• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Sloane

Banned
People need to stop acting like they made some big sneaky discovery by looking at stuff that happens in the game and guessing what it means. If they didn't want you to see that thing, they wouldn't have put it in there. There's no possible way they accidentally
showed everyone the killer
and then had to remake the whole game to fix it.
Did some "digging" because the whole episode weirded my out a bit with its shortness and meaningless decisions, don't know if anybody cares, but here's what I found, huge possible spoilers obviously:

This person was spot on, the guy's called the "Cryer", that's not even a secret anymore. Site seems offline right now, but you can easily google it.

Telltale has worked on episode 2 at least till mid January (so much for it being stuck in certification or whatever), and they've changed / cut a lot. The police was supposed to play a much bigger role, investigating the Fables in general. Bigby was supposed to have multiple run-ins with the cops (after chasing Dee, for example), the investigation with Brennigan didn't end with Crane conveniently wiping her memory, instead she inquired how it is possible that Bigby has been living at his place for 40 years.

There was an entire sequence in episode 2 in which Bigby had to steal a glamour from Jack Horner to turn into Brennigan and get the dead troll's body from the morgue before her glamour stopped working. I guess this would have let to Brennigan investigating Bigby in episode 3, might be why the preview image changed to Bigby chasing Crane or his car or whatever. Bigby also had another run-in with Brennigan at the strip club. All those cuts might explain why the episode felt so short.

Also, Crane's "thing" for snow white seems to have been implied much earlier originally. I don't remember exactly how it was handled in the final version of episode 2 but I believe Crane ordered it by Porgie and Bigby would have found out the truth (that Crane is not the killer) by the end of episode 2. Guess, Crane is Dee's client, or was. Oh, yeah, Beast mentioned The Boy Who Cried Wolf once without calling him by that name.

I assume that the story was originally much more about the Fables vs. the Mundies and Bigby becoming the suspect of the police, possibly framed by The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Guess it has become much more about finding the serial killer now, think the Headless Horseman's involvement is hinted at though, not sure.

Uhm, yeah, that's all.

gdt

Just got the sp in the PSN sale. I'm a huge fan of Fables so I was looking forward to this forever.

the music is stunning. Best score I've heard in a long time I think. I need to dig in more before I can comment in depth, but I'm enjoying the shit out of this.

I had completely forgot about this game.

Guess I'll download the episode, but I can't say I have anywhere near the interest I had months ago to actually sit down and play it.

Acti

All aboard!
tumblr_n0eb0rwiV41s4d1quo1_r1_400.gif

Jomjom

Banned
I need the rest of the episodes so badly, so I can begin reading all the Fable's deluxe volumes that I bought. I heard this game is set before the comics, so I'm refusing to begin getting into the comics before this series is over.

Roto13

I need the rest of the episodes so badly, so I can begin reading all the Fable's deluxe volumes that I bought. I heard this game is set before the comics, so I'm refusing to begin getting into the comics before this series is over.

That is really not necessary.

Lunzio

Dig into the comics. It's worth it since they don't necessarily affect one another. Plus, you'll be waiting a while.

Lunzio

Ah ok good to know! Going to open up Book 1 tonight then! I was afraid reading the comics would spoil something about the game.

Immediately after playing Episode 1 I picked up the series and just truck all the way to Issue 80. Haven't had time to go back to it since, but I will say that the existence of some characters in the comics may be considered spoilers, but there has been no overlap other than that thus far. The game seems like it will exist as it's own entity. With the knowledge of the comics, I actually think it's more interesting to see how they contrive/solve the problems in the game.

Ah ok good to know! Going to open up Book 1 tonight then! I was afraid reading the comics would spoil something about the game.

Reading the books will actually give you a better understanding of the context of the world. Why this story matters in particular. This is one of Bigby's first cases, when Fabletown still distrusts him.

Adry9

Reading the books will actually give you a better understanding of the context of the world. Why this story matters in particular. This is one of Bigby's first cases, when Fabletown still distrusts him.
That means there's plenty of content for future seasons right? Awesome.

That means there's plenty of content for future seasons right? Awesome.

I have no doubt we'll get a Wolf S2.

Honestly, Fables is one of those serials in which there are very few ways you can possibly fuck up a prequel. It's not written in such a way that things have to happen in the past.

We might even get a sequel with the series ending.

A post-comic S2 would be very appealing.

Hahahah unbefuckinglievable. I never even bothered downloading Ep 2 after so much hassle last time.

Guess we can expect our download codes in a week or two.

It really is a joke. I'll never be supporting TT again after this shambles.

Episode 3 isn't going to be up on live until tomorrow, unless I'm missing something.

It's listed as available to download in the episodes menu. 627mb.

Montresor

360 guys shouldn't fret. You should have a healthy dose of "No foreskin off my back" and a small, calm helping of "Telltale sure is incompetent".

Telltale is a jerkoff company but if you are a season pass owner it is incredibly easy to still download the episode at no cost, even if the base game still has broken season pass integration. Call up support, tell them you're a season pass owner, then buy episode 3, and get them to process an immediate $5 refund.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
It really is a joke. I'll never be supporting TT again after this shambles.

It's listed as available to download in the episodes menu. 627mb.

You can't download it because it's not out yet not because of the season pass.
People who don't have a season pass can't get it either

"Retail version after all episodes are released, you can get a special edition disc at Telltale's website."

Is that really true? I didn't know this. They're doing this crap backwards. I'm not going to shell out for the damn disc after having played all the episodes digital, but I sure would have loved to have a disc instead.

Whether there will be a retail version or not I think the entire business model for these games is flawed. It should all be done first and then released. And because they are doing it this way, having delays like we've had is really unacceptable. I won't be supporting TT after Wolf is over.

Top Bottom