• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think his campaign should do if clinton wins everything next week

aside from firing jeff weaver out of a cannon into the sun

Well since I've been following him since before 2008 and in his fight against big banks, corruption and money interests, I hope he continues. But I would hope he would stop going after Hillary and start targeting the right more since they are way more guilty for it.

The thing is, Hillary and the Clintons are a freaking juggernaut. If it was anyone else, asides for Obama, he would have won. I'm proud of what he has accomplished and his ability to get his messages out.

As far as Clinton, she has to show me a reason to support her other than Trump being a shit head. But I live in Texas, so it isn't like my vote matters in the end. I'll follow the GE projections, but I doubt who I support will matter during the GE.

I think it needs to be said that, at least for me, I voted FOR Bernie, not against Hillary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well since I've been following him since before 2008 and in his fight against big banks, corruption and money interests, I hope he continues. But I would hope he would stop going after Hillary and start targeting the right more since they are way more guilty for it.

The thing is, Hillary and the Clintons are a freaking juggernaut. If it was anyone else, asides for Obama, he would have won. I'm proud of what he has accomplished and his ability to get his messages out.

As far as Clinton, she has to show me a reason to support her other than Trump being a shit head. But I live in Texas, so it isn't like my vote matters in the end. I'll follow the GE projections, but I doubt who I support will matter during the GE.

I think it needs to be said that, at least for me, I voted FOR Bernie, not against Hillary.

Honestly Cuomo would have beaten Bernie. The only reason he didn't run is he's tight with Clinton and he wouldn't have stood a chance. He's got a record at this point that most democrats wish they had, and one that puts Bernie's to shame. He's done almost everything Bernie says he would do. The guy's far from the perfect nominee, but in 8 years he's going to be the man to beat.

Brinbe

Yes, this should be over next week. Or at least taking the steps to wind it down.

PA to be the one to stick that dagger in. Couldn't be prouder of the keystone state. <3

Paskil

Shit, I'm awful with names, but thankfully my chat is still open. JJDinomite, I owe you a drink at some point in the near future. I wasn't up to going out tonight, but I've lived in Madison my entire life, so we'll have to get together for a beverage at some point this election cycle!

Piecake

The media confirms views more than it pushes them. Relatives and peers are far more instrumental in changing political opinions.

Despite similar media institutions existing, multi-party systems thrive across the world. Why wouldn't they work here in America?

I thought you were implying that if more radical voices took over control of the two major parties then people would start changing their opinion.

A multi-party system can't work in America due to the way our system is set up. I don't see that ever changing. I can see things like Ranked-Voting being implemented at the local and state level that put pressure on the National level to change, but I certainly do not see the US going towards a parliamentary system without an amendment, and that amendment will never happen because of nationalism.

Honestly Cuomo would have beaten Bernie. The only reason he didn't run is he's tight with Clinton and he wouldn't have stood a chance. He's got a record at this point that most democrats wish they had, and one that puts Bernie's to shame. He's done almost everything Bernie says he would do. The guy's far from the perfect nominee, but in 8 years he's going to be the man to beat.

I don't buy this. Cuomo had maybe a little more national appeal, but in general, Hillary's national appear is HUGE. No one every thought it would be a contest, and some ways it wasn't a contest, but I think most people figured Sanders wouldn't have even won anything besides a few small states.

I don't get this need to marginalize Sanders. Just let us at least have something.

Jeet Heer @HeerJeet
Here's New York values for you: Ted Cruz is losing to Ben Carson in some districts.

CgdNttTWsAAP8IO.jpg:large

I don't buy this. Cuomo had maybe a little more national appeal, but in general, Hillary's national appear is HUGE. No one every thought it would be a contest, and some ways it wasn't a contest, but I think most people figured Sanders wouldn't have even won anything besides a few small states.

I don't get this need to marginalize Sanders. Just let us at least have something.

Sanders has far exceeded my expectations, but to be honest I don't think he is a great candidate. He has a great message, but he is a pretty mediocre candidate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I'm not trying to marginalize him, but acting like it would take a juggernaut to beat him is also dishonest. How well do you think he would have done against a guy who has actually accomplished a lot of the stuff he talks about doing? People would have been saying, "Well he managed to do it, why couldn't you?" A large part of the reason Bernie did as well as he did is the fact it was a two person field.

I'm not trying to marginalize him, but acting like it would take a juggernaut to beat him is also dishonest. How well do you think he would have done against a guy who has actually accomplished a lot of the stuff he talks about doing? People would have been saying, "Well he managed to do it, why couldn't you?" A large part of the reason Bernie did as well as he did is the fact it was a two person field.

I don't feel like only a Juggernaut would beat him, but in the end, of course a Juggernaut would beat him. I mentioned the clintons and obama because they are the most successful national figures in the party.

As far as Cuomo goes, I wouldn't know what his campaign would sound like, so I cant really say it would be a shoe in for Cuomo to win.

Also, Sanders is fighting for the stuff he is fighting for because it hasn't been done.

Man the Cenk salt is real. He's now arguing Clinton is for CU LOL Love it.
Well, she did take advantage of the loosened finance rules for her victory fund.

The DNC is using all that cash to start paying its millions of dollars of debt but I think the point remains that the dems like the money flow just like Republicans.

The deadline to change wasn't great. The deadline to register new was fine.

EDIT: From memory Gabbard's father is a state politician (R). Hates the gays. She used to defend this. She's also a (shock horror) hawk. And bigot against Muslim's, while her own family has a coocoo for cocoa puffs Hari Krishna thing going on. She used her fathers networks and donors in her runs.

teiresias

MSNBC currently going in hard on how Sanders attacks over the past few weeks have made much of the electorate, including some young people, no longer see him as "the nice all man I thought he was".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom