• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Doodis

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Nice I never thought of that. I now feel stupid for not knowingthat... but then redeemed because I'm now smarter again because of it. :D

Will do!
Knowing is half the battle.

So I picked it up, have played an hour and so, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The combat is fun, graphics aren't pretty good (cyberspace looks very nice), and I'm already gathering some good loot. Look forward to playing some more later, but so far I can see myself getting a good bit of time out of it with all of the classes/skills/equipment combinations.

ringlord

GitarooMan said:
Look forward to playing some more later, but so far I can see myself getting a good bit of time out of it with all of the classes/skills/equipment combinations.

Yep. There's an achievement for taking each of the 5 classes to level 10, which I'm sure I'll do. But I'll probably only take a favorite class or two to level 50... unless I just go nuts and can't get enough of the game after that.

fin

xxjuicesxx said:
Thats why I asked you if you fought him yet haha I was gunna ask for tips, dude was a BITCH.

Hurry up and beat it so we can co-op

I should finish it tonight. Dude, I can't believe you went through it in one sitting.

MMaRsu

BenjaminBirdie said:
Probably because for a lot of people the demo wasn't "hilariously bad".

Really? The glitches, bad animations, floaty controls, stiff movement, lack of good UI, really bad VA ?

Or was that just something in my demo...

I mean sure you can like the core gameplay I guess but there are much better games out there...

Lebron

good grief at playing through the ice forest a 2nd time. I saw ice trolls, fire trolls, slow trolls, super trolls, poisonous(?) trolls, explosive trolls all over the place:lol

at least I finally got a orange shield and sword drop out of it. Surprised I only died like 5 times, since I was soloing. Definitely going to have to play that one through co-op, was pretty lengthy, yet fun.

edit: I haven't even started the 3rd dungeon yet with Thor and Mimir yet. Keep replaying old dungeons :p

fin

MMaRsu said:
Really? The glitches, bad animations, floaty controls, stiff movement, lack of good UI, really bad VA ?

I mean sure you can like the core gameplay I guess but there are much better games out there...

Read the past 30 pages to see why the game is good.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:

Please leave this thread!

"Really? The glitches, bad animations, floaty controls, stiff movement, lack of good UI, really bad VA ?

I mean sure you can like the core gameplay I guess but there are much better games out there..."

Why did you come in this thread again?

MMaRsu

just saying I'm surprised so many people picked this up. I can't state what I disliked about the demo?

I hardly took any part in the Dyack thing, so I'm just voicing my opinion based on the demo.

fin said:
Read the past 30 pages to see why the game is good.

Lol I'm not going to read back 30 pages... why don't you just tell me?

PSGames

MMaRsu said:

Don't take the bait people.

goldenpp72

this isn't the official too human demo thread, it's not really for bashing the game since gaf has 99 other topics to do that with one not about it, that being this one.

Xenon

So why do I have a red/yellow thing thats says "0%" on my screen by my combo meter?

Then you should go play one and stay out of this thread. =P

Edit: Im still using some of my pre-order armor at level 12. I guess it was worth it.

FrankT

MMaRsu said:
just saying I'm surprised so many people picked this up. I can't state what I disliked about the demo?

I hardly took any part in the Dyack thing, so I'm just voicing my opinion based on the demo.

We had a demo thread, but thanks. Now if you have some impressions of the full game more than happy to hear em. This thread has been pretty good and demo impressions should be left to the demo thread. It is selling because people actually like it just like a decent handful of reviewers. Nothing more, nothing less.

"good grief at playing through the ice forest a 2nd time. I saw ice trolls, fire trolls, slow trolls, super trolls, poisonous(?) trolls, explosive trolls all over the place

at least I finally got a orange shield and sword drop out of it. Surprised I only died like 5 times, since I was soloing. Definitely going to have to play that one through co-op, was pretty lengthy, yet fun."

I'm 25 and replaying the first level and having trouble now because of the all the new badguys. Also, is there a way to put yourself out if you catch on fire or you just have to wait?

Lebron

Xenon said:
So why do I have a red/yellow thing thats says "0%" on my screen by my combo meter?
Did you go the Cybernetic path? I believe that's for the skill that causes your damage to increase a certain percent when you reach a certain number of combos.

Also, is there a way to put yourself out if you catch on fire or you just have to wait?
I haven't found a way if there is. When you have those Fire trolls hammering your ass, plus those fire goblins(?) that shoot the missiles blasting the area around you, it becomes really, REALLY, annoying. Wish there was a rune or something that canceled the burn effect, or is there?

MMaRsu said:
Bait? :lol

Well it just appears that you came in here with a negative attitude right off the bat. Not a good thing. As stated though, this is a thread for people currently playing the full release of the game and if you try it out at any time and want to post impressions will gladly take em.

MMaRsu said:

I didn't find the controls floaty once I used them correctly. The cutscene stuff is laughable, but the game itself is pretty great actually. I'm enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed the demo.

Haven't run into any glitches either. Which ones?

BenjaminBirdie said:
I didn't find the controls floaty once I used them correctly. The cutscene stuff is laughable, but the game itself is pretty great actually. I'm enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed the demo.

Haven't run into any glitches either. Which ones?

You know the one where you fall through the floor and... oh wait that hasn't happened! :lol

Lebron said:
Did you go the Cybernetic path? I believe that's for the skill that causes your damage to increase a certain percent when you reach a certain number of combos.

That might be what Efficiency does on the humanside. There's a similar red/yellow percentage sign.

It all makes sense now.

Xenon

Lebron said:

Cools thnx. I havent applied any points to it yet.

Damn I died =(

Now I plan on beating the game only dying once =D

"I didn't find the controls floaty once I used them correctly. The cutscene stuff is laughable, but the game itself is pretty great actually. I'm enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed the demo.

Haven't run into any glitches either. Which ones?"

I don't know about the demo but I increased by sliding speed and everything and sometimes when fighting a lot of enemies at once (25 or more) all around you my guy has glitched and stuck in the air a little bit and freaking out but doing no damage and couldn't move. Same happened to some enemies when comboing they would start twitching in the air and I couldn't hit them and then they would all of a sudden die. That's all I've noticed though.

Xenon said:
Cools thnx. I havent applied any points to it yet.

Damn I died =(

Now I plan on beating the game only dying once =D

Really, you might need to get used to dying. It will mostly occur often. Yet if you can go through with only one or two deaths... you are definelty NOT Too Human.:D

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't know about the demo but I increased by sliding speed and everything and sometimes when fighting a lot of enemies at once (25 or more) all around you my guy has glitched and stuck in the air a little bit and freaking out but doing no damage and couldn't move. Same happened to some enemies when comboing they would start twitching in the air and I couldn't hit them and then they would all of a sudden die. That's all I've noticed though.

The only thing I've noticed is some enemies getting knocked back over a ledge and then standing up in mid air. Granted these are gltiches but I haven't seen anything game breaking. Everygame has glitches...amirite?

BenjaminBirdie said:
That might be what Efficiency does on the humanside. There's a similar red/yellow percentage sign.

It all makes sense now.
24oubyg.jpg

Yup, I think it's either "efficiency" for humanside or "damage" for cyberside.

"The only thing I've noticed is some enemies getting knocked back over a ledge and then standing up in mid air. Granted these are gltiches but I haven't seen anything game breaking. Everygame has glitches...amirite?"

O, of course. They're not game breaking in the least, if they were I wouldn't have 12 hours in so far. He just asked what glitches and those were the only ones I ran into.

fin

Cornballer said:
24oubyg.jpg

Yup, I think it's either "efficiency" for humanside or "damage" for cyberside.

And that is affected by your second skill tree? Crazy I never even new I had another one.

You know after getting a good amount of game time last night, I got to thinking. How is this game any worse then say Phatasy Star Online? Not to hate on that game either but really? I just don't see how people can hate this game and for instance love that game. To each their own I guess.

btw...anyone in the upper 30 or 40 levels yet?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
O, of course. They're not game breaking in the least, if they were I wouldn't have 12 hours in so far. He just asked what glitches and those were the only ones I ran into.

Oh yeah it wasn't a knock against you or anything but just stating what I've seen so far as well, in all seriousness.

"You know after getting a good amount of game time last night, I got to thinking. How is this game any worse then say Phatasy Star Online? Not to hate on that game either but really? I just don't see how people can hate this game and for instance love that game. To each their own I guess.

btw...anyone in the upper 30 or 40 levels yet?"

To be honest that's what I liked about this game so much, it reminded me so much of PSO.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"You know after getting a good amount of game time last night, I got to thinking. How is this game any worse then say Phatasy Star Online? Not to hate on that game either but really? I just don't see how people can hate this game and for instance love that game. To each their own I guess.

btw...anyone in the upper 30 or 40 levels yet?"

To be honest that's what I liked about this game so much, it reminded me so much of PSO.

Well if I recall right, in one of the many other TH threads. Someone was going on about how PSO is so different from Too Human, etc. I mean I know this genre in general isn't the most popular but it definetly has a strong following, enough to have developers continue to make more of them.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"The only thing I've noticed is some enemies getting knocked back over a ledge and then standing up in mid air. Granted these are gltiches but I haven't seen anything game breaking. Everygame has glitches...amirite?"

Oh yeah, I mean, I've seen one of the like forty goblins or whatever occasionally get stuck somewhere but, you know. Nothing game shattering.

I played Gears again the other day and one of the trucks your supposed to move for cover just leapt into the air and started spinning.

Gears is still an amazing game.

PSGames

MMaRsu
Banned
(Today, 05:18 PM)
Reply | Quote

The mods have been doing a really great job, despite all the Dyack drama. Much respect.

Raide

slasher_thrasher21 said:
You know after getting a good amount of game time last night, I got to thinking. How is this game any worse then say Phatasy Star Online? Not to hate on that game either but really? I just don't see how people can hate this game and for instance love that game. To each their own I guess.

I think the lack of 4 player co-op is what makes the PSO link more difficult to see. And the huge section where people could meet and create teams is also part of the thing that TH needs. Even stuff like clan/guild support too! :lol

I just don't think SK really see Too Human as a community based game...sadly. :(

Raide said:
I think the lack of 4 player co-op is what makes the PSO link more difficult to see. And the huge section where people could meet and create teams is also part of the thing that TH needs. Even stuff like clan/guild support too! :lol

I just don't think SK really see Too Human as a community based game...sadly. :(

Well either that or perhaps they really just didn't have the proper time to implement it well. Quite frankly it seems like all the ground work is there for 4 players. Perhaps if part 2 and 3 do get made, we will see that included.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just got it for $29.99 at BB. They price matched TRU($49.99) and then I used a $20 reward zone certificate. I have to say, this worked out really well. If anyone wants to add me for some coop, my gt is the same as my username.

PARANO1A

Asian version is region free, meaning I could have TH for $55AUD (half price roughly)... I haven't seen too many balanced thoughts of the game - just two extremes. What's the best review/user feedback to help me make up my mind, GAF?

I have the feeling TH could be the third game in my "poorly reviewed loads of fun" 360 exclusive pile... the other two being Project Sylpheed and EDF 2017.

Mifune

Mehmber
Okay, I just got past the third level. Wow!

If the whole game was like that level, I think reviewers would have been more kind. Great pacing, nice story sprinkled throughout, awesome atmosphere. Even the boss battle rocked! Or maybe it was just the fucking amazing music that did it for me.

I really dug the closing cinema too.

master15

Borman said:
b0e71a13.jpg

More shameless advertising by myself, but I posted the first 20 minutes of Too Human on my site:
http://superiorversion.com/content/view/258/30/

Along with around 50 720p screenshots

It`s probably best I leave my distain for Dyack out of this but as someone that was really put off by the game`s loot hunting and what appeared to be very repetitive gameplay, I actually thought the first 20 minutes like kind of nice actually.

The cinematics also didn`t look nearly as bad as I`ve read and seen either. Like you said the music is pretty fantastic (Even seemed to be a piece sounding very eerily like a piece in Eternal Darkness). Will you be putting up more videos by chance? Your site has fantastic quality I would love to see more.

Mifune

Mehmber
master15 said:
It`s probably best I leave my distain for Dyack out of this but as someone that was really put off by the game`s loot hunting and what appeared to be very repetitive gameplay, I actually thought the first 20 minutes like good of nice actually.

The cinematics also didn`t look nearly as bad as I`ve read and seen either. Like you said the music is pretty fantastic (Even seemed to be a piece sounding very eerily like a piece in Eternal Darkness). Will you be putting up more videos by chance? Your site has fantastic quality I would love to see more.

Give the demo a shot. It contains those first twenty minutes and it's playable.

Top Bottom