• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRAVOLTA IS ON 3 CHANNELS AT ONCE! ESPN NFL IS IN! (aka the ESPN love thread)

Lil' Dice

Banned
Gunstar77 said:
I figured out why I couldn't join anyones games. I remember last year ESPN 2k4 had a hard time playing behind a router. So I had to set my DMZ on my router to my Xbox IP. For those that don't the DMZ on your router, I would recommend hooking your Xbox directly into your cable modem, until Sega says what ports to open.

Yeah Malleymal, I don't have the router that you and FMT have but you should have an option to set your Xbox IP to DMZ mode. You need to get your IP for Xbox in the Dashboard.

You router sould have a Network Settings option, in there you can find the XBox's IP, and in the 'security' secion of your router's network settings you can assign that IP to the DMZ.

I have a problem with voice cat when using my MS Wireless router of all things, i added the 'Box tot eh DMZ and that still didn't help.

jedimike

Gunstar77 said:
I figured out why I couldn't join anyones games. I remember last year ESPN 2k4 had a hard time playing behind a router. So I had to set my DMZ on my router to my Xbox IP. For those that don't the DMZ on your router, I would recommend hooking your Xbox directly into your cable modem, until Sega says what ports to open.

Yeah Malleymal, I don't have the router that you and FMT have but you should have an option to set your Xbox IP to DMZ mode. You need to get your IP for Xbox in the Dashboard.

Sound like that was the problem me and caninsrule were having. Both of us are using wireless and the game degraded to a point where it was literally unplayable. I think my Xbox is already in my DMZ, but I'll double check.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
From that OS thread (this guy plays as the Raiders):

For me, I assign Rudd to spy (the A button).

I pull the L trigger for the LB Audibles. Rudd shows the A icon. Press the A button while still holding the L trigger. Pull the R trigger once he's selected.

Rudd now spies.

If you have a full cover 2, man to man defense, spy won't work. You can't have a guy with a m2m assignment go spy.

You have to be in a zone in the first place, and it leaves you vulnerable, so you have to pick and choose your spots. The combo zones work...just use a LB in a zone as the spy and it works.

Ramirez

Why couldn't they just add Spy plays in the playbook...thats one complaint I have,the playbooks are the EXACT same as last year,at least for the Steelers...

DMczaf

ok I'm home for a bit, it's time to avenge my only loss

Its go time ramirez!

BTW, how do we check out online stats?

Ramirez

I wont be ready til 4 DM,lol,got something I have to do real quick,but I'll be ready then or sometime tonight!Loss number 2 coming up!! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"BTW, how do we check out online stats?"

To see your stats create a game and then when you see your name in the list of created games right click on it and you can see your stats,atleast thats how I think I saw mine :p

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I'm ready to play anyone after ATH and PTI :D

Time to run all over Konex again, I get first crack at you after PTI! :p

Matrix said:
"BTW, how do we check out online stats?"

To see your stats create a game and then when you see your name in the list of created games right click on it and you can see your stats,atleast thats how I think I saw mine :p

thanks

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Awesome! Friggin awesome!

Best Buy got it in, I had a 5$ gift card lying around+Gamer's gift card= 10.89 NFL 2k5

BEST 10$ GAME EVER!

Fucking register monkey was a smart ass though. "Sure you don't want to wait a couple weeks for Madden?"
Yes, assclown. I preferred NFL 2k4 when it was the same price and later than Madden, I sure as shit prefer it this much cheaper and earlier.

Ryu

What are your guys tips for playing defense? What plays generally work again opponents? I'm actually a dunce when it comes to defense on football games. :\

TheDuce22

Banned
Im starting to think all my problems are related to my shitty cable modem. If replacing that does not correct the problem im gonna have to pull out of the tournament. Hopefully the new one gets here this weekend. Just out of curiousity, can someone who has no problem tell me what brand of cable modem they use?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Me and Gunstar TRIED and couldnt connect, I did play with My DMZ, adn I am able to play people that have FULL GREEN Status... I guess this is something that Sega will have to fix and SOON... still a great game none the less.. how about when we want to play we dont send invites, just a message with the settings and we can search and see if we have a good connection or not....

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Malleymal said:
Me and Gunstar TRIED and couldnt connect, I did play with My DMZ, adn I am able to play people that have FULL GREEN Status... I guess this is something that Sega will have to fix and SOON... still a great game none the less.. how about when we want to play we dont send invites, just a message with the settings and we can search and see if we have a good connection or not....

Malley, if I remember correctly your own connection will always show up all Red, I think.

hgplayer1 said:
yeah it doesnt seem to be working well right now. whenever i do an optimatch, the majority of the games that come up have bad pings (all red). when I create a public match and my game shows up on the list, it shows my ping is bad. why would it show that? im pinging myself and its bad?

anyways for those of you wanting to see what your record is you just have to create a public game and when you see your game on the list youll see what your record is.

hopefully in a couple days all this will be solved. or if its like last year on PS2 we'll be waiting and waiting..............

sometimes you cant do that, if there are alot of games, sometimes my name doesnt show up in the list.. so then what do i do to check my scores/stats?

you'd think they'd make the leaderboards easier, thats my biggest complaint against this otherwise amazing game.

so anyone know how to easily check your online stats/wins/etc?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Even if your name doesnt show up I think you can click the left thumbstick in and it will show,but I'm not 100% sure.

Lil' Dice

Banned
So what exactly are they trying to fix? Connecting to other players? Uploading your VIP roster? Because as of last night i couldn't do any of those things.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I had a good game with Drey earlier today. I lost 17-27. Yes the Texans lost to the Bears. I couldn't get any running game going at all and Andre Johnson had butterfingers. I really need to practice the running on this game.

Drey1082

dskillzhtown said:
I had a good game with Drey earlier today. I lost 17-27. Yes the Texans lost to the Bears. I couldn't get any running game going at all and Andre Johnson had butterfingers. I really need to practice the running on this game.

yeah, good game. Pretty lag free too, other than a couple points where it would go to a black screen that said "waiting for opponent" and then countdown for a while. I didn't know if you were pausing or we just lost the connection momentarily.

Ramirez

Me and HG had a good game,it was 0-0 til like mid way through the 3rd,then I scored with a FG,then he answered with a TD,ended up being 14-3,but I basically gave up at the end,Julius Jones is pretty over rated if you ask me,he looked like Barry Sanders out there :p

Mrbob

Fifty is slapping me around right now. I've played two games against him and that Ravens D has been putting on the hurt.

I've been able to play some games online and they have all been good, close games. Also practically lag free. I need to get my running game going though. I'm having a tough time trying to figure out who to rush between Thomas and Jones. Neither one seem to be able to get any seperation and break a big play. It'll be a long season for me if I can't get my run game going.

fifty beat me, but it wasn't his defense. it was kyle boller the fastest man on the planet raping my D for 10, 20, even 30 yards at a time. for some reason i cant get qb spy to work :(

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fifty beat me, but it wasn't his defense. it was kyle boller the fastest man on the planet raping my D for 10, 20, even 30 yards at a time. for some reason i cant get qb spy to work :(

LOL yes Boller is the new Vick!

I had to resort to spying manually with a linebacker because i can't get the QB spy function to work either.

Fifty

a_boller_i.jpg

FUMBLEPROOF!

Matrix

Fifty,I want to see how well the Texans can do against you..I'm sure you want revenge for all the MVP ass whoopings :p

Matrix

Konex,is your xbox live name still cloudy? I have you on my list,but I never see you online :\

Matrix

Ok,I have to send you a friend request.I'll be online in like 5 minutes.

hgplayer1

well im behind a router but i put my xbox in the DMZ. i played DaAnswer earlier with no problem.

they may be doing something to the servers cause now im getting messages about leagues not being available and no news available.

Top Bottom