• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny episodes of Bebop:

My Funny Valentine, Toys in the Attic (for the last line) Cowboy Funk, Mushroom Samba, Boogie Woogie Feng Shui (if for nothing else the ragging on Jet)

Take out the 5 Vicious episodes and you could probably call Cowboy Bebop an "action comedy" show. I imagine dandy will be like that but with a bigger focus on comedy then action.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature no more sibling bullshit in Valvrave, no more halfmen surviving for an entire episode in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Lancer drama in Fate/Zero, not stoner Kirito doing not stoner stuff with not a girl (part 1) in Darker than Black, and WTFBOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 9:00 PM EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Fate/Zero - 9 - Master and Servant
9:25 - Steins;Gate - 8 - Chaos Theory Homeostasis I
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 8 - Bloody Battle! Jojo & Dio
10:15 - Valvrave the Liberator - 15 - Return to Karlstein
10:40 - Valvrave the Liberator - 16 - Marie Released
11:05 - Darker than Black - 7 - The Scent of Gardenia Lingers in the Summer Rain... (Part 1)

N.B. This week will feature an original return to quality. ONLY THIS WEEK!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
True story: Senran Kagura Burst does the Ninja School plot better than Naruto.

No, I'm talking plot plot, not "plot" plot...which it also does better.

True story: Senran Kagura Burst does the Ninja School plot better than Naruto.

No, I'm talking plot plot, not "plot" plot...which it also does better.

I mean it's not hard to do a ninja school plot better then Naruto, Naruto is ninja school for only a few early chapters/episodes

bigkrev

I don't really watch anime outside of Toonami/Adult Swim, to be honest.

Does that mean you don't hate me? :D

Me neither. Let's be friends.

Nakama.

And I am strangely interested in Senra Kagura, but the Plot is kinda driving me away... I couldn't play Code of Princess due to Plot as well. (Also, I totally Downloaded AA4 and Hakouki and haven't started them. And bought SMT4 and haven't started that.)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature no more sibling bullshit in Valvrave, no more halfmen surviving for an entire episode in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Lancer drama in Fate/Zero, not stoner Kirito doing not stoner stuff with not a girl (part 1) in Darker than Black, and WTFBOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 9:00 PM EDT Saturday!

11:05 - Darker than Black - 7 - The Scent of Gardenia Lingers in the Summer Rain... (Part 1)

I'll be there

Branduil

Is there a reason for the change in order?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there a reason for the change in order?

Yes. Bass wanted the change because of work and he wanted to at least watch Fate/Zero and S;G with the group. Is there a time conflict with you as well? T_T I know it's hard to cater to everyone but I'll try.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember really liking DTB.

Then I remember watching the first few episodes of it's second season and no longer liking DTB.

It's still better than VVV mind you.

Anyone here picking up a PS4 tonight? I know toonami gaf loves Nintendo but I'm pretty excited for the new consoles coming out this month.

My brother is picking it up tomorrow he has it all paid off. Personally while I want the system there are no games in the foreseeable future that I really want. When titles like Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tales of PS4, etc are closer I'll pick it up

My brother is picking it up tomorrow he has it all paid off. Personally while I want the system there are no games in the foreseeable future that I really want. When titles like Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tales of PS4, etc are closer I'll pick it up
XV looks amazing, I get the feeling we won't see Kingdom Hearts until 2016. I recently played through II and it hasn't aged that well.

bigkrev

I'm waiting for Infamous and MLB 14 The Show to get my PS4. My birthday is March 1st, probably will be a nice present to give myself :D

XV looks amazing, I get the feeling we won't see Kingdom Hearts until 2016. I recently played through II and it hasn't aged that well.

I have to disagree, even after playing DDD I can still go back and play vanilla KH and vanilla KH2 and have a blast. Let alone the hd remixes which add the final mix content and update the visuals

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love KH 1, BBS, and DDD. Two can suck it. Awful combat, mash one button to win. Terrible worlds for the most part.

Raxus

Man this console is sexy. I went ahead and bought sound shapes and flower with my two free games. I am going to have plenty to do as I wait for infamous.

thetechkid

I love KH 1, BBS, and DDD. Two can suck it. Awful combat, mash one button to win. Terrible worlds for the most part.

I can accept not liking the worlds, but 2 was not press one button to win no matter how much people try to make it sound like it was.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There is that other button you have to hit during boss fights to really win.

I know they fixed the difficulty with FM+, but we didn't get that!

Seda

I'm with Man God on this one. KHII was such a disappointment. I'm looking forward to the HD version because I've heard Final Mix alleviates many of the issues, at least somewhat.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom