• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers War for Cybertron |OT|

Teknoman

Didnt get to start it up, tonight, but I kinda want to get started with co-op tomorrow. Especially if it makes the experience the way online co-op does for RE5.

I love this game.

as mentioned I played at least 15 hours of demo MP before the game came out, so I'm well familiar with scout and soldier.

in retail I've mostly been playing leader, because I find them fun. their abilities are fun, and there's honestly nothing more fun than killing someone with the ram ability at high speed. bust out laughing every time. moleculon bomb I like the idea of but I'm still not sure how effective it really is since it's hard to land it. disruption is great when it works, but sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I haven't figured it out. warcry is great.

scientist, as I said before, has unique abilities but seems exceedingly difficult to do well with, some maps/modes moreso than others, due to their *extreme* fragility.

here's how I'd rank the classes in terms of balance for my skill level (which, let's call "pretty good"). this is based on personally owning and not bringing group cohesion into account.

1) scout (high damage, stealth-backstab, high mobility, and sniping -- this class can do it all and has the highest survivability)

2) soldier (as long as you take the scrapmaker, soldier owns -- pretty straightforward, just shoot stuff and it dies)

3) leader

4) scientist (again, just extremely frail and its niche is very difficult to find in a given match -- prepare to die *a lot*)

tribal24

Banned
hmm kinda interested in this , so hows single player also how does it compare to the ps2 game that came out that game was amazing

JohngPR

So, anyone want to show off what Transformers you created for multiplayer and their names?

What that't too nerdy? Ok, I'll go first. :D

2r62st1.jpg

Scattershot - Scout

t56epv.jpg

Firestar - Scientist

nc1qvn.jpg

Optimus (I know, not very original) - Leader

30ady06.jpg

Humvee - Soldier

X-Frame

The Scout definitely fits my playstyle the most but I enjoy the Leader the best. I love the Leaders weapons, especially his vehicle rockets. Very effective.

Foxix Von

Just beat it :D No ammo issues whatsoever, unless you count me forgetting where the ammo respawn was located during the last boss fight, but even then there were still tons of other weapons just lying around begging to have go. As a whole the game is freaking awesome with the first chapter of each campaign being the weakest of each and then ramping up exponentially as it goes on. The second Decepticon, and third and fourth Autobot chapters are the real highlight of the game.

If I had to rate it I'm not even sure if I could. It's totally fantastic, but it's rough around some very weird edges. The story while solid in what it is, is sort of lacking in the cutscenes. Sort of how I felt about Mass Effect 1, there are times when there's something really important happening but it just sort of come and goes way more quickly that it should, just feels sort of rushed at times. However the studios talent at moving the plot while inside the game and keeping things interesting is just wonderful. That being said, the way they portrayed the characters and banter more than makes up for the lack of personality and character (or lack thereof) in the Bayformers.

If I had to I'd probably agree with IGN's nine. There's some wonky texture loading, somewhat iffy framerate, and sometimes downright Bayformers teammate AI all got they're shining moments during my playthrough. Those issues though, while noticeable never really hindered my enjoyment.

Great fun, if you ever liked Transformers play this. It's really the franchise at it's best and banging on all cylinders, and now I've got Arcee! Woot!

Speaking of... I also found a nifty Arcee statue that I'm super tempted to buy, however that would make me the owner of two figure models and I'm not sure if I could cope with that fact.:lol

Oh and in addition: BEST END CREDITS. EVER. PERIOD.

Sill4

So, anyone have extra DLC codes :D

My friend got an invalid Jazz code, unless he's not doing it right.

Foxix said:
Oh and in addition: BEST END CREDITS. EVER. PERIOD.
EVERYONE should watch the credits! There is a youtube link a couple pages back with no spoilers. Even if you aren't a fan....watch it anyways.

MAtgS

*Registers with web site to redeem code*

*Checks email for validation link, clicks link*

*Attempts to log in*

"Email address not found in our databanks"

*Eye Twitches*

Dizzle24

The best part about MP on PS3, is not being able to connect to any game modes. Its NOT MY CONNECTION...as I am still connected to PSN. I've attempted for 30 minutes today to connect to Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch and get "Searching...reserving space in game 1 of 1...reserving space in game 2 of 2...joining game...Connection to host has been lost."

That happened 6 times in a row. I also managed to connect to a game and choose my character, but then I get "connection to host timed out" bullshit. I want to play! Fix it fix it fix it!

Dizzle24 said:
The best part about MP on PS3, is not being able to connect to any game modes. Its NOT MY CONNECTION...as I am still connected to PSN. I've attempted for 30 minutes today to connect to Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch and get "Searching...reserving space in game 1 of 1...reserving space in game 2 of 2...joining game...Connection to host has been lost."

That happened 6 times in a row. I also managed to connect to a game and choose my character, but then I get "connection to host timed out" bullshit. I want to play! Fix it fix it fix it!
isn't psn down for maintenance today? or would that even matter.

CryptiK

Dizzle24 said:

Must be rare Im not having that problem at all and I am playing with a 64k down speed lol

could possibly be your NAT type.

Dizzle24 said:

Have you been able to play any matches at all? I haven't had any issues on PS3 yet.

ElRenoRaven

I have to say I love Amazon. Got my Demolisher code today and unlike all the bullshit everyone is having to go through it was an actual code that I could just enter into my 360. No going to a website to get a code bullshit.

Thank you Amazon.

X-Frame

PsychoRaven said:
I have to say I love Amazon. Got my Demolisher code today and unlike all the bullshit everyone is having to go through it was an actual code that I could just enter into my 360. No going to a website to get a code bullshit.

Thank you Amazon.
Rub it in!

Though I agree. Amazon is great with games whereas Gamestop is becoming increasingly annoying. If a Gamestop wasn't literally 2 minutes down the road and conveniently on my way home from work I would be exclusive to Amazon.

Blackheim

nolookjones said:
anyone playing the pc version? is it worth playing? xbox 360 controller supported?

I have it and yes it's worth playing if you like fun :p My 360 controller works in game also. The PC version does have shortcomings ... but really, the fun factor outweighs that for me.

I got my copy from Amazon today as well, and entering the code was easysauce as said above. So far I am really enjoying this game. It obviously has a couple flaws but it's just so much fun and addictive in a way I can't really describe. It's certainly not the most original game around either. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the multiplayer - I loved the MP demo as well, but I haven't tried it in the full game yet because I want to complete the campaign to unlock all the multi stuff. This game rocks and makes excellent use of the license :D

Dizzle24

CryptiK said:
Must be rare Im not having that problem at all and I am playing with a 64k down speed lol

could possibly be your NAT type.
I play Red Dead Redemption and Lost Planet 2 MP almost everyday and have never ever ever been disconnected from a match like this. :(

X-Frame

KoruptData said:
Probably have a shield up. Just a guess. Is your health a solid bar or the 4 blocks?
I'd guess this is the reason too. I get confused too until I realize I have an overshield on.

Foxix Von

ghostmind said:
I hope they offer the preorder characters as DLC... I really want Shockwave.

You could probably just get by with walking into gamestop and just be like, "Hey, I preordered and bought transformers the other day but you fools didn't gimme no code ya see?"

They've just got a barcode they ring up and it prints it out on a receipt.

Almost have played through the campaign twice on hard. Got to combined level of 20 in multiplayer. What a fantastic game, but there's only like 2,000 people playing online. A damn shame because it's very well made.

So far I agree that the Autobot campaign is way better than the Decepticon one. Act 1(VI overall) for the Autobots would have been such an amazing way to have begun the game.

I played about 4 quick mp matches last night (360) but they were all lagged to shit. Hopefully I was just unlucky with hosts(All of which dropped out at the end of each match) or something.

JdFoX187

Banned
I just started on the Decepticon campaign today, and I'm having fun. Count me in with those that keep running out of ammunition. But it's not a terrible slight, I just run around smashing people with the big ass hammer.

Dude Abides

Banned
Space A Cobra said:
So far I agree that the Autobot campaign is way better than the Decepticon one. Act 1(VI overall) for the Autobots would have been such an amazing way to have begun the game.

I played about 4 quick mp matches last night (360) but they were all lagged to shit. Hopefully I was just unlucky with hosts(All of which dropped out at the end of each match) or something.

No, I think there may be a problem with the netcode. I was having trouble connecting last night as well, and I remember similar problems (mostly getting dropped) from the demo.

X-Frame

robut said:
Almost have played through the campaign twice on hard. Got to combined level of 20 in multiplayer. What a fantastic game, but there's only like 2,000 people playing online. A damn shame because it's very well made.
PS3 version?

Foxix Von

Pimpbaa said:
Does anyone else find the Arcee model for multiplayer kinda sexy?.....er forget I said that.

I can't believe I'm going to say this... but maybe?
Robot fetish internet high five

I still prefer her old look though, her new one doesn't really seem to fit the overall style of the other characters. Like she almost seems to lanky, comparatively but I haven't had a chance to use her so I can't really say. I keep mulling over buying this since I just got payed :lol

51ZDy-GfIBL._SS500_.jpg

Axiom

Game just updated for me and I was FINALLY able to get my Jazz and Shockwave on on the transformersgame.eu site.

Wonder what the update did, seems a little early.

Have had not one PS3 issue in the days I've had it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MAtgS said:
*Registers with web site to redeem code*

*Checks email for validation link, clicks link*

*Attempts to log in*

"Email address not found in our databanks"

*Eye Twitches*

To correct this issue, I went to activisions main site, and signed up as a member there, with the same info I used on the Transformers site. Then, the log-in worked on the Transformers site, and I was able to get my Shockwave code with no issues at all.

So yes, REGISTER YOUR INFO WITH THE ACTIVISION SITE, TO GET YOUR ACCOUNT TO WORK ON THE TRANSFORMERS SITE!

"can't find my email? But I just GAVE IT TO YOU!?!?!" annoying site...

alexel said:
Can anyone tell me if you gain exp in escalation mode or not?

No, escalation has you playing named, important Autobots and Decepticons. It is seperate from Normal online Multiplayer, and the characters mix and match class specials, stats, and abilities to form more or less "Unique" classes. So, Prime might be a leader, truckform and all... But he has Scout's Dash Ability, for example.

Quick note: I love Conquest mode. When you get a team that actually uses each class, and plays with strategy, healing the leaders who buff the troops who boost everyones attack damage so that the Soldiers and Scouts can wreck house... it's so great.

Also, Leader is an awesome class, and I love Martyrdom, hehe. So Many Grim Reaper kills that way ^_^

Dizzle24

I give up trying to play MP. 5,200 people online, and now I get stuck at "Finding Game--searching..." for over 3 minutes at a time before I quit to the title screen and try again. Awesome.

ShogunX

robut said:

There was 16,000+ at one stage last night playing so 2,000 seems a little low.

Dizzle24 said:
I give up trying to play MP. 5,200 people online, and now I get stuck at "Finding Game--searching..." for over 3 minutes at a time before I quit to the title screen and try again. Awesome.

Long shot but have you tried changing your game searches from Regional to Worldwide and vice versa?

Dude Abides

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:

I think that may mean 16,000 people playing Transformers and connected to Xbox live, not 16,000 necessarily playing MP. I was on at that time but I checked each playlist and there were no more than 3000 playing MP.

Dizzle24

Shogun PaiN said:

Long shot but have you tried changing your game searches from Regional to Worldwide and vice versa?
Yup. I played a match last night, didn't change connection settings (why would I?) and today I can't even find a game in any mode...it just gets stuck at "searching" or if by chance I find a game, I am IMMEDIATELY "disconnected from host." Like I said before, I am connected to PSN and can play other games with no issues. Fuck me!

ShogunX

Dude Abides said:
I think that may mean 16,000 people playing Transformers and connected to Xbox live, not 16,000 necessarily playing MP. I was on at that time but I checked each playlist and there were no more than 3000 playing MP.

Ah I see what you mean. Thing I found last night though is that a lot of people are playing Escalation so its hard to judge by adding up playlist numbers alone.

X-Frame

I assume this game is going to catch on and get pretty decent sales for months to come. There's really not much coming out over the summer.

Top Bottom