• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

pr0cs

this thread and all the names on my friends list playing is making it really hard not to jump in.
you're all eeeevil.

Ok, I've got two more questions. Is there a deposit box or anything somewhere to store items or only what your guy can carry? And secondly when looking at the charms what do the symbols at the bottom of the explanation mean?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ok, I've got two more questions. Is there a deposit box or anything somewhere to store items or only what your guy can carry? And secondly when looking at the charms what do the symbols at the bottom of the explanation mean?
- No deposit box that I know of
- To activate charms you need to complete the quest and insert the runes listed at the bottom

"- No deposit box that I know of
- To activate charms you need to complete the quest and insert the runes listed at the bottom"

Lack of a deposit box really really sucks and man I can't believe I didn't see that for the charms. I just finished inserting stuff into my weapons and I didn't see it for the charms somehow. Thanks.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"- No deposit box that I know of
- To activate charms you need to complete the quest and insert the runes listed at the bottom"

Lack of a deposit box really really sucks and man I can't believe I didn't see that for the charms. I just finished inserting stuff into my weapons and I didn't see it for the charms somehow. Thanks.

Haha I went the whole game not knowing you had to insert runes into the charms to complete quests. I was doing the quests but I guess they weren't getting finished. Now I need to get more runes.

xxjuicesxx said:
Haha I went the whole game not knowing you had to insert runes into the charms to complete quests. I was doing the quests but I guess they weren't getting finished. Now I need to get more runes.

It seems there is alot of little things here and there that are being missed by players. Yet thats ok, for in this holy sect of Too Human, we all help each other out! :D

fin

xxjuicesxx said:

Wat?

I don't get it

goldenpp72

Ok so I beat the second level and hated it, loved the first, does it get better? The constant spamming and killing of me was annoying.

goldenpp72 said:
Ok so I beat the second level and hated it, loved the first, does it get better? The constant spamming and killing of me was annoying.
The third level I think is the best. The fourth drags on a little.

fin said:
Wat?

I don't get it

Runes and Charms different on Charms screen press X to insert Rune into charms, corresponding icons neccesary. In order to complete charm quest you need to do the quest and then fill the runes. I had no idea until I just read it.

And yes there needs to be in-game tutorial TIPS (not a tutorial) that can be toggled. I didn't understand how to take down trolls for awhile.

Xamdou

It says inventory is full so I salvaged some weapons but it still says inventory is full??

My inventory salvage is on smart mode btw.

"It says inventory is full so I salvaged some weapons but it still says inventory is full??

My inventory salvage is on smart mode btw."

A certain part of your inventory may be full, you can't hold more than 20 charms and 60 runes so you may need to see if there's room in places other than just weapons and armor.

Also, one more question if anyone knows, when putting the runes into the charm does it matter at all what the effects of the rune are? Like if I put 2 that increases attack rate by 8% does that also happen on top of the charm's effect or just the charm's effect?

Xamdou said:
It says inventory is full so I salvaged some weapons but it still says inventory is full??

My inventory salvage is on smart mode btw.

Well how much extra armor peices and weapons do you have outta curiousty? Is it pretty full in the menus or...?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
A certain part of your inventory may be full, you can't hold more than 20 charms and 60 runes so you may need to see if there's room in places other than just weapons and armor.

^^^^^

What he said.

Storyline wise, what's the deal with the cyberspace world with the three witches? I didn't really understand it in the demo and I'm not really understanding it now. I understand everything else, just the cyberspace bit has lost me.

Just completed second world and called it a night and it says I'm 41% through the game... surely I'm not nearly at the halfway point already?

Xamdou said:
Ok what is the default setting for auto-salvage type so I don't have to delete something everytime I get a new item?

Well if you put it on auto salvage, basically everytime you have full weapons or armor, it will slavage the lowest one out of all your equipment. I think thats the best bet although I guess it doesn't remove the runes or charms since it seems another posters inventory is showing up full even though auto salavage is on. Anyone correct me if I'm missing something else informative.

PrivateRyan said:
Just completed second world and called it a night and it says I'm 41% through the game... surely I'm not nearly at the halfway point already?

Well there is only
4 main areas so technically you are at the halfway point. Though the other half should take you longer then the first.
Also this game is meant to be played co-op or again single player to level up and get better loot. Although if your just looking at the game for the story aspect... yeah you might be done with it sooner rather then later.

master15

Mifune said:
Give the demo a shot. It contains those first twenty minutes and it's playable.

Ha, I would love to but at the moment I simply don't own any next-generation machines, including Wii yet I still follow games and news (GAF effect in motion). Really just interested to read the feedback and hear impressions.

_mo

l_f7de0a1794dca277833750ce3f50961c.jpg

"Just beat level 2, now I went to the tree and teleported to the norms realm and whats the purpose to going there?"

Same as before, unlock things, further the story, go to areas you couldn't previously access.

Xamdou

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Just beat level 2, now I went to the tree and teleported to the norms realm and whats the purpose to going there?"

Same as before, unlock things, further the story, go to areas you couldn't previously access.

I see but It seems my char doesn't have the 3rd ability on top of the push and lift? How do I get the 3rd ability?

"I see but It seems my char doesn't have the 3rd ability on top of the push and lift? How do I get the 3rd ability?"

As far as I can tell you get one a level so probably a little later? You don't need it yet.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well there is only
4 main areas so technically you are at the halfway point. Though the other half should take you longer then the first.
Also this game is meant to be played co-op or again single player to level up and get better loot. Although if your just looking at the game for the story aspect... yeah you might be done with it sooner rather then later.

Thanks. I guess I'm playing for the story aspect right now, I'm not too sure on replaying the whole thing because that second level really dragged towards the end... the game has been pretty enjoyable so far but it definitely needs much punchier pace.

FrankT

Wizpig said:
Damn Game UK, they stopped giving pre-order armor codes.
Now i need one and don't know where to get one... tips? :(

Should have went with the 1000 points. The armor set is level 1 so it doesn't last all that long. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Truant

I just played the demo for the very fist time, and I loved it. The combat feels great, I love the loot gathering, and the graphics are great. The only thing that bothers me is the somewhat strange camera, although setting it to isometric mode usually helps. The other thing is the framerate. I normally don't care about that at all, but I noticed it here when I was going through tons of bad-guys.

PrivateRyan said:
Thanks. I guess I'm playing for the story aspect right now, I'm not too sure on replaying the whole thing because that second level really dragged towards the end... the game has been pretty enjoyable so far but it definitely needs much punchier pace.

Well this is where co-op comes in. BSing with a buddy while getting your character to a higher level makes the levels fly by. Its not for everyone though. Hope you enjoy the rest of the single player game.

Truant said:
I normally don't care about that at all, but I noticed it here when I was going through tons of bad-guys.
I've only seen minor odd dips here and there in the full retail version and this happened when there was a mad crowd of enemies and never lasted very long.

Wizpig

Jtyettis said:
Should have went with the 1000 points. The armor set is level 1 so it doesn't last all that long. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I know, but that website only ships to my country with Standard Mail... i don't like how that "Standard" sounds.
It could take them like 1 or 2 weeks, and i don't want that to happen.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
_mo said:

Very clever. This is a nice little troll on the "future" of a Canadian city IIRC. Dyack had an interview where he said this game could determine the future of a city (don't remember the name). This pic seems to be saying the game is a failure and the town will be destroyed.

EDIT: I guess you were thinking no one would notice your stealthy type troll on the game. Just isn't possible for anyone to enjoy is it? After all, the reviews said it can't be enjoyed.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bane of the Jomsvikings is sick. I went from 496 with my old weapon (which was the highest I found for a lvl 25) to 744 Damage. SO AWESOME!

Mifune

Mehmber
PrivateRyan said:

Let us know what you think of level three. I think it's by far the best paced of the first few.

FrankT

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bane of the Jomsvikings is sick. I went from 496 with my old weapon (which was the highest I found for a lvl 25) to 744 Damage. SO AWESOME!

Man I'm feeling good at level ~20 with Berserker and blues pumping out 700 non-crits. Other then my weapon choices my gear is pretty good however. What class are you?

Mifune said:
Let us know what you think of level three. I think it's by far the best paced of the first few.

I enjoyed level 3 (finished it earlier) a lot and 2 has been my least favorite so far.

"Man I'm feeling good at level ~20 with Berserker and blues pumping out 700 non-crits. Other then my weapon choices my gear is pretty good however. What class are you?"

Well on the normal monsters I went from doing about a 1000 and change 1028ish and am now doing 1535 normal/non-crit. This weapon is fucking sick! :D

RSTEIN said:
You guys are *this* close on convincing me to get this.

playing it single player is a blast, tbh i wasn't really even thinking too much about co-op because i was having a good enough time in campaign mode but i just played through level 1 again on a new toon with my buddy, and i have to say it's going to be hard to go back to single player now.

If you played the demo and enjoyed it, then it's def worth picking up. it's so much fun, personally i think the story is awesome (it's what will keep me from playing co-op), and if you like leveling your character then there's 5 classes each to level to 50. personally, it's tied with mgs4 for my goty. highly recommended.

mm04

Damn, I'm jealous of all you guys storming through this already. My question is, will there be a trading thread created one of these days? I'm assuming some of you have some good loot that you can't use because of class/alignment etc. choices.

C Jones

mm04 said:
Damn, I'm jealous of all you guys storming through this already. My question is, will there be a trading thread created one of these days? I'm assuming some of you have some good loot that you can't use because of class/alignment etc. choices.
Speaking of trading, have any of you used the trading system yet? If so, how is it?

FrankT

Cerrius said:
This game could've been something special with 4 player co-op.

What a shame.

One can only hope MS and SK can make it happen with an update. Let the gamers make the ultimate call if they want it or not. Perhaps if people keep the pressure up it could happen. Not sure if that kind of update is even possible now however.

Anyone have there friends list look something like this in the last day or so;

Playing Too Human
Playing Too Human
Playing Too Human Demo
Playing Too Human

:lol

C Jones said:
Speaking of trading, have any of you used the trading system yet? If so, how is it?

Was wondering this myself. The trading in this game could really give it some legs as far as replay value.

Mifune

Mehmber
xS1TH L0RDx said:
personally i think the story is awesome (it's what will keep me from playing co-op).

I agree with you.

Sometimes the dialogue is awful and the cutscene direction is clumsy but you know what, given the fact that they are trying to combine ye olde Norse with futuristic stuff, I'm not sure anyone else could have done a better job with it. It's incredibly ambitious and a little bit batshit insane (always a good thing in my book).

Hey is that awful noise in the menus in the full game? I'm talking about that high-pitched whine that makes my ears bleed.

If so, is there a way to lower the volume.?

Believe it or not, that was my biggest beef with the demo.

Top Bottom