• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Kinyou

"Retail version after all episodes are released, you can get a special edition disc at Telltale's website."

Is that really true? I didn't know this. They're doing this crap backwards. I'm not going to shell out for the damn disc after having played all the episodes digital, but I sure would have loved to have a disc instead.

Whether there will be a retail version or not I think the entire business model for these games is flawed. It should all be done first and then released. And because they are doing it this way, having delays like we've had is really unacceptable. I won't be supporting TT after Wolf is over.
They always did it this way. Episodes released digitally and retail disc later when all episodes are done.

What you can really harp on is that the retail version of Walking Dead was simply broken and downright unplayable

wetflame

Pizza Dog
"Retail version after all episodes are released, you can get a special edition disc at Telltale's website."

Is that really true? I didn't know this. They're doing this crap backwards. I'm not going to shell out for the damn disc after having played all the episodes digital, but I sure would have loved to have a disc instead.

Whether there will be a retail version or not I think the entire business model for these games is flawed. It should all be done first and then released. And because they are doing it this way, having delays like we've had is really unacceptable. I won't be supporting TT after Wolf is over.

That's how episodic games work, you're entirely within your rights to not want to support that model, or to wait until all episodes are released to get the game, but going into it you've got to accept that delays may happen. They are annoying and/or frustrating, but that's what you get with episodic games. I'm guessing Telltale do it that way as it allows them to recoup the costs of the whole season during development.

As for the physical disc, now you know that next time if you wait you can get the disc once the season's done and enjoy it that way. I might be wrong, but don't they include the price of the digital season pass in the physical disc option anyway? At least on PC. I did it with Monkey Island. Played the games through digital downloads and then got sent the disc at the end of the season.

I am waiting until Episode 5 draws near to play it. I hear good things. I will check on the thread when I get caught up to avoid the spoilers.

Linius

So third episode is releasing then, nice! I have an XBLA season pass, do I get another download code tomorrow or will it work properly this time?

You can't download it because it's not out yet not because of the season pass.
People who don't have a season pass can't get it either

You say this and yet the game clearly says the episode is available to download and I even had a pop up message informing me the episode was available to download...

oJjehRS.jpg

i93ojZi.jpg

Perhaps Telltale and MS should get their shit together and not update the game to show there's a new episode available if there isn't.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
You say this and yet the game clearly says the episode is available to download and I even had a pop up message informing me the episode was available to download...

Perhaps Telltale and MS should get their shit together and not update the game to show there's a new episode available if there isn't.

Yes, that little red sign is to say it is not up yet.
It happened with the Walking dead as well and the season pass worked just fine.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we'll see tomorrow. My anger was justified though in that it instantly reminded me of the issues that surrounded episode 2...

In a murder suicide pact with Telltale, sure.

It's fine, like I said TWD was the excat same.
But the reason for the red sign is most likely because the season pass on Xbox is complete shit, but whatever.

I find it funny that every post he seems to hate telltale, and he is second on the posts of fame for this thread.

I was really hyped for this after TWD S1 and after playing the first episode and then it all went to shit. I feel my hate is somewhat justified when you factor in how early adopters have been treated with the first episode going free within a couple of months and the season pass going on sale in the same time-frame.

Let's not forget this was all done with absolutely no updates on the when we could expect episode 2. Not to mention all the issues surrounding episode 2...from it not being available to season pass holders to it being one of the buggiest pieces of content ever released.

JustinBB7

I don't get why all the complainers just buy it on Steam, these games run on a toaster and they always release on Steam on the first day every time. There's no reason not to get it on PC. Console version all run like shit and are always late or something.

This isn't news either, it's been sucking on consoles since WD season 1. Can even get some nice cheap deals on PC too sometimes.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I was really hyped for this after TWD S1 and after playing the first episode and then it all went to shit. I feel my hate is somewhat justified when you factor in how early adopters have been treated with the first episode going free within a couple of months and the season pass going on sale in the same time-frame.

Let's not forget this was all done with absolutely no updates on the when we could expect episode 2. Not to mention all the issues surrounding episode 2...from it not being available to season pass holders to it being one of the buggiest pieces of content ever released.

Yeah episode 2 was terrible leading up to it, but I wasn't saying your hate isn't justified just that it's funny that you post so much about it.

I don't get why all the complainers just buy it on Steam, these games run on a toaster and they always release on Steam on the first day every time. There's no reason not to get it on PC. Console version all run like shit and are always late or something.

This isn't news either, it's been sucking on consoles since WD season 1. Can even get some nice cheap deals on PC too sometimes.

My PC can barely run Clicking bad though :D

Roto13

The Walking Dead season 2 runs really well on PS3. The Wolf Among Us doesn't, though.

Anyway, downloading now on Steam. Whoop!

JustinBB7

My PC can barely run Clicking bad though :D

Get a toaster 2.0!

The Walking Dead season 2 runs really well on PS3. The Wolf Among Us doesn't, though.

Anyway, downloading now on Steam. Whoop!

Yea I read that, but all the other problems are still there, if you want to play Telltale games the fastest/easiest way is to just get it on Steam. (save game bug hasn't appeared yet in Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2 right? I dunno if this was on consoles too or not.)

My download if finished, gonna play it at midnight like I always do!

Roto13

The where-to-go choice has three options instead of two. Unprecedented.

Ha.
"Gren won't remember this."

Linius

My previous laptop couldn't run The Wolf Among Us at all. Was an MSI CX620 with shitty specs. So what you would call a toaster I guess :p

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can't wait to play this. Hopefully tomorrow.

Should Telltale continue this into season 2, or should they concentrate on a new series? Maybe Sandman? Shieeeeet!

Goddamn this was good. So good.

Totally ripped his fucking throat out and I've been playing nice so far otherwise.

I spared him. Goddamn at that silver bullet scene, though.

It was a fantastic episode. That
triple choice
had me scratching my head, and during the
Auntie Greenleaf
section I was doubting so hard that I ultimately just did nothing.
I wanted to fucking confiscate the tree, but nooooo.

All in all, excellent. A lot better than the second episode, because shit actually happened here.

My achievements didn't unlock in Steam, though, even though I got them in-game.

My previous laptop couldn't run The Wolf Among Us at all. Was an MSI CX620 with shitty specs. So what you would call a toaster I guess :p

My laptop can run older games (and stuff like this) fine, but my shitty i3 processor will eventually just hit a spike to 100%, causing my PC to go to desktop and tell me there's "not enough memory available". Just waiting for a minute and resuming works fine. In Telltale's games, I can just go back to the game immediately. Fallout 3 tends to crash completely. ><

jiggles

Banned
Yep. Fucking brilliant. I was worried after episode 2's apparent rewrite that there'd be a knock-on effect for the whole series, but this was a return to greatness.

Linius

My laptop can run older games (and stuff like this) fine, but my shitty i3 processor will eventually just hit a spike to 100%, causing my PC to go to desktop and tell me there's "not enough memory available". Just waiting for a minute and resuming works fine. In Telltale's games, I can just go back to the game immediately. Fallout 3 tends to crash completely. ><

I tryed to play this game on my old laptop. It was 'playable' up to the first time where I had to hit certain buttons for QTE's. It was so laggy that it was impossible to do it :p

Roto13

Goddamn this was good. So good.

Totally ripped his fucking throat out and I've been playing nice so far otherwise.

It took all of my strength not to do that.

I love Flycatcher but he was the only person I yelled at in the whole thing. :p

Tacitus_

I spared him. Goddamn at that silver bullet scene, though.

It was a fantastic episode. That
triple choice
had me scratching my head, and during the
Auntie Greenleaf
section I was doubting so hard that I ultimately just did nothing.
I wanted to fucking confiscate the tree, but nooooo.
<

Justifiable self defense >_>
Fuckers pumped how many shells to Wolfy?

Great episode, but I must admit I was a bit disappointed with
Bigby's wolf form. Though I'm gonna assume that wasn't the full transformation since he turns into an actual wolf in the comics.

Also, I've been playing as Nice Bigby but I
eagerly ripped out Dum's throat. Good riddance.

DukeBobby

Great episode. Not as good as the first, but a huge improvement over the second.

Ending spoilers:
I ripped that fucker's throat out. I can't believe nearly 50% didn't. I've been wanting to do that since episode one.

If you
go to Crane's first and then the Twins office, do you get to Greenleaf's early? I arrived 14 minutes late.

Also didn't kill Dum. Not with Snow watching.

Applebite

Alright, I like the dialogue choices for the most part, but sometimes they can be kind of misleading. Stuff like (episode 3 spoiler)
thinking you're just telling Crane to get up and Bigby goes "GET THE FUCK UP!", or considering that Auntie Whatsherface has another use and Bigby goes on about hiring her
. It's nothing terrible, but it can be a bit annoying. Good episode nonetheless imo, I can't say I don't regret waiting till they're all out though. This 2 months+ wait every time is killing me, haha.

Enco

I
killed Dum because the twins piss me off so much.

Thinking about replaying it though.

I ripped off that guys arm near the beginning and felt just as bad.

This game makes me feel like a bad person.

Top Bottom