• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm pretty much done with TIFF. I can't believe they built a freaking condo then went to Ticketmaster and adopted surge pricing for tickets. They got rich and then made the festival unaffordable. Great job, guys.

Wow, nice weather on Labor Day Toronto you fucking bitch! I wanted to go for a nice walk and get a coffee but wind is 90km an hour, thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, earthquake warnings. Fuck off guy from are you afraid of the dark all over my tv screen. This city blows.

N° 2048

Wow, nice weather on Labor Day Toronto you fucking bitch! I wanted to go for a nice walk and get a coffee but wind is 90km an hour, thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, earthquake warnings. Fuck off guy from are you afraid of the dark all over my tv screen. This city blows.

Lol I'm dying. I love this so much.

Lexxism

michaeljordanlaugh.gif

Went to Rattlesnake Point today, the hike was hella long and I'm tired af. Nice breeze for most of the day, but got muggy and mosquito-y toward the end (then the rain). Had BBQ afterwards, which was a nice reward.

Why am I always on the subway train with all the crackheads? Happy back to school!

I am working at U of T for a bit and hopefully gonna get with some hot asians. Any tips from Asian Toronto-GAF? They weren't interested in me when I studied here. I thought tutoring hot asian girls would get me lucky but they ended up hating me because I was smarter than them. Now I am older and got more game but all tips welcome.

Blackhead

Redarse
Why am I always on the subway train with all the crackheads? Happy back to school!

I am working at U of T for a bit and hopefully gonna get with some hot asians. Any tips from Asian Toronto-GAF? They weren't interested in me when I studied here. I thought tutoring hot asian girls would get me lucky but they ended up hating me because I was smarter than them. Now I am older and got more game but all tips welcome.
GAQ (Girls Answer Questions) thread

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|
don't forget the /s

Eleuin

please move back to SA so we don't have to read anymore posts like this

Well this is mildly helpful.
please move back to SA so we don't have to read anymore posts like this
I created Toronto GAF. But ya'll unfortunately stuck with me until the end of the year here. Wait until winter starts. I will be even more unbearable. For the record, no matter what anyone says I actually was the one who started the whole team warm vs team cold beef. I will drive-by 🔫 all you team winter hosers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to say I'm glad the streetcars are back on Queen...but I'm still stuck waiting here and I see from my app there are 1 streetcar 5 min away and 4 behind it that are 1 min apart from each other..,

Quick

Banned
Had a weird issue today at Chatime at Pacific Mall. Their system was down, so they were only taking cash.

My drink was $5 and tapioca was an extra 50 cents. The cashier proceeds to tax me for the tapioca, then add that to the $5 drink, then tax me altogether for the two. It amounted to an extra 5 cents, so I dropped the issue.

Is this actually a thing that I didn't know about, or was the taxing all wrong? I feel like it's the latter.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Had a weird issue today at Chatime at Pacific Mall. Their system was down, so they were only taking cash.

My drink was $5 and tapioca was an extra 50 cents. The cashier proceeds to tax me for the tapioca, then add that to the $5 drink, then tax me altogether for the two. It amounted to an extra 5 cents, so I dropped the issue.

Is this actually a thing that I didn't know about, or was the taxing all wrong? I feel like it's the latter.
No...should've been 5.50 plus tax.

You got played like a goddamned fiddle!

SNAAAAAAAKE!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a new internet provider.

I've had Rogers for ages, and stuck with them since I was still getting a discount but that discount is over. How's TekSavvy? Any other suggestions?

dluu13

I've had Rogers for ages, and stuck with them since I was still getting a discount but that discount is over. How's TekSavvy? Any other suggestions?

I've been with TekSavvy ADSL for a long time now. The only trouble I had with them was during set-up. They had to get a Bell technician in to come install everything for me. There were some service issues for a couple of weeks but I called them and they eventually sorted everything out on their end. I've gone for about two years now and only had one outage for a few minutes since the first couple of weeks.

YMMV though. I know the people on TekSavvy cable service were having a ton of issues with outages a while ago.

I would try to see if Beanfield is hooked up in your area. They are fast and cheap.

gabbo

I've only had TekSavy since May, but I haven't had any issues with them so far, and theyve always been helpful when I called them. When I moved, I was told by TorontoGAF to look into beanfield, Start.ca, and TekSavvy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Someone mentioned start.ca - I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I use Teksavvy and have been pretty happy with them as well.

I don't use them anymore but every time I was with teksavvy I had very few complaints. Was with them for years previously for both cable and DSL. Everything worked fine and their customer service was awesome.

dluu13

I don't use them anymore but every time I was with teksavvy I had very few complaints. Was with them for years previously for both cable and DSL. Everything worked fine and their customer service was awesome.

Good customer service was something I forgot to mention. I never made any unreasonable requests when needing customer service, but they never said "no we can't do that" to me. Whether on chat or on the phone, the CSR was always nice and polite.

The only complaint I have is that trying to get a hold of them on the phone takes a really long time...

Quick

Banned
I'm also not with Teksavvy anymore because Rogers offered up a good plan, but if I had any complaints about Teksavvy's service, it would have to be the wait times when I called.

yyzjohn

Banned
Anyone been to Terroni? They were bitching about it on Overdrive how they don't let you make any changes to your order at all, won't even cut the pizza they bring you. Anyone have first hand experience with this place?

N° 2048

Anyone been to Terroni? They were bitching about it on Overdrive how they don't let you make any changes to your order at all, won't even cut the pizza they bring you. Anyone have first hand experience with this place?

My boss went to Terroni and asked for feta cheese for his pasta and they said he can't have it because "that is not the way the chef wants you to eat the food."

So my boss asked "what comes with feta cheese?" and it was some oil+feta so he ordered that and literally took the feta out of the oil and put it on his pasta.

That place reeks of pretentiousness and overpriced bullshit.

Quadratic

I've been to Terroni a few times. The pizza was alright back in the day before we had more thin crust Italian pizza joints like Libretto. And like Libretto, it's a fairly expensive place to eat at.

They have never cut their pizza. The pasta I remember was only so-so. I think it's a pretty overrated spot.

The line "This is how the chef wants you to eat his food" pretty much tells you never come back lol. It's so condescending.

Edit: I just wanted to add my thoughts on substitutions on dishes. If it's posted on the website / menu you can not make alterations that's the business' decision and if you know ahead of time that's fair. I didn't see anything posted on the menu so it's kind of on Terroni if they get blow back if someone doesn't want Olives on their pizza for example.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What are you two on about?
EM should explain it, BUT HE MIGHT FUCK UP TWICE! 😂😂

My boss went to Terroni and asked for feta cheese for his pasta and they said he can't have it because "that is not the way the chef wants you to eat the food."

So my boss asked "what comes with feta cheese?" and it was some oil+feta so he ordered that and literally took the feta out of the oil and put it on his pasta.

That place reeks of pretentiousness and overpriced bullshit.

I've been to Terroni a few times. The pizza was alright back in the day before we had more thin crust Italian pizza joints like Libretto. And like Libretto, it's a fairly expensive place to eat at.

They have never cut their pizza. The pasta I remember was only so-so. I think it's a pretty overrated spot.

The line "This is how the chef wants you to eat his food" pretty much tells you never come back lol. It's so condescending.

Edit: I just wanted to add my thoughts on substitutions on dishes. If it's posted on the website / menu you can not make alterations that's the business' decision and if you know ahead of time that's fair. I didn't see anything posted on the menu so it's kind of on Terroni if they get blow back if someone doesn't want Olives on their pizza for example.
Wife and I went there last weekend. We only had the pasta and it was pretty good all things considered. That said, I do think it's pretty stupid to have food come unaltered. You "could" have allergies and on top of that, you paid for your fucking food. Some people like more pepper in it, some like hot sauce on it. Customer service should trump their ego.

jokkir

Well, I'm at the red carpet to see Shia. That's what you get when your work is like 3 minutes away from TIFF.

Anyone know a good name to yell? Was thinking of calling him Louis

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
You think? I had a muffin at work yesterday, it definitely smelled like Pumpkin Spice, but it didn't seem to be heavy on the spices.

To me it was but I don't often have pumpkin spice anything. My co-worker thought it was heavy on the spice too. Neither of us could finish the muffin.

Top Bottom