is released, but the season pass isn't giving you the content for free:

Step 1: Call MS Support

Step 2: Explain the problem (season pass content, aka episode 2 is not available for free to a season pass owner)

Step 3: Support agent searches your purchase history and proves you bought the season pass

Step 4: Buy Episode 2 at 5 bucks

Step 5: Support agent then gives you an immediate refund.

Carcetti

Since Telltale support forums are useless, maybe someone here knows:

I have the steam pc version of the game, can't download Episode 2.

When I go into the ingame menu, it says Episode 2 is available soon. When I click it, it says 'can't download now'.

I've done a fresh install. I've installed it on another pc. Nothing helps.

phoenixyz

Wow, that episode was disappointing. The whole thing feels rushed and unfinished (and short!), after 4 damn months!
I often had the feeling that there was some kind of dialogue which doesn't belong to my choices at all. For example when
Snow is angry with me for torturing Dee at the beginning, although I played the good-cop-route all the way (and later Jack blames you too). In general it was strange how hostile Snow acted towards Bigby all of a sudden.
. Also this episode was really bad at trying to fool you into thinking you have any control over what is happening or giving you feedback on your choices. Also, especially during
the interrogation
I had no idea what exactly Bigby would do when using a certain item or pressing a certain button, forcing me to restart the scene...

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
The performance on 360 is terrible.

The only parts hat were bad for me was the intro and next time on thing.
Otherwise I thought it was ok, although those two were awful, someone would say something and ten seconds later the picture would catch up.

Hubble

Can Telltale please discount the season pass again for compensation. I would like to buy it and would right away. I seen the content on my 360 but had no idea it was discounted during the XBL NYE event. It wasn't really clear it was

They should do something for season pass purchases, if this happens again with this or the walking dead I doubt I will buy anything of the sort again

Put me off season passes for life. The whole point of them is that you're supposed to be getting a better deal than people who buy individually. Otherwise there is quite literally no point to them whatsoever.

Put me off season passes for life. The whole point of them is that you're supposed to be getting a better deal than people who buy individually. Otherwise there is quite literally no point to them whatsoever.

A few times recently I've had to wait to download stuff with a season pass in-game after it's already been put up on the store - sometimes several hours (BioShock, AC4). Don't know if that's just a Microsoft thing.

Toa TAK

Banned
This is supposed to be fixed tomorrow, but ef that, I'm gonna be busy for awhile.

Called up customer support and got a refund on that season pass.

Never again Telltale. Don't do this to The Walking Dead.

Top Bottom