• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

fin

slasher_thrasher21 said:
So maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm a champion, yet every two handed sword I've got I can't equip. Its not locked its just not usuable... is that because I picked human side or am I just confused on something here? :lol

I think you're confused. Champion can't hold duel welding weapons, but they can handle sword that require two hands. The big swords. Hope that helps...

Xenon

Ok got a chance to put more time in. I spent an over an hour exploring the city and shops, I just wish Baldur could slide on command.

I finished the first area of the ice forest. People were not kidding about the ramp up on the challenge. Still made it through without my commando without dying, but I went through pretty slow. Pumping up my first stat to 10 to increase grenade damage helped. As did only killing ice goblins in the air with finishers. Its funny watching those guys jumping up to get while Im frozen only to land on their heads and roll away.

I know its going to be impossible but Im going to try to get through this without dying :D

fin said:
I think you're confused. Champion can't hold duel welding weapons, but they can handle sword that require two hands. The big swords. Hope that helps...

Ok yeah I was refering to duel wielding swords. Ok. Those are only useable by berserker class right?

fin

Xenon said:
Ok got a chance to put more time in. I spent an over an hour exploring the city and shops, I just wish Baldur could slide on command.

I finished the first area of the ice forest. People were not kidding about the ramp up on the challenge. Still made it through without my commando without dying, but I went through pretty slow. Pumping up my first stat to 10 to increase grenade damage helped. As did only killing ice goblins in the air with finishers. Its funny watching those guys jumping up to get while Im frozen only to land on their heads and roll away.

I know its going to be impossible but Im going to try to get through this without dying :D

I can't to try this game with the other classes.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Ok yeah I was refering to duel wielding swords. Ok. Those are only useable by berserker class right?

Yup you got it.

Henry Sterchi said:
- If you save/go to Aesir in the single player campaign, it will restart you at your nearest checkpoint. If you jump with the teleporter and save/go to Aesir, it will restart you at the start of the section.
Thanks, Henry.

Here's some further explanation on saving/reloading/tokens from an SK person on the TooHuman.net forum:
SK Skacik said:
The game has check points (designated by 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3... etc within the aesir teleport menu/multiplayer menu). If you save and quit it will bring you back to the last check point designated by one of these markers that you last crossed.

If you want some sort of indication that you crossed such a check point (any time you receieve a new token, viewable in the stats page within the start menu), you have crossed a check point that you can start at.

Hope that helps explain things.

Also note that when you cross a check point, the game will save automatically (the game will also do this when looting obelisks as well), but if you just entered a new room / area and see "saving" flash on the bottom right of your screen, check your stats page to see if a token showed up.

Tokens are multi purposed. Tokens are cashed in after a boss fight ( if you have all of your tokens for a given level / world ) for better boss loot, aka, the good stuff :).

Once you have cashed in your tokens for a specific world / level, the next time you replay that level your tokens will be reset and you will have to re-accquire them. If you re-accquire a token you already have (by replaying a section of a level repeatedly for example) you will still hit the checkpoint, and its effect of that being the last place you have been. Saving and quiting while you are not in campaign mode however functions differently and to tbe best of my knowledge has no effect on where you will begin next for when you next continue with your campaign.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Grecco said:
I had my issues with the demo, but i decided to pick it up anyways.

Toys R Us has it for 49.99 and if you ask at the cashiers, they have a 20 percent off one item coupon. So you end up paying 40 bucks. Which is a good price for anybody on the fence.

You also can get another game for 50 off. I picked up Burnout Paradise as well for 15 dollars.

DUDE! where do you live? the TRU website says they get it tomorrow?

fin said:
And you cash in you tokens when you finish the boss? It's automatic?

Basically, from what I gather, this is done behind the scenes. That way you can't just skip to the boss area and get the best stuff. So therefore when you get these "invisible tokens" throughout the level, at the end it automatically knows that you have done the whole level thus giving you better chance of getting better loot?

Least thats why I got from it.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Basically, from what I gather, this is done behind the scenes. That way you can't just skip to the boss area and get the best stuff. So therefore when you get these "invisible tokens" throughout the level, at the end it automatically knows that you have done the whole level thus giving you better chance of getting better loot?

Yeah, that's how I understand it, as well. Otherwise you could just repeatedly farm the boss fight at the end of the level for loot, right?

Soroc

slasher_thrasher21 said:

Yeah This is the way I interpreted it also. I'm pretty sure this is accurate and was in an interview somewhere about the more tokens you have the better the loot chance at the boss.

PSGames

Henry Sterchi said:
Hi All,

- Classes can use a lot of different weapon types (there's a few exceptions) as long as it's the right level and alignment. The only "negative" to swapping your "native" weapon is some of the skill trees have bonuses to that type. We did keep these open, so for example, instead of just a + to 1handed swords, it's any sword so you are encouraged to try things.
- Bosses tend to have melee and ballistic phases where they are highly resistant to one or the other. If you're doing really little damage with guns, switch up to melee or vice versa.
- If you save/go to Aesir in the single player campaign, it will restart you at your nearest checkpoint. If you jump with the teleporter and save/go to Aesir, it will restart you at the start of the section.
- Dark polarities are basically immune to gunfire. Shooting them actually charges up their status effects. They are pretty anti Commando, but there's lot of way around this including juggling, Ruiners, and fierce attacks.
- Yes, the weapons on the wall/hall in Aesir are findable in game.

/hides

Thanks for the info Henry your game is awesome!

<--- Edit: Oh yeah new avatar!

_tetsuo_ said:
shooting dark polarity enemies make their status effects stronger? Well that's disturbing.
I guess my typical strategy of pasting them with my pistols for a few seconds and then meleeing them isn't the best plan, eh? :lol

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Finished co-op last night. 7 hours, level 27 Defender. I have a level 27 Berserker that's been mostly offline, but he's got 9 hours in him.

I'm actually quite pleased with how different it feels to play the two of them. The Defender is much more of a "stand in the crowd and wade through" fighter while the Berserker works best as a ping-pong ball of death. I focused on hammer weapons for the Defender, since they can bounce a bunch of guys up in the air for my Champion friend to grind up.

Still enjoying it quite a bit. Broke 10,000 enemies killed last night. :D

Kingpen

Got the game yesterday and am already 7.5 hours in, and plan for more this afternoon and having a blast (both Co-op and single). Fuck the bad professional reviews of this game and all the hidden agenda's the reviewers may have on this game because of Dyack, how long in production, etc....

Listen to a comment like above and take that feedback to heart.

"Got the game yesterday and am already 7.5 hours in, and plan for more this afternoon and having a blast (both Co-op and single). Fuck the bad professional reviews of this game and all the hidden agenda's the reviewers may have on this game because of Dyack, how long in production, etc....

Listen to a comment like above and take that feedback to heart."

We should co-op sometime. :)

I just keep wanting to bring up all the really bad reviews and like that popular video going around. "5.5 REALLYYYYYYYYYY Gamespot? Really????? 5.5" I feel like I'm playing a different game then the "professionals" did.

SK, DENIS! THANK YOU FOR THIS GAME.

and all the haters... I swear If I don't get the rest of the trilogy due to you guys... !!!!!!!!

how the hell are you supposed to be the first boss without dying?

fuckers impossible. is there something i'm missing?

fucking awesome game though.

Kingsgoon said:

Can't see this through the filters at work. Whats it talking about?

TemplaerDude said:

Roll outta the way more? I can't really say as I played co-op a bit before playing singleplayer. When I fought him I was level 19 so I mopped him up hardcore.

"Roll outta the way more? I can't really say as I played co-op a bit before playing singleplayer. When I fought him I was level 19 so I mopped him up hardcore."

Biggest problem with me at least is the end where you have to hit his face and you can only do damage by meleeing.

Kingsgoon

"Along with that was a link to this video of Kevin talking what can only be described as "mess" about some of the reviews and reactions to Silicon Knights' new game. At some point, the whole thing started reminding me of the rap world, with its constant YouTube battles. So in the spirit of Ice-T vs. Soulja Boy--or Denis Dyack vs. NeoGAF--we ended up with the following video of our own:"

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/2humanalypse-now-strictly-for-my-gamerz/160/

So it's basically a rap video, pretty funny.

ringlord

TemplaerDude said:

Dodge/roll with the 'B' button as he attacks. You should be able to avoid most of what he throws at you. Keep your distance and hit him with guns when he's on two feet, move in and hit him with a finisher when he's on four feet.

If his little flying buzz-saws get on you, roll to knock them off.

If you're playing a Beserker, you'll probably die some anyway. :)

Thread is going really nice I see. Great. TH has some Blue Dragon vibe over it (only review/reception wise of course) so I'm still excited about the game though I probably wont get it day 1 (Europe) but maybe it will turn out as a impulsive buy.

ringlord said:
Dodge/roll with the 'B' button as he attacks. You should be able to avoid most of what he throws at you. Keep your distance and hit him with guns when he's on two feet, move in and hit him with a finisher when he's on four feet.

If his little flying buzz-saws get on you, roll to knock them off.

If you're playing a Beserker, you'll probably die some anyway. :)

ha i wonder why i haven't tried that. those little screwballs are the number one reason i keep dying. and i am a beserker, screw you : (

TemplaerDude said:
ha i wonder why i haven't tried that. those little screwballs are the number one reason i keep dying. and i am a beserker, screw you : (

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just wait till you fight the next boss *shudders*

Chrange

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Roll outta the way more? I can't really say as I played co-op a bit before playing singleplayer. When I fought him I was level 19 so I mopped him up hardcore."

Biggest problem with me at least is the end where you have to hit his face and you can only do damage by meleeing.

You can shoot him to death from start to finish. That's what I did with my Commando and I don't think I took more than 10% damage start to finish on the fight. Just keep backing up and rolling when he gets close, then back to shooting.

The second boss wasn't bad either. Slide in and smack him, then roll backwards and come up shooting. You'll hit him 6-10 times in sequence, then he'll do his flip evading again. Slide in and repeat, etc...

"You can shoot him to death from start to finish. That's what I did with my Commando and I don't think I took more than 10% damage start to finish on the fight. Just keep backing up and rolling when he gets close, then back to shooting.

The second boss wasn't bad either. Slide in and smack him, then roll backwards and come up shooting. You'll hit him 6-10 times in sequence, then he'll do his flip evading again. Slide in and repeat, etc..."

I'm a berserker and I can't. I doesn't do damage to him when he stands up at the last part where he like tries to skin you with his mouth, and I've targeted everything I could and still no damage.

fin

Chrange said:
The second boss wasn't bad either. Slide in and smack him, then roll backwards and come up shooting. You'll hit him 6-10 times in sequence, then he'll do his flip evading again. Slide in and repeat, etc...

It's the process of getting to the boss that sucked.
shooting those fucking hovering things while he shoots arrows at you and does flips
Once you were able to hit him it was a piece of cake.

fin said:
shooting those fucking hovering things while he shoots arrows at you and does flips

QFT!

Chrange

Banned
I didn't try to target anything specific at that point, just locked it onto him and it was shooting into the red square on his chest as he lumbered towards me. It shouldn't matter that you're a Berserker - your guns still do damage, just not as much.

Chrange

Banned
fin said:

That was simple. Took me about 2 seconds per thingamabob with
the left-trigger fire mode on my laser cannon. Have to aim it yourself and it runs through ammo like water, but SUPER powerful.
:D

Soroc

arghhhhhhh!!! Will this fucking day end!!! I got 1 1/2 hours of work left and its killing me. I've spent way too much time on this thread today and all I can think about is going home and firing TH up :lol :lol

fin

Chrange said:
That was simple. Took me about 2 seconds per thingamabob with
the left-trigger fire mode on my laser cannon. Have to aim it yourself and it runs through ammo like water, but SUPER powerful.
:D

What class?

What gun?

I'm playing as a Champion and it took about 6 nade shots from my gun for each thingy.

Doodis

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I just keep wanting to bring up all the really bad reviews and like that popular video going around. "5.5 REALLYYYYYYYYYY Gamespot? Really????? 5.5" I feel like I'm playing a different game then the "professionals" did.

SK, DENIS! THANK YOU FOR THIS GAME.

and all the haters... I swear If I don't get the rest of the trilogy due to you guys... !!!!!!!!

Honestly, I just feel bad for the folks at Silicon Knights. This game is fun. Sure it has flaws, but all games do. The developers put a lot into this game, and I'm sure it can't be easy to see all those poor reviews out there. It's obvious there is an audience for the game, as plenty of us are loving it. It's just too bad more reviewers didn't fall into that audience. I am seriously baffled by the low scores.

fin said:

Thats why I asked you if you fought him yet haha I was gunna ask for tips, dude was a BITCH.

Hurry up and beat it so we can co-op

Doodis

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'm slow today. :lol What the hell does that mean?
Add NeoGAF TooHuman as one of your friends, then you can check that tag's friends list (all of us) to see who is online and invite them to play. It's a slick way to do a pseudo clan.

Doodis said:
Add NeoGAF TooHuman as one of your friends, then you can check that tag's friends list (all of us) to see who is online and invite them to play. It's a slick way to do a pseudo clan.

Nice I never thought of that. I now feel stupid for not knowing... but then redeemed because I'm now smarter again because of it. :D

Will do!

Top Bottom