• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us |OT| Season 1

Europe (PSN) gets the shaft again. We probably get it one or two weeks later.

I'm laughing internally if this is a QC issue because the Telltale engine is anything but quality. Walking Dead S02E03 was atrocious with the loading.

So about that very last decision...

I went straight for the cigarettes, it just felt right. :)

Rumor has it on the Steam forums that episode 5 is coming out in September. I hope that's not the case. Loving this story more so than the Walking Dead's.

Jomjom

Banned
Is PSN Store not updating today like normal? Why is ep4 coming out on the 28th?

Edit: nvm I misread. Gonna play the crap out of this soon as I get home from work!

LiK

Finished Ep4. Another good one. Can't wait to see how this all ends. Looks like all the choices I chose were super unpopular. FU guys, lol

So about that very last decision...

I went straight for the cigarettes, it just felt right. :)

Rumor has it on the Steam forums that episode 5 is coming out in September. I hope that's not the case. Loving this story more so than the Walking Dead's.

I chose
Let's talk.
. That ended perfectly to me. I guess they're all supposed to be badass. heh

Tacitus_

what happen if you smoke?

You... pop out a cig and light it.

Pretty interesting episode so far. Though I'm half disappointed I couldn't pay off
the angry man played by Lees actor
so I stayed off on using that money I... confiscated. Well, now I have two money rolls confiscated.

LeBart

Was lurking the TT forums earlier, and I'm really surprised to see so many people saying they finished EP4 in an hour. It took me 90 minutes to finish it just like episode 2 and 3, and it's not like you can rush through these games. The length should be pretty much the same for everyone, right? Is the episode shorter if you
go to the butcher
first or something?

Anyway, I liked it a lot. Interesting new faces, cool dialog, deliciously cruel cliffhanger. Still not quite as good as EP1 but I'm still enjoying it.

rakhir

what happen if you
smoke
?
It's absolutely badass.
Bigby just steps a little bit closer withouth a word, slowly takes out the cig while the whole room is watching him, takes out the lighter, and when he flicks it open with a click the game cuts to black.

Great episode.

LiK

It's absolutely badass.
Bigby just steps a little bit closer withouth a word, slowly takes out the cig while the whole room is watching him, takes out the lighter, and when he flicks it open with a click the game cuts to black.

Great episode.

oh, he did the same thing with my option as well. guess it's the same for all of them except yours didn't talk.

Adry9

I chose to
tell him I was taking him with me, he just stepped forward, lit a cig and said it. Then fade to black. I think all the options are basically the same.

Necrovex

It's absolutely badass.

Great episode.

If Telltales is going to end the episode in a cliffhanger, then this was the best way to do it. I chose lit the cigarette too.

Nbz

Wow, really great episode and I have to agree that choosing
to smoke the cigarette at the end was the best possible choice. Soooooooo badass, and the cut to black after was perfect.

Definitely an amazing set up for the final episode

Pollux

360 isn't letting me download. Just getting a red circle with a Lind through it on the popup window. Any advice?

JustinBB7

Fucking awesome ep. But the shortest of recent telltale history I think. :(

lit the cigaret too, fucking badass, and that fight between you and jersey and woody was awesome.

GavinBT

Neo Member
JustinBB7: The wait was short as well though right?
I heard anyway, never actually had to wait for an episode from telltale before now.
BTW I would normally quote but I don't want to see anything under the tags lol

Lovely. Good job Telltale. Top of your game as usual.
To be fair they did say Wednesday for 360.

GavinBT

Neo Member
IGN review went up, got a 6.
This episode doesn't look too good from what I'm seeing all the critics seem to be disappointed with it.

hohoXD123

Yeah, I definitely made the right choice at the end. So badass.

I'm so surprised that ginger man didn't turn out to be the Crooked Man, he must still have a major role to play...right? And was Nerissa implying that one of Bigby's friends is behind this during their interview?

Overall, a fantastic episode. It felt very short compared to the other episodes, but maybe that's just because I was enjoying it more than the others. The build up to the last episode is great, here's hoping they deliver.

IGN review went up, got a 6.
This episode doesn't look too good from what I'm seeing all the critics seem to be disappointed with it.

Seriously, don't believe their lies. This definitely ranks among the best episodes of the season for me.

GavinBT

Neo Member
Seriously, don't believe their lies. This definitely ranks among the best episodes of the season for me.

Yeah I guess a lot of people didn't like episode 2 either, not as bad as this seems to be but I did enjoy episode 2.
People were saying it is the 4th episode curse for some reason though.

LNBL

Yeah, I definitely made the right choice at the end. So badass.

I'm so surprised that ginger man didn't turn out to be the Crooked Man, he must still have a major role to play...right? And was Nerissa implying that one of Bigby's friends is behind this during their interview?

Overall, a fantastic episode. It felt very short compared to the other episodes, but maybe that's just because I was enjoying it more than the others. The build up to the last episode is great, here's hoping they deliver.

Lies? Compared to the previous episodes, this one did have the least impact imo. That does not mean that it was a bad episode though.

GavinBT

Neo Member
Lies? Compared to the previous episodes, this one did have the least impact imo. That does not mean that it was a bad episode though.

According to IGN the start and end were good and everything else was just filler.
The review was terrible though, so many spoilers in such a short review.

culafia

6/10 sounds about right

I have two key issues with the episode:

1) It feels like 2/3 of an episode. If you're going to make
Mr. No Name
end up being the crooked man, you can't end the episode there and think it's going to be all dramatic. Even if you went the
Bluebeard
route (it's good they didn't, believe me), it would at least be dramatic enough to close the episode on. But if you're going to do what they did and make the reveal be someone who
we haven't seen before
, ending the episode there feels like an abrupt cut-off before an actual climax. Oh yeah, and the episode is even shorter than Ep 2.

2) SPOILERS
This could perhaps be called 1A, but this whole episode leading up to the reveal felt clumsy and rushed. We did a bit of research, earned a bit of info, and then "surprise, we're there!". This is no doubt made worse by making the crooked man someone we haven't even seen in passing before. I was mostly just like, "oh, it's you!...oh." I suspect Telltale is on thin ice thanks to the comic series, but they couldn't have handled an arc with potential in a less interesting way if they tried. I leave them the benefit of the doubt to make it better next episode, but this all felt pretty flaccid.

Zukuu

Banned
Dunno how to handle "the farm" thing.
I didn't sent the pig back (I didn't say I won't I just said "we'll see". And the same to toad (had to reload since the option "It' wont last forever" will send him back). It's a bit of a weird thing. The way I see it: if you stay out of sight, it's somewhat okay.

I
lit the cigarette
too. Sad to hear that all options end in it, so it's not all that special anymore.

Episode was by far the shortest.

Voror

Wait, hold on.
Who is this guy? Man, I was actually hoping it was going to be the cab driver. Even that whole thing about the door bouncing around fits if you apply it to the taxi.

Really enjoy how they are tying in the Urban Legends. That's a very different part of the Fableverse we've really never seen in the comics.

I really also loved the reference to the legend of the girl that lost her head when her husband removed her ribbon.

Decent episode, but as I feared given how soon this came out after episode 3, it was pretty short. I clocked in at about 1 hour 25 minutes. Its not even how short these episodes are getting but even just the limited amount of interaction you have outside of dialogue choices.

I'm still enjoying things but I feel like each passing episode of TWD or The Wolf Among Us is getting less and less interactive, whether that's from a gameplay sense or even just a making choices sense.

The episode was fun though.
The Jersey Devil fight was fun. Is there any difference if you go to the Butcher first? Can you actually take off Nerissa's ribbon if you choose the action to remove it? I'd find it kind of funny if the game let you do that and her head just plopped off.

I just hope TellTale takes their time with the last episode so that its like at least 2.5 hours long. That would be nice.

FluxWaveZ

I
lit the cigarette
too. Sad to hear that all options end in it, so it's not all that special anymore.

Oh, what the hell? Having just finished this episode, I was going to post about how I couldn't imagine a better option to end the episode on than that one, but I guess that's because there actually weren't any others.

Ultimadrago

Decent episode, but as I feared given how soon this came out after episode 3, it was pretty short. I clocked in at about 1 hour 25 minutes. Its not even how short these episodes are getting but even just the limited amount of interaction you have outside of dialogue choices.

I'm still enjoying things but I feel like each passing episode of TWD or The Wolf Among Us is getting less and less interactive, whether that's from a gameplay sense or even just a making choices sense.

The episode was fun though.
The Jersey Devil fight was fun. Is there any difference if you go to the Butcher first? Can you actually take off Nerissa's ribbon if you choose the action to remove it? I'd find it kind of funny if the game let you do that and her head just plopped off.

I just hope TellTale takes their time with the last episode so that its like at least 2.5 hours long. That would be nice.

Similar sentiment. Decent, but short.

On
Jersey: You still get to fight him if you go to Butcher first. You see Jack walk out when you come in, so maybe you wouldn't have missed him had you come earlier? I left Nerissa's ribbon on, so I don't know if you can. If her head plopped off, I'd be so sad!

jediyoshi

According to IGN the start and end were good and everything else was just filler.
The review was terrible though, so many spoilers in such a short review.

At this point, I'm not actually sure why you'd be looking up reviews for this for anything other than unfiltered opinion.

For how short these episodes are, the idea that anything short of complete banter is filler is pretty wild. Imagine if any RPG ever were held to these narrative standards, the writeup would be over before it began.

I loved the episode. I chose
to talk
at the end and it was awesome.

What exactly happens if you
go to the butcher's first? Do you see what's on the chalkboard?

Edited because I misread.

Felensis

Banned
Ah, finally it's available, can't wait to play it! Just finished TWD S02E03 and for me and my financé this was the weakest ep so far. Hopefully TWAU Ep4 isn't as weak as some guys here indicating.

Top Bottom