• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Just finished it. Probably the best episode so far in both TWAU and TWD2.

Spared Dum. By the book.

Gotta agree. Best episode so far..

the part where you get to tell Bloody Mary to "Fuck off" and then u get shot and then u start getting back up turning into the big bad wolf....AWE MAN SO EPIC!!!

God, the story and characters are so good. I wish we could get this as a real show on HBO or something.

RPGCrazied

Doubt it, but does it run better than the last episode on PS3? Don't know if I want to play through that bad of performance again.

Roto13

Alright, I like the dialogue choices for the most part, but sometimes they can be kind of misleading. Stuff like (episode 3 spoiler)
thinking you're just telling Crane to get up and Bigby goes "GET THE FUCK UP!", or considering that Auntie Whatsherface has another use and Bigby goes on about hiring her
. It's nothing terrible, but it can be a bit annoying. Good episode nonetheless imo, I can't say I don't regret waiting till they're all out though. This 2 months+ wait every time is killing me, haha.

[GLASS HIM]

Nzyme32

Finished episode 3, and while it was thoroughly enjoyable, I again felt it was on the short side. Worse still though, without spoiling anything, I was frustrated to find a section that just didn't resonate with me at all because all the options were so far away from what I wanted to say - especially at a time that felt like it was asking for your specific input. I have never had that issue in any episode of both this and the walking dead. It completely threw me out of the game.

JustinBB7

WHY ARE THESE SO SHORT :(

Season 1 walking dead eps were all about 2 to 2 and a half hours except for the 5th ep, but Season 2 of that has been shorter so far and Wolf Among Us has been super shot every ep so far too :(

Sucks so hard, that aside I loves this ep, hot damn.

I spared him, but I wanted to kill him, if Snow wasn't there I would have 100% but I was already being mean a lot throughout so I didn't want to go in all the way with that I guess. I'm sure she'll be pretty pissed off and other Fables will just keep giving me shit about it.

Still not sure, but I guess I'll stick with it for now. But since it's Telltale he might die anyway next ep anyway or just not appear that much anymore..

Now the wait begins.

It was pretty fun. But these cats can't keep knocking out cliffhanger after cliffhanger when releases are so far apart.

I can't imagine their ridiculous release plan being positive for the success of the game.

FluxWaveZ

This was my favorite episode so far. A lot happened and it was fun and entertaining pretty much all the way through.

I wanted to kill Dum, but my Bigby's not a killer and has avoided unnecessary violence thus far. I'd kill Bloody Mary at the first chance I got, though.

A lot's happening in the story now, though. I wonder if they'll be able to wrap things up nicely in the final episode without it being a blatant set-up for a season 2.

Kimaka

I've been playing a reformed Bigby,
but I tore out Dum's throat. These assholes have been giving me shit since they showed up and were filling me with bullets. At that point it was self defense. Despite what the preview said, I doubt the Fables I've met will care. The twins interrupted a funeral and then shot up some of the guests. Screw them.

I thought the exchange Snow and Bigby had after arresting Crane was hilarious. I tell Crane that he is lucky Snow was there otherwise I wouldn't have been so nice. Snow then goes off on Bigby saying that he couldn't go around town acting without restraint. Excuse me? Who wanted to burn the tree that was a Fable's only livelihood because it sure as fuck wasn't me?

I wish they would let me question the strippers or Georgie about the scarves around their neck. That looks like a big clue on what's going on.

This was the best episode so far. I'm starting to like this more than the Walking Dead. It may not have as many shocking moments, but I enjoy investigating and questioning people.

Roto13

I wish they would let me question the strippers or Georgie about the scarves around their neck. That looks like a big clue on what's going on. [/SPOILER]

That definitely wouldn't lead anywhere, though.

EDIT:
I like that my handprint stayed in Crane's face after I bitchslapped him. I laughed.
Spoiler.

Kimaka

That definitely wouldn't lead anywhere, though.

The strippers obviously wouldn't spill but it would at least make Bigby realize the connection. Then we can go beat it out of Georgie. The scarves seem like an enchantment to keep the prostitutes from talking probably put there by Georgie to keep his customers protected. Though the mirror said the same catch phrase, I'm thinking that trying to figure out how to get the scarves removed will help because they keep tugging on it as if that's the thing preventing them from saying more. They could be under a different but similar spell that the mirror is under. Unless that's the only thing keeping their heads from falling off and why they're highlighting them.

Hope on the final episode there a scene where we get to throw every A-hole thats gotten in my way down the witching well.That is If we dont get to kill them ourselves atleast

hohoXD123

Wow, I can actually say that there weren't any performance issues at all with this episode on PC, even in the recap/coming soon parts. Have Telltale fixed their engine?!

Damn that was one awesome episode, definitely the best one so far for me.
Felt so badass in full wolf form.

Volcynika

Really enjoyed the episode and liked the ending of it.
Spared Dum, though I was tempted to rip him up!

Need to go back and unlock 3 or so Book of Fables entries still, though.

JustinBB7

Wow, I can actually say that there weren't any performance issues at all with this episode on PC, even in the recap/coming soon parts. Have Telltale fixed their engine?!

Damn that was one awesome episode, definitely the best one so far for me.
Felt so badass in full wolf form.

All recent Telltale games have run fine on my PC. What issues did you have before?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Great eoisode, better than the last two I would say.

Ripping dum's throat out put it at number one for me :D

SimSimIV

There seems to be three kinds of people when it comes to this episode:

Killes Dum because he deserves it

Spares Dum because it's hearless to execute someone like that

Spares Dum because Snow is there watching

I personally don't get nr 2 in this situation, and I was nr 3 myself:p

Tacitus_

I don't really understand people who have Snow as their morality pet. Especially after what she tried to make you do in this episode.

hohoXD123

All recent Telltale games have run fine on my PC. What issues did you have before?

Just a lot of stuttering and freezes between scene changes mainly

Kills Dum for the lols

I don't really understand people who have Snow as their morality pet. Especially after what she tried to make you do in this episode
Spoiler tag worthy don't you think?

SimSimIV

Haha, that I do understand :lol
I'm just not one to roll over to please someone for that reason.

And that's why I
spared Dum as my own choice
and
refused to burn down the tree, even though it would probably lead to an Instant BJ
. I think we can agree:p

Acosta

#3 Here, guilty as charged.

It´s not that
I consider Snow a really good morale compass and I spared the tree, but I care for how she sees Bigby

Fantastic episode, sometimes I wish I had played the five episodes in one run as I did for The Walking Dead, but hard to resist, I was hyped because I like Fables much more than the Walking Dead (I actually have managed to put The Walking Dead S2 in hold until the season is complete).

Acti

lol
fuck that, dude deserved it. Hopefully you get to do the same thing to bloody Mary

He's just a dumb fuck. But that Bloody BITCH is fucking dead to me. I don't give a flying fuck if Snow's want her to live. If I get the chance she's fucking DEAD!

hohoXD123

The ginger is
The Crooked Man
. Sherlock quote:
"Noone ever thinks about the cabbie"

I thought that initially too, but right at the end when he signals to Mary, didn't we get a glimpse of his black hair? Could have just been shadows I suppose.

Fuz

Banned
Great episode.
Not as good as the first one, but WAY better than ep.2.

Still...
wasn't Lily missing? And Woody knew all along? Doesn't really makes sense.

Also, I feel that
Bloody Mary tries too hard, and from the comics Bigby looked way, WAY more dangerous than he looks at the end. He could have tore all of them apart.

NySpeed

Are any of you guys experiencing (or heard of) technical issues with this game? More importantly, saving problems between episodes like the Walking Dead had? I see this is on sale on steam and i was thinking of getting it...

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
He's just a dumb fuck. But that Bloody BITCH is fucking dead to me. I don't give a flying fuck if Snow's want her to live. If I get the chance she's fucking DEAD!

It might be the first choice where everyone does that

"You and 100% of other people Bloody Mary"

culafia

I finished episode 3. Best episode yet.

I really, REALLY hope this isn't leading to a
Surprise, it's fucking Bluebeard!
moment. They really just WANT us to think it's him, right? They're not going to screw this game up and make the killer THAT obvious, right?
No comic spoilers please

SimSimIV

Whenever that mirror is fixed you better believe I will come running and Bloody Mary the shit out of it. Then left click and Q her to death

hohoXD123

Are any of you guys experiencing (or heard of) technical issues with this game? More importantly, saving problems between episodes like the Walking Dead had? I see this is on sale on steam and i was thinking of getting it...

Episodes 1 and 2 had some slight stuttering and freezes between scene changes, episode 3 ran perfectly. Haven't heard of any save glitches. So yeah, do it.

When I finished it last night it said that 53% of people killed Dum. Surprised it's so low.

I wasn't able to scroll through the choices list at the end of episode 3. Can't do it via the Extras menu either. Anyone else get this problem?

Kajiba

Finished it. Definitely was the best episode. Ending was something to think about.

Seeing that
white mess under crane's desk
made me laugh a little bit. Creepy stuff.

SimSimIV

Finished it. Definitely was the best episode. Ending was something to think about.

Seeing that
white mess under crane's desk
made me laugh a little bit. Creepy stuff.

What white mess? :O Was it in Crane's appartment, because I went there 1st and caught Jack robbing the place, so I didn't get to investigate the room

Deadstar

I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves. It's 1000 times better than The Walking Dead, which I liked but not that much. This game is just so interesting. The characters are complex and you never know what's going to happen. The graphics are great as well and I think the detective angle really works. I'm constantly wondering what is going on. If anyone liked Walking Dead even in the least bit this is for you as it blows that away. I wish someone would have hyped this game for me. It didn't even look interesting and was really surprised when I started playing it.

SimSimIV

I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves. It's 1000 times better than The Walking Dead, which I liked but not that much. This game is just so interesting. The characters are complex and you never know what's going to happen. The graphics are great as well and I think the detective angle really works. I'm constantly wondering what is going on. If anyone liked Walking Dead even in the least bit this is for you as it blows that away. I wish someone would have hyped this game for me. It didn't even look interesting and was really surprised when I started playing it.

I agree, but there are some things that I don't like with this game as well. Someone already mentioned it, and it's the somewhat Limited "opinion" options and reply options that are kind of misleading. For example:
I was pretty sure that Crane was being framed/wasn't the murderer from episode 2, but even after choosing all the options that did NOT give the impression of Crane being the murderer, I couldn't change the fact that Wolf gets surprised and angry when Snow says Crane might not be the murderer.
I guess the Choices have to be somewhat plot driven though, so it's not a huge negative for me.

So much better than Ep 2

Also I love being able to keep my running gag going of not talking to Georgie and just fucking his shit up.

I'd been a pretty nice guy up to that point but when you
try to kill the Big Bad Wolf you either win or you die.

A lesson Westeros will learn fast next year.

Great episode, better than Episode 2. I shall spoiler my decisions:

-Did not interrupt Snow.
-Went to Cranes apartment first, Tweedle office second and Trip Trap last.
-Confiscated the money in the apartment.
-Hired Fly eater.
-Did not burn Aunty Greenleaf's tree.
-Hired Aunty Greenleaf.
-Killed Dum.

Top Bottom