• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bastards. Wait, dub or sub?

Sounds like it's the raw Japanese version. I'm guessing the "opening subs" are probably just the normal broadcast subs that opening themes usually have.

Still sucks that it's out in the wild, fansubs will probably follow within hours.

Looks like Space Dandy had a little leaky leak. Not touching that with a ten foot pole, though. Gotta imagine Demarco will be as pissed as always when he finds out.

EDIT: Sounds like only the opening is subbed, though? So I guess only really a leak if you speak Japanese.

I was afraid something like this was going to happen.

This is why we can't have nice things.

You'd think the people taken care of the footage would keep it locked up safe and secure, but then this happens.

speaking of people who are poopy faces because they went and watched, i never did say what i thought of the 10 minute preview for Space Dandy. i'll spoiler tag in case you guys really wanna go in fresh, but there are no actual spoilers for content here, just what i thought of it.

it was decent. nothing mind-blowing, but it was really nice to look at and had quite a few amusing jokes. i imagine the dub's going to make all the difference here, because simple delivery can change a lot and some of this is simply lost on me as a person who's only reading subtitles. there's nothing terribly compelling about the characters, but they work well enough and 10 minutes is hardly much time to judge. i also think the idea of getting up in arms about any of the "fanservice" here is pretty ridiculous because it's pretty damn tame; it's some guys at Space Hooters, which you expect from the promos. there's women walking around in revealing outfits serving food, and that's about the extent of it; i was led to expect a ton of lingering close-ups and slow pans upward, but there were very few of those. quality-wise, it was about what i expected honestly. though i think my expectations were lower than most people, because it kinda seems like everyone is expecting truly great things. i've been expecting an amusing comedy, and that's what it was.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm waiting 'til Saturday.

Gonna be fun to be back in the groove. Been a month since I've joined everybody.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This must have made relations rocky right now, someone is on the phone with somebody right now.

Might watch the OP to get gifs but that's it

Also FUCK SNOW

Seriously at one point I was doing my best Mario Kart DS impersonation and snaking for a solid half mile, then when I got to the big hill the only way I was able to go up was side ways. I shit you not my car was perpendicular to the road and going up hill at a pretty steady rate. Work has already told me it's okay to call out if the roads are bad and I don't feel safe driving, go walmart. I bet mcdonalds would have told me to "deal" and drive in the snow. Fuck mcdonalds, FUCK SNOW, and fuck kickheart.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Space Dandy leaked? Not touching that with a mile-long pole.
Someone's ass is getting skewed tonight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, came out 2 days early? Oh well, I can be patient and deal waiting until Saturday. Besides, it'd be more fun going in fresh for the group discussion.

MikeMyers

The Lich King WILL NOT BE PLEASED

REVENGE IS MINE

naraku_hot.jpg

So everyone's been talking about their GotYs for 2013 and stuff like that, I'm more interested in everyone's most anticipated titles of 2014, why isn't that a topic of discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom