• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

That's a really cool interview by someone who clearly knows their shit about tattoos. That said, writer needs to work on their sentence structure quite a bit.

It's mostly cause people are catching up with naruto and valvrave

I decided to read the manga instead, I'm so freaking excited for this weekend! Space Dandy premier, Bleach gathering steam, Shippuden, Water 7, SAO reactions, Brotherhood reaching its climax (I think) and Kusanagi being the best waifu on the block...my body is ready.

Haven't been posting as much as I used to lately due to something good happening in my personal life but I will find a balance and be back to normal soon.

Speaking of Naruto and Valvrave, it's time to watch some.

That's a really cool interview by someone who clearly knows their shit about tattoos. That said, writer needs to work on their sentence structure quite a bit.
You said it, man. That was an annoying read.

Cwarrior

huh space dandy leaked, Not touching that until it's at least
720p englished dubbed

Am one TEAM DUB in the upcoming war, I've heard bits of the dub and I prefer the ferrets and robots voice in the dub from what I heard.

Naruto 133 impressions.

Holy fuck. The feels, the animation, the action! So amazing!!! Now this is anime. I was so enthralled that I didn't even notice that it was almost over. One more episode to go for today.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I decided to read the manga instead, I'm so freaking excited for this weekend! Space Dandy premier, Bleach gathering steam, Shippuden, Water 7, SAO reactions, Brotherhood reaching its climax (I think) and Kusanagi being the best waifu on the block...my body is ready.

Haven't been posting as much as I used to lately due to something good happening in my personal life but I will find a balance and be back to normal soon.

You should watch naruto episodes I think starting with 129 for the final fight

Naruto 134 impressions.

And with that Sasuke is gone. Kakashi got there too late. Poor Naruto. Kakashi failed him once again. Tomorrow i'll watch the final two episodes and then i'll be ready for Shippuden.

Time to finish catching up on Valvrave. But first I need to take a break.

mhs004

Ohh god I just saw the SAO season two announcement. I've been visiting family since break started. Kill me now, this world has nothing to offer me but pain and misery.

Valvrave 16 impressions.

Well this episode was fucked up. More child murderers and Marie lost all her memories (and died?) Also, the fuck. They just left Saki there with whatshisface. Unless they picked her up when I wasn't looking. At least now I understand what the deal is with L-Elf. It had been bugging me for a while now so it was good to finally learn the truth. Time for the next episode.

Ohh god I just saw the SAO season two announcement. I've been visiting family since break started. Kill me now, this world has nothing to offer me but pain and misery.
We shall all die together when SAO season two premieres on Toonami.

Valvrave 17 impressions.

What is going on here? Are the vampire Illuminati feeding on tons of people? What was the ceremony for? This show just keeps raising so many questions. Also, it figures that Haruto's nightmares are so obvious. At least he manned up a bit and decided to carry the burden of the valvrave himself. And fuck this show. I kept waiting for the valvrave pilots to take out some of L-Elf's old group in battle but instead the Vampire Iluminati are the ones doing the killing. Talk about being cheated. Oh well. One more episode to go and i'll be all caught up.

Well so much for work, got stuck trying to drive up the hill and had to back into my driveway. Maybe I can finish Naruto by tomorrow lol. Sucks to miss a shift but I'm glad it's not held against me

Kirito is still the main character, pink haired chick is the new co star who assist Kirito and wants his
vagina

I just saw this...

phantombullet.jpg

kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

Valvrave 18 impressions.

So Haruto's dad is a nutjob. I thought he was just a kooky scientist that had his son's genetic info as a picture on his desk. What a creep. Anywho, L-Elf seems to be doing better than him. Dude's looking all gallant and shit. What a charmer. Something tells me this won't end well for him.

And with that episode done I am now fully caught up with the prewatch block. I'll be joining you guys every Saturday from now on.

I just saw this...

phantombullet.jpg

kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif
Hahah Perfect reaction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I finished up Naruto tonight, and holy shit I forgot how great that last fight was. The animation was amazing.

SPOILERS EP 133
http://i.minus.com/iFwy3oJ818mUM.gif
http://i.minus.com/ib2pO1tjxKQWxm.gif
http://i.minus.com/iBHveGIXekXKx.gif

Wish Naruto looked like that more often.

It's even more jarring when you get to the first filler arc immediately after it which has the worst animation the show has ever produced.

It's insane by contrast. It's as bad as going from Tenchi OVA to GXP.

The first filler plot isn't even that bad; it makes total sense as a continuation of the plot. But that animation, holy shit.

It's even more jarring when you get to the first filler arc immediately after it which has the worst animation the show has ever produced.

It's insane by contrast. It's as bad as going from Tenchi OVA to GXP.

The first filler plot isn't even that bad; it makes total sense as a continuation of the plot. But that animation, holy shit.

i'm not even sure what happened to the GXP's animation. Universe looked good, if you could get past the art style then Tokyo was alright.

kingkitty

What are people's thoughts on Gunbuster?
The use of light speed and how much time can pass in mere seconds is such an interesting aspect to explore. An example is how the protagonist's friend became older and older while the protagonist was still like 17. Unfortunately the characters were kinda lacking. The redhead is a less interesting prototype of Asuka. Coach is just corny. However, the main protagonist is like Shinji if he was less fucking worthless, which is an improvement.

Whatever problems it might have, that 12,000 year ending was bittersweet and fantastic.

And the bath scene is shameless.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Early digital painting has not aged well.

Tenchi in Tokyo is done in that style and while it is bad it is a thousand times better than GXP's art. Same with the Sasami sailor moon spoof show. They all have below average art but only GXP has bottom barrel art.

They knew they had an awful script and that it would do ok based on the franchise so they obviously put nothing into the budget.

It's just sad to think of the general decline in the art. Tenchi OVA is gorgeous especially for the time it came out. Tenchi TV/Universe is a step down but still a great effort, the movies are all over the place, Tokyo is the real shift but is light years above the later day crap.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What are people's thoughts on Gunbuster?
The use of light speed and how much time can pass in mere seconds is such an interesting aspect to explore. An example is how the protagonist's friend became older and older while the protagonist was still like 17. Unfortunately the characters were kinda lacking. The redhead is a less interesting prototype of Asuka. Coach is just corny. However, the main protagonist is like Shinji if he was less fucking worthless, which is an improvement.

Whatever problems it might have, that 12,000 year ending was bittersweet and fantastic.

And the bath scene is shameless.
I enjoyed it for what it's worth, though I already though the whole
"OMG A GUY I JUST MET AND BARELY KNEW DIED ALL WITHIN THE SAME EPISODE I'M SAAAD"
wasn't as effective as it should have been.
Had she spent more time with him & he showed more emotions towards her, I think it would have worked better.
Oh, & if you want to see a more emotional version of the whole
time passes the farther you travel from Earth
deal, Voices of a Distant Star is great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm also in between taking trips to the driveway hidden under the snow. Got enough to get the cars out this morning, going to shovel a turn around and any ridges that have formed.

I really want to see Steins;Gate already. Been looping the opening and ending for a while now.

Once you're past the age of 18 snow/ice just become a nuisance
But i'm 21. ;_; Besides, if it ever did snow here i'm sure i'd get the day off. I'd get to go outside and enjoy the glorious winter wonderland. Bring on the snowstorms, mother nature.

As a little kid snow was awesome because it was a new experience for you and your childhood friends to play in. Sledding down steep hills, ice skating on frozen ponds, snowball fights in the streets, building ice forts in your backyard...those were some great times. When you got a little older, lets say teenage years, snow was appreciated mostly due to the fact that it could get you out of school, giving you more precious time to sleep in. The rest of the day would be spent playing video games and lounging around watching TV without a care in the world.

Fast forward to adulthood. Snow becomes something you are forced to battle, turning from a powerful ally into a deadly foe. Think of the Sasuke-Naruto relationship and you'll understand what I'm getting at.

Snow wastes time. Shoveling the driveway/sidewalk, digging your car out, scraping ice off the windshield at 7AM, waiting for the car to heat up and defrost, trying not to die on your way to work due to slick roads and decreased visibility...

I hate snow and ice.

As a little kid snow was awesome because it was a new experience for you and your childhood friends to play in. Sledding down steep hills, ice skating on frozen ponds, snowball fights in the streets, building ice forts in your backyard...those were some great times. When you got a little older, lets say teenage years, snow was appreciated mostly due to the fact that it could get you out of school, giving you more precious time to sleep in. The rest of the day would be spent playing video games and lounging around watching TV without a care in the world.

Fast forward to adulthood. Snow becomes something you are forced to battle, turning from a powerful ally into a deadly foe. Think of the Sasuke-Naruto relationship and you'll understand what I'm getting at.

Snow wastes time. Shoveling the driveway/sidewalk, digging your car out, scraping ice off the windshield at 7AM, waiting for the car to heat up and defrost, trying not to die on your way to work due to slick roads and decreased visibility...

I hate snow and ice.

That's the best way I've ever heard to describe snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom