• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

Salaadin

Does Amazon typically gets codes out early enough for preloads or are we stuck waiting for release? My order page says "processing" and I have a pre-charge on my credit card. That usually doesnt happen for retails releases until the day before release so Im assuming that something is up....

lunchtoast

Does Amazon typically gets codes out early enough for preloads or are we stuck waiting for release? My order page says "processing" and I have a pre-charge on my credit card. That usually doesnt happen for retails releases until the day before release so Im assuming that something is up....

Has anyone received their key from Amazon? Tomb Raider shows up in my library but no key is available.

I am in the same boat, says taking longer than expected still processing.

JohngPR

Same here. I'm assuming that we'll get the code sometime today since they said it would be available today, but my guess is as good as anyone's.

Derrick01

Banned
Finally preloading. But since I got 3 keys this is the first I noticed this preorder bonus

Animal Instinct Skill Upgrade

Early access to the Animal instinct skill will light up XP-laden animals in Survival Instinct mode to help Lara upgrade to the next skill in no time.

What? Do they mean it makes animals easier to spot or something?

Slacker

For what it's worth, my SimCity order from Amazon says preloading will be available after 11AM pacific (40 minutes from now). I bought Tomb Raider on Steam and it appears to have pre-loaded already this morning.

Harlequin

Finally preloading. But since I got 3 keys this is the first I noticed this preorder bonus

What? Do they mean it makes animals easier to spot or something?

You get XP from killed animals. However, you get a different amount of XP for different animals. With this skill animals which give you lots of XP will be highlighted when you activate Survival Instinct (Meaning they will have a glowing silhouette similar to targets in AC. But only when you're in Survival Instinct).

Derrick Downer strikes again.

Still not PC videos... In the meantime:

camilla-luddington-as-kate-middleton-pic-inf-148069306.jpg

Nice.

Derrick01

Banned
You get XP from killed animals. However, you get a different amount of XP for different animals. With this skill animals which give you lots of XP will be highlighted when you activate Survival Instinct (Meaning they will have a glowing silhouette similar to targets in AC. But only when you're in Survival Instinct).

Eww I regret redeeming that key now. Thankfully I won't be using instinct survival mode.

Ahasversus said:
Yeaah.. Really? Derrick? REALLY?

Yes really. She's way too skinny. I'm afraid if we were walking to my house I'd lose her in the breeze along the way.

Skilletor

Honestly, you guys are kinda creeping me out.

Gonna be a busy weekend. Looking forward to catching up on impressions from the front row fans and our dejected peanut gallery on Monday. Hope those who got the game early either continue to enjoy themselves, or are inspired to write an entertaining diatribe.

Yeah, this is silly. More pics of the game. Less creepy whoever that is pics.

Survival mode looks all kinds of stupid.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Ok come on Gaf, have some standards. She is nice looking but she's nothing special to a lot of the ladies out there. I've seen better :lol: (actually I best be careful here).

Okay scratch the "picking it up today on consoles" thing. New question, can I still use any codes/coupons to get it on pc for 40 bucks, or has that ship sailed

jet1911

Still no code from Amazon... I can download the installer but it says that the key is missing. Never had this kind of problem with Amazon. :(

somato

Still no code from Amazon... I can download the installer but it says that the key is missing. Never had this kind of problem with Amazon. :(

Same problem here, the installer just errors when trying to get the key and then says to visit your Amazon download page.... which of course has no key and tells you to download.

sleepykyo

It'll be interesting to see if she's able to get the part of Lara in the upcoming TR movie. Would be awesome to see a voice actress actually play her part in the movie, as well. Not sure if she's a good enough actress, though.

Rather see the promo models get the role. Well, Rhona Mitra.

Top Bottom