• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

xS1TH L0RDx said:
not sure if this has been posted, but too human dev diary 5 is up on the marketplace. it's great.

mangod is in it!
Downloading now. Thank you. :D

BTW can we download the bonus armor yet?

The second mission is tough as nails. I just went through it online. Do they add extra enemies when there are two? I hope so. Otherwise I dread to think what going through it alone will be like.

SPEA

Union Carbine said:
The second mission is tough as nails. I just went through it online. Do they add extra enemies when there are two? I hope so. Otherwise I dread to think what going through it alone will be like.
Yeah. They add more enemies when in multiplayer. I believe it might scale the enemies a little higher as well.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Union Carbine said:

Ya its pretty crazy. A lot harder and a lot longer than the first area. I died in all of the bonus areas except the first one, commando just couldn'.t take it :(

Well im shutting down for the night. Theres 7 hours on my game clock but there was about an hour of me bullshiting around. Im not done with the 2nd area yet but i think im pretty close to the end. Unless the next couple areas care a lot shorter, you would have to really try to get it finished in under 10 hours. The Valkyrie death animation which i thought i was going to hate actually isnt too bad. 30 seconds everytime, better than me walking back to my corpse in Titan Quest or something, and u dont really lose anything in that game either when u die. It will probably be a pain in the ass online though, waiting to get back in the fray while my team mate is getting pillaged. You have to babysit the camera sometimes, but its never really that much of a problem playing on strategic. At least not yet it isnt. You do get a LOT of loot in this game but thats just because you automatically pick everything up as opposed to picking and choosing what you want to pick up off the ground like other games of this nature. I havent run into any bugs at all. Aside form that the game plays like the demo, except in the 2nd ara things pick up and it starts to get pretty intense.

The cinematics are decent, ive only seen a few so far. Thor, however, is terrible. I cringe whenever he opens his mouth. Ill drop more thoughts, maybe even a mini review when i finish it.

_tetsuo_ said:
Ya its pretty crazy. A lot harder and a lot longer than the first area. I died in all of the bonus areas except the first one, commando just couldn'.t take it :(

Well im shutting down for the night. Theres 7 hours on my game clock but there was about an hour of me bullshiting around. Im not done with the 2nd area yet but i think im pretty close to the end. Unless the next couple areas care a lot shorter, you would have to really try to get it finished in under 10 hours. The Valkyrie death animation which i thought i was going to hate actually isnt too bad. 30 seconds everytime, better than me walking back to my corpse in Titan Quest or something, and u dont really lose anything in that game either when u die. It will probably be a pain in the ass online though, waiting to get back in the fray while my team mate is getting pillaged. You have to babysit the camera sometimes, but its never really that much of a problem playing on strategic. At least not yet it isnt. You do get a LOT of loot in this game but thats just because you automatically pick everything up as opposed to picking and choosing what you want to pick up off the ground like other games of this nature. I havent run into any bugs at all. Aside form that the game plays like the demo, except in the 2nd ara things pick up and it starts to get pretty intense.

The cinematics are decent, ive only seen a few so far. Thor, however, is terrible. I cringe whenever he opens his mouth. Ill drop more thoughts, maybe even a mini review when i finish it.

glad to hear you're digging it. i have about... a lil over 7 hours left. shit, i need to get to bed.

Larsen B

After watching all the video diaries last night (only #5 was available in Europe for some reason), I'm pretty sure that "The Goblin Man of Norway" is one of the most amazing game-related things I have ever seen.

FrankT

Larsen B said:
After watching all the video diaries last night (only #5 was available in Europe for some reason), I'm pretty sure that "The Goblin Man of Norway" is one of the most amazing game-related things I have ever seen.

Yea, watched the last one last night as well. Loved them.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Can't wait to pick this up today. Thanks for the impressions, those that have it already. Sounds like I'll really dig it.

Gotta crank this up while playing to get the true effect:

Amon_amarth_oden.jpg

PSGames

I'm pretty sure after all is said and done that I'm going to love this game. I agree with Kevin Pereira on that Gamespot score.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Can anyone recap for the work constrained?
He throws up some defense. Admits the game has problems (bugs, menu system, etc.) but it's fun. It "makes you feel like a badass". He called out Gamespot for their 5.5 noting they gave what were probably worse games higher scores (Operation Darkness got a 6, King Fu Panda got a 6.5). Talked about all the hate surrounding Too Human and how people shouldn't listen to everything being said and to really check out the game for themselves.

grendelrt

BenjaminBirdie said:
Can anyone recap for the work constrained?

He points out all the flaws that have been talked about. Then says screw it, because its fun as hell. Then rips into gamespot bad about their review, pointing out they gave games with much worst reviews higher scores just recently.

Gowans

Doodis you gonna give this its own thread?

Nice to see someone in media calling out another organisation by name and feeling the need to express his opinion on a game, both stating flaws but then endorsing it as fun in the end the ultimate reason for playing.

Over a week left till the UK release :(

sevenchaos said:
So the preorder armor is level one gear?

yes it is. i'm pretty sure i remember someone from SK, maybe dyack himself, saying that the preorder armor wasn't anything too special, just a bonus. *shruggs* as a bonus, it's nice to have. :)

PSGames

Gowans007 said:
great passionate rant.

Deserves its own thread, this could spark discussion on so many areas/levels.

DO IT. That is even the perfect thread title: Kevin Pereira on the Too Human Defense Force

Gowans

darkressurection said:
Ouch, that didn't last long.

yeah GAF's hypersensitive for Too Human and there are a tone of topics touching on it but thought the discussion around it and other points would have been good on with the larger scale of GAF but maybe thinking about it the lowest common denominator would have turned it into a troll war.

Gowans007 said:
yeah GAF's hypersensitive for Too Human and there are a tone of topics touching on it but thought the discussion around it and other points would have been good on with the larger scale of GAF but maybe thinking about it the lowest common denominator would have turned it into a troll war.

Don't worry it got posted in the reviews thread, and he didn't even have to wait to be called wrong because it was right there in the same post as the link! :lol

Giddeon

Don't forget the best quote of the video.

"If you have a subwoofer, turn it up to 11, it will shake the taint out of your shorts."

Otherwise, heading to pick up my copy in 2 hours, does each class have it's own pre order bonus code? mine says Commando on it so I only get it for the Commando class?

Giddeon said:
Don't forget the best quote of the video.

"If you have a subwoofer, turn it up to 11, it will shake the taint out of your shorts."

Otherwise, heading to pick up my copy in 2 hours, does each class have it's own pre order bonus code? mine says Commando on it so I only get it for the Commando class?
No all 5 are in the one code.
I think I will start a Champion my first time through, I love the air combos.:D

Doodis

Gowans007 said:
Doodis you gonna give this its own thread?

Nice to see someone in media calling out another organisation by name and feeling the need to express his opinion on a game, both stating flaws but then endorsing it as fun in the end the ultimate reason for playing.

Over a week left till the UK release :(

Sorry, I was on my way to work after I posted. Looks like it didn't matter much anyway. :D

Pedobear said:
Kevin Pereira is making me want the game. Noooo!
Ahaha. He's actually right about the game. :D

TOO HUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

COMING TODAY! COMING TODAY! COMING TODAY!

OH GOD YES! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

SOMEONE GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE!

Wait! So how is co-op working? It's only two player, but I thought you didn't play through the campaign together. Is it independent with a different character? Can anyone illuminate on this? I was a bit disappointed when they dropped 4 player co-op and campaign play, but I thought the demo was a lot of fun.

FrankT

U K Narayan said:

Haha, just got off the phone with my local GS they got it and I'm headed out. :D

Median

U K Narayan said:

INTERNET HIGH FIVE! BOOYAH!

Top Bottom