• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats,

When it rains it pours, now I have an interview at two different subways lol. So friday I'm going to 4 different interviews lol I might need to call back and double check what time I agreed to meet each one this is getting confusing lol.

And before you ask, I was told I was expected to do the job of guest services until the new year before I get my raise. NOPE!

4 interviews in one day? That's crazy, hopefully one of those works out for you.

Scumbag McDonalds

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I know right.

When are you guys going to get married?
KuGsj.gif

tomorrow actually.
kidding

I think most of toonamiGAF would like certain slice-of-life shows. Like, say, Bunny Drop.

But it's moot since Toonami isn't going to air shows like that.

Why do you think that? With the shows toonamigaf has watched, I can't imagine there's any indication at all whether they would like or dislike it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No idea how toonami got hamtaro on there, but they did, now that I think about it, hamtaro is probably my first slice of life anime

I would have put SAO on Toonamj

1- popular and new show, helps to draw in viewers and keep viewers watching later

2- its a hilariously awful show that's great to watch in a group

3- keeps me in good relations with aniplex who is acquiring and dubbing a lot of anime I'd want to air

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would have put SAO on Toonamj

1- popular and new show, helps to draw in viewers and keep viewers watching later

2- its a hilariously awful show that's great to watch in a group

3- keeps me in good relations with aniplex who is acquiring and dubbing a lot of anime I'd want to air

Business wise SAO has been very good for Toonami.

Straight from the land of the rising sun, http://twitter.com/RollingPirahna/status/400968200424136704?p=v

So when can we expect this on Toonami?

I dunno how action packed not is, I was under the impression it was more a moe comedy then a shonen.

Business wise SAO has been very good for Toonami.

Exactly, like the show or not you'd be crazy to say it shouldn't have aired. GXP seems like a show that shouldn't have aired considering at one point it was the second show of the block and dropped into the rerun half of the block

I was joking, guys. Remember? This thing is more moe than melee?

Doesn't mean it won't air though, a trailer can tease action that flat out doesn't represent the series as a whole see SAO and (maybe?) gxp. Plus Soul Eater has been a fairly popular show on Toonami no reason to think they wouldn't want to air a prequel show.

Doesn't mean it won't air though, a trailer can tease action that flat out doesn't represent the series as a whole see SAO and (maybe?) gxp. Plus Soul Eater has been a fairly popular show on Toonami no reason to think they wouldn't want to air a prequel show.

Actually, you're right. They previously aired Tenchi and so they gave us the nightmare that was GXP. I don't know if this is good news or bad news.

They said SBT would return, I imagine it's in their pool of cheap things to air in cycle from 3-6 along with IGPX, Gits, etc

Have you been keeping up with HxH?

I know I hype up each new episode but damn, I'm really coming around on the Chimera Ant arc after seeing it animated. Still doesn't beat Yorknew City in my eyes but it's approaching the greatness of Heaven's Arena.

Have you been keeping up with HxH?

I know I hype up each new episode but damn, I'm really coming around on the Chimera Ant arc after seeing it animated. Still doesn't beat Yorknew City in my eyes but it's approaching the greatness of Heaven's Arena.

I've only see the first arc animated lol I need to get on it. Also the anime has only begun to get to the part where chimera any went from really good to one of the best ever.

Moaradin

This arc in HxH has been getting so good lately. Last couple episodes don't even have much action in it. I could watch the king play board games all day and not get tired of it.

I've only see the first arc animated lol I need to get on it. Also the anime has only begun to get to the part where chimera any went from really good to one of the best ever.

WHAT!? Get on that right away, it's easily the best show I've seen in quite a while. The animation is great.

This arc in HxH has been getting so good lately. Last couple episodes don't even have much action in it. I could watch the king play board games all day and not get tired of it.

Agreed, even though there isn't a ton of fighting the episodes seem to fly by. It's weird that I find myself wanting to watch a board game be played more than ants being fought.

Why do you keep changing your avatar ;_;

who are you anymore

What am I fighting foooooooor?!

Think im gonna start HxH soon

Good choice

I'm actually getting pumped to see Space Dandy >_>

I watched trailer 3 times today, so excited

WHAT!? Get on that right away, it's easily the best show I've seen in quite a while. The animation is great.

Agreed, even though there isn't a ton of fighting the episodes seem to fly by. It's weird that I find myself wanting to watch a board game be played more than ants being fought.

Hard to sit down and watch 100 episodes of a series I've already read lol

I must be the only one here who doesn't think Space Dandy looks great. Sure it has a great pedigree behind it but nothing in the trailer made me think "Wow this is going to be amazing, I can't wait to watch!"

I must be the only one here who doesn't think Space Dandy looks great. Sure it has a great pedigree behind it but nothing in the trailer made me think "Wow this is going to be amazing, I can't wait to watch!"

I was trying to keep my expectations low, the trailer did get me excited but the Toonami announcement put me over the edge.

Seda

Space Dandy having a seemingly large comedic focus could easily be hit or miss, depending on the comedy style and peoples tastes in that sort of stuff.

Of course people may not like the settings/character designs, not trying to say comedy is the only important aspect.

Space Dandy having a seemingly large comedic focus could easily be hit or miss, depending on the comedy style and peoples tastes in that sort of stuff.

Of course people may not like the settings/character designs, not trying to say comedy is the only important aspect.

Eh, I can't think of any anime with a large comedic element that I enjoy. Well, unless you count SAO, but that show is unintentionally funny.

Mushroom Samba and Cowboy Funk were pretty funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom