• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Prophezz

Banned
After reading these responses, looks like I'll hold off on episode 2 for a while. Damn shame Tell Tale is pulling this crap.

Ricker

Might be fixed now...just checked on the 360 and everything is there,the season pass says 14.99...didn't click the link though so maybe it gives you an error after...?...I will check in a few.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Might be fixed now...just checked on the 360 and everything is there,the season pass says 14.99...didn't click the link though so maybe it gives you an error after...?...I will check in a few.

Nope, still says 4.99 to download chapter 2.

thefil

Also chiming in having finished episode 2. I liked the episode a lot until room 207. Suddenly, you spend a bunch of time connecting the most obvious dots in the world while
Clementine
Beauty tells you you're brilliant. And those photos at the end -
Crane
can't really be the killer, right? I can't possibly believe someone would take a photo of themselves at the scene and then leave it behind. It's absurd. Also, the fact that the least likable character is the current suspect is pretty lame. I can only assume that the person who killed
Lily
was also wearing a glamour - and a good one. It will be equally shitty to have two "gotcha, it was a glamour" moments, though.

Montresor

Just received a code for ep 2 from Xbox since the Season Pass is still broken.

I received two codes sent as XBL messages to my tag. But I already bought episode 2 and then had support give me a refund yesterday.

Is it safe to give my codes away? Any chance of a ban hammer?

Montresor

No code for me as yet, starting to feel slightly angry about this, the support/live status hasn't been updated for nearly 24 hours.

Send me a PM good man. Called support and they confirmed it's okay to give away the code to whoever you want. I'll give one to my brother and one to you.

Send me a PM good man. Called support and they confirmed it's okay to give away the code to whoever you want. I'll give one to my brother and one to you.

Got my code a few minutes ago, nearly downloaded. Thanks a lot of the offer though pal :D Much appreciated

Why I love GAF right there

Permanently A

Nothing happens, you just take a little detour, room contains nothing of interest, Bigby tells Beauty that's actually not the room he needed to enter and you're back to business. I wonder what happens if you try and open the room opposite to 204 though, the one where people were having sex. Was about to try and burst in but I thought better of it, as drawing attention to his presence there is probably not what Bigby would have done. Even though, in the light of the following mayhem, that seems kinda irrelevant.

Entered the room with the people having sex just for shits and giggles, the guy just says Hey! and Bigby says sorry and leaves. You don't see the people inside.

Permanently A

Oh man, another thing I noticed... in the Episode 2 preview, Bigby is
hanging Crane over the Wishing Well.
Maybe Episode 2 was intended to be longer, and they had to cut it? Seems like you were supposed to
confront Crane after finding out the thing with Lily

rawktapus

Question: did anyone, in the first episode, choose to
arrest the woodsman instead of dee? how much does it change episode 2?

You interrogate him instead of Dee, and you learn a few things from him, like that he was seeing Lily, and she was supposed to show up at his apartment when Faith did instead. You also have the option later of telling Holly about this, and she and Gren get pissed about it. It seemed to have ramifactions in the episode 3 trailer.

Entered the room with the people having sex just for shits and giggles, the guy just says Hey! and Bigby says sorry and leaves. You don't see the people inside.

Heh, it would've pushed the game from an M to an AO rating if they did let you see what was going on. It's a pretty hard M as it is.
Pretty damn surprised with what I've seen so far in the two episodes I've played so far, this is possibly Telltale's most adult oriented series yet. The Walking Dead does not even come close in some respects, it felt rather cartoony at times, and this is supposed to be the one based on fairytales lol.

Permanently A

You interrogate him instead of Dee, and you learn a few things from him, like that he was seeing Lily, and she was supposed to show up at his apartment when Faith did instead. You also have the option later of telling Holly about this, and she and Gren get pissed about it. It seemed to have ramifactions in the episode 3 trailer.

I see, wow. That seems like important info, whereas you didn't really get much from Dee. What ramifications?

rawktapus

I see, wow. That seems like important info, whereas you didn't really get much from Dee. What ramifications?

I don't quite remember, but in the "Next Episode" trailer, Holly and Gren were pissed at the Woodsman, confronted him in the Trip Trap and Gren was threatening to scalp him with a knife. Come to think of it, there was an option not to tell Holly about the Woodsman's connections, so I wonder if that would have affected that scene at all.

I finished episode 2, it seemed alright.
Interrogating Dee seemed to reveal 0 information, maybe that's because I didn't hit him. Everything else was just kind of... okay. The twist at the end was a little unexpected to me, though. TJ's Swamp Thing shirt was awesome. Toad was worried about "The Woodman being let go" in the episode 2 preview, but he didn't show up for me... at all.

Just finished it, frame rate issues aside, this is fast becoming one of my favourite gaming series. Just hope we don't have the season pass problem in future.

Acosta

In the part about TJ.

When Snow asked me if I was ready to see the body I went with yes because I had checked the room before, but in the last moment I noticed that the image was pointing at the mirror, so maybe I could ask what they were watching before I came into. Did anyone try that?

Agree with the criticism of the pandering,
I didn't need Beauty to tell me how good I am connecting some very obvious clues

Good episode overall, less meaty than the original and weaker in general, especially as it´s a bit too white and black in the choices, which is not ideal for this kind of game. The biggest disappointment is that is a transition episode and it sucks when it finish and you realize you are in the fridge for good know how much time...

Man, I played The Walking Dead complete in one afternoon/night, I miss that but it was a miracle I didn't get spoiled doing that way and didn't want that risk with this.

jakomocha

Just a warning for those of us who bought the game on the Xbox:
I received a code in my messages box containing episode 2 and activated that on my computer on the Xbox Website (typing with a controller is a pain) but still can't download it on my 360. It seems like it will only download it if you enter the code on your Xbox 360 itself, meaning that I'm now gonna have to purchase Episode 2 and get refunded for it or receive Xbox Points. I still am prompted to buy the game even though I redeemed a free code for it AND bought the season pass.

So, when you get the code in your message box make sure you activate it on your 360 and not computer, just in case.

EDIT:
A customer support service person just told me that it doesn't seem like the redeem codes are working for anyone in general. So, has it worked for any of you guys?

It just downloaded out of the blue, so all seems to be working now.

Permanently A

You get that info by asking her
if she knows Dee. Which wouldn't be an option if he didn't put that in your head.
(or shouldn't be, I haven't actually tried, but seems like that's how it should work)

Oh, I see.

I think I'm going to replay with different choices to get all of it.

The voice acting/art style/scene direction is excellent imo, some of the best TellTale have done. Would love a next gen port, no hesitation in a double dip.

Toa TAK

Banned
Bluebeard's voice is perfect, I think. Exactly the voice I heard in my head when reading the first volume of Fables (hey, it was a long wait).

Oh man, another thing I noticed... in the Episode 2 preview, Bigby is
hanging Crane over the Wishing Well.
Maybe Episode 2 was intended to be longer, and they had to cut it? Seems like you were supposed to
confront Crane after finding out the thing with Lily

Yeah. Even Bigbys
full transformation into The Big Bad Wolf didn't happen in the second episode either
...pretty lame.

MarkusRJR

WTF? I bought the Season Pass and Ep. 1 at launch (got ripped off) and now episode 2 is saying I need to pay? What the fuck is going on?

TheFatMan

Unless you just skipped all the cutscene stuff (which I don't even know that you can do) completing all five in under two hours is impossible, although I agree four months is a long time for something like this I would hardly call it insulting though.

Sorry I should have been more specific, my sentence was easily misread. I meant it took me 2 hours to beat EACH episode (so roughly 10 hours total).

Top Bottom