• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Wait, only 19% of player
burned the witch's tree?

Not sure if it was a smart move.

I was thinking of
poor Mr. Toad and the other poor fables.

Although I was suprised to see so many
hired her. I wanted to as well but thought it was such a ridiculous suggestion that Snow would snap and destroy the tree herself so I simply reused to burn the tree.

Wait, only 19% of player
burned the witch's tree?

Not sure if it was a smart move.

I wasn't gonna burn the tree, was trying to compromise, but then she was all "screw you I wouldn't work on the 13th floor anyway!" when I first suggested it. So fuck compromise, BURN.

Roto13

A big overarching point of this game is that Fabletown totally sucks at looking after the less fortunate Fables. Burning the tree and destroying that woman's livelihood doesn't do much to change that. Remember that there's not actually a law against making bootleg glamours. :p

Just finished the episode.

That was...something else.

I chose to go to the bar first, I probably should have gone to Crane's apartment. But oh well, I still got the clue I needed so it all worked out. I wonder how things would have been different though.

Bluebeard is a giant turd, the only reason I didn't tell him to fuck off was because I didn't want Snow to think I was a sadistic asshole or something. God I really hope they end up together.

I decided not to burn the tree, because I have a hunch it and Aunty Greenleaf will be useful later on. I'm just not sure how yet. I was going to hire her but then I realized how much of a colossal mistake that would be and how badly it could potentially ruin the investigation.

Loved Bloody Mary's intro; she seems like a real bitch and an awesome villain. I ended up not killing Dee (or was it Dum? I'm not sure) because I figured he could return the favor someday. Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but who knows?

All in all, it was a great episode. Can't wait for the next one!

A big overarching point of this game is that Fabletown totally sucks at looking after the less fortunate Fables. Burning the tree and destroying that woman's livelihood doesn't do much to change that. Remember that there's not actually a law against making bootleg glamours. :p

Meh, there was no evidence she was doing any good at all, but evidence she was aiding criminals.

The official channels may suck, but sure seemed like she sucked too. Burn it all.

cripterion

I burned the tree and killed Dum and that felt good, wish I could have gotten the other brother too, I mean fuckers are shooting to kill and I should let them go? Hell no!

Crayons

Banned
I just played through the first three episodes. Damn, this game is good. More people should play it.

I killed Tweedle Dum because I wanted that rotten little cunt dead since episode 1, but the preview in the next episode showed that Snow is upset because other people in the town will think I went back to my old ways.

I just played through the first three episodes. Damn, this game is good. More people should play it.

I killed Tweedle Dum because I wanted that rotten little cunt dead since episode 1, but the preview in the next episode showed that Snow is upset because other people in the town will think I went back to my old ways.

That's why
I didn't kill him. They were always hammering on how Bigby "was a bad guy", I thought not killing the Tweedle Dicks might score me some points. But I'll still be temped to throw the shithead into the Witching Well.

jblank83

For what it's worth, the whole scene unfolds the identically (
exactly the same reaction from Snow, for example, Dum slumped to the ground in the same pose, just without red on his throat
) if you take the other approach.

What? How does that make sense? Lame.

Also
Bloody Mary is really annoying, every time she spoke I was rolling my eyes.

Agreed. Did not like her character and am not looking forward to more of her.

Cider X

Just bought episode 1 on Xbox 360. The game is extremely "choppy" like the engine is about to shit itself at random times. Also when the achievement notification pops it's running at something close to 10fps. Is this normal?

JustinBB7

Just bought episode 1 on Xbox 360. The game is extremely "choppy" like the engine is about to shit itself at random times. Also when the achievement notification pops it's running at something close to 10fps. Is this normal?

On consoles it pretty much is. Steam is the only safe place to buy. Though I hear ep 3 ran better, and walking dead season 2 runs better too.

kmax

I did not burn down the tree. I recruited the witch instead. As the great warlord Sun Tzu once said, Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

As for the Dum, I wacked him. I always try to make my decisions based on what I think the characters will do in any current situation, and I felt that Bigby was in such a vunerable spot that his judgement would lapse. Dum knew that Bigby isn't a guy that you try to fuck with, and he paid for that.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Bought episode one of this last night on iOS (I know, I know) and played through the whole thing in one sitting. Absolutely fantastic first episode!

One thing, there were barely any performance issues with the iOS version (playing on iPhone 5s). Do the next few episodes keep this up? It actually looks pretty good on iOS considering.

I always approached my decisions by the angle of what will help my investigation. I'm the Sheriff of Fabletown first, and the Big Bad Wolf second. Separate the emotion from it all, and find the information you need.

So I decided to NOT burn the tree. Wrecking Auntie Greenleaf's life had nothing to do with finding Crane. Once I threatened to burn the tree, she told me what I wanted, I left the tree and her alone.

I decide to NOT kill Tweedle Dum. Having him as a potential ally for sparing his life might help bring me one step closer to the Crooked Man. Having Dum dead and Dee hating me for killing his brother would not help that investigation. Lose Dee and Dum, the trail has a much bigger chance of running cold.

Tratorn

Maybe this is a common issue with the game, so I'll ask here:

I bought the game a week ago in the easter sale, but didn't play it yet.
So now I wanted to download it but I can't find it in my download list. If I search the game in the store it is marked as "bought", but nothing happens when I click the download-button...

Do I have to call the Sony-support or has this happened before for someone and there is an easy solution?

Edit:
Ok, problem is solved.
Just searched in PSN-webstore and I found episode 1-3 with search, so I had to manually add it to my download-list. Who thought this system would be a good idea? Why can't they add them automatically to the download-list when I buy the season pass for a game?

It's even worse because I didn't find the Episodes when I searched for the game on PS3. Without the Web-store I still wouldn't be able to download the game...

Marlowe89

Usually I try to get closer to Snow whenever possible, but her suddenly threatening to burn that tree down seemed kinda out of character for her. I suppose she was just in a rash, angry state of mind or something, but she was behaving sort of irrationally and I wasn't down with that so... no.

I wrecked Dum's shit to pieces though. Been wanting to do that since the very beginning, such a satisfying moment.

a.wd

I actually really like this game, the story by itself is fucking awesome and the decisions are great too, I cannot wait to see how it all pans out

I hadn't played 2-3 because the first episode hadn't grabbed me and Telltale development time fuckery had irritated me. I'm glad I did. I actually love this world, and the plot keeps ramping up. The great thing is there's so many characters to pick from since they have all of folklore pretty much. Clever inclusion of
Bloody Mary
. I figure the Crooked Man will be interesting, but I actually think
The Queen of Hearts
will be the big bad.

Also, to say I'm pumped for Game of Thrones would be an understatement.

I wonder exactly what they'll do with the Game of Thrones game. There are so many different cultures and characters that it's hard to pick just one storyline, as Telltale tends to do. Will we be playing as a king? Or a maester? A Black Brother?

The prospects are making me super excited.

phoenixyz

Bloody Mary kinda pissed me off. Bigby really shouldn't lose to such a lame character

My guess: They continue to make you really hate her and in the end, when the shit hits the fan and you can kill her, there's some moral pressure or sob story to put you in conflict if you should really do it. That would be Telltale's typical MO.

SnakeEyes

Banned
For some reason I don't even care much about what Snow wants anymore. If she's looking for someone to boss around and look disappointed all the time she's got the wrong Wolf.
Yeah, I was all on her side up until Episode 3, and then I went off her completely. Bossy bitch.

Maybe this is a common issue with the game, so I'll ask here:

I bought the game a week ago in the easter sale, but didn't play it yet.
So now I wanted to download it but I can't find it in my download list. If I search the game in the store it is marked as "bought", but nothing happens when I click the download-button...

Do I have to call the Sony-support or has this happened before for someone and there is an easy solution?

Edit:
Ok, problem is solved.
Just searched in PSN-webstore and I found episode 1-3 with search, so I had to manually add it to my download-list. Who thought this system would be a good idea? Why can't they add them automatically to the download-list when I buy the season pass for a game?

It's even worse because I didn't find the Episodes when I searched for the game on PS3. Without the Web-store I still wouldn't be able to download the game...
I had the same issues as you, but you only had to find Episode 1, because after that you'd be able to access all the others from within the game itself.

I finally got around to Episode 3 last night.

LOVED IT. Oh man, favorite episode so far, and I feel like it'll be hard to top it.

Bloody Mary was great. She had a real presence, I felt legitimately intimidated by her. That's hard to pull off.

Also, killed the shit out of Tweedledee (dum?) Sorry, you try to fucking kill me with 50 shotgun blasts and I'm not going to hold back. The last scene in general was pretty hype for me, slowly walking forward and transforming while taking all those shots. GREAT.

Carcetti

I haven't been able to download ep 3 on pc still. The TT tech support keeps asking questions like 'have you started steam again'?

Conezays

Just chiming in to say I love the series. Was hesitant in grabbing it, but IGN offered the first episode free on iOS devices earlier in the week. Great deal!

dyergram

I finished playing through the first ep last night enjoyed it but I'm reading mixed reviews for subsequent episodes (performance wise) should I switch platforms I have ipad and pc available is there a vita version planned because it's great playing games like this in bed.

You dare update this thread for any other reason than Episode 4 news?

tumblr_msuaez9u8r1qfrov6o7_250.gif

It's good guys. It's a far slower start than TWD, but fuck, the end of Ep 3 has me pumped.

Violet_0

Banned
I finished playing through the first ep last night enjoyed it but I'm reading mixed reviews for subsequent episodes (performance wise) should I switch platforms I have ipad and pc available is there a vita version planned because it's great playing games like this in bed.

I'd generally recommend the PC version for all Telltale games but I don't have any experience with other platforms. Vita version is planned for this year

JustinBB7

PC is always best option for Telltale games it seems. (For most games really but hey :p )

JustinBB7

Double post, but bumping for new info:

Telltale Games retweeted 1h

Job J Stauffer @jobjstauffer

Played the final version of #TheWolfAmongUs Ep 4 today. 'In Sheep's Clothing' is on its way VERY soon. Look for a 1st peek in the morning!

Pretty early if true, if they keep on their bi-monthly schedule it should come out around June 10th, but VERY soon sounds even earlier.

Roto13

Wow, very soon? That would probably mean before June. I doubt we would get an episode of this or The Walking Dead in June in that case. :p

Top Bottom