• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

FrankT

Cmagus said:
So far I am loving this game.The armor and weapon pick ups look awesome.I just got this badass sword that looks awesome.The combat so far has been really intense I am playing the Champion class and the melee/ gun stuff is great.

Combat is really smooth and it quite easy to flow in and out of.The music and voice work is really good too Im really digging this game alot so far I have nothing to do tomorrow Im gonna try to do this game in one sitting lol.

I find alot of the stuff so far the reviews have been complaining about aren't as bad as they say so personally I would suggest give this game a shot before you just come to conclusions because it is nowhere near as bad as people are saying it's really good

Nice impressions.

Kayas

Neo Member
Has anyone actually picked up this game yet? It was released today right?
I still can't get a copy here at Wal-Mart. They suck though, so no surprise there.

Cmagus

if your trying to get it today id say EB they seem to be getting it in today.I know in canada Futureshop didn't have it yet at most places and same with Wal-mart

I just finished putting almost three hours in as a Beserker. That pretty much got me through the demo area to the end of that first mission and into some assorted in-between mission stuff. My take thus far: it's a lot of fun.

I meant to stop playing two hours ago but I got caught up the "one more room" syndrome then, well, I had to fight the big battle then I had to tidy things up, etc.

Really, it's the exact same experience as the demo. If you liked that (and I did) then you'll like this. If you didn't like the demo, I'm not sure the full game will show you something that the demo didn't. There's a metric ton of loot but I didn't get the same vibe as the 1UP review: I liked constantly getting new toys, checking them against what I had, then either cursing because I wasn't high enough level, switching to the new gear, or deep-sixing it into salvage. The runes and charms also add another wrinkle to the equipment portion of the game.

The camera can be painful but it was never so awful that it either killed me or ruined the action. In some cases it can be annoying and, occasionally, my gamer instincts move me to flick the right stick to move the camera which, of course, causes me to swing my weapon. It's not a deal killer for me and I've pretty much gotten used to it already.

At this stage, I don't have too much to say about the story. So far, it's okay. No, it's not riveting but I've seen far worse. Maybe it helps that I like the Norse mythos. Baldur, however, is a classic brooder. It's more than a bit of a cliche but, again, it's not a deal killer.

I do wish the skill tree had a bit more complexity to it. My berserker (level 10) already has enough skill points to almost touch an entire vertical path. Yes, some choices negate other ones but I wish there was more. In a couple of levels, I'll be able to sink points in the top skill. It's a small thing. I guess I was just hoping for a more RPG skill tree (read more choices, more complexity).

As far was I'd say my final thoughts are, I really can't say much better than I already have. I wanted to put in just an hour and ended up putting in three. If I didn't have to eat, I might still be playing. :D

Stantron

For what it's worth, the 1up guy that gave it a C- does a video review with Skip interviewing. At one point he comments "what's the point of this game"... yeah, I really don't think he was the best person to do the review.
LINK

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
fuck my xbox died. haven't played it in month and this is what I get. dammit just when all tghe good rpgs start to come out.

Stantron said:
For what it's worth, the 1up guy that gave it a C- does a video review with Skip interviewing. At one point he comments "what's the point of this game"... yeah, I really don't think he was the best person to do the review.
LINK

You could really say the same thing about any game. Whats the point? As for their being no penalty for death...I'm looking others in the eye, namely Bioshock.

Anyways... I've called all the stores in town and none have Two Human, well the one that does won't give it up. BALLZ!

FrankT

grendelrt said:
SO i was going to buy 2 of these at toys r us. But the website says the 22nd. Does anyone know if stores will have it tomorrow?

I got the official call from GS earlier tonight so they should have it tomorrow and I imagine most big boxed retailers as well.

MrDaravon

YMMV, a lot of TRU's are terrible about getting games day 1.

Have we gotten any confirmation that the load times are improved over the demo in going in/out of your menu? In a game like this the constant slight pausing going to your menu and between different options was really annoying in the demo, especially since the game encourages you to do it frequently for loot and level ups.

Stantron

Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow as well. Damn, I'm gonna have a restless night, I've been fiend'n for this game real bad.

Cmagus

man that Grendel boss gave my team and me a beating the screen had all these valkyries on screen the thing killed me twice it was a pretty tough fight

Cmagus said:
man that Grendel boss gave my team and me a beating the screen had all these valkyries on screen the thing killed me twice it was a pretty tough fight
If there's a trick to that guy I didn't figure it out. It was tough going.

Nemesis_

For those who are wondering, it's been confirmed that Too Human is not a region free title and as such will not play on a PAL console.

I'm holding out for the Asia version =P

Cmagus

Here is my character so far

bal1.jpg

bal2.jpg

bal3.jpg

Median

I gotta say, I didn't overly enjoy the Grendel fight at the end of the first level. It was a lot of get behind enemy, damage, lather, rinse repeat. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying the game up to this point. I played about an hour and a half and finished right after finishing the Grendel fight. The boss just seemed kinda off to me. I want to echo what others have said about the demo relative to the retail game. If you enjoyed the demo, you'll most likely enjoy the full game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Nemesis556 said:
For those who are wondering, it's been confirmed that Too Human is not a region free title and as such will not play on a PAL console.

I'm holding out for the Asia version =P

Thanks for that confirmation, I'm sure a lot of us appreciate it. I put the info in the OP after the release dates.

grendelrt

Friend went to DL the Demo and see if he likes it. Got a RROD and was like well i cant play now. 2 min later he sends me this IM of a MS email he got:

[23:00] T: what pricks
[23:00] grendelrt: ?
[23:00] T: from: Xbox Flash <xbox@email.xbox.com>
subject: Too Human - Fight like a god

at what time do you ask?
Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:37 PM
[23:01] grendelrt: hahaha
[23:01] T: thats just f[edited]d up
[23:01] T: what the hell are the odds of that
[23:01] grendelrt: the odds of funny

poor guy :lol

Cmagus

man this game is getting so tough I am dying like crazy.I think I am getting near the end of the ice forest and damn the enemies are relentless thank god I have my turret spider or id be dying faster lol.

fin

Blueblur1 said:
Anyone know if Wal-Mart is gonna have it? They've never failed me before.

I think Wal-Mart should be selling it. It is a videogame. :D

Glad to see that you seen the light Total! Once I'm finished with the single player, we gotta team up for some coop, and go through some of the challange rooms and such.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
with grendel, you have to pepper him with your gun until he stops shooting out his drones. When he goes into the mode where he's on all fours, that's when I engaged him in combat.

You are able to freeze him for 10 seconds or less with your RB power.

Other then that, the best trick I can recommend at this point is to hit and run.

Top Bottom