• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NOOO why is it over?! :( :(

THE BEEES!!!!

tumblr_m178z4x1rT1qa8x5fo1_400.gif

Raxus

Wow. These commercials really want to make sure I dint watch Grudge Match.

Night Toonami GAF.

Great night tonight.

Seda

zlCfzRV35t8n9C76_I

Best one. I haven't seen the episode yet though.

I'm back to the usual routine now. Shouldn't miss the next several weeks. Gonna have to watch Trigun movie sometime.

Seda

I only missed half of SAO, I think I can survive not seeing the first half. Probably don't need to (re)watch Naruto Shippuden 1 either as nothing really happens yet.

Sounds like this week's Bleach episode was a real gem, huh.

Raxus

ranking time:

Space Dandy
One Piece
FMA: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell
Soul Eater
InuYasha
IGPX
Naruto Shippuden
Naruto
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Bleach
A root canal
asshats
Sword Art Online
I only missed half of SAO, I think I can survive not seeing the first half. Probably don't need to (re)watch Naruto Shippuden 1 either as nothing really happens yet.

Sure. If you like nails on a chalkboard in stereo.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*bow* Thanks a lot guys :) This new schedule is kinda grueling for the dump, but it felt great to get back into the old swing of things, after all those movies.

It was also great to see some full EDs tonight. Cut OPs are meh, but I can live with a few tradeoffs.

Space Dandy... so far I feel like it's a glorious excuse for the artist to just draw whatever the hell they want. Kinda like Excel Saga, just... well, no, that's it! Did I hear Dandy say something about "Nothing gets between a man and his Lum!" during our big opening bumsplination?

Great Music, great Episode 1 Animation (lets see where it settles!), chock full for stupid references and cool scenes... yeah, I think I can get to really enjoy this show...

Definitely time to rest now! To BOOBIES! (o_O;)

Oh yeah... and if Kirito was going to Bite Leafa... was totally expecting this instead. SAO takes the high road! *LAWLZ*

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

It really sucks that we only got 1 episode of shippuden last night because the first episode of shippude nwas a hour long

It really sucks that we only got 1 episode of shippuden last night because the first episode of shippude nwas a hour long

It didn't help that they started with a 15 minute flash forward so we basically only got 15 minutes out of what I assume was original 45 minutes of the beginning of the story

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF

Space Dandy was so much fun. The first episode established what kind of show it is, a light-hearted comedy with no regard for continuity, no fourth wall, and amazing animation. As for the fanservice, it was tame and it fit the Hooters knock-off they were visiting. SAO had worse (and more disgusting).

Bleach was dumber than usual. I guess it was due to following Space Dandy, but it was still pretty stupid. Two Momo clones! Double the annoying! At least we got to see the scene where Ice Tard was tricked into stabbing her. Hahahahaha.

Shippuden was... Shippuden. I will say I did not expect
Kurama
to sound like Dr. Claw.
Also, Sasuke never heard of Madara Uchiha? Either that was added by the dub, or Kishimoto fucked up again. I'd say take a shot every time there's a massive plot hole in Naruto, but you'd be dead fairly quickly.

One Piece was an emotional ride. When the series wants to get serious, it gets fucking serious and pulls zero punches. Thankfully it's contrasted to many fun moments that make you laugh and go "HELL YEAH". But yeah, there's plenty of gut-punching scenes later in the series.

Soul Eater was... *sighs* I really want a Soul Eater Brotherhood. But do we get it? No! We get fucking Soul Eater NOT with its moe protagonists.

SAO.... I swear this show is trolling me.
What kind of dumb MMO requires you to speak for magic to work? MMOs are usually played by people all over the world, all with varying dialects and accents. I don't care if it's the future, there's no speech recognition software advanced enough to do that!

Also I love inconsistent writing!
"I won't let anyone die again! Even though nothing will happen this time!" "It's just a game, who cares what happens?" Fuck this!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Good morning Toonami-GAF

Space Dandy was so much fun. The first episode established what kind of show it is, a light-hearted comedy with no regard for continuity, no fourth wall, and amazing animation. As for the fanservice, it was tame and it fit the Hooters knock-off they were visiting. SAO had worse (and more disgusting).

Bleach was dumber than usual. I guess it was due to following Space Dandy, but it was still pretty stupid. Two Momo clones! Double the annoying! At least we got to see the scene where Ice Tard was tricked into stabbing her. Hahahahaha.

Shippuden was... Shippuden. I will say I did not expect
Kurama
to sound like Dr. Claw.
Also, Sasuke never heard of Madara Uchiha? Either that was added by the dub, or Kishimoto fucked up again. I'd say take a shot every time there's a massive plot hole in Naruto, but you'd be dead fairly quickly.

One Piece was an emotional ride. When the series wants to get serious, it gets fucking serious and pulls zero punches. Thankfully it's contrasted to many fun moments that make you laugh and go "HELL YEAH". But yeah, there's plenty of gut-punching scenes later in the series.

Soul Eater was... *sighs* I really want a Soul Eater Brotherhood. But do we get it? No! We get fucking Soul Eater NOT with its moe protagonists.

SAO.... I swear this show is trolling me.
What kind of dumb MMO requires you to speak for magic to work? MMOs are usually played by people all over the world, all with varying dialects and accents. I don't care if it's the future, there's no speech recognition software advanced enough to do that!

Also I love inconsistent writing!
"I won't let anyone die again! Even though nothing will happen this time!" "It's just a game, who cares what happens?" Fuck this!

Sasuke just says that because he doesnt really care, and basically it was more of a teaser than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom